• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Geno bites it today, I'll still come here (if only to spite /v/ and GameFAQs). ****... The Isaac fanbase got done double dirty two years ago and they're still one of the biggest fanbases here. Instead of falling totally into despair, they also rechanneled their energy to focus on Golden Sun as a whole and, seeing how we created Operation Star Fall in early 2019, the airbags are installed and we got insurance if we manage to get BTFO in a few hours.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
If Geno bites it today, I'll still come here (if only to spite /v/ and GameFAQs). ****... The Isaac fanbase got done double dirty two years ago and they're still one of the biggest fanbases here. Instead of falling totally into despair, they also rechanneled their energy to focus on Golden Sun as a whole and, seeing how we created Operation Star Fall in early 2019, the airbags are installed and we got insurance if we manage to get BTFO in a few hours.
Just shut up already Fatman, you've single handedly done far more damage to the Geno fanbase than any troll/hater could've ever hoped.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Just shut up already Fatman, you've single handedly done far more damage to the Geno fanbase than any troll/hater could've ever hoped.
Ugh!!! Fat man on ice is so annoying!!! He's done so much wrong like accurately theorycraft when things are, has been transparent with us about his speculation, and give a already harassed fanbase hope that they're favorite character will be in the game.
God what awful person trying to keep hopes up during a very strange year, you think you know a guy...

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
In light of all the potential Geno hype (and to add my own positive energy into the pile o' wishes), how about ya'll have somethin' I just wrapped up finishing about ten minutes ago! This will be available as a print at Oni-Con in Galveston, for anyone who may just so happen to be going there. Hope you guys like this one!

Ahh, to finally contribute to the fanart pile.

View attachment 245751
To contribute to more positive thoughts and hopes for today, Have a revisit to the art that I did close to around this time last year.

Flatmanunderfire

Smash Rookie
Don't worry! I feel confident that Geno will survive for another day!
He didn't come with Hero so there is reason to believe he won't come with Sephiroth! What's the difference between then and now?
Even if he ends up receiving a Mii Costume today why should he not become a character later? Who can say that's impossible? We already have characters in the game that are playable and have Mii Costumes of them!
Never give up hope!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He didn't come with Hero so there is reason to believe he won't come with Sephiroth! What's the difference between then and now?
Even if he ends up receiving a Mii Costume today why should he not become a character later? Who can say that's impossible? We already have characters in the game that are playable and have Mii Costumes of them!
Never give up hope!
WOO! YEAH! Ride or die, BAY-BEE! 5 hours to go!

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Ugh!!! Fat man on ice is so annoying!!! He's done so much wrong like accurately theorycraft when things are, has been transparent with us about his speculation, and give a already harassed fanbase hope that they're favorite character will be in the game.
God what awful person trying to keep hopes up during a very strange year, you think you know a guy...
Accurately theorycraft? He has an abyssmal track record.
All I'm seeing is an attention ***** taking advantge of your trust for the sake of his ego.
Really, if you guys want to stop being treated as the laughing stock of the smash community, start by getting rid of him, he's the reason this thread is considered a cult on the first place.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Never give up hope!
huh... Aight so imma be real, judging by how this is your first post and you went with a name and profile picture like this, naturally i am kind of forced to assume that theres something kinda off about this whole message.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Look guys. We’ve found a 4chan/gamefaqs user who’s here to troll. Didn’t expect to see them this early but I guess they can’t help but stir trouble

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
All I'm seeing is an attention ***** taking advantge of your trust for the sake of his ego.
Really, if you guys want to stop being treated as the laughing stock of the smash community, start by getting rid of him, he's the reason this thread is considered a cult on the first place.
No, the reason why the Geno fanbase is considered a laughing stock everywhere is because of people like terry_syvertson on Twitter.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
No... no I don't think we will.
If there's one cult I'm happy to be apart of, it's the Geno cult, I worship Fatman everyday anyways so it just suits me to join a cult.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Huh... Your typing style looks familiar... Could it be?

daf2df87acfa60f7c614e796a55ddf41.png

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Who cares and why does any of this concern you?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You have no say in what we should to to stop being laughed at, let alone to stop doing anything at all. If we are the laughing stock here, we are so for the wrong reasons. You are the more laughable one here, by the way for picking on us.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
"Get rid of people we don't like so that you have the privilege of us taking you seriously"
Maybe, I dunno... Don't be a huge **** if you want people to respond positively to your message?

I'm rather curious why we're feeding into this person's replies instead of just silently reporting and moving on.
Because it's fun to engage

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Starting early today huh
1608225042063.png

Don't take the bait, guys.

Alright, I need to go back to this post
Can we get some extra confirmation that what Mondo and Pinshadow discovered last night wasn't a mistake?
I did my due diligence and researched the topic. Nintendo has a CDN that distributes news to the Switch and possibly other platforms and all of the posts have a generated title that is most likely not random, but definitely not human made. This makes sense. The images are what people look at, and they are indeed numbered in a somewhat sequential method.

The most recent "special offer" is most definitely numbered "2110", but the last special offer was numbered "2092". The Version 9.0.0 image that came with Steve was "2094".

To me, this suggests that missing numbers before 2210 are most likely just something else. Maybe announcements regarding the Mario tournament, spirit events that have yet to be posted, etc. I think the odds are that 10.0.0 will be 2111, or something like that, in which all of Sephiroth's posts will be greater than 2110, which would not tell us a definitive amount of Mii Costumes to expect.

I understand that many of us have very low expectations of Square and exactly how much content they would put into the game, but I think "one costume" is bordering on parody. I could be wrong, and if I am, obviously I hope that one costume is Chocobo hat.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hello 4chan/GameFaqs troll. You like making a fool of yourself? Because that's what you're doing jack***.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Trolling
Who cares and why does any of this concern you?
I'm simply giving you all some advice, but hey, if you want to keep acting like a cult, then by all means, continue, just don't cry when yur reputation continues going downhill.
You have no say in what we should to to stop being laughed at, let alone to stop doing anything at all. If we are the laughing stock here, we are so for the wrong reasons. You are the more laughable one here, by the way for picking on us.
Like I said before, it's just some advice, and all you've guys are doing are proving me right, you really act like a cult.
And btw, since when do you have a problem with picking on someone? You guys contantly do it with everyone that doubts Geno.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Honestly, the good thing for me personally is that Geno is going to be playable regardless the outcome either as a Fighter or the Mii Costume.

If it's the latter then I hope Geno gets deluxe treatment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm simply giving you all some advice, but hey, if you want to keep acting like a cult, then by all means, continue, just don't cry when yur reputation continues going downhill.

Like I said before, it's just some advice, and all you've guys are doing are proving me right, you really act like a cult.
And btw, since when do you have a problem with picking on someone? You guys contantly do it with everyone that doubts Geno.
First, that cult thing is just an uneducated assumption.

Second, no one is proving you right. You are proving yourself to be in the wrong and being the first person.

Thirdly, even if we do pick on others, which we don't in the same way as you, we would not do it the same way as you are doing it. What you're doing is not advice.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Because it's fun to engage
It's funny to make the person look like a absolute idiot rather then telling him how much of a idiot he is.
I mean, they already kind of think poorly of us to begin with, I don't really think hitting them a Gotcha! is going to make them feel bad or embarrassed over what they're saying. I also remember the conversation a couple pages ago with some people saying that, if people like this started popping up, we should opt to report and ignore, because it's a slippery slope to derailing the thread and putting us in potential crosshairs again.

Firox

Smash Master
"Don't listen to Fatman! He's a false prophet!"

Fatman: "Wait, I'm a prophet? I thought I told everyone that I was just speculating and had zero prophesies whatsoever."

".....SEE?! He's a false prophet! Get thee hence!"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It's our decision to stay here and support a character like Geno and follow a respectable figure like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice . It's not your decision to give us advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom