• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Just saw this and found it VERY interesting. Koei Tecmo seems to have gotten the green light from Nintendo to showcase Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity AT TGS 2020 (coinciding with the news update for 9/26).

I wonder if Nintendo also gave Square Enix the green light to showcase some upcoming games to the Switch (maybe Bravely Default II and... SMRPG remake/sequel?)

EDIT: Oh, and according to the good lads of GameXplain, the showcase apparently will be of approximately 50 minutes. (O.o) (maybe 25 cause they will also be showcasing Atelyer)

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
One thing to bear in mind is that Hero and Terry were already revealed. It's safe to say that it is a lot less likely if it doesn't happen in 12 minutes as Hero and Terry are in a slightly different regard. It could still happen but I wouldn't bet on it as it seems to be pretty consistent in terms of actual announcements time, not only for Byleth and Min Min but Nintendo stuff in general

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Ahh yes, it's good to be back to Ye Ol' Geno Thread that I'm used to. Give me a moment while I prepare for this post.

Okay, so first and foremost, let me explain why both your posts fail even Debate 101 Day 2 of the class.

The first one isn't even a response with any counterpoints, merely two sentences worth of ad hominems. An ad hominem is when you attack the person you are having the discussion with rather than the point they have made, which is very much what you have done by calling me an 'atention seeling clown'. You also claim that I called Vergeben a liar, which I don't believe I ever did: I merely pointed out that he is no longer relevant in the Smash leak community because he exhausted his resources and burned all his bridges and that shortly before that he was very much wrong about most things or only jumped on board once everyone else and their mother, father and siblings already said it was happening. This isn't even limited to Smash, as he has also given out false information for other games, such as Dragon Ball FighterZ.

The second one ends on a rather weak ad hominem, but what it honestly does is that it tries to take my argument and shape it as if it is coming from someone who is upset with the characters that have gotten in to Smash and is taking it out on a leaker, despite there being no evidence that I feel any sort of way about the matter and the fact that taking it out on a leaker makes no sense as they have no control over the characters chosen. When you shape someone's argument into something that resembles what they argued but is different and debate that instead, this is called strawmanning. However, this is low quality strawmanning as you couldn't even reshape anything I said as it wasn't debateable, so rather you attempt to put up this false version of myself who just wants to ree at an irrelevant leaker because 'lol u mad ur character didn't get in, wittle baby?'

However, if you did even an ounce of reading or research before trying to get at me, you would know that mere comments ago I mentioned that I'm very much down with any character that Sakurai N' Co. can whip up because I enjoy their content and I'd rather have more than less. You would also have learned that the only character I am rooting for is Geno and he's coming soon enough and has nothing to do with Vergeben at all...other than him saying Geno was leakbait. Boy, that aged well.

If you looked back far enough, you would also see that during that time in which you were an absolute idiot if you didn't believe the Grinch Ruse, I was on the side calling it fake and going so far as to call Vergeben 'Our Lord and Savior' and a 'prophet' because he had yet to be wrong. It would been in the months to come where him swearing Minecraft content was in the base game just because his mistook the Cubivore Pig and the codename of Rathalos being 'END_DRAGON' meaning Ender Dragon and that Stealth outted him as taking information he and others already had (which was given to them by this group of insider, btw, not form his own sources at this time) and acted as if it was his own and proceeded to leak it to the masses with no concern to who's jobs may be on the line.

To address your other claims...
  1. Vergeben was one of many to come out around the same time talking about Erdrick specifically, though he mentions his sources heard that Luminary was talked about a lot as well. He never said it would be more than one, he died on the hill of 'Erdrick' which turns out to be a title shared with those who's actions save the realm rather than a unique character name. Fun fact: the Seven Square Reps list was original information gotten by someone else that he passed off as his, and then Sabi made sure someone else took the fall for letting it get out.
  2. Vergeben was VERY late to the Banjo party: Shinobi had already leaked Banjo, the NoA source that is now retired from leaking that was once share by Fatman, Sabi and myself, then Sabi...I think there were more as well, but it wasn't until after all of them that Verge spoke up at all about Banjo, and the majority of us didn't care about what he said anymore as he was already becoming irrelevant at this time.
  3. I had my friends in the Brotherhood of Shadow do some research for me, and as it turns out, Vergeben never said anything about Byleth: the only thing he leaked was the costumes mere moments before they were revealed to the public, as I mentioned already. Additionally, he was the main contributor to the mass deconfirmation list that he had to edit more than once and he was never sure who it would be at any time. So technically, you are right in the fact that he never piggybacked off anyone about Byleth, but also wrong because he never leaked Byleth. I was wrong for saying he piggybacked when it came to Byleth because no one really leaked Byleth at all. I'll admit my loss, will you? Feel free to prove me wrong about Verge leaking Byleth if you can, but burden of proof is on you currently, so bring some evidence next time if you can.

For future reference, don't come at people without more knowledge about what you are talking about. Also, if your initial response is to belittle, insult, or frame the person as someone you can't prove they are...take a step back think dwell on whether or not you should continue that approach.

You didn’t do your research then. Not trying to start an argument but Byleth was leaked by vergeben. Here’s the 2 photos. He knew about Byleth and then the other image was his source giving him the info.

Attachments

Yoro

Smash Rookie
I certainly hope everyone learned a lesson regarding trusting run-of-the-mill leakers today, especially ones who only have a recently decent streak of predictions.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Y’all are giving up? Nintendo has yet to say anything, though I suppose it could be a few more minutes or so.
I'm pretty sure that all of the tweets are scheduled in advance. They all go out at exactly the hour. So it would be weird imo to see one at like 10:15 or 10:23 or something.

That said, I see no reason why if there's going to be an announcement of a Sakurai Presents that it might not be later in the day, over the weekend, or just a dropped presentation Monday or Tuesday. I think trying to make any rhyme or reason out of their news delivery is a losing battle. =P

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They generally announce on the hour. Could be 11 but I wouldn't stake anything on it.
Yeah we still may not get anything, but I wouldn’t give up until they post something new. It’s happened before, they skip 8 or 9 AM (CST) for some reason then post something cool later.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
At least for me, i still think theres a slim possibility that in 40min something happens but if nothing happens then im calling it quits and waiting for next week

Yoro

Smash Rookie
Also let's be real: Tiffany NEVER said Smash was today. You guys just ASSUMED it was because she happened to like a certain tweet.

She said Friday was some announcement but it could easily be anything else, she does more than Nintendo leaks
This is true. After she made the initial tweet regarding announcements today she brought up Monkey Ball.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind:
I know this probably won’t affect when the announcement happens as it could still be later tonight but the presentation where we didn’t know the series OR character (Byleth) was announced on a Tuesday at 9 AM EST Daylight Savings Time (so it’d be 10 AM EST if it were announced now) and was shown on said Thursday. Also, since the only time the announcement was on a Friday for Monday was the ARMS presentation, it’s safe to say that maybe the presentation will be on a weekday next week like the other four were, I believe.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
What time specifically in the evening?
Hero's presentation was dropped my Nintendo Versus at 8PM CST, which is my TZ.

Terry was announced 7PM CST, once agian my TZ.

Y'all need to chill and stop doing the woe is me tactic so quickly.

Just wondering, how bad is the virus situation in Japan?
As far as I know they have basically recovered at this point, but that really doesn't change how delays work my dude. Just because they have recovered doesn't change the fact that dates have changed.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

As far as I know they have basically recovered at this point, but that really doesn't change how delays work my dude. Just because they have recovered doesn't change the fact that dates have changed.
Trust me, I am chill.

And I was not wondering about delays.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Even if nothing happens today, calm down.

Leakers aren't always correct nor always wrong, it's up to you to believe or not so.. Chill dudes

If you all really want Geno then we can wait a little bit more, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom