• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I just adore the sheer utter hypocrisy of smash "fans" celebrating the sadness of Geno fans right now whilst also gloating and not shutting up about a character with literally no chances of getting in due to Disney "still having a shot" and a character whos literally an assist trophy and is only supported because hahaha funny memes. **** this community honestly

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
So the question is is there a face that doesn't look absolutely stupid like the one they showed? What a shocker to end here after Banjo, Rool and Ridley. The poor face just came across as a total rushed middle finger to us.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The fact that people on Twitter are happy that Geno fans are suffering and sad rn is everything wrong with the Smash community. Disgusting.
It truly is a disgusting practice... I've really had my share of most toxic memories with the community back in Smash 4-era, regarding that kind of excessive, ignorant pouring salt on the wound.

(:ultchrom:/:ultdaisy:)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I figured I'd share this. Like I said, I have no regrets. Thanks again for being a great community!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyone else have literally no other characters they want besides Geno now? I guess I'll sit on my hands while the rest of FP2 trickles out haha
Mainly besides Geno I want:

Goemon (Already an Mii costume)
Krystal (Already an Assist Trophy)
Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Pig Ganon
Zero (Already an Assist Trophy)
Tron Bonne
Shantae
Skull Kid (Already an Assist Trophy)
Elma

Dixie, Shantae, and Elma are the only characters I see that have a chance. The others on my list are very unlikely.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
The fact that people on Twitter are happy that Geno fans are suffering and sad rn is everything wrong with the Smash community. Disgusting.
It is no surprise that the smash community likes to clown on people that support characters who don't make it in. Geno especially. Best just to ignore twitter

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
It is no surprise that the smash community likes to clown on people that support characters who don't make it in. Geno especially. Best just to ignore twitter
I also find it SO IRONIC that the same people who are complaining about half of the roster being sword fighters, they STILL want someone as ridiculous and far fetched as Sora in this game.

NerfOrNothiing

Smash Cadet
Well that's an abrupt end isn't it. not even a deluxe...just sad
Gonna have to stay off twitter for a while, pretty messed up how happy they are about it 😔

I'm still glad to have supported the dream, he'll get his chance one day.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Wow, looks like Sakurai snuck in a Boss Rush mode after all. The twist? It takes a boss to beat a boss.
A shame for people who may not want to buy Sephiroth to do so, and I'm not saying this out of spite, but courtesy. A boss rush was something people asked for, and they get this instead. A monkey's paw if I ever saw one.

Kurb

Smash Rookie
Well boys im done, we out this *****. If he didn't get into ultimate I fear for any chance he has moving forward. Its been real spending these 2 years with all of you Adios.

Dan

Smash Lord
I feel like that was more sakurai giving the fans what they wanted than Nintendo. Even if they do care about the fans its surely not geno and his fans .
He will have his day. He was never in the same ball park as Ridley and Rool; it took them a long time to have their day after being at the top of the chain.

But this was so ****ed up beyond belief; I can't get over how stupid the face they used for him looked. If I had the power I would cancel all remaining DLC and never have a Smash game made again. This, Plant and Byleth are tied for the 3 worst moments in Smash history; Corrin isn't far behind.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Another thing to take into consideration and I have the Sonic fandom to thank for this: If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. SEGA is hellbent on not continuing Sonic Mania's success and it says a lot when a few fans can outdo a so-called professional company. Then again, it also speaks miles about where this industry is heading. If you guys want Geno to return to Mario, you need not rely on Nintendo and especially the Square half. You can easily make your own stuff to scratch that Geno itch, fangames, rom hacks, mods like PMEX with Geno and other characters that were deemed unimportant for the marketers and stockholders.

The fans can make better content than official studios, and this is why I'm not particularly mad with Ultimate, or the industry anymore. All the fan-created content does is show them that they have to step their **** up or get outclassed. What's it gonna be, corporations?
There's a reason I'll be forever grateful for Project M to allow me realize the dream to play Wario as I remembered him, over what Smash officially goes on to depict... a self-serving, yet highly competent and ludicrously powerful anti-hero, as opposed to Sakurai's over-generalizing "gross and zany 'Bad Mario'"-clone.

Along those was Lyndis and Knuckles on the way. Unfortunately however... there's a reason why Nintendo's been the eternal thorn on fans's side to even go fully carry out those dreams on their own. :urg:

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, THERE'S OUR EXPLANATION. THEY'RE ADDING HIM TODAY, BUT YOU ONLY GET HIM BY BEATING THE SUPERBOSS MODE, AND THE COSTUMES/STAGE ARE ALL OUT NEXT WEEK. ****. It ALL lines up.

• 106: Version 10.0 Avaliable
  • 107: Sephiroth Challenger Pack Avaliable
  • 108: Buy Fighter Pass 2
  • 109: The Special Sephiroth Challenge
  • 110: Switch Online Promotion
  • 111-115: The Mii Costumes.
DAMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom