• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, it sure is quiet around here.

Yep. If we're lucky, the VGAs might have ONE big Nintendo announcement and Smash is practically out the window for this week so all eyes are on next week already. Something else I thought of about why the week 14th could pay out is that we STILL haven't had our NSO update yet. Kind of realized that if they made an NSO announcement sometime between the 15-17 that the games would crash land just in time for Crinkmes. Coincidentally, DKC3 even has a Christmas mode in the game so this might have been intentional.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
Aaaand the celebratory pic of Ultimate's 2nd Anniversary!!! Time to look into it with laser eyes. :nifty:
Minecraft blocks are "square" like Square Enix! We got 'em, boys!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yep. If we're lucky, the VGAs might have ONE big Nintendo announcement and Smash is practically out the window for this week so all eyes are on next week already. Something else I thought of about why the week 14th could pay out is that we STILL haven't had our NSO update yet. Kind of realized that if they made an NSO announcement sometime between the 15-17 that the games would crash land just in time for Crinkmes. Coincidentally, DKC3 even has a Christmas mode in the game so this might have been intentional.
Wait, there's a Christmas mode in DKC3? I owned the original game since I was a kid and I didn't know that

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Aaaand the celebratory pic of Ultimate's 2nd Anniversary!!! Time to look into it with laser eyes. :nifty:
In the 1st one all the DLC characters are jumping SO.. all the remaining characters will jump :4pacman:
Pd: This pick of the day about SSBU anniversary is super cool: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1335781074920644609?s=20

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Wait, there's a Christmas mode in DKC3? I owned the original game since I was a kid and I didn't know that

You activated it on the file select screen. Highlight a save file, put in L, R, R, L, R, R, L, R, L, R

That opens a text box in the save file. In it, you type in MERRY

This not only changed the bonus rooms so that stars and bananas are swapped out for Christmas tree ornaments and Christmas gifts, it also swaps out the music for a song otherwise not heard in the game

(you can also type in "MUSIC" if you wanna just listen to the soundtrack. There's other things to type in as well that do various things. Extra lives, color swaps, etc.)

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
You activated it on the file select screen. Highlight a save file, put in L, R, R, L, R, R, L, R, L, R

This not only changed the bonus rooms so that stars and bananas are swapped out for Christmas tree ornaments and Christmas gifts, it also swaps out the music for a song otherwise not heard in the game

(you can also type in "MUSIC" if you wanna just listen to the soundtrack. There's other things to type in as well that do various things. Extra lives, color swaps, etc.)
I like how they made that song sound just different enough from Jingle Bell Rock to not get them sued.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If amiibo theory is truly true, we may have always had our answer for character 8's reveal and/or release for months already. As in, its happening at the next amiibo release, which is Cat Mario and Cat Peach in February.
Possibly but last month taught us something: it's only been applicable with Smash Amiibos so far. Last month had Breath of the Wild Amiibo rereleases but no Smash announcement in a close vicinity. Min Min only had Smash rereleases but it still worked out. At this time, we don't know if Smash Amiibos will be rereleased with the 3D World Deluxe Amiibo and Monster Hunter Amiibo next year.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Happy 2nd anniversary to Smash Ultimate! Time REALLY flies by. Enjoy this pic from Sakurai in reference to the March 2018 Direct trailer!

D

Deleted member

I'mma be real with my fellow kings.

Two years into this game's life and this is not where I wanted or expected us to be. Looking at this stuff is just like...

All I can do is sigh, man.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
First Photo: 8 fighters and the 2 on the smash ball is secretly representing 10 days for a smash reveal when added up or 8 fighters multiplied by 2 equals 16 meaning that there will either be a reveal or announcement on that day.

Second Photo: You can see seven fighters (seven stars of gaming) representing the seven stars from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Snake is also in the photo, but Snake can’t be seen because of the box. Snake in his box is used to complete the 2 built out of Minecraft blocks.

Third Photo: You can see 4 fighters in this picture in a shape close enough to a square representing Square Enix. You see Daisy in front of the square with her armed reached back around Kirby and Pikachu. Daisy holds two fingers up to show that Square Enix only has two fighters in Smash. Then, the character secretly behind them all is Isabelle. When Isabelle was revealed, a new Animal Crossing game was first announced to be coming. This could mean that if Geno is revealed soon, it could be announced that there will be a Super Mario RPG remaster or sequel coming soon, matching up with the leaks.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
If amiibo theory is truly true, we may have always had our answer for character 8's reveal and/or release for months already. As in, its happening at the next amiibo release, which is Cat Mario and Cat Peach in February.
Check out the big brain on brad!
No,but seriously, its probably the most obvious release last stop.
Along with the 7/11 ads.
If we get the teaser on february,we will only wait like a week or so.

Two years into this game's life and this is not where I wanted or expected us to be. Looking at this stuff is just like...

Whatcha mean?
If you mean Geno dlc, i get that.
If you mean the whole dlc travel,not so much. So far, we've had a lot of cool characters except one.
It'll be funny, next year, we will be rolling with 4 dlc characters.
Hand over fist!

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
and thus, the second week of December begins. The most important aspect to keep our eyes on this week is the last Challenge Cup on Saturday, so be on the lookout
We've been on the lookout for the last 6 months (or 25 years) or so.

I might actually pay attention to the Game Awards on Thursday.

All I want for Christmas is a certain wooden blue caped doll

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Just to make sure no possible mental breakdowns happen, don't lose hope if Geno isn't 8.
While it's really likely he is, don't have a panic attack over it, Geno is as likely 9 as he was 7 or is 8.
Not saying it isn't happening, but just want to make sure you all don't lose any hope just incase of the possibility.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 10.40.00 AM.png
Does anyone have a way to verify how recently was this website updated with that image? since it's not my region I haven't been paying attention, but this site has the usual info for part 2 that we all know, but with also that picture of challenger pack 8 at the top, I just don't know if that has been there for a while already in that region version of the website, or if it was actually recently updated at all…

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 294447 Does anyone have a way to verify how recently was this website updated with that image? since it's not my region I haven't been paying attention, but this site has the usual info for part 2 that we all know, but with also that picture of challenger pack 8 at the top, I just don't know if that has been there for a while already in that region version of the website, or if it was actually recently updated at all…
I can not verify as I haven't checked but everything here looks like it was always on the eShop, this isn't a new page as well, CP8 - CP11 have their own eShop pages.
Even if there was a change, there was a change awhile ago with the eShop where they added a new image to it.
1607352736194.png

So this is just them likely being behind in updating the eShop page, and it doesn't mean much.

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 294447 Does anyone have a way to verify how recently was this website updated with that image? since it's not my region I haven't been paying attention, but this site has the usual info for part 2 that we all know, but with also that picture of challenger pack 8 at the top, I just don't know if that has been there for a while already in that region version of the website, or if it was actually recently updated at all…
I never saw this before. If the update is recent, then...it bodes well for a future reveal

D

Deleted member

Well, the usual trick of viewing page info tells me that the page was last modified basically within the minute that I check. This would mean something is touching that page regularly, probably an automated job of some sort. Searching for that page on Google and selecting "cached" shows that it was up at least since November 30.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I can not verify as I haven't checked but everything here looks like it was always on the eShop, this isn't a new page as well, CP8 - CP11 have their own eShop pages.
Even if there was a change, there was a change awhile ago with the eShop where they added a new image to it.
View attachment 294450
So this is just them likely being behind in updating the eShop page, and it doesn't mean much.
Update:

I realized what image Nazyrus was on about, the big first image in his photo, and I can confirm it's always been there, this isn't a new image by any means, it's always been there for the eShop.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's been a slog, no doubt, but there's a number of things I'm happy about:

-The soundtrack is absurdly good. When this game is done, it will be borderline impossible to top it.

-Despite not wanting most of the DLC characters, they've all come with cool stuff. As time has gone on, Joker's probably my least favorite. Concept wise, all the characters are cool AF, most came with crazy good music (except Hero but **** Sugiyama forever) and most of the Mii costume picks have been stellar.

-The balance of this game is amazing. The fact that almost all the cast have dedicated players that have had an impact on major tournaments is really impressive.

-The spirit battles have gained more and more charm as time has gone on. They're basically event matches and that was my favorite mode in all the other games so I appreciate it.

Despite STILL waiting for the big payout two years later (**** you COVID...), this game is still amazing and the final product is really going to be a sight to behold.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Update:

I realized what image Nazyrus was on about, the big first image in his photo, and I can confirm it's always been there, this isn't a new image by any means, it's always been there for the eShop.
"always been there" as in… since steve came out I suppose you mean? Because it specifically says "8", that's why I was curious since when the "8" version has been there. But if it has been there for a long while then oh well, I wish people out there didn't come to me bringing it up lol, got me excited for a moment.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Oh, I see

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
"always been there" as in… since steve came out I suppose you mean? Because it specifically says "8", that's why I was curious since when the "8" version has been there. But if it has been there for a long while then oh well, I wish people out there didn't come to me bringing it up lol, got me excited for a moment.
If we're talking about the main "8" image, then that's been there on it's own eShop page since the Pass was revealed.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If we're talking about the main "8" image, then that's been there on it's own eShop page since the Pass was revealed.
It said "8" since the pass was revealed?… that makes no sense considering the pass starts with fp6… oh well, I guess I caught on pretty late on that nonsense lol

D

Deleted member

It said "8" since the pass was revealed?… that makes no sense considering the pass starts with fp6… oh well, I guess I caught on pretty late on that nonsense lol
Every individual part of the pass has a page with an image that has their number on it. This page that lists the "bundle" contents shows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom