• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia/Alabama Merged Brawl Power Rankings (Updated 9/17/2013)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
too bad you won't ever play him

he doesn't travel anywhere that isn't 20 minutes from his house

you don't travel anywhere that isn't 20 minutes from your house

:troll:
oh so true! I doubt that i'll be playing much at all this fall, since I'll be student teaching

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
; )

my name will be all falco by it and in the top 5 next season!
LOL. PLEASE...

You said this about eveyr character. I remember you specially saying this about :pikachu:, DK, :marth:, :falco:, :falcon:, :fox:, :luigi2:, and :diddy:. Who knows what other characters you have thought about using. As always I think you should go back to the captain.

Plus you can't camp with falco which means you can't beat me. Until you commit to a character you won't beat me.

Player-1

Smash Legend
joe isn't even black, what is he thinking trying to use falco? LOL.

Even Ryker is realizing this and playing Ike now

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
joe isn't even black, what is he thinking trying to use falco? LOL.

Even Ryker is realizing this and playing Ike now
Ty is getting pretty good. If he keeps at it I wouldn't be surprised if he made top 10 al. That doesn't say much though since we have a merged pr...

:phone:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Then this Ty guy will just have to step it up and make it to the top 10 merged PR. If he really is improving and wanting to reach that goal then it just got a bit more interesting. No whining about making things a bit more challenging, this IS competition.

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
what happened to ragnoroCk, bill_, BIGLOU and saintkai?

:sonic:
I think a few of them are inactive; not playing at the moment. Basically they have not gone to enough tournaments (....have not bought their way on the list[activity!]), even though they are better than a few people on this current PR list. Is it an accurate list showcasing the best players in GA/AL? Well, yes and no; I do think it shows a list of very strong players, however it does not show the best players.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Then this Ty guy will just have to step it up and make it to the top 10 merged PR. If he really is improving and wanting to reach that goal then it just got a bit more interesting. No whining about making things a bit more challenging, this IS competition.
It fosters competition where it was already in place and unneeded. Do NOT start with me here. I'll be happy to go 10 rounds in private.

Scatz

Smash Champion
It's a seasonal list that shows the best active players. You wabt the best players of all time, then that's a whole different list.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It fosters competition where it was already in place and unneeded. Do NOT start with me here. I'll be happy to go 10 rounds in private.

It tightens the competition*

Honestly I'm surprised to see Honorable Mentions now that I think about it harder. But if we wanted something to reward hard working players (Like your argument states) then that must be why it was brought back.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think a few of them are inactive; not playing at the moment. Basically they have not gone to enough tournaments (....have not bought their way on the list[activity!]), even though they are better than a few people on this current PR list. Is it an accurate list showcasing the best players in GA/AL? Well, yes and no; I do think it shows a list of very strong players, however it does not show the best players.
Billy and BigLou are inactive. Saint hasn't been to an AL/GA tournament in a long time. Ragnarok said he's quitting Brawl, and he's been relatively inactive. 4GOD has been in FL pretty much all summer.

If you are an inactive player, we can't assume you are still better than the active players. Otherwise, someone could come to one tournament, get a good placement, then not have to come back and prove themselves again for the next three months. It's not fair to people who could potentially beat them at those tournaments. Things change and players that they used to beat will improve. In fact, to even say that we "know" these inactive players are better but we can't technically put them on the list is a lousy way to look at it. If they won't come to tournaments and prove that they still have what it takes, then they don't deserve to be on the list and they can't call themselves the best. Power ranked players have to put their skills to the test and put their ranking on the line every time they enter singles, else it doesn't mean anything. Inactive players shouldn't be allowed to sit back and hold onto their "top player" titles without any risk.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Srsly all you guys complaining about the list look at it this way

Im on the list and im traaaaaashhhhh
So you all can too!

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Same thing I said in Falco social. Can I get an explanation as to why you said "one way."
If your down then we can switch back and forth, but as for the disclaimer Im not going back to Texas, Im moving to the east coast.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I figured something along those lines. I've got to be in Maryland on the twenty something of September, I misread the date for Impact.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Get Hype! II - September 29th - Lawrence, Kansas

I'm going, regardless. I'm making this happen.

My car has three spots left (Saint is filling one) and I'm opening it to AL/GA before I reach for anywhere else. This is not necessarily on a first come first serve basis, but it certainly isn't going to hurt you to be here before the next guy.

I will be trying to obtain housing, but a hotel room may be what we end up going with. The price has not yet been determined. We may qualify for some financial help, but I'll have to see. My goal is to bring five. We can do two cars if there's enough interest, but that seems unlikely.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yo guys, Ryker blew up my phone saying he really wants to go to

Get HYPE! II

You can find the event info here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321838

Let's make it happen :)
I've got four people as of now. I can probably take a Trailblazer instead of my little Honda Civic if we have more than one person interested in attending. Talk to me. I want to take anybody willing to go, but with more than 4 people, I will need forewarning.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So, iblis and scatz know this but i am in town for the next week or so and i would love to brawl.

Scheduling is a bit tight for me but i am at the georgia convention center tonight and want to play.

After saturday though. I will be at my sisters house in marietta from sunday till wednesday or so.

Top Bottom