• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
If you believe Crash is coming, you aren't wrong but this is waaaaaaaay too early.
Actually seeing how this character would have likely been an E3 announcement alongside Min-Min if E3 wasn't cancelled by Covid (we tend to get double reveals for Smash in E3) i see Crash beign a perfect reveal to follow up Min Min. In this context it would be too late, not too early.

buuuuuuuuut im not deniying that in an alternate timeline Geno could have been revealed in E3 as Fighter Pack 7, i mean if ****ing Roy can be E3 Material then so can Geno. So maybe Geno was supposed to be the E3 reveal and we are just getting his reveal now. (which enforced further by the fact that tomorrow is NOT a "Sakurai Presents" like Byleth, but just a reveal trailer like Banjo in E3)

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
Friendly reminder that Bismuth and Pearl happened before Lapis and Peridot and that Lapis and Peridot will never officially be a couple. :ultpacman:
Also, shipping is the cancer that's ruining entertainment.
I mean it can happen. Also as for Shipping, It shouldn’t really be pointed towards a group that should be blamed for it or be seen as bad, as specific people can make shipping look bad as a whole, but the whole group as an entirety should not be blamed.
he also did some music for Cadence of Hyrule DLC IIRC
That‘s wonderful to know he actually helps out like that!

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty anxious for tomorrow right now. Both on waiting for tomorrow to finally get here & the little thought in the back of my mind asking if Geno will for real be in or not.

Like on the one hand, I'd like to know if the time has finally come, and on the other I don't wanna get myself spoiled.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Actually seeing how this character would have likely been an E3 announcement alongside Min-Min if E3 wasn't cancelled by Covid (we tend to get double reveals for Smash in E3) i see Crash beign a perfect reveal to follow up Min Min. In this context it would be too late, not too early.

buuuuuuuuut im not deniying that in an alternate timeline Geno could have been revealed in E3 as Fighter Pack 7, i mean if ****ing Roy can be E3 Material then so can Geno. So maybe Geno was supposed to be the E3 reveal and we are just getting his reveal now. (which enforced further by the fact that tomorrow is NOT a "Sakurai Presents" like Byleth, but just a reveal trailer like Banjo in E3)
Eh.... I've always stood by the idea that Min Min was meant to be an April-May release and only got pushed back due to development issues. Her being an E3 reveal has never made sense. As for Crash, I just think it's too early, we've kinda established that new third parties are harder/take longer to negotiate with than ones already involved so characters like Crash from new companies likely aren't coming until awhile later. Someone like a Square or Capcom rep I feel would be a lot simpler to handle, not to mention Crash also has to deal with being a western company as well. I think he's coming but not until way later.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Just before the reveal tomorrow, one topic I haven't seen discussed that has quite a lot of potential for discussion is that what references do you think they would make in the gameplay, like how Diddy Kong and Banjo used the Bonus fruit to take out DK to reference the giant gorilla boss fight?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Just before the reveal tomorrow, one topic I haven't seen discussed that has quite a lot of potential for discussion is that what references do you think they would make in the gameplay, like how Diddy Kong and Banjo used the Bonus fruit to take out DK to reference the giant gorilla boss fight?
Chances are the trailer for Geno if he's FP7 would have him reunite with his fellow Super Mario RPG comrades (Mallow will appear somehow).

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Man, how long has it been since the last credible leak? I think it was with Vergeben and the Mii Costumes HOURS before Byleths reveal? Or Imran Khans Min-Min Tweet where the first letter of every tweet spelled out "Min Min" Not sure 🤔

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-A Square Enix sale ends at the end of today.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...
its also posible the "twist" is a game reveal/ moveset showcase

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm glad that we've finally got a character reveal coming up after months of waiting. While I'm expecting that the message from Sakurai is going to be bad news, given the unusual format and the global situation (I'm expecting that the Fighters Pass will be delayed to 2022), I'm hoping that we'll get Geno (or another long-awaited fan favourite, but there aren't many that fit that category among the Smash fandom as well as Geno) to cushion the blow like how the announcement of Brawl's delay was cushioned by Sonic's announcement.

I'd love it if we got a double reveal (even if the second reveal was just a trailer with no gameplay footage), especially this:

...but all things considered, I seriously doubt that it will happen.

Anyway, here's hoping that Geno's revealed tomorrow and the decade-plus of waiting (possibly two decades, in some cases) finally comes to an end.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Howdy fellas, I'm behind on the thread since the news broke but here's a little something to get the hype going. :4pacman:

LET'S ♡♪!?ING GOOOOOOO
HAHAHA, that's a good pic!

Not gonna lie, I’m loving all the enthusiasm from this thread right now!
Yeah, it's great! Lots of people comin' out to show their support today.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm glad that we've finally got a character reveal coming up after months of waiting. While I'm expecting that the message from Sakurai is going to be bad news, given the unusual format and the global situation (I'm expecting that the Fighters Pass will be delayed to 2022), I'm hoping that we'll get Geno (or another long-awaited fan favourite, but there aren't many that fit that category among the Smash fandom as well as Geno) to cushion the blow like how the announcement of Brawl's delay was cushioned by Sonic's announcement.

I'd love it if we got a double reveal (even if the second reveal was just a trailer with no gameplay footage), especially this:

...but all things considered, I seriously doubt that it will happen.

Anyway, here's hoping that Geno's revealed tomorrow and the decade-plus of waiting (possibly two decades, in some cases) finally comes to an end.
I don't think Sakurai is going to bring doom and gloom to tomorrow's reveal (not the DOOM people want to see I mean). I'm thinking he's going to just say to stay tuned for next week for the full presentation or release date for FP7

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think Sakurai is going to bring doom and gloom to tomorrow's reveal (not the DOOM people want to see I mean). I'm thinking he's going to just say to stay tuned for next week for the full presentation or release date for FP7
That's fair; I feel like it could go either way, but I just found the whole "the presentation will be three minutes long, and followed up by a brief message from Mr. Sakurai" bit to be weird, or at least unusual.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I just wanna say this before I start streaming, I'm hyped for tomorrow (if it isn't already obvious) and if we do get Geno tomorrow I will say that ill try to do REALLY well with him in tournaments. My hopes are high but I am hyping responsibly

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
So we have our reveal confirmed now... This really could be our time now. While I'm not absolutely 100% confident on it being Geno, never can be until it's actually confirmed, he is the one that I think is the most likely right now.

did someone say "lapidot shipper"??

i have a brethren!
I can’t believe it either! A fellow Lapidot Shipper!
Wow... Can I be added in on this too? Guess there's three of us here now! And also, a Marie avatar? You have some good tastes if you don't mind me saying.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
So we have our reveal confirmed now... This really could be our time now. While I'm not absolutely 100% confident on it being Geno, never can be until it's actually confirmed, he is the one that I think is the most likely right now.

Wow... Can I be added in on this too? Guess there's three of us here now! And also, a Marie avatar? You have some good tastes if you don't mind me saying.
Of course! Welcome to the club, I didn’t there were so many Lapidot Shippers in this thread! And also thank you! Marie’s really amazing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom