• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
Just wanted to point out that the Kingdom Hearts logo they used for this image leak isn't even correct. There shouldn't be that little point on top of the middle of the heart, there would probably be a crown on the logo, and the thickness of the outline feels too skinny, though that last one might be nitpicking.
I was actually thinking the exact same thing. The logo is too thin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
'Turn to D'ohkness!'
'No, Kingdom Heart is light! Mmmmm.....light...'
King Mickey: "Well, Master Xenanort, I made it, despite your directions."

Xenanort: "Ah, your majesty King Mickey, Welcome! I hope you're ready for an unforgettable lab tour!"

King Mickey: "Yes..."

Later...

Xenanort: "Oh ye gods! My heart experiments are ruined! But what if... I split my soul among several bodies as a distraction? Hoho, delightfully devilish, Xenanort!"

Later:

King Mickey: "Good Lord what is in happening in there?!"

Xenanort: "The Gateway to Light."

King Mickey: "T-the Gateway to Light? At this time of day, at this time of year, located entirely within your laboratory?"

Xenanort: "Yes!"

King Mickey: "... Can I see it?"

Xemnas: "...No."

Lenzo: "HELP! EVERYONE IN THE LAB IS LOSING THEIR HEARTS!"

Ansem: "Don't worry, Lenzo it's just the Gateway to Light."

King Mickey: "Well, Xenanort, you're a strange fellow but I do admit, you have some good plans."

Lenzo: "HELP! HEEEELP!!!"

(I don't know how accurate this is to actual KH lore.)

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
I was actually thinking the exact same thing. The logo is too thin.
Yeah I'm surprised that someone would mess up a game series logo when making a fake image leak. That seems like it would be one of the easiest aspects of making a fake character select screen image. Maybe they did it on purpose to show how gullible the Smash community can be sometimes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Xenanort: "Ah, your majesty King Mickey, Welcome! I hope you're ready for an unforgettable lab tour!"

Later...

Xenanort: "Oh ye gods! My heart experiments are ruined! But what if... I split my soul among several bodies as a distraction? Hoho, delightfully devilish, Xenanort!"

Later:

King Mickey: "T-the Gateway to Light? At this time of day, at this time of year, located entirely within your laboratory?"

King Mickey: "Well, Xenanort, you're a strange fellow but I do admit, you have some good plans."

You got it pretty much right in my eyes

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Decided to look it up and, to my great annoyance, the Final Smash 4 DLC Direct was actually after the TGAs in 2015:

Aside from last year, I'm also surprised to learn just how early in the month it typically is. So, in other words, third week of December is technically on the table and I hate everything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Decided to look it up and, to my great annoyance, the Final Smash 4 DLC Direct was actually after the TGAs in 2015:

Aside from last year, I'm also surprised to learn just how early in the month it typically is. So, in other words, third week of December is technically on the table and I hate everything.
Well that's regarding how they marketed DLC in smash 4. I would only take DLC in Smash ultimate's marketing as reference for pass 2 marketing strategy, so i think it's either TGA or bust till January

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Later...

Later:

......God damn it I hate you.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

It's why I've been saying to not toss out the tournament theory since the last Smash Challenge Cup is this Saturday and we very much could see the announcement for when FP8 is revealed

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well that's regarding how they marketed DLC in smash 4. I would only take DLC in Smash ultimate's marketing as reference for pass 2 marketing strategy, so i think it's either TGA or bust till January
There's a side of me that's wondering if the TGAs will be used as a springboard to make an announcement of an announcement. Given a number of things including the online format, I'm genuinely doubting anything huge on Nintendo's part at the TGAs. They've personally been the source of all their news all year and I don't see them abruptly changing that for a face-melting reveal that it seems some people are expecting.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's why I've been saying to not toss out the tournament theory since the last Smash Challenge Cup is this Saturday and we very much could see the announcement for when FP8 is revealed
Last cup challenge overall?

So, if this is some kind of official tournament, would there be a chance that something would come after that?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Truly we live only to suffer

D

Deleted member

That is what I was thinking when I asked.

So, again, to make sure, is it possible an announcement could come after that tournament?
If you really want to push it to the limit, because Animal Crossing is not getting its Mario content until March iirc, Smash could see a Mario character inclusion all the way up until March 31, even if Fighter 8 is revealed to be Roblox default skin on February 28 (an arbitrary date chosen because of how close it is to March).

We're all obviously pretty into the fact that this Mario tournament meant something but unless they intend to reveal and release the next fighter before Saturday to be able to participate in this tournament, I'm thinking that the delay was arbitrary, like most of Nintendo's decisions this year.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wish I could answer that question, but the tourney wasn't even dated here yet lol
Oh yeah... This got lost in the ****in' shuffle.... The Mario Smash tournament is scheduled for Japan and South Korea but literally nowhere else yet... The Japanese one starts in 2 and half days; what is going on?!?

133-1335312_daisy-anger-cagney-carnation-angry.jpg

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Oh yeah... This got lost in the ****in' shuffle.... The Mario Smash tournament is scheduled for Japan and South Korea but literally nowhere else yet... The Japanese one starts in 2 and half days; what is going on?!?

View attachment 293683
Maybe Nintendo can use all that money they got from the Switch's success this year to buy a better marketing department. Or at this rate at least hire a marketing department.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I knew it, two events in one week don't leave any room for fighter announcements at all. Time to resume waiting for the Game Awards. If anything happens, it would be then.
Either that or the launch of Super Mario 3D World DX. :4pacman:

Or the week after VGAs, as a friend suggested to me.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 293683
NOA has been screwed over six ways to sunday by the...crisis. Wouldn't be surprised if that affected the marketing department worse than expected.

Someone remind me, what does it feel like when other devs give fans a roadmap for dlc?
It varies. From my experience, Street Fighter's inconsistent, DB Fighterz is like half and half, and Mortal Kombat is mostly straightforward enough.

Though given the hype/anger levels each Smash reveal generates, it's likely a good idea to show one or two at a time as they're done. Steve broke Twitter for 15 minutes just from showing up by himself.

Last edited:

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
Someone remind me, what does it feel like when other devs give fans a roadmap for dlc?
Related but unrelated, some of us are still waiting for any news on Silksong. Playable Hornet was a Kickstarter goal for DLC for Hollow Knight, which released in 2017.

So this wait for Smash DLC isn't that bad. It could be worse.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
Not to imply impatience on my end, as I'm relatively content in that regard. just wanted to joke about it.

I much rather it be done one at a time for the rollercoaster that has been smash for me. I'd even be okay with a third pass that drags it on even longer. Getting older I want to play games less and less and would rather talk about them 😅 I have to make way for new hobbies and experiences, so being patient for smash is no issue. This is the golden era after all.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But that's the thing... It's not just NoA. Nintendo of Canada, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand haven't scheduled theirs either. I know NoA is full of goofy MFs but this was a tournament announced three months ago and they're really short to boot.

unknown-6.png

It's only two hours long.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
But that's the thing... It's not just NoA. Nintendo of Canada, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand haven't scheduled theirs either. I know NoA is full of goofy MFs but this was a tournament announced three months ago and they're really short to boot.

View attachment 293698

It's only two hours long.
Wow, all this advertising and attention to such a low key tournament. This has 'You Must Recover!' Brawl update of the day vibes: a big old bucket of nothing.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord

View attachment 293683
This is something I've been wondering about for the last couple of weeks. The Super Mario-themed Smash tournament being advertised currently is the one running in Japan. However, NOA hasn't announced said themed Smash tournament, yet it was announced during the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct so, what's going on? Is there going to be another Super Mario-themed Smash tournament besides the Japan one at another date in December?

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
This is something I've been wondering about for the last couple of weeks. The Super Mario-themed Smash tournament being advertised currently is the one running in Japan. However, NOA hasn't announced said themed Smash tournament, yet it was announced during the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct so, what's going on? Is there going to be another Super Mario-themed Smash tournament besides the Japan one at another date in December?
At this point I don't think anyone follows any rules or patterns any more...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
South Korea has theirs the following weekend but that's it so far.

unknown-6.png

Staarih

Smash Master
I think it may have to do with the logistics of it, with there being prizes and all. Japan and South-Korea seem to have it sorted (they share the same prizes), maybe it's more of a hassle in the west and the date is yet to be set, I dunno. Either way, seeing as South-Korea has it on a different day than Japan, and it's only a two-hour event, NoA and NoE could honestly just announce it for any random weekend by the end of the year and it would still be in line with what we've been told ("later this year"). I wouldn't look too much into it at this point.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Though given the hype/anger levels each Smash reveal generates, it's likely a good idea to show one or two at a time as they're done. Steve broke Twitter for 15 minutes just from showing up by himself.
Yeah I see people saying they want to just have everything revealed at once, but idk if I could handle watching half of the fanbase go nuclear if it did happen. Like no matter what the final lineup is people are gonna be ****ing pissed.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Not to imply impatience on my end, as I'm relatively content in that regard. just wanted to joke about it.

I much rather it be done one at a time for the rollercoaster that has been smash for me. I'd even be okay with a third pass that drags it on even longer. Getting older I want to play games less and less and would rather talk about them 😅 I have to make way for new hobbies and experiences, so being patient for smash is no issue. This is the golden era after all.
I have the same feeling. The only thing I wish Nintendo did was give us some kind of window for when the next fighter is revealed. If they just said that Fighter #8 would be revealed in January or something, we wouldn't have to be looking into every little thing Nintendo does every single week. But maybe that's what they want us to do so that we're more likely to buy Nintendo games we wouldn't normally buy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still beats Geoff vaguely going "we'll have surprises!", not really indicating whether the Game Awards will be any good this year. Worst case scenario, it'll be like last year, except that the presentation will be even worse than usual.

At least with the Mario 35 stuff, they don't tell people to expect a big relation to Smash anyway, as that would be purely incidental. I mean there's a Tetris 99 Maximus Cup this week too.

I have the same feeling. The only thing I wish Nintendo did was give us some kind of window for when the next fighter is revealed. If they just said that Fighter #8 would be revealed in January or something, we wouldn't have to be looking into every little thing Nintendo does every single week. But maybe that's what they want us to do so that we're more likely to buy Nintendo games we wouldn't normally buy.
The character will be revealed when they're done, and with the...crisis messing up everyone, patience is definitely understandable. We still got a ways to go before the deadline a year from now. At this stage I just want the rest of this year to be over with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom