• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still on team fake but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

I don't think any of the "strong evidence" it has backing it are actually that strong.

SorMago

Smash Rookie
Regardless of the Grinch leak being real or not. I hope Geno gets in. He is a second pick for me (Isaac being my first choice). Loved SMRPG when it came out....and now I kinda feel like playing it again.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, the amount of content someone would have had to create to fake this is sort of insane.

Wambo

Smash Ace
It’s so surreal seeing smash be so big now that even fast food companies get in on this type of thing.

That or they really really understand their customer base....

:/ shame Wendy’s food makes me sick cuz it’s so greasy. Tastes fine, but literally anytime I eat there I get sick to my stomach. Only fast food places that do that to me are Wendy’s and burger king.
I know what you mean about Wendy's, but both them and Burger King are still miles ahead of McDonalds.

Seriously, McDonalds has amazing fries, but that's it.

TBone06

Smash Ace

I don't think any of the "strong evidence" it has backing it are actually that strong.
Yeah I agree, to me the fact that it’s so blurry is an immediate red flag. Also they would need at least two directs to reveal the characters unless they plan on doing a Brawl style reveal, which wouldn’t do justice for those characters.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
i still can't believe that what could potentially be the biggest leak in smash ultimate (if it's real, which i doubt) is called "the grinch leak." real or fake, i won't be able to get over that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For example, I think the Banjo pic is just a composite image of different renders of Kazooie and Banjo

Banjo.jpg

This isn't perfect but it's a quick example I made last night.

link2702

Smash Champion

I don’t buy it either, granted I’d love for it to be real.

I still feel nintendo would be doing some sort f major damage control if it was by now, also I just can’t see someone so willfully destroying their careers by leaking it.

Course i WANT it to be real, as it literally has two of the 3 characters I desperately want, and a third one i want true for Isaac fans.

SorMago

Smash Rookie
Yeah I agree, to me the fact that it’s so blurry is an immediate red flag. Also they would need at least two directs to reveal the characters unless they plan on doing a Brawl style reveal, which wouldn’t do justice for those characters.
To be fair there are rumors of 2 Directs in November. One being a Smash and one being a general Nintendo. They could easily have split the echo's and maybe Geno to the General Direct while also announcing a remastered SMRPG and the others in the Smash direct.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know what you mean about Wendy's, but both them and Burger King are still miles ahead of McDonalds.

I only eat at Burger King if I need to eat at any Fast food

Unless they decided to reveal some at the direct, and then more during this Nintendo Game event thats during Novemeber too. Easily could happen.

For example, I think the Banjo pic is just a composite image of different renders of Kazooie and Banjo

View attachment 171625

That is a pretty Iconic pose for the Bear and Bird Duo, and could be used to easily show the 2 off in a famous pose

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 171625

That is pretty similar, though Banjo's pose is a little different, along with Kazooie's.

Apparently the mural is on an armband; if it's fake, the guy took the time to print it on an armband, and put it in its wrapping along with the glue and such. This is crazy.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I suppose you're not the worst board to believe this, your character is probably going to get in anyway. But the Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo and Isaac boards are going to be pretty disappointed come the next direct.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion

I’ve never gotten sick by McDonald’s which is the weird thing. I don’t like their foods taste, yet not once have I gotten sick there.

Also call me crazy but I like bk’s fries more, I actually cannot stand McDonald’s fries.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
hot take: mach rider is what kills the leak for me. why the h3ll would he be here? this game's roster was based on the ballot. who the h3ll voted for mach rider? plus, i'm a box theorist, so this many newcomers is just absurd to me.
also, it's blurry as h3ll. never trust a leak that's so blurry that you can barely even see what's going on. that's a dead giveaway every single time.
Mach Rider was considered for Melee, even got a track in game, but didn't make it in the end. The character definitely fits Sakurai's MO though because it's from a retro game that was actually based on a toy that Nintendo put out in the 70's before they predominantly switched to video games. Also, the picture is blurry because it was pieced together from a Snapchat video.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
I’ve never gotten sick by McDonald’s which is the weird thing. I don’t like their foods taste, yet not once have I gotten sick there.

Also call me crazy but I like bk’s fries more, I actually cannot stand McDonald’s fries.
i dont go to mcdonalds for the burgers. it's all about the fries yall!!!! and ive never been to wendys and i dont plan on ever going. i don't know why this is the turn this thread has taken but i am not upset about it

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be fair there are rumors of 2 Directs in November. One being a Smash and one being a general Nintendo. They could easily have split the echo's and maybe Geno to the General Direct while also announcing a remastered SMRPG and the others in the Smash direct.
I think a final trailer drop at the start of December could be another possibility if this is true.

On another note, I keep thinking something about Mach Rider. How likely is it that Mach Rider could have an Alph-like alt for Excitebiker? Since they're kinda similar I wonder how that would work. Two retros for the price of one then!

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Can we please keep talking about how Geno, an obscure Nintendo character from a single game way back in the 1990s, was just mentioned by an extremely popular fast food Twitter? It sure says a lot about his popularity. Like, it's one thing for them to mention Mario or Link, but Geno?... Wow.

I feel like I'm existing in some sort of weird alternate dimension right now. I still can't get over the fact that K.Rool is in and now Geno might be confirmed.

Last edited:

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
Can we please keep talking about how Geno, an obscure Nintendo character from a single game way back in the 1990s, was just mentioned by an extremely popular fast food Twitter? It sure says a lot about his popularity. Like, it's one thing for them to mention Mario or Link, but Geno?... Wow.

I feel like I'm existing in some sort of weird alternate dimension right now. I still can't get over the fact that K.Rool is in and now Geno might be confirmed.
plot twist: wendys pr guy did the grinch leak

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I can't quite believe we might be in a world where I can play a match between Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, King K. Rool and Geno.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I think a final trailer drop at the start of December could be another possibility if this is true.
And that trailer will likely be for one of the biggest newcomers, which in my eyes will be either Geno or Banjo-Kazooie.

Nintendo Direct: 1 or 2 newcomers revealed
Smash Direct: 2 or 3 newcomers, remaining Echos, and "Spirits" mode revealed
Week of release: Final newcomer revealed
  1. Issac (Sakurai said they had to change the last Direct because of the earthquake, so...)
  2. Chorus Kids (post-Direct surprise)
  3. Geno (Smash Direct opener)
  4. Ken
  5. Shadow
  6. Mach Rider (post-Smash Direct surprise)
  7. Banjo-Kazooie (release week)

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
I can't quite believe we might be in a world where I can play a match between Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, King K. Rool and Geno.
And after that match, you can do an 8-Player Smash with those 4 versus Ridley, Cloud, Simon Belmont, and the Mach Rider. If this leak is true, then this really is the best timeline.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Yoo can somebody catch me up I came home to 100 new pages in the general discussion thread lol. What happened?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I don’t buy it either, granted I’d love for it to be real.

I still feel nintendo would be doing some sort f major damage control if it was by now, also I just can’t see someone so willfully destroying their careers by leaking it.

Course i WANT it to be real, as it literally has two of the 3 characters I desperately want, and a third one i want true for Isaac fans.
Like the damage control they did for the ESRB leak?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Yoo can somebody catch me up I came home to 100 new pages in the general discussion thread lol. What happened?
huge leak that has a lot of credibility
Geno
Isaac
Banjo & Kazooie
Chorus Men
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider
are all possibly gonna be in the game

Last edited:

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings

Popularity in Smash still counts as actual popularity

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
huge leak that has a lot of credibility
Geno
Isaac
Banjo & Kazooie
Chorus Men
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider
are all possibly gonna be in the game
Thanks! Wow that's amazing, that would have to be the best final roster there could be...

But also that makes it hard for be to believe it because if it's not I'll be sad now.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
They basically did nothing but behind the signs they sued the **** out of that guy right? how can we even find if they sue this guy?
Yeah that was my point. I don't know what kind of damage control that guy is expecting Nintendo to do? They can't and won't do anything publicly about this if it's real

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not buying this leak. But hey when we do get our next character at least it will confirm or deconfirm this leak!

I know people are using the fact that this guy works for namco as proof, but why would namco's side be doing the promotion? Expecially with how tight lipped they wanna be. Shouldn't nintendo's people be making this stuff?
He doesn't work for Namco, he works for a promotional art company that's connected to Namco.

link2702

Smash Champion
a lawsuit could be viewed as a sort of damage control. People found out after the esrb fiasco that Nintendo sued the guy and he was fired.

So far though we haven’t heard too much yet far as I know. We learned real quick about the fate of the guy in the esrb leak.

All I’m saying is let’s not get into another “sassy geno” situation where we’re all so confident of the leak, only to be embarrassed by it being an elaborate fake again.

Someone on the main board even did their own photoshops to show it wouldn’t be too difficult to move the characters around and add new ones in for someone who knows what they’re doing.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
a lawsuit could be viewed as a sort of damage control. People found out after the esrb fiasco that Nintendo sued the guy and he was fired.

So far though we haven’t heard too much yet far as I know. We learned real quick about the fate of the guy in the esrb leak.
it hasnt even been a day yet since, we'll just have to wait and see

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
i dont go to mcdonalds for the burgers. it's all about the fries yall!!!! and ive never been to wendys and i dont plan on ever going. i don't know why this is the turn this thread has taken but i am not upset about it
ah best friends will always be from Five Guys for me, but I like cajun seasoning. Then again, that's not exactly fast food, so I think Wendy's has the best fries when they have enough salt among fast food places.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

All I’m saying is let’s not get into another “sassy geno” situation where we’re all so confident of the leak, only to be embarrassed by it being an elaborate fake again.

Someone on the main board even did their own photoshops to show it wouldn’t be too difficult to move the characters around and add new ones in for someone who knows what they’re doing.
In what world do you think you're going to hear about a him getting sued within 12 hours of the pictures being spread? Do you know how slow the legal process is?

Wambo

Smash Ace
This whole day has been really bizarre. Fantastic, but bizarre.

I'm definitely on Team Real. I think this is one of those rare instances where a disgruntled worker wanted to get revenge, or someone with mental issues was in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time.

Like seriously, what kind of dumb**** leaks something from Nintendo, fails to cover up their name, assumes nothing would get traced back to them even if their name was fully covered, and has the balls to insult Nintendo while doing it?

This French boi is gonna get ****ed by Nintendo ninjas so damn hard.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Either way the guy is getting fired. Might as well get fired for a real reason

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I honestly don’t think that Geno will get a full CGI trailer, as much as I’d absolutely love that.

I personally believe that they’re going to go a bit of a different route with the announcements of Geno, Mach Rider, and the Chorus Kids, regarding a specific distinction that they all share.

If they really want to keep Sakurai’s word of “don’t expect too many newcomers”, they could be given the separate distinction of “planned” or “lost” fighters, one each between Melee, Brawl, and Wii U. Fighters that don’t technically count as newcomers to them as they were supposed to be in the game years ago, but various limitations prevented them from happening in their respective games. But now, with Ultimate, they’re given a second chance so that everyone can truly be included.

So technically, if they want to be “cute” about it, we have two newcomers left, two new echoes, and three surprise “lost” fighters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom