• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Modsarechildren

Banned via Warnings
This user has been banned for being an alternate account of a previously banned user. Don’t make alternate accounts to circumvent a ban.
How long until mods delete this thread:\

lol anyway, I still hold hope, but it's looking like the last two dlc characters will be someone from FE and Pokemon:\

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

lol anyway, I still hold hope, but it's looking like the last two dlc characters will be someone from FE and Pokemon:\
They won't. This thread isn't the biggest thread in SmashBoards history like the previous Geno thread and it isn't nowhere as active with nowhere as many people as well. So trolls are much less likely to **** us over in a argument bad enough to get the mods to lock this thread like the good old days. I think those ******** who use to troll and antagonize the Geno thread think they have already won with Geno getting the Mii costume and our thread getting demoting to this one since I think that's how they see it.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'll probably play it again for it's upcoming 25th Anniversary. Around the beginning of February, I stepped down from running Operation StarFall. Too many things going on my life to keep up the pace and continue to reach out to new Super Mario RPG fans. I have also moved onto smaller passion projects not related to Smash Bros.

However, I do believe it is in good hands moving forward. At some point, we will have our day whether it is with Smash Bros or a new game.

I absolutely recommend you check out the upcoming art collaboration as well as Toshin's incredible Smash Bros Geno/CSS overhaul project

One thing that keeps me a fan of both Super Mario RPG and Geno is how ambitious we are and how much we work on projects. I am absolutely looking forward to seeing all the great projects this community has to offer moving forward!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

I wouldn't worry about those two as a possibly, Fire Emblem might've already finished with Byleth and Pokemon seems to not be having a character for the pass most likely, what i do think they need is a Stage since Ultimate didn't give Incineroar one.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
Do you know what? I really feel that Geno, Isaac, Ashley, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, Midna, etc. They all will be next smash, I mean just hearing their names gives me Hype and Hope. Have a nice week

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you know what? I really feel that Geno, Isaac, Ashley, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, Midna, etc. They all will be next smash, I mean just hearing their names gives me Hype and Hope. Have a nice week
I wish, but I highly doubt it. We got lucky with Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy and Dark Samus with Ultimate and they put mostly promotional 3rd party and Nintendo picks after the base game in the DLC lineup. I'm sure the same will follow in Smash 6 where it's mostly relevant Nintendo newcomers and big 3rd party characters for the newcomer lineup. We'll get lucky if we even get two of those characters in the next game as most highly requested wanted Nintendo newcomers seem to get shafted aside in favor of characters more in line with Nintendo's latest products. Nintendo cares more about promoting their games than delivering fan service to the fans. Ultimate is a great example of this because while Ultimate is a fan service game with all the veterans, almost all the past stages, a decent number of highly requested newcomers, most of it's newcomer lineup is characters Nintendo or other companies were trying to promote. This might be the last game where all the veterans are all together and Nintendo and Sakurai ain't trying to add bigger fish that a huge chunk of the fanbase wants in this grand finale type Smash. I'm not saying Ultimate is the last Smash because it's too big of a cash cow for Nintendo to let go, but because Ultimate really does feel like the grand finale of the series as I don't think any future Smash game will topple it.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
It’s always great to be back here after that much long. I hope everyone is okay and let’s say it, Geno For Smash is still a dream that can come true. One day, one day my friends...maybe as the last Dream Pick in FP2, or maybe in a Special Pass (FP3) with Geno-Isaac-Waluigi or maybe in the next Smash. Never stop believing.

Best wishes from Miami. I’m on vacations. Hope everyone is safe and...

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s always great to be back here after that much long. I hope everyone is okay and let’s say it, Geno For Smash is still a dream that can come true. One day, one day my friends...maybe as the last Dream Pick in FP2, or maybe in a Special Pass (FP3) with Geno-Isaac-Waluigi or maybe in the next Smash. Never stop believing.

Welcome back, QQS!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
JoJoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dam dam dadadadadadadadaadaadfadadadlll dadam
But why????? is it because Geno is Blue? Or becuase he
"dies"
And wouldnt Geno be someone like zeppeli (i only know the first 2) or Spedwagon

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I wish, but I highly doubt it. We got lucky with Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy and Dark Samus with Ultimate and they put mostly promotional 3rd party and Nintendo picks after the base game in the DLC lineup. I'm sure the same will follow in Smash 6 where it's mostly relevant Nintendo newcomers and big 3rd party characters for the newcomer lineup. We'll get lucky if we even get two of those characters in the next game as most highly requested wanted Nintendo newcomers seem to get shafted aside in favor of characters more in line with Nintendo's latest products. Nintendo cares more about promoting their games than delivering fan service to the fans. Ultimate is a great example of this because while Ultimate is a fan service game with all the veterans, almost all the past stages, a decent number of highly requested newcomers, most of it's newcomer lineup is characters Nintendo or other companies were trying to promote. This might be the last game where all the veterans are all together and Nintendo and Sakurai ain't trying to add bigger fish that a huge chunk of the fanbase wants in this grand finale type Smash. I'm not saying Ultimate is the last Smash because it's too big of a cash cow for Nintendo to let go, but because Ultimate really does feel like the grand finale of the series as I don't think any future Smash game will topple it.
you realise base game characters and DLC characters are decided differently, right?

Smash 4 DLC was also just big 3rd parties and First Party promo picks, not counting the returning veterans

the base game will probably only have 1 or 2 new 3rd parties

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
JoJoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dam dam dadadadadadadadaadaadfadadadlll dadam
But why????? is it because Geno is Blue? Or becuase he
"dies"
And wouldnt Geno be someone like zeppeli (i only know the first 2) or Spedwagon
If you're asking why the title of the thread's a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure reference, I just felt like making one, and it seemed to fit how odd his time in the Smash speculation scene has been. (and yes, I'm aware that Stardust Crusaders is part 3 - it's been pointed out a few times, but Stardust Crusaders fit the character much better than Battle Tendency)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It's great to have you back man! Welcome back QQS! ;)

you realise base game characters and DLC characters are decided differently, right?

Smash 4 DLC was also just big 3rd parties and First Party promo picks, not counting the returning veterans

the base game will probably only have 1 or 2 new 3rd parties
I know. But what I was saying is that the majority of the Nintendo and 3rd party newcomer lineups were promotional characters more so than really highly requested characters the Smash fanbase has been wanting for years.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
No, some base game newcomers were promotional too like Incineroar and Isabelle. They even first announced New Horizons in Isabelle's trailer.
well yeah, but it isn't just that

and Isabelle isn't promotional, her inclusion is more than warranted even if she wasn't highly requested

I know they announced the new game, but they didn't put Isabelle in the game to sell it, it was just a tie in.

the only base game characters i'd consider promotional are :ultroy::ultike::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:

and there are plenty of base game fighters that people have wanted for years such as :ultmegaman::ultkrool::ultridley:, heck, back in Melee they added Bowser who won the Smash 2 poll, granted I doubt that is the only reason

honestly though, I don't think most base game fighters were added for promotion or fan service

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
honestly though, I don't think most base game fighters were added for promotion or fan service
I didn't say that as I only said some base game fighters like Isabelle and Incineroar. Inkling, Ridley, Daisy, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool and Ken were all clearly fan service characters people wanted for years.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I didn't say that as I only said some base game fighters like Isabelle and Incineroar. Inkling, Ridley, Daisy, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool and Ken were all clearly fan service characters people wanted for years.
but you were saying before that you think Smash 6 newcomers will be similar to Smash Ultimate DLC characters

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey guys! What's up glad to see this thread back! Have you guys heard the developer Forever Entertainment going to remake several Square-Enix games do you guys think one of them could be Super Mario RPG?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
What do you geno fans think about Bandana Waddle dee and impa!

I think they should be in before geno probably toad aswell but him getting into Smash 7 should have no problems!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey guys! What's up glad to see this thread back! Have you guys heard the developer Forever Entertainment going to remake several Square-Enix games do you guys think one of them could be Super Mario RPG?
Hey there!

Do you know what games Forever Entertainment has worked on in the past?

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
What do you geno fans think about Bandana Waddle dee and impa!

I think they should be in before geno probably toad aswell but him getting into Smash 7 should have no problems!
I really like Bandana Waddle Dee as well. Impa I'm not the biggest on, but don't have any objections towards.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm not to familiar of what they made before but they did remake Panzer Dragoon recently but beside that I'm not sure.
I remember this being a thing so that is pretty cool. It would be kind of nice if SMRPG was planned on getting something.

On another note, I found it really interesting that Sakurai basically deconfirmed Mii Costumes to be a total death sentence by saying he considered Rex as a playable fighter well after he was a bonus Mii Costume.

While I do not completely see this as a complete confirmation of Mii Costumes being back on the table, I at least like the fact that characters like Geno can still be back on the table in terms of speculation. It's still a very unlikely scenario but that's kind of a relief that I know it isn't completely over yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I feel an FP3 is very unlikely, especially with Sakurai mentioning how there’s only two more opportunities for cool trailers and stuff, but hey, at least today allowed Geno to be back on the table if we did get an FP3. I still hope he joins the roster in the next game, at least; I personally feel FP2 costumes disconfirm for the rest of FP2, so y’know...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
At this point, individual DLC is all that is left. Whether or not Geno is still considered for that is another question we will unfortunately never have answers for.

However, I think it is safe to say Mii Costumes can still be considered for characters if Sakurai was still considering Rex even well after his Mii Costume made a debut. I think this is the conversation a lot of people aren't having at the moment because it's another destroyed fan rule. With two character slots remaining, it seems unlikely for Geno being one of them, but it is at least significant to consider him, Sans, Goemon etc on the table again.

This bit in itself at least makes me happy that there is still a small chance.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
At this point, individual DLC is all that is left. Whether or not Geno is still considered for that is another question we will unfortunately never have answers for.

However, I think it is safe to say Mii Costumes can still be considered for characters if Sakurai was still considering Rex even well after his Mii Costume made a debut. I think this is the conversation a lot of people aren't having at the moment because it's another destroyed fan rule. With two character slots remaining, it seems unlikely for Geno being one of them, but it is at least significant to consider him, Sans, Goemon etc on the table again.

it's not a "destroyed fan rule" because the Rex costume was a pass bonus that was decided long before Sakurai was aware he would be able to put in a XC2 character later

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
it's not a "destroyed fan rule" because the Rex costume was a pass bonus that was decided long before Sakurai was aware he would be able to put in a XC2 character later
By all means, Rex was considered deconfirmed for the longest time due to his Bonus Mii Fighter Costume. Sakurai was made aware be could make a XC2 character well after and yet even with the Mii Costume existing, he states that he was considering Rex as a playable character. With that logic, treating Mii Fighters = deconfirmarion as an absolute should now be invalid.

This doesn't change the fact I don't see Geno being a FP2 character, but I also do not need to act like he has zero chance of happening which is at least a plus.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

That stuff is actually what I meant by today allowing Geno to be back on the table, although the timing of plans and stuff is why my personal opinion is that costumes that were added during FP2 are likely to still disconfirm (unless there's extra DLC) since it'd feel odd for them to not be saved for the fighter they're based on if that fighter was planned when the mii costume was planned imo.

Of course I don't want to rule it out completely, but y'know.

I also never considered pre-FP2 costumes and ATs to disconfirm, anyway. It always felt like a dumb reason to not consider a fighter since they'd have another chance to add them, as that content based on them was before more stuff was planned to be added, and some official stuff even seemed to contradict the idea like the Bomberman mii costume appearing identical to the AT and Sakurai/Nintendo not being afraid to give reasons against other characters but never saying anything against ATs/miis.

At least now people won't act like it's fact (despite nothing official supporting it so it was weird how it was treated as fact anyway) and dismiss others who disagree, or treat 'em as being too silly or delusional or something, hopefully causing people to realize there are other factors as to why fighters are chosen or denied, like Rex being playable together with Pyra/Mythra being deemed too complicated to program without issues at least in the time they had. These characters may not happen, but unless they get new representation that isn't a fighter within the same time as the new plans, then they could still happen, and if not, it's not because they already had content.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
By all means, Rex was considered deconfirmed for the longest time due to his Bonus Mii Fighter Costume. Sakurai was made aware be could make a XC2 character well after and yet even with the Mii Costume existing, he states that he was considering Rex as a playable character. With that logic, treating Mii Fighters = deconfirmarion as an absolute should now be invalid.

This doesn't change the fact I don't see Geno being a FP2 character, but I also do not need to act like he has zero chance of happening which is at least a plus.
I never considered Rex deconfirmed anyway

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Pretty cool presentation today, gotta love the inside look at Sakurai’s rad figure collection. The man continues to surprise me with his sheer love for video games, sometimes I forgot just how much passion a lot of developers have for the medium.

Of course, I also wanted to mention this scene for another reason besides just admiration. Sakurai mentioning his massive collection of figures used for reference seriously got me thinking of an awesome Geno reveal trailer idea. The best part is, it could be the first Smash trailer to use real life elements alongside CG.

Okay, so imagine this. Sakurai puts on some white gloves and begins taking a variety of character figurines out of a box to display on his desk. As more and more pieces of merchandise begin decorating his desk, we see a shimmering spotlight begin to illuminate the box. Confused, Sakurai checks the container only to be surprised by a clad blue figure shooting out of the box onto the desk. The mysterious character appears on the desk next to the now animated fighters, and we then find out the character is none other than Geno! Cue splash screen, gameplay trailer, yadda yadda.

Obviously I took some inspiration from the Smash 64 intro, with Sakurai acting as Master Hand and placing all the different character toys onto his desk and whatnot. I think a trailer like this would fit Geno really well, not only because he’s a star spirit inhabiting a doll, but also because Geno is mostly known for his popularity in Smash speculation. For Geno to have a very Smash Bros. oriented trailer would feel like things finally coming full circle.

Anyways there’s my consciousness dump for you. Let me know what you guys think! I know some of you guys have already proposed a Smash 64 intro styled trailer in the past, so this is definitely not an “original idea donut steal”, but I figured I’d try and intermingle the stuff we learned today with Sakurai’s gamer shrine.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pretty cool presentation today, gotta love the inside look at Sakurai’s rad figure collection. The man continues to surprise me with his sheer love for video games, sometimes I forgot just how much passion a lot of developers have for the medium.

Of course, I also wanted to mention this scene for another reason besides just admiration. Sakurai mentioning his massive collection of figures used for reference seriously got me thinking of an awesome Geno reveal trailer idea. The best part is, it could be the first Smash trailer to use real life elements alongside CG.

Okay, so imagine this. Sakurai puts on some white gloves and begins taking a variety of character figurines out of a box to display on his desk. As more and more pieces of merchandise begin decorating his desk, we see a shimmering spotlight begin to illuminate the box. Confused, Sakurai checks the container only to be surprised by a clad blue figure shooting out of the box onto the desk. The mysterious character appears on the desk next to the now animated fighters, and we then find out the character is none other than Geno! Cue splash screen, gameplay trailer, yadda yadda.

Obviously I took some inspiration from the Smash 64 intro, with Sakurai acting as Master Hand and placing all the different character toys onto his desk and whatnot. I think a trailer like this would fit Geno really well, not only because he’s a star spirit inhabiting a doll, but also because Geno is mostly known for his popularity in Smash speculation. For Geno to have a very Smash Bros. oriented trailer would feel like things finally coming full circle.

Anyways there’s my consciousness dump for you. Let me know what you guys think! I know some of you guys have already proposed a Smash 64 intro styled trailer in the past, so this is definitely not an “original idea donut steal”, but I figured I’d try and intermingle the stuff we learned today with Sakurai’s gamer shrine.
honestly that would be really cool! and almost seems like the type of thing they would do.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I wasn't aware we opened a new Geno thread. I'm not complaining , the forum format is something I missed ;
As useful as discord is , bigger posts in servers is something that often get flooded with seconds , so I'm glad to have a place to post more elaborate thoughts.

I'm a bit tired tho , so I'll just drop this fan-art I found. I'll come back tomorrow to share my thoughts on Geno's future and Pyra/Mythra's presentation.

Top Bottom