• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Brawl Power Rankings Thread (as of 4/25/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Chaz and Michael are our 2 MK mains.

We have 2 Dedede's

2 Diddy Kongs

1 Falco (It'd be 2, but I can't come to tourneys yet)

1 Wario

1 Snake

2 Luigi's

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I wonder if our PR will ever look like New York's.

Also, 2 MK mains isn't a lot, but it seems like we're getting more and more MK secondaries D:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
actually I played with a yoshi player at KSU last week. He could easily be ranked on the PR, but he refuses to come to tournaments lol.

bushidobrown

Smash Apprentice
Mk is a virus. Before you know it, you'll easily have 5 mk mains.

Not that that's a bad thing though. The mu experience only helps your fellow non mk mainers.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Mk is a virus. Before you know it, you'll easily have 5 mk mains.

Not that that's a bad thing though. The mu experience only helps your fellow non mk mainers.

This.

Most of NJ/NY is MK but like their non MK players are usually really talented in that MU and can play a pretty gay pocket MK.

DRN

Smash Lord
Chaz and Michael are our 2 MK mains.

We have 2 Dedede's

2 Diddy Kongs

1 Falco (It'd be 2, but I can't come to tourneys yet)

1 Wario

1 Snake

2 Luigi's

You ignored my post bro.

I said im pretty much a zss main w/ a pocket mk/falco. I use mk only for mk and sometimes snake and diddy.

bigman40

Smash Master
naw we were definitely playing Brawl. He ***** my Wario but my Snake ***** him..... so he probably sucks LOL

oh well.
Meh, either way, it would be great to at least see another Yoshi player that actually plays serious in GA. Too bad that's like close to an impossibility.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
His name is Dkuo, he might be going by David Kuo in the tournament. I knew him from animating days a while back, and this is his first melee tournament.
"Jamaal says 'Hi?'" Or do you want me to say something more than that?

T3h Albino

Smash Master

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
MK is gay, wish he was banned. Just sayin'. Also, if you think I'm a hypocrite then you don't know me.

Also, I kind of wanted to bring up the idea of PRMs again but I feel like I'll just get yelled at again. I still don't understand why people were so against it. Easy system, good information but whatever.

Oh and I'm going inactive for a while prob. If you want to play me, do it in friendlies or a MM (I'll still be attending tournaments prob just not entering).

Purple

Hi guys!
MK is gay, wish he was banned. Just sayin'. Also, if you think I'm a hypocrite then you don't know me.

Also, I kind of wanted to bring up the idea of PRMs again but I feel like I'll just get yelled at again. I still don't understand why people were so against it. Easy system, good information but whatever.

Oh and I'm going inactive for a while prob. If you want to play me, do it in friendlies or a MM (I'll still be attending tournaments prob just not entering).
i don't get why not either micaelis. :(

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Kola - I am currently only planning to play doubles with BigLou as my partner at the Birmingham tournament. I do not plan on entering singles unless someone manages to convince me otherwise. If you wish to play me in a serious setting you can ask for a MM if you wish or just friendlies. I'm a very straight forward player and my play style does not deviate too much from friendlies. I'd like to play with you in at least friendlies if you have the time Kola. I wish very much to test my Wario against your more experience Marth.

@Jamaal - Yeah, but I already mentioned it to some people and most still weren't keen about it so whatever. I just wish there was a way to force MMs then or something lol.

Duo55

Smash Ace
@Kola - I am currently only planning to play doubles with BigLou as my partner at the Birmingham tournament. I do not plan on entering singles unless someone manages to convince me otherwise. If you wish to play me in a serious setting you can ask for a MM if you wish or just friendlies. I'm a very straight forward player and my play style does not deviate too much from friendlies. I'd like to play with you in at least friendlies if you have the time Kola. I wish very much to test my Wario against your more experience Marth.

@Jamaal - Yeah, but I already mentioned it to some people and most still weren't keen about it so whatever. I just wish there was a way to force MMs then or something lol.
If you don't mind me asking, why are you quitting singles? You seemed like a pretty solid player G6...

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
If you don't mind me asking, why are you quitting singles? You seemed like a pretty solid player G6...
Mainly because as of late I've been very disappointed in my playing. I don't feel like I'm growing much as a player and haven't been having much fun competing in bracket. Most of the reason I go to tournaments is to see friends and hang out. I have the most fun playing friendlies and doubles.

Overall, I've just been reflecting on what I want out of a tournament and right now I just want to have a break from competition and just have the most fun I think I can have. Also, I think I'm a good player but a lot of my success comes from playing a broken character (MK) and even though I like playing him, he doesn't give me any feeling of accomplishment when I perform well; only disappointment when I fail. I've also found a character (Wario) that I really want to get into and see what comes out of it.

Most likely I'll start joining singles again very shortly but for now I just want to enjoy the tournament atmosphere without any additional stress. The only way I'd enter singles right now would be as a Wario main. Who knows, maybe I will do that in Birmingham. We'll see.

P.S. - Also, don't worry! I still plan to attend almost every tournament which includes the occasional venture up to NC. So hopefully next time I'll be rearing to go and we can play some :D

Duo55

Smash Ace
Mainly because as of late I've been very disappointed in my playing. I don't feel like I'm growing much as a player and haven't been having much fun competing in bracket. Most of the reason I go to tournaments is to see friends and hang out. I have the most fun playing friendlies and doubles.

Overall, I've just been reflecting on what I want out of a tournament and right now I just want to have a break from competition and just have the most fun I think I can have. Also, I think I'm a good player but a lot of my success comes from playing a broken character (MK) and even though I like playing him, he doesn't give me any feeling of accomplishment when I perform well; only disappointment when I fail. I've also found a character (Wario) that I really want to get into and see what comes out of it.

Most likely I'll start joining singles again very shortly but for now I just want to enjoy the tournament atmosphere without any additional stress. The only way I'd enter singles right now would be as a Wario main. Who knows, maybe I will do that in Birmingham. We'll see.

P.S. - Also, don't worry! I still plan to attend almost every tournament which includes the occasional venture up to NC. So hopefully next time I'll be rearing to go and we can play some :D
Dude I totally get you on the MK thing, thats why no matter what fighting game I play, I always play my favorite character regardless of tier so I get the most fulfillment out of my victories. Playing a character you don't like or feel is too easy will eventually cause you to get burnt out. And cool, the GA crew was mad chill last time, hope to see you guys again. Also I'll take you up on those friendlies.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol more experienced Marth. May I ask who I'm being compared to? xD

Erm anyway.

Theres really no reason for anyone to really frown upon your decision because well...it is your day and how you spend it should be the way you'd enjoy it most. I'm pretty glad you're wanting to do what is more fun.

Now on the topic of your feeling of dissatification of losing. It reminds me a lot of Master Raven in 08 when I first met him (via Wi-Fi). He was a MK main who soft mained Donkey Kong (coincidence eh?). Winning with MK wasn't really making him feel any better, not as much as winning with DK (A character he had more fun with). However singles performance with or without MK usually left him more disappointed than happy. He eventually took a break of some sort, came back and did rather well.....I mean from a Florida viewpoint anyway lol. But yeah, odd story I just threw out there that didn't really have to do much with what I'm about to post.

On to the point. Not many join singles in hopes of leaving with their inside goal (unless you're a top level player). Losing sucks, yes. I felt terrible losing to Ragnarok the way I did and at my skill level the only reason I'm losing the way I am is because I don't know my character....plain and simple. Many times I've thought, "why bother with joining this tournament if I know I'm not going in prepared and at my best with Marth?". This has actually kept me from joining a few tournaments completely (ie AUSOM 1&2 and SiegeCon). Thinking I didn't miss much at all from saving myself from burning $10...Elev8 thus told me that if anything I missed a chance at MORE experience with playing players I'll hardly see in a competitive enviornment due to like....area and player choice.

So why not just do MMs? Well yeah it would get you match up experience providing you actually managed to get the other player to accept one. Not everyone is going to bring extra money for a MM and not everyone is going to have the drive to play seriously after a singles tournament. If you just went for friendlies then you'd constantly ask yourself "If this were a tournament match would he/she be doing the things he/she is now?" Chances are probably not. Although many try to go into a friendly with the same mindset of a bracket match or MM there are just some elements that can't be recreated in a friendly. I mean for me when I'm playing a set, being the rookie I am, get extremely nervous and will have fear to help judge what moves I'll be doing. Momentum is also another thing that varies in friendlies and sets. One could keep the momentum from many matches while the opponent stays at a low one. In a tournament set or MM usually it could start somewhat even.

It would seem as if MM's were still viable at this point, because lol they are. xD They're exciting. But will you have the same feeling of progression if you didn't join singles? Many people aren't expecting to win a lick of money through this. So why are they joining? I believe for A: The community, and B: tracking of progress with their skill and character(s). There will never be a situation where a player doesn't leave disappointed after a tournament, so don't feel bad about it. (though I really doubt you let it bring you down like myself or others.)

oh dear this wall of text.....well to pretty much conclude this jabber I've spilt out....Yes I don't mind if you visit to do MMs, I mean as long as you're having fun the tournament hosts are doing their job. Do what you want to do, but just take these few notes into consideration.

._. and yeah you can skim through that.....it's pretty long.

Edit: :I and my replying skills suck lol I don't know why I added things twice.

Player-3

Smash Hero
my marth has gotten so bad

thats why i main sonic now

don't be hating

edit:

best six thousandth post ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom