• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I just realized they took time to gush over every costume except our ****ty faceless Mii Costume, which we got a full Squeenix pass late for no reason except elongating the torture for another year.

Everything that could possibly have gone wrong did. But don't worry. We'll have a Smash 6 to once again get the ****ty Mii Costume. Maybe this time delayed to the very end of the DLC cycle. Actually no wait. Maybe 5 years after Smash 6 DLC ends. Maybe without even a body around the Mii this time.

And don't forget, there's plenty of people to point fingers and laugh harder than ever. All of who were validated after two years of saying awful things to me while I walk away worse than I was when I started. They get to say the worst things to me and get ****ing rewarded for it and I'm powerless to do **** about it or about this game. But why is it bad? If they got validation, clearly they were right? Clearly I deserved all this!

But I can't say a goddamn thing about it because then I'm "Toxic" and "entitled" and a "genope." And that's ignoring the fact that it won't even be a special game with every single character back and fanservice for specific groups of fans. Does it even matter if Geno gets in Smash 6? You know it's not going to be the same, it was only going to happen once and it didn't. IT DIDN'T.

And that's the most I can say about this without getting the thread locked. I'm going to do I acutally don't even ****ing know what. Today crushed me on a level I didn't even think was possible after Sepiroth's reveal. What the **** did I do? For real?

God ****ing damn it.

Last edited:

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if other “fan favorite” inclusions fell flat, and if that deterred Sakurai from putting in another fan favorite like Geno. K rool and Banjo had a big wave of excitement, but I wonder if that faded. K rool is now seen as annoying to play against for many people, and I don’t see many people playing Banjo...what do you guys think? Is there any merit here?

(To be clear, I love both K rool and Banjo’s inclusion)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The biggest question though,

What the hell was with the two mario rpg track takedowns when Megalovania and other tracks that got into the game were taken down?

That's most baffling of all.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I just took out my frustrations on Sephiroth in the challenge and added him to my roster. He’s surprisingly not as fun to play as as I was expecting...

also,

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice you are truly one of a kind. I give you all the credit in the world. I probably won’t be here as often, but I will still try my best to support Geno

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm taking my leave from the thread now, I'm sure this thread will live on like the Isaac one has for the past two years, but I don't think I'll be posting here nearly as often outside of the occasional visit or two. My hopes for Geno aren't gone mind you, but unless Smash 6 is announced I likely won't be sticking around much longer.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Wait so does the costume come with Beware of the Forest Mushrooms? I heard it playing in the background.

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
The biggest question though,

What the hell was with the two mario rpg track takedowns when Megalovania and other tracks that got into the game were taken down?

That's most baffling of all.
Idk my guess is for the 3 seconds of music in the trailer ???? lol

Or he was planned but scrapped, idek

link2702

Smash Champion
so....I think it's time I called it quits here. Already left the discord. time to unfollow this topic.

Y'all try and keep the dream alive, but I'm done. For over 10 years i've been supporting him, sometimes visually here, other times just in the backround and not engaging much, but supportive nonetheless. But 10 years is quite a long time, 10 years of getting overly optimistic, only to be let down again. TBH I'm sick of the cycle. SO yeah...time to move on.

Sadly there's not anyone else I really wanted other than maybe Shantae. Because of what the pass looks like so far, it'd make zero sense for me to buy it. If Shantae get's in I might buy her as an individual character, but the way things are currently looking, this pass isn't for me.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Just wanna say, as someone who is outside of the Fanbase (I just have a best friend who is really involved in this community, and who I'm very sad for ATM) ..
You guys really did something amazing you know ?

Like, Geno was always designed to be that one off character in that one collaboration between Square and Nintendo, that would never be used ever again, yet you guys took that ... And out of pure passion, you rose him up to such a status, that he got his own spot (As a Mii Costume) in Smash freaking Ultimate
I may not be one of you guys as I don't hold that same passion for Geno, but I have nothing short respects for you all, you really did something special, and basically ... Just decided to say "No" to Geno's planned fate of being forgotten without ever getting newer contents from anything, by showering him in so much love, and including him in so many Fan Projects, that today, he got an official spot in another game 20+ years after his planned sole apperance, I dunno if people realize how huge that is .. But I certainly do

And I'll say something, a lot of people sh** on you guys for liking an obscure character like that, but I'll say ... That they would probably kill for their own MW to have half the amazing mods and fan projects you guys have for Geno, I know I certainly would for mine (Midna) at least hehe

So yeah, just wanted to leave that out in a time that I know is very tough to all of you, thank you also for being a welcoming community to that very dear friend of mine, today you may have gotten the Silver Medal instead of the Gold like you intended too, but knowing that this SIlver Medal would have never even been a thought without you guys ... I have no doubt in my mind that it's only a matter of time before that Gold is reached hehe
Continue to being passionate and awesome people !

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
The Mii sucks, especially since it's not even a full costume Mii, which is baffling. I found that really tone-deaf. Either Square is being particularly stingy with Geno's rights for some unknowable reason, or Sakurai just didn't care enough to bring him back beyond his Smash 4 costume. Hopefully if there is an interview with him regarding this pack that can be cleared up.

The one thing I'd say Geno has going for him is the resurgent fanbase he's accrued over these past few years, which may play a role in the next Smash, if there is one... but even so, you'd think Sakurai would acknowledge it with at least a Deluxe Mii costume?

BreadnJamTomorrow

Smash Cadet
Hopping in here to give my condolences to all you Geno fans. I wasn't crazy about him nor his game, but I was infected by your hype and hoped that you all would get to see him as playable. It's sad to see that this isn't the case.

I'll pour one out for you guys tonight. I hope the next three characters are ones that you will enjoy. :)

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Well This sucks...But I am a man of my word..I will main Mii Gunner and try my best to show the world about Geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People are confused and even angry about my stance but I've already explained it many times before: had to wait until the very end of Brawl and Smash 4 for Geno to be totally deconfirmed and there's still another year left. Ultimate has jumped the shark in a lot of ways already and if a standard Mii costume is the only obstacle, I'll take my chances. Waited this long, what's another year?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Idk, cool FF7 costumes and the most iconic villain in gaming next to Bowser.

Like I get it, I'm super down right now, but facts remain this is a big deal. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's not cool.
Just because you think it's cool doesn't mean it makes up for the character this thread is literally about being deconfirmed in the worst way possible. I just don't see one character getting in over another being a consolation prize for the character that got deconfirmed. What Geno got was a ****ty mii costume and a .png.

ZelDan

Smash Master
So I haven't really posted in here in a while and have just lurked here and there for a while.

With that out of the way I will say that, as an Isaac fan, I do understand what it is like to see a character you have been wanting for a while to get done in yet again, and I do wish that Geno could have atleast gotten a deluxe costume with BtFM alongside him. It's really unfortunate that SMRPG's awkward ownership issue between Nintendo and SE, as well as Nintendo's current and lame direction with Mario spinoffs, has hindered things for SMRPG content or Mario RPG content in general.

Hope y'all pull through.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
People are confused and even angry about my stance but I've already explained it many times before: had to wait until the very end of Brawl and Smash 4 for Geno to be totally deconfirmed and there's still another year left. Ultimate has jumped the shark in a lot of ways already and if a standard Mii costume is the only obstacle, I'll take my chances. Waited this long, what's another year?
We had to wait until the end of those games because Geno got literally nothing in Brawl and only got the costume at the end of Smash 4. This feels like a completely different situation. Why are you making Geno the exception here? If Heihachi's Costume and the Resident Evil spirits are death pins against those franchises, why is it not for Geno?

protoblues

Smash Cadet
And now I just realized they took time to go over every costume except our ****ty faceless Mii Costume, which we got a full Squeenix pass late for no reason.

Everything that could possibly have gone wrong did. But don't worry. We'll have a Smash 6 to once again get the *ty Mii Costume. Maybe this time delayed to the very end of the DLC cycle. Acutally no wait. Maybe 5 years after Smash 6 DLC ends. And don't forget, there's plenty of people to point fingers and laugh harder than ever. All of who were vaildated after two years of saying awful things to me while I walk away worse than I was when I started. They get to say the worst things to me and get ****ing rewarded for it and I'm powerless to do * about it or about this game. And they know it.

But I can't say a goddamn thing about it because then I'm "Toxic" and "entitled" and a "genope." And that's ignoring the fact that it won't even be a special game with every single character back and fanservice for specific groups of fans.

And that's the most I can say about this without getting the thread locked. I'm going to do I don't even *ing know what. Today crushed me on a level I didn't even think was possible after Sepiroth's reveal. What the * did I do? For real?

God ****ing damn it.
Have a drink and pour one out for Geno too. Made me feel better man, you gotta do a ritual kinda deal

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Okay so my thoughts about all this. I won’t lie, I’m really sad about this and angry because they’ve waited till now to reveal it rather than get it out the way and make our hopes too high.

I am a bit confused and it leaves questions to be answered. Like Nintendo took down the 2 mario RPG tracks that they don’t own. Does that just mean they hate us.

also MCG’s list leak. Is that most likely fake now and is caccomallow fake, gonna assume it is.

I will not be leaving this support group we have. I will fight for our boy Geno and I hope everyone else will that’s here. Even those who came to see our reaction.

also now might be a good time to get a petition going. Obviously it sounds dramatic but with everyone talking about Geno and a lot unhappy with Nintendo’s decision, starting a petition now might get a butt load of signings and become popular which square and Nintendo might see.

also last thing I wanna comment about. Is there anyone who knows any insiders that could look into the whole Geno situation and see what’s causing Nintendo and square from wanting to use him.

I remember when someone did that for golden sun when Issac became an assist trophy and I just feel having an answer will give satisfaction off finally having an idea of what’s going on behind the scenes.

The DoE

Smash Rookie
Let's not forget that when Sakurai had the chance to add another Mario character into the roster, he decided to include a Pirahna Plant.

Not saying that PP isn't fun to play at all or that it should've never joined the roster, but man... It kinda shows Sakurai's priorities.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Well, I'm about to body Seph so I can at least say I got something today, since they won't even let me have the costume yet. (Why does the hat still not fit on the Mii's head properly?)

QQS

Smash Lord
For me Geno still has chances to be playable until Sakurai ends the roster officially. Not even as a deluxe costume. Geno can perfectly be #81 or Bonus. Or maybe 79 for his 25 birthday.

We just have to wait and see.

There is no way. This has to be a joke and then the real Geno will descend!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Well...I'm grateful they moved the Mii segment to the beginning and got it over quick. I kind of knew it was coming but it still hurt. But I'm strangely ok. Eventually I'll buy the costume and "vote with my wallet". I understand why they held the costume now. I never thought a premium costume was going to happen really due to SE's greed so it doesn't surprise me that it's the same costume. I do believe Geno's chances for Ultimate are finished unfortunately.

I don't want to anger anyone but Sephiroth's moveset and stage are...pretty basic. He definitely has some cool things with some of his moves but overall it feels like everything he does has been done before unlike Min Min and Steve so now I really don't know what to expect from the rest of the pass. Still, Sephiroth having his own prerelease boss fight basically is pretty awesome. It's amazing to have more FF content and music. There are many things to appreciate about Sephiroth like his victory screen, but overall his lack of unique moveset makes me extra disappointed that he was the character to end Geno's Ultimate journey. At least Sora or 2B would have been really unique.

At any rate, my inbox is open if anyone needs to talk. It's been wild guys. I want you all to know I'm not going anywhere. Our task is not finished until Geno (the real one not a costume) comes back in a game. I'll still be around talking about this amazing game with all of you who chose to stick around. I think I'm also going to go visit some other threads and help them root for their characters and encourage them even if I'm not interested in the character myself like Llyod. And I still have some characters like Rayman, Isaac, and Crash that I very much want to support.

I think Nintendo is the issue when it comes to Geno not getting in as playable. It's clear Nintendo really are the ones choosing the DLC and with how they treat Marioverse it's no wonder they don't care for Geno. It's truly a shame, but it makes me all the more motivated to be a huge nag until they listen to us.

That being said, Geno/SMRPG are the only other SE franchise to get in other than Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. It might just be a poor quality costume, but it's more than other SE franchises got and that's truly remarkable considering there's Bravely Default (which has a new game coming out), TWEWY (which has a new game coming out), Kingdom Hearts, Crono series, and so many more. Super Mario RPG an irrelevant 20+ year old game got the ok from Nintendo and SE despite not having any upcoming release to be the only SE content that doesn't have a playable character. And it has spirits in base game too. I know it's not what we wanted but we should take a moment to understand the gravity of that. Fans of other SE characters may be laughing at us but they're the ones with no content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom