• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sincere well wishes to you and your families, I hope you've all been doing okay!

Just wanted to drop by and share a little doodle I've been working on to improve my digital hobby art. I know I've posted a few "RPG armor" designs in the past, but I think I have finally got my doodling ball rolling! :bluejump:
1595978136839.png

Well wishes again, hope we get some real news from Nintendo... eventually. :estatic:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
You know Blocked Content has officially reached a new low when he believes a 4chan post saying Fatmanonice Fatmanonice predictions for FP2 are “leaks”.
Kind of sad that he’s become the new LaxChris, especially since he used to make some good content outside of leaks. At least LaxChris has actually stopped doing fake leaks though, something I can’t say about this channel.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lol! Someone already made a mod base off the beta enemy that was find in SM64's files into Paper Mario:

For y'all that haven't seen it yet:

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
You know Blocked Content has officially reached a new low when he believes a 4chan post saying Fatmanonice Fatmanonice predictions for FP2 are “leaks”.
Kind of sad that he’s become the new LaxChris, especially since he used to make some good content outside of leaks. At least LaxChris has actually stopped doing fake leaks though, something I can’t say about this channel.
4EADFBFB-CD23-4711-BC47-BBD9D6DF754E.jpeg

Credible leaker Fatmanonice, the meme lives on. But seriously, Blocked Content is so desperate for views it’s not even funny. Even LaxChris stopped making s***ty 4chan videos, although his channel is probably dead now because of it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Since we're likely seeing a similar setup to the first pass, except for some more first parties (maybe?).

Give me 5 recommendations for how the rest of the pass will go, given these requirements:

1. 3rd party character that's more catered towards the West (ie. Banjo).
2. 3rd party character that's more catered towards Japan (ie. Hero).
3. Character that comes from a recently popular game that was decently big both in Japan and outside of it (ie. Joker).
4. 3rd party character that comes from a "niche" series with a lot of legacy. HARD MODE: Character has to bring a lot of music alongside them (ie. Terry).
5. Character from a recent first party game that would get promotional benefits (ie. Byleth) (You can "predict" future games for this).

Don't double dip on series or developers. Outside of Nintendo, duh. And try to be realistic.

My picks would be:
- Geno (Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this here.)/Waluigi/Crash
- A Tales character. Lloyd or Yuri, maybe Alphen.
- Dante/Sora
- Demi-Fiend from SMT/Adol Christin from Ys/Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
- Sylux for Metroid/Zelda for BOTW 2/Xenoblade 3 character
Honestly the way I suspect the rest of the pass is
Geno
Master Chief
Rex & Pyra
Zelda character (please be Skull Kid then)

The two left are either of one of the "dead franchises" from Nintendo that Fatman has mentioned it or I see something like Sylux. Dixie Kong or (I certainly hope not) a gen 8 Pokemon.

Yes, I don´t think we are getting as many third-party characters as everyone else is suspecting In what order they could be, I have no idea.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Skinnymannotnice strikes again! He leaked ALL of the DLC?! Are we really gonna listen to this 4chan post about what’s clearly bits of info mixed with heavy speculation being leaks without even talking to the man himself?! YES WE ARE!!!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What are the chances somebody from Smashboards made this 4chan post? I wouldn't be surprised.

T2by4

Smash Lord
>there are still 3k people watching it

who the heck is giving him the views? He goes over "leaks" every single day and none of them are ever right. Lmfao
FB_IMG_1595783615422.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Sakurai: "7 is done at this point, we could just do another pres-"
Nintendo: "NOOOOO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF SECRETS AND HYPE???? IF WE REVEAL 7 AT ALL, THEY'LL BE SO DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT WON'T BE A SECRET ANYMORE. YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO LEAK STUFF"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sakurai: "7 is done at this point, we could just do another pres-"
Nintendo: "NOOOOO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF SECRETS AND HYPE???? IF WE REVEAL 7 AT ALL, THEY'LL BE SO DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE IT WON'T BE A SECRET ANYMORE. YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO LEAK STUFF"
Nintendo's response to the fans after hackers hacking into their servers and dumping all these source codes and beta content:

We are being punished for the sins of the hackers. That's why we ain't getting a Direct in August.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Haven’t seen anyone mention it yet, but Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, just said this on Twitter:

As someone who finds Gravity Falls to be one of the best cartoons ever made, this happening would be a match made in heaven. I think his brand of comedy would translate really well into the wackier elements of the original SMRPG script.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Haven’t seen anyone mention it yet, but Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, just said this on Twitter:

As someone who finds Gravity Falls to be one of the best cartoons ever made, this happening would be a match made in heaven. I think his brand of comedy would translate really well into the wackier elements of the original SMRPG script.
It would be amazing to see the SMRPG cast in the Gravity Falls art style.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Since we're likely seeing a similar setup to the first pass, except for some more first parties (maybe?).

Give me 5 recommendations for how the rest of the pass will go, given these requirements:

3. Character that comes from a recently popular game that was decently big both in Japan and outside of it (ie. Joker).
4. 3rd party character that comes from a "niche" series with a lot of legacy. HARD MODE: Character has to bring a lot of music alongside them (ie. Terry).
5. Character from a recent first party game that would get promotional benefits (ie. Byleth) (You can "predict" future games for this).

Don't double dip on series or developers. Outside of Nintendo, duh. And try to be realistic.

My picks would be:
- Geno (Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this here.)/Waluigi/Crash
- A Tales character. Lloyd or Yuri, maybe Alphen.
- Dante/Sora
- Demi-Fiend from SMT/Adol Christin from Ys/Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
- Sylux for Metroid/Zelda for BOTW 2/Xenoblade 3 character
1. Geno would obviously be my preference, but could also see and would like Crash, Rayman, Master Chief, or Doomguy
2. Obviously Magnemite :ultpacman:no I was thinking Yuri or Reimu
3. Not too sure here I guess Dante or Sora make sense
4 . Ryu Hayabusa or Scorpion or Reimu could fit here
5. Zelda rep or Sylux or Rex or Dixie

If I had my choice we would get Geno, don't care about the second one, Sora, Scorpion, and Zelda rep

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

That would be an amazing mix so to speak.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It really is sad. They have been faking giveaways for the past year or so with said giveaway rewards being incredibly useless things like plushies and such which would pretty much only appeal to the younger viewers who are more prone to fall for it. 7 ads in the video too. And now this, putting the limelight on someone who I'm not even sure wants it placed on them and knowing full well said user will gain more traction due to.The countless people who will know be aware of them due to the video.

Why can't they just do the codecs again, they actually gained them views and were actually good instead of the unscripted messes with powerpoints blurring on.I'm the background which are what consists of a video that has less overall effort out into it then the actual thumbnails for them.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Congrats Fatman, you made it :p
It really is sad. They have been faking giveaways for the past year or so with said giveaway rewards being incredibly useless things like plushies and such which would pretty much only appeal to the younger viewers who are more prone to fall for it. 7 ads in the video too. And now this, putting the limelight on someone who I'm not even sure wants it placed on them and knowing full well said user will gain more traction due to.The countless people who will know be aware of them due to the video.

Why can't they just do the codecs again, they actually gained them views and were actually good instead of the unscripted messes with powerpoints blurring on.I'm the background which are what consists of a video that has less overall effort out into it then the actual thumbnails for them.
My guess is that someone else was making those videos. Or at least he had help from someone but can’t get it anymore. I think the codecs and animations were a strategy to build up a fanbase and then immediately start pumping low quality content to get ad revenue.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
"Credible Smash Leak" just gives it away. I could make a fake leak on 4chan and have it be covered by Blocked Content.
Besides one of the comments on the video is exactly how I feel; it's just too predictable. It's like some of the most speculated characters all in one go, when Sakurai/Nintendo like to be unpredictable. It's literally just Fatman's wishlist/prediction list passed off as a leak, but there is no way we are getting all of those characters (maybe 1-2).

And don't get me started on bonus's/semiclones when they aren't happening.

And lol at Ratchet, 2B, and Arle all being mii costumes. Sounds like the "fake leak" wanted to start a bloodbath since all these characters (except for Ratchet) being highly requested. Arle has been a huge request in Japan since Smash 4, 2B has been big since her game released, and Ratchet is owned by Sony (who is he going to come with, Crash?). They're either getting in as full blown fighters, or they aren't getting in at all; except for maybe Arle but even then that's pushing it (Puyo Puyo is huge in Japan).

Blocked Content should just stop.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Its unfortunate what his channel has come to. He used to make top tier videos back in the day and they were very interesting to watch. Nowadays, he is basically LaxChris 2.0 and will do anything for views. He also pulls fake giveaways because he knows his gullible subscribers will fall for them. I've honestly considered unsubbing from him.

Also, anyone who has covered that god forsaken Toad leak back before E3 last year doesn't even earn my RESPECT.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys 30 minutes before the tweet, what could it be? A tournament? A spirit board with base game spirts or with new ones?
If it's a spirit board event with another Square property, it'll basically be a full admission FP7 is going to be a Square character

D

Deleted member

"Credible Smash Leak" just gives it away. I could make a fake leak on 4chan and have it be covered by Blocked Content.
Besides one of the comments on the video is exactly how I feel; it's just too predictable. It's like some of the most speculated characters all in one go, when Sakurai/Nintendo like to be unpredictable. It's literally just Fatman's wishlist/prediction list passed off as a leak, but there is no way we are getting all of those characters (maybe 1-2).

And don't get me started on bonus's/semiclones when they aren't happening.

And lol at Ratchet, 2B, and Arle all being mii costumes. Sounds like the "fake leak" wanted to start a bloodbath since all these characters (except for Ratchet) being highly requested. Arle has been a huge request in Japan since Smash 4, 2B has been big since her game released, and Ratchet is owned by Sony (who is he going to come with, Crash?). They're either getting in as full blown fighters, or they aren't getting in at all; except for maybe Arle but even then that's pushing it (Puyo Puyo is huge in Japan).

Blocked Content should just stop.
I agree but to be fair, being a popular request isn’t going to stop some characters being Mii costumes. There are Sans, Geno, Isaac, Rex, K. Rool, and Lloyd. If these guys ended up as costumes, so can Arle and 2B. Mii costumes and assist trophies are essentially treated as consolation prizes if a character isn’t in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I always crack a smile when I see the Popeye face in a thumbnail. "You're a leaker because you have insider info!" Not really... I fill in gaps and theorycraft based on the bits and pieces I've heard. I'm a custodian in real life so pretty far down the line in Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Like I said months ago, it's detective work more than anything else because, ironically, nobody flat out tells me certain characters are happening and none of my contacts have hard guesses towards anyone aside from like... Crash, honestly.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Its unfortunate what his channel has come to. He used to make top tier videos back in the day and they were very interesting to watch. Nowadays, he is basically LaxChris 2.0 and will do anything for views. He also pulls fake giveaways because he knows his gullible subscribers will fall for them. I've honestly considered unsubbing from him.

Also, anyone who has covered that god forsaken Toad leak back before E3 last year doesn't even earn my RESPECT.
I just saw The toad leak and I noticed that was obviously fake, the delphino plaza, samus, peach, toad and the blaster. Neither of these look like a Nintendo Styled cutscene and the Ice Climbers render in the gameplay was obviously Brawl

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I wouldnt let Bill near Geno tbh. Sounds like asking for trouble.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

1.) Geno. Despite me not really buying into the whole “there’s evidence!”, I do still think he has a good shot. He’s perhaps not as West as Crash though, so I could also see Crash fitting this.
2.) This is the one I’m least confident on, but if we’re considering some big third parties, I’m going with Sega and Arle. I know she hasn’t been talked about until recently, but looking at polls for JP, she’s always been up there. And I like Puyo Puyo.
3.) We’ll go Capcom, so Dante or Monster Hunter. Both series I think do pretty well both places.
4.) Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin (Namco). There’s like a dozen+ arcade games, multiple home releases on every platform, and there’s plenty of Namco original music.
5.) Heck, I’m sticking with Waluigi. It’d be a funny pick. As to what he’s promoting, I dunno, a new Mario Kart? Haha.

Sure, a couple are bandwagon picks, but I could realistically see them happening.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'll bet the next Direct is another partner showcase with bigger 3rd party developers like Bethesda and Platinum. So no Smash character AGAIN.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Frankly I'm just shocked Blocked Content even still exists, like...how? How do you make SEMI-DAILY 10+ MINUTE VIDEOS on nothing but blatantly fake 4chan leaks FOR A OVER A YEAR and not drive yourself insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom