• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wait...the Papa Genos Discord? The same one where the majority are Anti Geno? Or am I misremembering this? Either way, let's hope "Edge Lord" is not in that camp.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Why are we believing random people on twitter again? Seriously, can we atleast wait until we actually figure out who the person is before listening to them, especially when what they are saying can easily be taken as just trying to pander to certain fanbases?

Oh, right, I guess the Xbox thing is tomorrow. I'm sure we all know the drill, *watch the presentation, be unsuprised when 343 messes up Halo again and be more suprised that people thought they wouldn't after messing up literally everything Halo related in the last decade, get legitimately excited for some games but remember they're all coming to PC anyway so why buy an Xbox, be disappointed at no Banjo, and get frustrated at Nintendo for refusing any kind of communication when their rivals are doing giant digital showcases*. You know, the usual.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Oh, right, the Xbox thing is tomorrow. I'm sure we all know the drill, *watch the presentation, be unsuprised when 343 messes up Halo again and be more suprised that people thought they wouldn't after messing up literally everything Halo related in the last decade, get legitimately excited for some games but remember they're all coming to PC anyway so why buy an Xbox, be disappointed at no Banjo, and get frustrated at Nintendo for refusing any kind of communication when their rivals are doing giant digital showcases*. You know, the usual.
Okay but like, Phil Spencer can have my wallet if I see even an OUNCE of Banjo content.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Why are we believing random people on twitter again? Seriously, can we atleast wait until we actually figure out who the person is before listening to them, especially when what they are saying can easily be taken as just trying to pander to certain fanbases?
According to Enigma735 Enigma735 and 7NATOR 7NATOR he's a regular in the PapaGenos Discord, so make of that what you will.
Wow what a coincidence. I just messaged him today as a matter of fact, to see whether his sources were reliable. He told me he didn't want me to put the DM's on here, but long story short, these sources are trustworthy and we should definitely see what they say in the near future. Geno's chances have seriously never been better.
Apprantly he's from the PapaGenos Discord. He himself isn't a leaker, but he gets info from people that do leaking. He tries very hard to do so. Can't get mad at that, as he's a fellow Shadow Brother

Oh, right, I guess the Xbox thing is tomorrow. I'm sure we all know the drill, *watch the presentation, be unsuprised when 343 messes up Halo again and be more suprised that people thought they wouldn't after messing up literally everything Halo related in the last decade, get legitimately excited for some games but remember they're all coming to PC anyway so why buy an Xbox, be disappointed at no Banjo, and get frustrated at Nintendo for refusing any kind of communication when their rivals are doing giant digital showcases*. You know, the usual.
I'm not expecting to see Banjo in this presentation, but I'm lowkey hoping we do. Also, regarding Halo Infinite, from what I've heard there were leaks that state that it'll be open world and sprinting will be gone.
HaloLeaker.png

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Wow what a coincidence. I just messaged him today as a matter of fact, to see whether his sources were reliable. He told me he didn't want me to put the DM's on here, but long story short, these sources are trustworthy and we should definitely see what they say in the near future. Geno's chances have seriously never been better.
A fellow Shadow ally possibly having credible info? Very interesting indeed. I'm unsure how trustworthy this guy is though. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think of this guy? And I mean regardless whether he is credible or not, Geno is in and no one can convince me that those insiders talking up Super Mario RPG the other night was just for giggles.

...also, I'm surprised no one went to this guy's Twitter to check what else he's said. Because, lads, I found something
20200722_232849.jpg

If this is true... this is what we call an epic gamer moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Just kidding, this would make so many people so mad. Though if Jonesy was just a Mii costume, I'd probably just laugh a lot.)

pinshadow

Smash Lord
According to Enigma735 Enigma735 and 7NATOR 7NATOR he's a regular in the PapaGenos Discord, so make of that what you will.

I'm not expecting to see Banjo in this presentation, but I'm lowkey hoping we do. Also, regarding Halo Infinite, from what I've heard there were leaks that state that it'll be open world and sprinting will be gone.
View attachment 279820
Again, random dude who won't even show the DM's? Can we wait until someone we actually trust talks to him before listening?

T2by4

Smash Lord
A fellow Shadow ally possibly having credible info? Very interesting indeed. I'm unsure how trustworthy this guy is though. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think of this guy? And I mean regardless whether he is credible or not, Geno is in and no one can convince me that those insiders talking up Super Mario RPG the other night was just for giggles.

...also, I'm surprised no one went to this guy's Twitter to check what else he's said. Because, lads, I found something
View attachment 279818

If this is true... this is what we call an epic gamer moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Just kidding, this would make so many people so mad. Though if Jonesy was just a Mii costume, I'd probably just laugh a lot.)
What concerns me is that I can't think of any way of making of a mii costume look good for jonesy, so much so that if that's true it'd make more sense for him to be playable. Which, uh... yeah... No thanks.

D

Deleted member

Again, random dude who won't even show the DM's? Can we wait until someone we actually trust talks to him before listening?
Yeah, we need someone like Fatman or PapaGenos to verify if he is indeed legit. If he refuse to show his DMs to anybody including them, it feels like another “Dude, trust me” situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

For me, if Geno gets in, it doesn't matter if he's low or high tier, I'm maining him

Either way I'm positive he'd be fun to play, especially to see how his SMRPG moves translate to Smash

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don't see a problem with latching onto this before we've got full confirmation. It could be wrong, but it doesn't quite seem like an obvious troll, so I think it's worth sparing a thought, at least.

I'm personally gonna find it hilarious if Shadow's sources are legit and one of the first (or was it the first?) doodles I ever made for you guys turns out to have been prophetic.
geno and shadow.png

StarLight42

Smash Lord
as for Shadowedgy, he seems to be a guy who likes to take stuff people tell him and sort of present it as his own info. But who knows if said info is actually coming from a former Sabi Squad-based user who may have connections.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't see a problem with latching onto this before we've got full confirmation. It could be wrong, but it doesn't quite seem like an obvious troll, so I think it's worth sparing a thought, at least.

I'm personally gonna find it hilarious if Shadow's sources are legit and one of the first (or was it the first?) doodles I ever made for you guys turns out to have been prophetic.
View attachment 279821
Trust me, It's gonna be even more Prophetic than just Shadowedgy having sources

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
What do you mean long story short?! Are his sources credible or not? What did he tell you and what did he share?

Trust me, It's gonna be even more Prophetic than just Shadowedgy having sources
Explain!! o.o

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
so we´re gonna trust insiders with no track record?
Don´t think it´s a good idea.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It´s been a slow day, and a lot of leakers and insiders are gonna make their bones tomorrow with the xbox conference. I doubt that the Nintendo Direct is gonna be every week, probably every two or three weeks. and that is if we´re lucky. I doubt the Mini´s feedback isn´t gonna be taken into account. Two videos of Nintendo this year had massive negative reaction. Then again, Nintendo´s main trait is being a STUBBORN company.

Last edited:

cheeseseatbelt

Smash Cadet
I just had a thought only 3 am me would have... correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Fatman say something about how some things in the rumored direct would link up with the Microsoft presentation? I feel like if they were to announce a new banjo kazooie, they would hint at it in Nintendo's presentation and Microsoft would be the ones to actually reveal it. now remember that that rumored direct was supposed to take place instead of that mini, so then Microsoft's presentation wouldn't be far off. this, combined with the refreshed patents, leads me to believe that something will happen with banjo tomorrow...
just a theory though.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
What about a Diddy Kong Racing Remake. It was also Banjo first game after all. It was so much fun back in those days. Good memories with my friends playing SNES and 64 being kids. From that era Geno, Mega Man and some others grew up very strong on me. Can’t wait for the official day when Geno gets revealed as a playable character. It’s happening but we have to wait a few more weeks.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I don't think Papa discussed about him in one of his videos, but as 7NATOR 7NATOR said, he is apparently in PapaGenos's Discord so the possibility of him being a sham is far less likely due to that, since I doubt he would wanna give false hope to a character that is wanted by an entire Discord server that he is in.
Yeeeh... about that bit, i just want to mention that from what ive seen, the people in the papagenos discord dont all want geno, ive seen a lot of geno hate over there.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Imagine expecting modern Rare to do anything cool.
I gotta disagree with your sentiment. Sea of Thieves is in my top 10 games of all time. I'll concede that the style of game doesn't translate mechanically to a potential new banjo & kazooie. But their work ethic, balancing of player feedback and dev priority for updates, and continuous refinement of the game has made me a fan of the modern studio.

Griselda

Smash Lord
You know how Mega Man explodes into balls of light like in his games when he's defeated? I want Geno to blow up into the star pattern with a coin that appears when you defeat an enemy in SMRPG.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Yeeeh... about that bit, i just want to mention that from what ive seen, the people in the papagenos discord dont all want geno, ive seen a lot of geno hate over there.
What can you expect? I mean, he's a smash news source first and a Geno fan second. Doesn't mean that most of us there don't want him :)

QQS

Smash Lord
You know how Mega Man explodes into balls of light like in his games when he's defeated? I want Geno to blow up into the star pattern with a coin that appears when you defeat an enemy in SMRPG.
Thats the first thing I have never seen discussed here in a while! Pretty sure Sakurai will do an amazing job with Geno, like he does always. The amount of love given to Mega Man was amazing. Geno will have something like him. (I talk about Mega Man cause it’s my other favorite ever; but the amount of love showed to other characters is also insane, just look the design and moveset of Banjo for example, so good).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a question, Yesterday you said that based on the Polish leak that suggests that in September we will see Mario and Final Fantasy amiibos re-released, that Mario's anniversary is September 13 and that as Hero's amiibo comes out in September you feel that Geno will be next and that to Maximize Mario's anniversary they will also release Waluigi as Bonus and that based on the fact that we will very likely see Terry and Banjo's amiibos in November (the same month as the launch of Series X) you feel that the 8th will be Master Chief and that Nintendo It will release a new DK (based on the fact that both DKC and STM made it to NSO) and they would use Dixie as a bonus to promote it. Ok, there will be 3 characters (what do you think will be Crash, Dante and Lloyd) and possibly 2 bonuses in case the 16 slots are filled. Knowing that the batch of Spring amiibos are possibly only the 2 versions of Byleth, do you think it will be an Anime Swordie therefore you feel it will be Lloyd, today I had a theory based on this. What if with CP9 we have a Bonus that will be another Swordman like Rex or Isaac? What do you think, do you see it as viable or do you think it would be strange to have 3 bonuses in a row?
My current thoughts are basically this:

-As I showed the other day, certain Smash Amiibo have not been rereleased yet for some strange reason: Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Ryu, Corrin, Villager, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, Falco, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, the Miis, Kirby, DK, and Diddy. My theory is that these Amiibo will potentially be tied to future games and/or Smash characters.

-My current theory is that bonus characters will be used to advertise upcoming games and many of these Amiibo are probably tied to future games. The ones not likely to be tied to future releases, in my opinion, are Yoshi (2019 game), Corrin (2019 game), Villager (2020 game), the retro characters, Ryu, and Falco based on things I've heard. This leaves Luigi, Peach, Ness, Lucas, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Kirby, DK, and Diddy.

-From here, I eliminate the characters that already have direct echoes or Semi clones or are echoes themselves leaving: Luigi, Lucas, Palutena, Kirby, DK, and Diddy. I also remove the Miis because the are customizable and likely won't even have echoes/semi clones.

-The remaining list is the "pool" of characters that would theoretically have semi clones as bonus characters if my theory is correct. Based on this, the series that are in play are: Mario, Mother, Kid Icarus, Kirby, and DK. Because of the four remaining dummy slots following the addition of all the Season 2 characters, one of these categories will not be applicable.

-It's already been leaked that Ryu and Luigi will be rereleasing in September. This tests the theory that, if bonus characters were to come into play, the very first one would be a semi clone of Luigi and, of course, be a part of the Mario series.

-The reason why I think 7, 8, 10, and 11 could have bonus characters is because I think 9 will be a Namco rep. Because Namco was so heavily involved in the development of Smash, I imagine Nintendo would be perfectly fine with them having their own pack.

-Looking at this, I've come to realize that this theory leaves the two main companies that have heavily helped with Smash since Smash 4 aside from Nintendo and Namco: HAL and Sora. Based on this, my current theory is that not only will 10 and 11 have bonus characters but they will be semi clones of Palutena (Sora) and Kirby (HAL) respectively. This also potentially suggests that we may potentially be seeing new games relating to these characters starting next spring, at least based on this model anyways.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

-As I showed the other day, certain Smash Amiibo have not been rereleased yet for some strange reason: Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Ryu, Corrin, Villager, Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, Falco, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, the Miis, Kirby, DK, and Diddy. My theory is that these Amiibo will potentially be tied to future games and/or Smash characters.

-My current theory is that bonus characters will be used to advertise upcoming games and many of these Amiibo are probably tied to future games. The ones not likely to be tied to future releases, in my opinion, are Yoshi (2019 game), Corrin (2019 game), Villager (2020 game), the retro characters, Ryu, and Falco based on things I've heard. This leaves Luigi, Peach, Ness, Lucas, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Kirby, DK, and Diddy.

-From here, I eliminate the characters that already have direct echoes or Semi clones or are echoes themselves leaving: Luigi, Lucas, Palutena, Kirby, DK, and Diddy. I also remove the Miis because the are customizable and likely won't even have echoes/semi clones.

-The remaining list is the "pool" of characters that would theoretically have semi clones as bonus characters if my theory is correct. Based on this, the series that are in play are: Mario, Mother, Kid Icarus, Kirby, and DK. Because of the four remaining dummy slots following the addition of all the Season 2 characters, one of these categories will not be applicable.

-It's already been leaked that Ryu and Luigi will be rereleasing in September. This tests the theory that, if bonus characters were to come into play, the very first one would be a semi clone of Luigi and, of course, be a part of the Mario series.

-The reason why I think 7, 8, 10, and 11 could have bonus characters is because I think 9 will be a Namco rep. Because Namco was so heavily involved in the development of Smash, I imagine Nintendo would be perfectly fine with them having their own pack.

-Looking at this, I've come to realize that this theory leaves the two main companies that have heavily helped with Smash since Smash 4 aside from Nintendo and Namco: HAL and Sora. Based on this, my current theory is that not only will 10 and 11 have bonus characters but they will be semi clones of Palutena (Sora) and Kirby (HAL) respectively. This also potentially suggests that we may potentially be seeing new games relating to these characters starting next spring, at least based on this model anyways.
but who could these bonus characters be?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
but who could these bonus characters be?
Based on things I've heard and my own theorycraft, these are my current predictions:

-Waluigi (semi clone of Luigi, 35th Super Mario anniversary)

-Dixie (semi clone of Diddy, promotes upcoming DK game, 40th anniversary of DK)

-Medusa (semi clone of Palutena, promotes upcoming Kid Icarus game(?), Sora rep)

-Lolo/Lala (semi clone of Kirby, promotes upcoming Kirby game (?), HAL rep, technically part of HAL's 40th anniversary)

Another part of my theorycraft is that they would be paired with Geno, Chief, Dante, and Crash respectively.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Based on things I've heard and my own theorycraft, these are my current predictions:

-Waluigi (semi clone of Luigi, 35th Super Mario anniversary)

-Dixie (semi clone of Diddy, promotes upcoming DK game, 40th anniversary of DK)

-Medusa (semi clone of Palutena, promotes upcoming Kid Icarus game(?), Sora rep)

-Lolo/Lala (semi clone of Kirby, promotes upcoming Kirby game (?), HAL rep, technically part of HAL's 40th anniversary)

Another part of my theorycraft is that they would be paired with Geno, Chief, Dante, and Crash respectively.
So Sakurai is working on main pack's but potentially bonus characters in said packs if true that'd be awesome I see Medusa and Dixie as win win

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another thing I wanted to share with you all is that today is Mii Costume Guy's final test. Three of his four "secret" Mii costumes have had official announcements this year, one in the Spring and two this summer, leaving the Microsoft one. If the game/franchise appears today, it's GG. There's no doubt in my mind after that the Mallow and Smithy Mii costumes are real too and I'll let you guys know, of course.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Another thing I wanted to share with you all is that today is Mii Costume Guy's final test. Three of his four "secret" Mii costumes have had official announcements this year, one in the Spring and two this summer, leaving the Microsoft one. If the game/franchise appears today, it's GG. There's no doubt in my mind after that the Mallow and Smithy Mii costumes are real too and I'll let you guys know, of course.
Wait what? What game/franchise should we look out for during the xbox thing?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

Obviously I hope you're right about this, I really do, but being 6 months into Fighters Pass 2 and only having 1 character released (or even announced) is a bit of a hard sell to believe they'll be making 5 FP + 4 Bonus (9 characters) in the next 18 months, even if they're semi clones. By the Star Road I hope I'm wrong and you're right, partially because I totally dig the characters in your list, but I'm going to take the safe route and plan for exactly 5 more characters. Now, if they announce even 1 bonus character, I'll buy into your whole theory, but I gotta play it based on what we've seen so far.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok, the secret microsoft mii is a BK mii. So if we got something BK related today, we can confirm that all the miis on the list are true
He said non-bear Rare franchise, so it wouldn't be Banjo-Kazooie.

I don't think a separate game announcement/trailer would mean that the franchise in question is necessarily going to be getting a Smash Bros. Mii costume, though - we know that a new Battletoads game is being made, for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom