• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarisDreams

Smash Cadet
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to give you all the very best of wishes, in regards to Geno being revealed tomorrow! I’ve been interested in Geno for quite sometime, even more so since reading about Sakurai wanting to add him in since the Brawl days, and he does seem like he’d make such an interesting and unique character. I mean come on: a puppet possesed by a star, that can shoot bullets, and lasers, and star magic?! What’s not to love about that?!!

Really hope that tomorrow is the day, I’d be so so happy for you guys; I’m cheering and rooting for you all!

GENO FOR SMASH

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is the possible effects for the character being challenger 7
Crash Bandicoot: catching a lot of people's attention as the third challenger during the console wars between Nintendo and SEGA
Travis Touchdown: like crash and can get people interested and ready for No More Heroes 3 coming soon.
Geno: fans back towards SMRPG will be excited and others will start to become interested. Though salt might be more during the first weeks.
Master Chief or Doom Slayer: FPS genre enters and a lot of people will be excited for the father that made or built upon the genre to many games now.

Others, I think you can fill in the gap.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Take this however you want but HGV posted another one of those blurt images. Anyone’s guess to what it is. She’s 100% sure it’s related to the next character.
Lovin' the "October 8th reveal" she said was going to happen, along with that non-BOTW Zelda.

Dismiss her, she has gotten multiple things wrong and you can check her twitter as proof of this.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I mean, even if it's not Geno, the odds are extremely high for a double reveal or at least a character with cool ALTS tomorrow so it should be a great day either way, even if Murphy's Law kicks in an it's not The Day™. Plus, it's the end of one of the longest character reveal droughts in Smash history do that's groovy as well. Fun stuff.
Besides Geno, the only other character I can think of being revealed tomorrow would be Crash with Coco as an alternate, considering the new Crash game comes out this Friday.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
This would line up so wonderfully if it does end up being Geno

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

QQS

Smash Lord
3BEC8EF4-D7F6-4913-BB3A-A3C7F18D0250.jpeg

GENO ENTERS THE FRAY!

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the rate the thread is going, we'll reach 3400 pages before the reveal tomorrow morning

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm so incredibly nervous about tomorrow. I have been saying for a year now that I do believe Geno is coming and I have been saying for months that Geno is FP7, but their will always be that sliver of fear that Sakurai will pull a Nintendo and announce a Gen 8 Pokemon for Smash. I just seriously hope all this year's worth of evidence and hints weren't for nothing. Nintendo, Sakurai and Square all knows about the desire to get Geno in Smash. They can't ignore us forever.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'm thoroughly surprised that I was correct on betting towards an October announcement. What surprises me more is how barely correct I was. Wowie.

That said, I'm hopeful, but it's basically a case of 'I'll believe it when I see it'. Either way; I'm happy to at least see that we're finally getting some new content on the way, although if it does end up being Geno, that means I'll finally be able to take a break and get off the speculation train. (Which, truly, is all I really want at this point, bahaha.)

D

Deleted member

I'm so incredibly nervous about tomorrow. I have been saying for a year now that I do believe Geno is coming and I have been saying for months that Geno is FP7, but their will always be that sliver of fear that Sakurai will pull a Nintendo and announce a Gen 8 Pokemon for Smash. I just seriously hope all this year's worth of evidence and hints weren't for nothing. Nintendo, Sakurai and Square all knows about the desire to get Geno in Smash. They can't ignore us forever.
Yeah, it feels weird to be absolutely certain about Geno being CP7 for virtually the entire year, but now that we're right there on the doorstep, I'm scared to death.

I just want to get off Mr. Sakurai's wild ride.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to give you all the very best of wishes, in regards to Geno being revealed tomorrow! I’ve been interested in Geno for quite sometime, even more so since reading about Sakurai wanting to add him in since the Brawl days, and he does seem like he’d make such an interesting and unique character. I mean come on: a puppet possesed by a star, that can shoot bullets, and lasers, and star magic?! What’s not to love about that?!!

Really hope that tomorrow is the day, I’d be so so happy for you guys; I’m cheering and rooting for you all!

GENO FOR SMASH
Thanks for the well wishes, and welcome to the thread. Here's your complimentary Geno hat:
Hat time.png

Ooooohoho, this... would be great. :geno:

Isn't it funny that DYKG released this video today (no I am not insinuating that DYKG knows anything)

Oh god, really? All we need is for insiders to chime in and we're all set.

QQS

Smash Lord
F7D45923-7E7E-4E08-98F2-C9244A17CD22.jpeg

If they are going me allow to play as my favorite third parties tomorrow, the two blue boys who I play with since MEGA MAN NES and SMRPG SNES, the two of them in my favorite game of all time (Smash): where is my favorite Nintendo Hero (Link), omg, what a time to be alive. It could be like a parallel dimension. In fact, Smash already it’s. But please seal it with Geno!

Credits to artist on photo.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I just really hope its not a Corrin shill pick. I don't care if they are tied into an ad (like Crash for Crash 4, Dixie for a new DK game or Geno for SMRPG for the NSO) as they also have established fan support. I just don't want it where the ad is ALL defines their aspect (and people can actually play their game first).

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just really hope its not a Corrin shill pick. I don't care if they are tied into an ad (like Crash for Crash 4, Dixie for a new DK game or Geno for SMRPG for the NSO) as they also have established fan support. I just don't want it where the ad is ALL defines their aspect (and people can actually play their game first).
It won't be, especially not this early in the pass if there is a promotional character. FP7 needs to be a pass seller: either a highly requested fan favorite or a major 3rd party pick.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
  • Well they probably aren't going to announce a presentation for Smash only a day in advance and with Pokemon this week already I guess the doom posters were right... kinda weird they had no pinned tweet but whatever
1600279975484.png

THE ONE TIME I SUBMIT TO DOOMPOSTING, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ALSO, AAAAA LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Eyes peeled for potential hints to who it may be about six to eight hours from now via social media (Twitter, ResetEra, etc.). As for when we actually see the freakin' Smash logo click at the start of the "presentation", eyes on key visuals that may "give away" the character's identity.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I doubt we are getting more than 1 reveal though. The average time for each trailer is approximately 2:30 , with Joker being at the low end with 1:41 , and Hero being at the high end with 3:11. The tweet indicates that it'll be approximately 3 minutes long but Nintendo never really indicates anything like half a minute; they usually tend to round up.

I think it'll be the trailer to 7 followed by a brief intro to the character by Sakurai, and then more details to come later. The actual presentation will probably be 1 week from now, with the character releasing 2 weeks from now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's bold of her to assume Nintendo will even entertain the idea of Chibi Robo's existence anymore, let alone ****ing put him in Smash
hqdefault (2).jpg

Nevermind... Anyways, good things to come out of today:

-Amiibo theory is now 8 for 8, making it the most reliable predictor by far.

-A Spicy New Addition to Amiibo theory: if Amiibos don't have global release dates, there's a good chance the next character reveal will happen close to one of the two (this has now happened with Terry and 7).

-7/11 is a reliable predictor of Smash reveals. Paraspikey Paraspikey , Nazyrus Nazyrus , StarLight42 StarLight42 you were right, I was wrong. **** you.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
With a 3 minute trailer (and assuming that its JUST trailer related stuff and not Sakurai's message tied into it), the potential options are:

-a story like trailer followed by the usual clips like Hero or Terry's official trailer
-just a longer than normal trailer showing the usual character/stage stuff like Banjo-Kazooie
-just a story like trailer without the usual clips like Terry's ORIGINAL reveal (Terry's trailer ended after his splash screen without showing any gameplay clips)
-an alt costume for 7 being treated as its own character like Hero or Female Byleth
-an echo bundled with 7 (but not guaranteed to be 7's echo) like Simon/Richter or Ken/Incineroar

But we must be cautious with guesses using the time amount. The Nov 1st Direct and Terry's showcases were the longest of the Smash Direct and Sakurai Presents respectively and everyone thought it was too long not to have extra characters, only to be proven horribly wrong. Terry's stung more as it was a logical assumption that character 5 would be revealed due to the timing and how they did that exact thing with Banjo-Kazooie's showcase with Terry's reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom