• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
It’s gonna be alright guys. At the end of the day it’s just a game. Heck practically everyone I wanted got btfo’d at this point. The biggest requests made it in this time. It’s gonna be hard for nintendo to ignore Geno next game.

I hate to be so gloomy but... we said the same during brawl... we said the same during 4... and we said the same during Ultimate... they will NEVER listen to people who want Geno PERIOD.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Again, I stand by the notion they did the Mii costumes first just to get that one deconfirm out the way. I also have a pickling feeling that the Mario Character Supervisor Comittee had a hand in keeping Geno from the roster. You wouldn't want people seeing an actual character rather than a powerup or baby version. With that said, Cacomallow was likely a fake. I'm definitely on the edge with who the second half of this pass is...and it's likely they're going to piss off more people with the next costumes/character packs.

Oh well, the trolls won this one. Hope they're happy. Shoutout to the guys that brought up PMEX: Remix. I've been playing that for two years now. Even before Ultimate released I was still iffy with the game's decisions. Those feelings have continued to accumulate every day.

The DoE

Smash Rookie
Well, guys ... We all just saw what happened. It seems that our beloved blue puppet will not have the opportunity to shine in Ultimate, and with all due respect to all the effort behind Masahiro Sakurai and his entire team I would like to know ... What's their problem?

To recap, Sephiroth's Presentation had five Mii Costumes, among which is Geno's costume. The simple fact that they are five and not four makes Geno's disconfirmation that much more disappointing than it should be, almost like a heartless decision. Why keep waiting so long to receive Geno's suit? It is understandable (although not entirely since Sakurai had more than one opportunity to include it with or without DLC, otherwise, he simply did not care about Geno as much as we thought) that he could not put it, but ... what was the need to feed our hopes for six Challenger Packs only to lose? Everyone knows it, what particularly raised our hopes was that they didn't advertise their costume. Not that they were automatically forced to include Geno simply for not wanting to put the suit in, but to get it out as soon as possible if they don't have plans for him remains practically unspoken. Won't they put it in? Preferably kill their hopes as soon as possible before they continue to grow, if not, then those in charge of assigning the date of the Mii Costumes (assuming it is not Sakurai) are simply being cruel. Sakurai is not stupid, he is perfectly AWARE of the support Geno has in the Smash community. This just feels like a bad joke. The fact that Geno is in the second round of Square's Mii Costumes (plus it's something we have to pay for) is the perfect reason to be disappointed.

But hey, I really don't have the authority to do anything, probably no one among us does. Geno will not appear in Smash. End of story. It is painful knowing that characters who were once next to Geno fighting for his inclusion have entered except for him, even if he enters a future game, it will be a bittersweet entrance for the lost opportunity. Ultimate is a game that will probably not be repeated, therefore, a missed opportunity for Geno.

Nobody is to blame, even thinking that it's all Square / Nintendo's fault was never a sure thing. It's not something Sakurai has ever mentioned, other than "it wasn't possible." Whatever ... I hope everyone continues to enjoy Ultimate just as I will. It will continue being an incredible game with iconic and unique characters, but for me it will never be a "Everyone is here" without the star.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
That was effing savage holy crap. I only tuned in and shut it off right after that. Not because I'm butthurt but just... Wow. Clear we either hyped up Sakurai bias and saw patterns where there were none or there's something stopping it from happening. What the **** did any of the **** we heard the past year even mean

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I hate to be so gloomy but... we said the same during brawl... we said the same during 4... and we said the same during Ultimate... they will NEVER listen to people who want Geno PERIOD.
If we hold that attitude it’ll never happen. Look at Ridley or K.Rool or Banjo. Years of deconfirmations, fake leaks, and people making fun, but they made it. Sakurai does care about the fans, and I’m sure he tried to get Geno or at least a better costume. Hopefully Square realizes the demand and gives the green light one day.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
The fact that people on Twitter are happy that Geno fans are suffering and sad rn is everything wrong with the Smash community. Disgusting.
that's enough reason for me to distance myself from twitter for another god knows how many days. i hate that...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
But damn, that was just savage to start with the mii costumes first. Sorry you guys.
I feel like waiting it out would have been agonizing so I appreciate the swift deconfirmation.

Either way, it was a solid run. It's not the end goal, but it's nothing I am going to feel ashamed in. I'll still support Super Mario RPG no matter what.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Anyone else have literally no other characters they want besides Geno now? I guess I'll sit on my hands while the rest of FP2 trickles out haha

S1itchey

Smash Apprentice
And there it is. The cherry to top of the **** Sunday that is 2020. Thanks nintendo and square you really show just how much you care. Not even a deluxe or music track. Hes never getting in. We begged and supported for so damn long and we got nothing. This mii costume is nothing. It's clear as ****ing day. We lost.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Another thing to take into consideration and I have the Sonic fandom to thank for this: If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. SEGA is hellbent on not continuing Sonic Mania's success and it says a lot when a few fans can outdo a so-called professional company. Then again, it also speaks miles about where this industry is heading. If you guys want Geno to return to Mario, you need not rely on Nintendo and especially the Square half. You can easily make your own stuff to scratch that Geno itch, fangames, rom hacks, mods like PMEX with Geno and other characters that were deemed unimportant for the marketers and stockholders.

The fans can make better content than official studios, and this is why I'm not particularly mad with Ultimate, or the industry anymore. All the fan-created content does is show them that they have to step their **** up or get outclassed. What's it gonna be, corporations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom