• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys, am I crazy or did Imran Khan make a post about Sora being essentially deconfirmed around the 30th? It was a reply to someone I believe, and I know he said it, but I can only find his Monster Hunter reply.

Did anyone screenshot it back then just in case he removed it?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Hey guys, am I crazy or did Imran Khan make a post about Sora being essentially deconfirmed around the 30th? It was a reply to someone I believe, and I know he said it, but I can only find his Monster Hunter reply.

Did anyone screenshot it back then just in case he removed it?
Here and I posted the time where they talk about it.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Here and I posted the time where they talk about it.
I thank you but specifically Imran Khan responded to someone on Twitter shortly before Steve's reveal reiterating what he said about Sora essentialy being deconfirmed. I'm having difficulty finding this tweet but I know it happened and it was around the same time as his Monster Hunter tweet.

God, Twitter's search engine is GARBAGE!

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I think people's issues with Ryu in Smash speculation is similar to Terry: all this praise, admiration, attention, reminiscing, support, and discussion about the characters in the Smash scene came AFTER something connected to them happened (Terry's official reveal, Ryu in that fake leak). But go a month or two and further before those events and neither character was really discussed even remotely close to the same levels as the usual characters (Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, Shadow, Waluigi, Isaac, Dixie, etc). So it looks sudden and weird.

This would be like if Geno's first acknowledgement in Smash speculation was the Grinch Fake (so nothing beforehand, fanbase is comparably a nonexistent blip to other fanbases, Sakurai never mentioned him and there was no Mii costume). Then after that Fake Geno's in many discussions and seen as an obvious or expected or inevitable choice, but if you look at his full timeline im speculation, it looks like he came out of nowhere, almost like time literally skipping ahead. I think people are just confused at the sudden speculation for Ryu, where he is discussed so nonchalantly as if he was ALWAYS discussed to that level. He becomes an 'obvious choice' only until after something of any degree happens with him, but he wasn't dubbed obvious before that event.

And I don't want to knock Ryu or his fans. He's just the current example and this confusion can apply to other characters in speculation. Kind of like how Chorus Kids were barely, if at all, brought up to be added to Smash, but then Gematsu happens and out of the blue they are on everyone's prediction list, acting like they were always there from day one.
I feel this exactly. I’m just SUPER tired of hearing that damn ninja’s name and I’m also kinda tired of hear Dante’s name since he has MAYBE one piece of evidence going for him (DMC3 SE switch edition) but everyone acts like he’s a shoe in. I want Dante a lot but I definitely think people are blowing his chances out of proportion

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
I thank you but specifically Imran Khan responded to someone on Twitter shortly before Steve's reveal reiterating what he said about Sora essentialy being deconfirmed. I'm having difficulty finding this tweet but I know it happened and it was around the same time as his Monster Hunter tweet.

Pretty sure you're just thinking of this:

No clue where you possibly could have heard that Sora isn't in Volume 2, especially around Steve's reveal...

StarLight42

Smash Lord

I don't think this particular tweet exists. Are you sure it was real?

Pretty sure you're just thinking of this:

No clue where you possibly could have heard that Sora isn't in Volume 2, especially around Steve's reveal...
:mybodyisreggie:

oops i forgot to add some text into this post so that I don't get warned by mods. Uhh, hi.

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Who cares about whether or not Ryu’s in the game, he’ll be just another character for us to beat up as Geno anyways :troll:

I kid, I kid. Not trying to devalue the merit of the discussion or anything, but whether or not Ryu gets in the game is hardly a matter that concerns Geno directly. The mountain of evidence in Geno’s favor isn’t gonna burn down into a pile of ash the second Ryu is revealed.

Though, nobody’s really acting like that either so I’m basically telling myself this to not go insane. Look I’m confident in Geno but if he’s saved for the very end I will probably be slightly upset. And when I get slightly upset I tend to ramble, and NOBODY wants that.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I’m really curious if Nintendo is going to announce their early 2021 schedule before the year ends, especially considering how it’s very likely that many of their 2020 games are now in 2021 territory. At the very least, while I don’t mind the Twitter shadowdrops occasionally, I would much prefer knocking most of Q1 and Q2 out of the way in one fell swoop in a showcase.
That said, if and I mean IF the Mario RPG remake/sequel rumors are true, man would releasing it in March be perfect for its 25th anniversary...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno's my most wanted character, but I wouldn't mind Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd Irving, Shantae, Rayman, Crash, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, Elma, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Phoenix Wright, DoomSlayer, Dante, KOS-MOS, or even Impa if she's more than just a Sheik echo fighter. My least wanted was deconfirmed a good while back, so I'm more open to others showing up.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
I’m really curious if Nintendo is going to announce their early 2021 schedule before the year ends, especially considering how it’s very likely that many of their 2020 games are now in 2021 territory. At the very least, while I don’t mind the Twitter shadowdrops occasionally, I would much prefer knocking most of Q1 and Q2 out of the way in one fell swoop in a showcase.
That said, if and I mean IF the Mario RPG remake/sequel rumors are true, man would releasing it in March be perfect for its 25th anniversary...
It'd be nice, but i'm definitely not expecting any Directs before next year; just two or three more Partner Presentations for the remaining months. They could always date a game like New Pokemon Snap via a Twitter shadowdrop trailer though.

Hopefully they come out swinging in January with a General Direct; but we could still see one or two more games earlier at The Game Awards. One of those two events should hopefully have a Smash reveal attached too.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ninja Gaiden is... fine? I just don't think it's anything remarkable and that even games like Castlevania 1 and the first few Mega Man's have aged better, I really don't understand putting the franchises on the same level, especially when both of those franchises continued improving and evolving through the SNES and onward sticking moooostly with Nintendo while Ninja Gaiden did basically nothing for a decade after the NES before finally getting it's reboot... that along with it's sequel was originally an Xbox exclusive, which is what it's primarily associated with, and has never even been on a Nintendo console save for the 3rd game which seems to be the one people don't like. I'm fine with Ryu in Smash but I've never understood putting him on the same tier of Simon or Mega Man, or Bomberman for that matter.
You know I don’t necessarily disagree with you because I think he’s a very special case. Honestly, I think Hayabusa is more iconic than the games themselves considering he’s a main character in Dead or Alive, made 5 or 6 appearances in the Warriors games, made an appearance (technically) in both Nioh games so far, and even made a name drop and reference in ****ing Halo 3.

the timeline goes:
Ninja Gaiden Arcade - 1988(NA)/1989(JP)
Ninja Gaiden NES - 1988(JP)/1989(NA)
Ninja Gaiden II - 1990
Ninja Gaiden Shadow - 1991
Ninja Gaiden III - 1991
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy SNES - 1995
Dead or Alive - 1996
Dead or Alive 2 - 1999
Dead or Alive 3 - 2001
Ninja Gaiden Reboot - 2004
Ninja Gaiden Black- 2005
Dead or Alive 4 - 2005
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 2007
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (which people often overlook but it’s super good) - 2008
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 2008
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 2009
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - 2011
Warriors Orochi 3 - 2011
Ninja Gaiden 3 (the bad one) - 2012
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Wii U)[The Good Version of 3] - 2012
Dead or Alive 5 - 2012
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (the other bad one) - 2014
Warriors All-Stars - 2017
Nioh - 2017
Dead or Alive 6 - 2019
Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate - 2019
Nioh 2 - 2020

I actually eliminated a few rereleases like DoA5: Ultimate/Last Round, Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, and a few other rereleases.

My point of all this is that I think this is why Hayabusa has remained a steady icon for as long as he has and why he still is. He’s just so well known because of so many things. Some people are like oh I used to play his games on NES, or I used to play those games on Xbox, or oh that guy from Dead or Alive, or oh that guy from Warriors Orochi, or even oh that guy was a secret super boss in Nioh. And I think that’s why he’s so well know and so iconic. Hayabusa has just been around consistently since his first ever appearance and it’s just kind of crazy to think about.

Edit: I know I have definitely have contributed to the derailment of the thread so I definitely do apologize for that but I just can’t help it. I jump at Ninja Gaiden discussion anytime I can because I love that this speculation era has at least gotten people more interested in the games and that just makes me happy.

Last edited:

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
I am playing suuuuuuper catch up here.

I agree with your logic, @Fatmanonice , that a Pokemon rep maybe won't be in this pass. But I don't think TPC is beyond shilling one bit. I'm still holding my breath for another Byleth situation. And while we're at it, I think it's going to be Cinderace. People will moan, but he has the most interesting potential for a moveset and doesn't conflict with already existing fighters. Rillaboom is basically green DK holding a drum with a rhythm gimmick; both a new "gorilla" and having our first rhythm based fighter are best saved for somebody else, IMO. Intelleon doesn't stand out as much as the other 2 and its moveset or gimmick don't seem to be anything new or interesting; Inteleon is also the least popular of the 3 Galar starters, which means it won't be shilled as much by TPC.

Cinderace has the most potential. A spry, jumpy, athletic fighter whose main gimmick would revolve around soccer ball physics using a fireball it pulls out of hammerspace? Sign me right the @*$! up, that sounds amazing!
I get the appeal of Cinderace but I personally think Urshifu would be a better choice as his design kind of screams Smash to me. Also, having a third fire type Pokémon in the game would be kind of lame as other types are not represented by hey, let’s see

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I get the appeal of Cinderace but I personally think Urshifu would be a better choice as his design kind of screams Smash to me. Also, having a third fire type Pokémon in the game would be kind of lame as other types are not represented by hey, let’s see
Urshifu wouldn't work in Smash.
Urshifu has two forms that it cannot switch between. It starts as a Kubfu and upon looking at the scroll at the top of either the Tower of Darkness or Tower of waters, it evolves into either one of two forms. You can only go through one on a single save file. How the heck would that work in Smash? Not at all.
Believe me, I've played it.

Geno.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
This is actually something I feel a lot of people missed which is weird because its HUGE evidence towards Geno.

He DID get a modern redesign. Just like K. Rool before him there's design changes present in the MII COSTUME!

Its not much, but obviously his gun (which was the infamous 'pulsating rod' before) now has a more fleshed out look.
Less obvious is his torso, he has an added section to his torso for extra articulation. Originally in SMRPG his torso was split into two sections and upper chest area and his pelvis. If you look at the mii costume he now has a new middle section making his torso have 3 segments rather than 2.

Maybe disappointing if you wanted something more dramatic, but I think the mii costume is once again the ironic smoking gun for Geno's inclusion!
Sorry for not responding sooner, had a busy day today.

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember hearing about that. Does anyone know if the other Sm4sh Mii costumes aside from K. Rool had previously unseen design elements that were carried over to their Ultimate design? Have there been any such costumes that ended up deconfirmed anyway?

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Also, having a third fire type Pokémon in the game would be kind of lame as other types are not represented by hey, let’s see
Urshifu doesn’t represent any new types either though. We’ve got a fighting type (Lucario), two water types (Squirtle and Greninja) and two dark types (Greninja and Incineroar). Not really pumped up for Cinderace or Urshifu as potential options, so i’m hoping we just don’t get a Gen 8 rep.

So Geno is pretty cool. What Pokémon types would he be?

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
I've had several Pokemon over the years named after him, the most recent being the hilariously obvious Minior, but I do have a competitive male Meowstic named after him. You could ask me for my reasoning but I don't really have answers for you. It just fits to me. Idk.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Urshifu has two forms that it cannot switch between. It starts as a Kubfu and upon looking at the scroll at the top of either the Tower of Darkness or Tower of waters, it evolves into either one of two forms. You can only go through one on a single save file. How the heck would that work in Smash? Not at all.

Geno.
Well, maybe they could explain it away as Urshifu seeing both scrolls when it evolved from a Kubfu?
I mean, it has two eyes for a reason.

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
Urshifu doesn’t represent any new types either though. We’ve got a fighting type (Lucario), two water types (Squirtle and Greninja) and two dark types (Greninja and Incineroar). Not really pumped up for Cinderace or Urshifu as potential options, so i’m hoping we just don’t get a Gen 8 rep.

I'm thinking Fairy/Steel. Fairy fits with being him being a star and he's part Steel because of his guns.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I can't believe it
You know I don’t necessarily disagree with you because I think he’s a very special case. Honestly, I think Hayabusa is more iconic than the games themselves considering he’s a main character in Dead or Alive, made 5 or 6 appearances in the Warriors games, made an appearance (technically) in both Nioh games so far, and even made a name drop and reference in ****ing Halo 3.

the timeline goes:
Ninja Gaiden Arcade - 1988(NA)/1989(JP)
Ninja Gaiden NES - 1988(JP)/1989(NA)
Ninja Gaiden II - 1990
Ninja Gaiden Shadow - 1991
Ninja Gaiden III - 1991
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy SNES - 1995
Dead or Alive - 1996
Dead or Alive 2 - 1999
Dead or Alive 3 - 2001
Ninja Gaiden Reboot - 2004
Ninja Gaiden Black- 2005
Dead or Alive 4 - 2005
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 2007
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (which people often overlook but it’s super good) - 2008
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 2008
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - 2009
Dead or Alive: Dimensions - 2011
Warriors Orochi 3 - 2011
Ninja Gaiden 3 (the bad one) - 2012
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Wii U) - 2012
Dead or Alive 5 - 2012
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (the other bad one) - 2014
Warriors All-Stars - 2017
Nioh - 2017
Dead or Alive 6 - 2019
Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate - 2019
Nioh 2 - 2020

I actually eliminated a few rereleases like DoA5: Ultimate/Last Round, Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, and a few other rereleases.

My point of all this is that I think this is why Hayabusa has remained a steady icon for as long as he has and why he still is. He’s just so well known because of so many things. Some people are like oh I used to play his games on NES, or I used to play those games on Xbox, or oh that guy from Dead or Alive, or oh that guy from Warriors Orochi, or even oh that guy was a secret super boss in Nioh. And I think that’s why he’s so well know and so iconic. Hayabusa has just been around consistently since his first ever appearance and it’s just kind of crazy to think about.

Edit: I know I have definitely have contributed to the derailment of the thread so I definitely do apologize for that but I just can’t help it. I jump at Ninja Gaiden discussion anytime I can because I love that this speculation era has at least gotten people more interested in the games and that just makes me happy.
Yea, that's basically how I view it, especially with his DoA and Warriors appearances he is more or less the Koei Tecmo posterboy. My whole thing is that people try and push him as this NES icon that's super tied to Nintendo like Castlevania and Mega Man which I just don't jive with. If he's in he's there to represent Koei Tecmo, which has fully earned a slot at this point and I'm honestly shocked it hasn't happened yet (and is ironically part of the reason I think he ISN'T getting in, but that's a discussion for another time.)

Anyway, back to Geno, the entire basis of this thread is about getting Nintendo to awknowledge Mario RPG and get Geno into Smash right? Well ok, then what? How would you want Geno to appear in an actual new game, not just Smash?

Personally, I kindaaa think Geno actually has a bit of untapped potential? "But he's a angel/spirit/god/star thing possessing a Wooden Doll that has machine guns/lasers/rocket hands/destructo disks/and can turn into a cannon, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?" Well, I mean, Geno's just the doll right? And it's established he could have possessed any of the other toys, he just picked Geno because he looked the strongest?

What if instead of having normal weapon and armor slots like the rest of the party, Geno could switch bodies and take control of other toys to gain different stats and abilities? Like he could Switch between different action figures like Cowboys and Knights and gain a slightly different persona for each one. Or maybe not that drastic, maybe just for certain moves, I always thought it was a little weird Geno just literally transformed into a cannon, what if he just possessed something like a Toy Tank to do it instead? Or he could possess a Toy Boat and turn into an actual cruiser, and do some kind of water chase at the end of Star Piece 5 like there SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME instead of anti-climatically fighting Yaridovich. I mean seriously, isn't Geno basically meant to be the anti-thesis of Smithy, a mass producer of soulless weapons of destruction versus a literal wish granter who makes dreams into reality, including for Gaz just by bringing Geno to life? And what is Smithy's whole thing? TRANSFORMING INTO OTHER FORMS! The more I think about this the more annoyed I am they didn't do it in the actual game.

Last edited:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Anyway, back to Geno, the entire basis of this thread is about getting Nintendo to awknowledge Mario RPG and get Geno into Smash right? Well ok, then what? How would you want Geno to appear in an actual new game, not just Smash?

Personally, I kindaaa think Geno actually has a bit of untapped potential? "But he's a angel/spirit/god/star thing possessing a Wooden Doll that has machine guns/lasers/rocket hands/destructo disks/and can turn into a cannon, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?" Well, I mean, Geno's just the doll right? And it's established he could have possessed any of the other toys, he just picked Geno because he looked the strongest?

What if instead of having normal weapon and armor slots like the rest of the party, Geno could switch bodies and take control of other toys to gain different stats and abilities? Like he could Switch between different action figures like Cowboys and Knights and gain a slightly different persona for each one. Or maybe not that drastic, maybe just for certain moves, I always thought it was a little weird Geno just literally transformed into a cannon, what if he just possessed something like a Toy Tank to do it instead? Or he could possess a Toy Boat and turn into an actual cruiser, and do some kind of water chase at the end of Star Piece 5 like there SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME instead of anti-climatically fighting Yaridovich. I mean seriously, isn't Geno basically meant to be the anti-thesis of Smithy, a mass producer of soulless weapons of destruction versus a literal wish granter who makes dreams into reality, including for Gaz just by bringing Geno to life? And what is Smithy's whole thing? TRANSFORMING INTO OTHER FORMS! The more I think about this the more annoyed I am they didn't do it in the actual game.
Unless the rumors about a Super Mario RPG revival are true, it's going to be difficult to get Geno into new Mario games considering he'll still be owned by Square Enix. Maybe limited-time events in the Mario mobile games could work; like Dr. Geno in Dr. Mario World or Geno and Mallow in Mario Kart Tour? It'd be cool to see him anything else after Smash, really.

Kinda weird that they didn't include him in Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Itadaki Street DS or Fortune Street; all Mario games developed by Square Enix. At least the latter had a Super Mario RPG remix, so they didn't entirely forget about the game.

Those concepts for Geno changing bodies could make for a fun game! It's just that getting Geno into more games beyond Smash might be difficult.

Last edited:

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I could definitely see a Mario RPG remaster happening if Square doesn't want to put Mario RPG on Switch Online, plus I think the graphics need an improvement imo. They're charming but they've kinda aged ngl

novazvezda

Smash Cadet

In my opinion, either Psychic/Normal or Fairy/Normal, but I'm leaning on the first. Psychic or Fairy because he uses energy based attacks and he has an attack that's made of light. Normal because, for one, he's a doll; two, my mind may be fuzzy, but I remember that a lot of "shooting" Pokemon or attacks become Normal type. I saw somebody mention Steel earlier, but Steel types are generally bulkier, and Geno has the weakest defenses of the crew.

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet

Those concepts for Geno changing bodies could make for a fun game! It's just that getting Geno into more games beyond Smash might be difficult.
I pitched a pretty similar idea awhile back, when I was hoping to discuss ideas for a hypothetical SMRPG2. My idea was simply to have Geno possess different doll bodies with different builds, almost like a job class system, so Geno could potentially fill any role you need for different scenarios. Though my direction would have his different bodies draw inspiration from Final Fantasy classes, rather than different kinds of toys. Imagine having a Thief Geno when you need him to be faster, or a Paladin Geno when you need him to be a tank (with the bonus that he turns into a literal tank when he uses Geno Flash in that body).

I also threw around the idea of, instead of swapping bodies, you could customize Geno like you would an action figure; adding accessories to alter his status and give him new abilities. Kinda like how you normally change the equipment on your party, but more fleshed out. Instead of just head or body armor, you could augment his arms, legs, shoes, cape, etc. I just like the idea of a fully customizable Geno, talking advantage of the fact that he's a toy, inspired by how I would alter and improve the base designs of my Lego figures when I was a kid (something I'm sure others did too). Seriously, imagine being able to create a pink Geno, with wings, a railgun, and Boshi sunglasses; I'd buy the game for that alone.

Last edited:

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
This makes me wonder if there was an actual model sheet made for the updated design - one that could've possibly included his head... and which could've then been reused as a model sheet for his fighter model in Ultimate.
If I had to guess there probably was a model sheet for the mii costume, potentially Geno's new design entirely since they had to redesign him...But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the body with a cursed mii face...

Your right...! I did notice the differences between Geno's artwork and the Mii costume! That's something we should add to the list! Why do I say this? well...look at this part of this video.

Yup, I noticed Geno had been slightly updated but it wasn't until I heard about the K. Rool costume that I realized this could be something HUGE.

Sorry for not responding sooner, had a busy day today.

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember hearing about that. Does anyone know if the other Sm4sh Mii costumes aside from K. Rool had previously unseen design elements that were carried over to their Ultimate design? Have there been any such costumes that ended up deconfirmed anyway?
You're good haha I usually wait to read the thread when I'm going to bed anyways (or lying in bed for several hours, but let's not worry about that).

I'm not sure if any of the other miis that got upgraded had any significant design changes though. The only one I could think of that was gone for several years thus justifying the new look was K. Rool.

Everyone else seemed to be from fairly recent years (Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling).

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Did something happen with Ryu Hayabusa in the past few days that's ramped up discussion for him? Or is it that, thanks to previous leaks/rumors, he is just the belle of the ball of speculation right now, like Hero used to be?

Right now, I'm placing bets on Crash, Geno, Ryu, and Lloyd for FP8-11. Lloyd's the only one I'm kinda shaky on, he could easily be replaced with any other character, a wild card candidate that no one sees coming.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Ryu is fine , even if honestly , he's not really my thing. I do admit that I remember him being brought up in FP1 speculation , but he got a massive boost after Steve for some reason.
Regardless , Ryu isn't a competitor to Geno , so I don't mind.

When it come to predictions... My only hard predicition is "Geno is in the pass , between 8-11".
Otherwise , I think Rayman , and especially Isaac are slept on and have a really good shot. (Ubisoft's behavior when it come to Rayman , the lack of his mii costume with rabbids/Altair. And for Isaac ,all the trademarks leading to remasters of GS1/2 , and his overall fan requests)

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I agree with this prediction!
Geno: The costume model is there, just like with K. Rool they made changes from his artwork. I think Square wanted Hero to go first in DLC to promote DQ 11. Geno is the last “fan demanded wish list character, that still needs to go in. Like Ridley, Banjo and K. Rool before him. You can’t say “Everyone is Here,” without Geno. Sakurai endorsement, Wii U costume. He’s going in.

Lloyd: Just like Geno, he’s got the costume deal going for him. What he offers is his dual blades. It’s a fighting style he brings to the table that the other sword fighters don’t. I think that draws Sakurai’s attention, for a character that can offer something different. That goes a long way.

Crash: C’mon, Sakurai has everybody else. Mario, Sonic and Crash Triple Threat match. I don’t see him passing up on this once in a lifetime chance to do that.

Impa: I see this following the trend of the “cooling off” end to the fighters reveals. Every Smash game has one. Although I would welcome Impa because Zelda deserves another fighter that isn’t one of the Triforce weilders. I think Sakurai has been hinting at another Zelda character coming, and I see Impa with her Age of Calamity design and fighting style.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yo guys... what if for the rumored (and pretty much inevitable) Mario Kart 9... we not only get Pauline, Dixie Kong, and Funky Kong as playable characters (and also King 'FREAKIN' BOB-OMB)... we also get Geno and Mallow (and either a Boshi Yoshi alt, or it can be its own racer)? 👀 👀 👀

D

Deleted member

If I had to guess there probably was a model sheet for the mii costume, potentially Geno's new design entirely since they had to redesign him...But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the body with a cursed mii face...

Yup, I noticed Geno had been slightly updated but it wasn't until I heard about the K. Rool costume that I realized this could be something HUGE.

You're good haha I usually wait to read the thread when I'm going to bed anyways (or lying in bed for several hours, but let's not worry about that).

I'm not sure if any of the other miis that got upgraded had any significant design changes though. The only one I could think of that was gone for several years thus justifying the new look was K. Rool.

Everyone else seemed to be from fairly recent years (Chrom, Isabelle, Inkling).
Of course Ridley was never a costume, but I think he got a new original Smash design primarily based off Super Metroid.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe

Geno.
That is just straight up not true and you know it. Mario is just normal Mario in this game, how can he use fireballs and the cape? Doesn’t he need a power up for that? He doesn’t take out a fire flower, use it, then punch himself to get rid of the power up right? There’s no music that plays to show he’s on a timer? How do ANY of the Pokémon mega evolve? how does Pit have more than one weapon when he has to change them before each mission? There’s no way Palutena can fit all those powers on her board! Inklings have multiple weapons as well which isn’t possible. Sonic LITERALLY picks up no rings in smash, how can he go super sonic? I don’t see the Belmonts picking up any sub weapons? Smash doesn’t care what’s possible or can’t happen in the home series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom