• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm rather curious why we're feeding into this person's replies instead of just silently reporting and moving on.
Because this guy logged on for the first time in 5 years just to whine about me and a quick search showed that he whined about the Geno fanbase as far back as 2014. I'm sorry but the bait was delicious! I couldn't help myself.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Geno fanbase in a nutshell.
Idk about everyone but the majority of this thread is pretty cool and calm, and having been here the past two years it feels like people who say stuff like what you said just don't know what they're talking about tbh.

But it's become apparent you don't really care, so I guess I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I'm simply giving you all some advice, but hey, if you want to keep acting like a cult, then by all means, continue, just don't cry when yur reputation continues going downhill.

Like I said before, it's just some advice, and all you've guys are doing are proving me right, you really act like a cult.
And btw, since when do you have a problem with picking on someone? You guys contantly do it with everyone that doubts Geno.
1. Who gives a **** about reputation on smashboards. Such a thing is largely inconsequential. It has never, and will never affect what happens in smash bros, regardless of what you or I or anyone else has to say about it.

2. Source: my ass (also rich coming from a blatant concern troll) just because we defend one of our own instead of blindly turning on someone at the behest of every random user that pops their head in to stir the ****, we're a cult? Whatever you say, buddy.

D

Deleted member

Remember how this goes:

Troublemakers: [make trouble]
Geno thread: [take bait, reply]
Mods: "they do not pay me enough for this" [lock thread] "yes that solves the problem."
Troublemakers:
1608225853759.png

Don't play checkers when your opponent is playing chess. I gave you fellas a dress rehearsal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Report rather than respond - getting mad about trolls (or even replying to them in general) gives them what they want. (I've already given them a trolling warning/infraction for their earlier posts, and I'll give them another one if this keeps up)

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
First, that cult thing is just an uneducated assumption.

Second, no one is proving you right. You are proving yourself to be in the wrong and being the first person.

Thirdly, even if we do pick on others, which we don't in the same way as you, we would not do it the same way as you are doing it. What you're doing is not advice.
It's not uneducated if you fit the definition perfectly, the moment someone questions Fatman (in general, not only me), you guys flip your ****.
"Don't listen to Fatman! He's a false prophet!"

Fatman: "Wait, I'm a prophet? I thought I told everyone that I was just speculating and had zero prophesies whatsoever."

".....SEE?! He's a false prophet! Get thee hence!"
Way to go with the revionism buddy.
Fatman doesn't just claims to speculate though, this is the same guy who insists to have sources, only to back track whenever he is wrong, fortunately, people outside this thread know better than to entertain, you guys should the the same.
It's our decision to stay here and support a character like Geno and follow a respectable figure like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . It's not your decision to give us advice.
One thing is supporting a character, another one is forming a cult around because he tells you what you want to hear.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just report anyone trying to start drama in this thread and let the mods handle it. Remember that the mods are going to be looking at this thread closely today and will be swift to lock it again if things get out of hand.
I think trolls and detractors might attempt to anger us today where the mods will lock this thread before the Sakurai Presents presentation airs later. I think they're afraid of the outcome where Geno's Mii costume doesn't come back and we are celebrating. They don't want us to win or have a victory.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
1. Who gives a **** about reputation on smashboards. Such a thing is largely inconsequential. It has never, and will never affect what happens in smash bros, regardless of what you or I or anyone else has to say about it.

2. Source: my ass (also rich coming from a blatant concern troll) just because we defend one of our own instead of blindly turning on someone at the behest of every random user that pops their head in to stir the ****, we're a cult? Whatever you say, buddy.
And this, specifically, is why I was trying to discourage the continued replies. Now it's gone from 'It's funny', to actual retaliation. Report and Ignore, that's the key.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
First, that cult thing is just an uneducated assumption.

Second, no one is proving you right. You are proving yourself to be in the wrong and being the first person.

Thirdly, even if we do pick on others, which we don't in the same way as you, we would not do it the same way as you are doing it. What you're doing is not advice.
It's not uneducated if you fit the definition perfectly, the moment someone questions Fatman (in general, not only me), you guys flip your ****.
"Don't listen to Fatman! He's a false prophet!"

Fatman: "Wait, I'm a prophet? I thought I told everyone that I was just speculating and had zero prophesies whatsoever."

".....SEE?! He's a false prophet! Get thee hence!"
Way to go with the revionism buddy.
Fatman doesn't just claim speculate, he's the one who insists to have sources, twist them

Dynamic Worlok

Report rather than respond - getting mad about trolls gives them what they want. (I've already given them a trolling warning/infraction for their earlier posts, and I'll have no problem with throwing out another one if this keeps up)
You got it, boss. But mad? Nah, this kind of stuff butters my bread, spices my chicken wing, and clears my skin. It's always fun to engage (I'll do my best to keep myself in check, though)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Report rather than respond - getting mad about trolls gives them what they want. (I've already given them a trolling warning/infraction for their earlier posts, and I'll have no problem with throwing out another one if this keeps up)
Fair enough. Sorry, I'm the kind of guy that could be led up to the gallows and I'd tell the executioner how small his hands are. :troll: 🎃

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Note to anyone who is picking on Geno fans, we are no different from anyone else. We just want a certain character in Smash. Is that so much to ask?

Generalizing people on a thread is what is called uneducated, and there is no need to get on our cases. And not all of us believe Fatman's theories and words. Many people told me this.

Anyway, back on topic. Stay strong by the time of the presentation, guys!

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I think they attack Fatman just to see the thread being locked again...
It's an easy avenue to provoke people and then be like "LOOK! LOOK HOW VIOLENT AND HATEFUL THEY ARE!"

Notice how the guy only responds to the ones angry at him.

Instead of getting upset over REJECTING our cult, lets invite him to it

Hat_time-1.png
Nobody resists forever

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
You got it, boss. But mad? Nah, this kind of stuff butters my bread, spices my chicken wing, and clears my skin. It's always fun to engage (I'll do my best to keep myself in check, though)
I mean its fine to "keep yourself in check", but then again a response is literally all they want, so i feel the logic kind of falls backwards so you end up just giving them what they want

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I think trolls and detractors might attempt to anger us today where the mods will lock this thread before the Sakurai Presents presentation airs later. I think they're afraid of the outcome where Geno's Mii costume doesn't come back and we are celebrating. They don't want us to win or have a victory.
Lol, trolls are not the ones with a losing record buddy, and honestly, you should guys celebrate if the mii costume returns, because frankly, that's much more than Geno deserves.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Starting early today huh
View attachment 295949

Don't take the bait, guys.

Alright, I need to go back to this post

I did my due diligence and researched the topic. Nintendo has a CDN that distributes news to the Switch and possibly other platforms and all of the posts have a generated title that is most likely not random, but definitely not human made. This makes sense. The images are what people look at, and they are indeed numbered in a somewhat sequential method.

The most recent "special offer" is most definitely numbered "2110", but the last special offer was numbered "2092". The Version 9.0.0 image that came with Steve was "2094".

To me, this suggests that missing numbers before 2210 are most likely just something else. Maybe announcements regarding the Mario tournament, spirit events that have yet to be posted, etc. I think the odds are that 10.0.0 will be 2111, or something like that, in which all of Sephiroth's posts will be greater than 2110, which would not tell us a definitive amount of Mii Costumes to expect.

I understand that many of us have very low expectations of Square and exactly how much content they would put into the game, but I think "one costume" is bordering on parody. I could be wrong, and if I am, obviously I hope that one costume is Chocobo hat.
Let me explain, 93 was Version 9.0.0 coming soon, they remove the posts warning of updates after they release. Spirit Events and Online Tournies are under different numbers than the General Posts.

The fact is, the only reason they ever skip around with General Posts, is if they have a batch of update posts already in the system. If Sephiroth DOES start with Post 111, it leaves this massive four post gap which is even stranger than the idea of him coming with only one costume. The same thing with out of order posting happened before Min Min with the Online Promotion, and Steve with the 9th Photo Contest, so for as weird as it looks I can't see it pointing to anything else but one Mii Costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A troll already shows up eh? Just ignore them. They got nothing better to do trying to upset people while eating their boogers.

Last edited by a moderator:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Trolling/bait
Lel it took exactly one negative poster to send the entire thread into chaos.

The tension in here is like a powder keg. 5pm is gonna be delicious

Dynamic Worlok

Notice how the guy only responds to the ones angry at him.
Instead of getting upset over REJECTING our cult, lets invite him to it
View attachment 295955
Nobody resists forever
I mean its fine to "keep yourself in check", but then again a response is literally all they want, so i feel the logic kind of falls backwards so you end up just giving them what they want
I mean, yeah you're right. But such things don't really bother me all that much. Personally I consider it mutually beneficial. As I said, though. I'll stop

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Let me explain, 93 was Version 9.0.0 coming soon, they remove the posts warning of updates after they release. Spirit Events and Online Tournies are under different numbers than the General Posts.

The fact is, the only reason they ever skip around with General Posts, is if they have a batch of update posts already in the system. If Sephiroth DOES start with Post 111, it leaves this massive four post gap which is even stranger than the idea of him coming with only one costume. The same thing happened before Min Min with the Online Promotion, and Steve with the 9th Photo Contest, so for as weird as it looks I can't see it pointing to anything else but one Mii Costume.
What do you think this all means, though?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay guys, with just under 5 hours left to go (especially factoring in that the presentation's 35 minutes long or so), we're in the home stretch. We just have to wait a little longer

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Saw the whole shabang about Square's not taking Geno seriously (again, considering this isn't the first time it was brought up, given 2018's Geno status), and I dumped my opinion on Tweeter for the curious. tl;dr: if Geno doesn't get in, he probably never will, but his chances to return elsewhere have honestly never been better. I still believe it'd be best to bring him and Mallow back through the Mario series itself anyway. also give me another fortune street

Anyway, I won't be watching the presentation, but best of luck to y'all. I personally am positive that Geno's costume is back this time, but I would like to be surprised.

D

Deleted member

The fact is, the only reason they ever skip around with General Posts, is if they have a batch of update posts already in the system. If Sephiroth DOES start with Post 111, it leaves this massive four post gap which is even stranger than the idea of him coming with only one costume. The same thing with out of order posting happened before Min Min with the Online Promotion, and Steve with the 9th Photo Contest, so for as weird as it looks I can't see it pointing to anything else but one Mii Costume.
Spirit events do indeed follow a different numbering, but update agnostic things like this follow the same numbering as added content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom