• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
And yes I agree, Master Chief makes the most sense for selling systems. I just mean Steve still makes sense if they want to keep pushing and celebrating Minecraft and include it with Steve as a fighter in Smash, the biggest videogame crossover (Steve and Minecraft itself also have a lot of fans who would love this like other fan picks), but of course Microsoft may want Chief so they can have better hopes of setting up shop in Japan with more than just Minecraft, and they may have only allowed Banjo in first because of us fans - however, this all depends on what Nintendo wants.
And concidering Microsoft clearly wants to push it in Japan (to the point that they might colab with Sega on that regard) Master Chief is going to be the character... and having Microsofts mascot would also a pretty big deal in terms of videogame celebration so it would be a "two in one moment"

And just because Nintendo "wants" something, doesn´t always mean that they will get it. Microsoft can say "you get MC as the character and Steve as the costume, not the other way around"... Nintendo isn´t exactly someone that can walk in and say "we want to use your character and you don´t have anything to say about it"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And concidering Microsoft clearly wants to push it in Japan (to the point that they might colab with Sega on that regard) Master Chief is going to be the character... and having Microsofts mascot would also a pretty big deal in terms of videogame celebration so it would be a "two in one moment"

And just because Nintendo "wants" something, doesn´t always mean that they will get it. Microsoft can say "you get MC as the character and Steve as the costume, not the other way around"... Nintendo isn´t exactly someone that can walk in and say "we want to use your character and you don´t have anything to say about it"
I just figured they would be extremely unlikely to say no to Steve as the fighter if Nintendo wants him and won’t take any other offer.

And Minecraft in Smash with Steve as a fighter would also be a big deal for a crossover focusing on videogame celebration. It’s already feeling strange that they’ve neglected it even if they would only have spirits for it - nothing at all would be very disappointing imo.

But anyway, I suppose we are going too far off-topic...so, while I can see Chief getting in, there’s absolutely nothing going against Steve’s chances either besides the possibility of Chief or another character instead.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I just figured they would be extremely unlikely to say no to Steve as the fighter if Nintendo wants him and won’t take any other offer.

And Minecraft in Smash with Steve as a fighter would also be a big deal for a crossover focusing on videogame celebration. It’s already feeling strange that they’ve neglected it even if they would only have spirits for it - nothing at all would be very disappointing imo.

But anyway, I suppose we are going too far off-topic...so, while I can see Chief getting in, there’s absolutely nothing going against Steve’s chances either besides the possibility of Chief or another character instead.
Just to be clear before I continue. I have no race in the hole "MC vs Steve" thing... Both could get in for all I care. But concidering Microsoft wants to push Xbox in Japan, this is without a doubt a Dragon Quest vs Geno, with Steve likelier ending up as a costume

Last edited:

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I find a post which tries to predict when we may get the next reveal with the stuff of the tag in the page but is in spanish but my native language is spanish so i will translate it:
EdfLhODWkAAVvrq.jpeg

*Between the 23th and 24th of August-Nintendo Direct of September 13th: Isabelle ( Within 21 days)
*October 2nd-Smash Direct November 1st: Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant (Within a Month)
*August 2nd 2019-Nintendo Direct September 4th: Terry (Within a Month and 2 days)
*July 13th 2020-????: (Within ?????)
Conclusion: Each time the New tag is removed, a new character is revealed within 20 days to a month, so the next character should be announced between August 2 and August 15.

Pd: remember that on the 27th and the 3rd there is maintenance therefore, if this is real, on the 27th there would be a Partner Showcase and on the 3rd either a "Mr Sakurai Presents ???" as with Byleth or a general direct

MattX20

Smash Hero
I find a post which tries to predict when we may get the next reveal with the stuff of the tag in the page but is in spanish but my native language is spanish so i will translate it:
View attachment 279639
*Between the 23th and 24th of August-Nintendo Direct of September 13th: Isabelle ( Within 21 days)
*October 2nd-Smash Direct November 1st: Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant (Within a Month)
*August 2nd 2019-Nintendo Direct September 4th: Terry (Within a Month and 2 days)
Conclusion: Each time the New tag is removed, a new character is revealed within 20 days to a month, so the next character should be announced between August 2 and August 15.

Pd: remember that on the 27th and the 3rd there is maintenance therefore, if this is real, on the 27th there would be a Partner Showcase and on the 3rd either a "Mr Sakurai Presents ???" as with Byleth or a general direct
I think Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was looking for this information earlier. This will be a big help

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Master Chief is the mascot. Steve is definitely one of the most recognizable characters, but I would say most don't see him as a Microsoft character, but a Mojang character. He's on everything, not just the Xbox. Chief is only Microsoft(Xbox and PC, plus more if you count the Minecraft skin), and you can't see him without thinking Xbox. If the goal is to advertise in Japan, then he is the way to go.

Aa for Banjo/Kazooie? Nintendo wanted them. Microsoft seemed to have been pretty easy to work with, and have been friendlier in other aspects as well. I could def see this as a "here are the bear and the bird, but how about Spartan 117 next?" Plus, Banjo/Kazooie didn't push Xbox in Japan(other than Sakurai's video). They pretty much just reminded us of how awesome Rare was.

I would love to see Chief(ready for the Xbox show on Thursday!!!), but Geno too? That is my wish. Maybe you will see it on Star Hill.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Each DLC Spirit Board has had exactly one Legend spirit, and each of them has a unique skill not available on any other spirits (even if some of them are technically upgraded versions of other skills). For Geno, who do you think the Legend spirit would be, and what do you think the skill might be?

(I'm thinking the spirit would be Smithy, with a "Critical Super Armor" skill. MAYBE Exor, but I have no idea what the skill might be for him.)

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure it would have made more marketing sense for Ubisoft to get Altair/Ezio as a Fighter in Smash; or for Capcom to get a Resident Evil fighter rather than just spirits. But companies don't necessarily get to decide what Nintendo wants and unexpected things happen, I mean if you told me a year ago that we would end up getting RE spirits, but no fighter and AC would end up in Smash... as a mii costume, I wouldn't really believe it.

Also at this point Minecraft isn't really indie, sure it started out as an indie game but by now it's spent half of it's life in Microsoft's care; not to mention all the spin-offs were developed under Microsoft as well. I wouldn't really qualify it as an indie series now, it has the backing of a multibillion dollar company.

Sure, it is Xbox's Mario but at the same time; if they really saw Master Chief as a must for Xbox, he would have gotten in over Banjo in FP1. On top of that Fallout and Assassin's Creed are also huge Western IP's, but they got represented in a way that's separate from a fighter. Something like MCC can come to the Switch without necessarily getting a fighter in Smash. MCC and Master Chief in Smash always get paired up together as if MCC means that Master Chief is practically confirmed in Smash. But that's not really... true?
We can get a huge moment like Halo on Switch, but have nothing from Halo in Smash.

And I'm pretty sure people are thinking that I think Master Chief is impossible. When I really am not, me saying Chief is unlikely doesn't really mean that I think Chief is absolutely not going to get in; I'd say Terry, Byleth, and Joker would also be considered "unlikely" to me back in FP 1. They all got in.

By unlikely I mean that I don't personally expect them to get in, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. I really only see 3 "Western" possibilities and it's Crash, Steve, and Master Chief; but like I've said before, I think if they were to pander to the West it's more likely to be Crash compared to the other 2 (but it's not impossible to get 2 of them).
While I do think MCC on Switch doesn't necessarily mean Chief is in 100%, I do think it helps him. While I do think other western franchises like AC is big, I would argue Halo is definitely one of the biggest ones, and them showing up to Smash would make a big splash because they're from a competitors console. I think we may just have to agree and disagree here though. This is the Geno thread so it's probably best to kinda swing back on topic

I do agree with you on Crash though. I do think he is probably the most likely western character

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No one: ...

Literally no one: ...

Not a single soul: ...

200.gif

So, about the concept of bonus/promotional characters... I'm thinking about the Amiibo thing we were talking about earlier. Joker and Hero are coming together in September, Banjo and Terry are likely coming together in November, and then, because of the six month gap between Byleth and Min-Min, Byleth will probably be the male and female versions like Corrin was. I just want to focus on this front half so I'm not overly concerned with 10 or 11 in this bit of theorycraft.

A quick history on promotional characters:

Roy- Fire Emblem: the Binding Blade came out a little more than three months after Melee released.

Corrin: Fire Emblem: Fates North American release was the same month that Corrin came to Smash 4.

Byleth: Fire Emblem: Three Houses DLC came out about two weeks after Byleth came to Ultimate.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program:

Obviously, 7 is the first opportunity for the concept of promotional/bonus characters to come up. We already know that 7 is coming in September thanks to Amiibo theory. September is also the 35th Mario anniversary. As we've talked about in the past, a vast majority of third party characters are promotional themselves or commerate some kind of anniversary. Under this string of thought, it potentially suggests not one but two Mario characters in September. As I've talked about before, Waluigi and Geno make the most sense to me with Waluigi being the promotional character and Geno being 77 and pack 7.

Fast forward to November. Earlier we talked about how the X Box Series X was releasing in November and how releasing Chief during this time would make logical sense, especially with the Banjo Amiibo. But wait... Isn't this super heavy handed advertising to a competitor? Exactly so Nintendo would likely want to balance this out. This is where the hypothetical promotional character comes in. This character would likely be used to promote Nintendo's big upcoming holiday game. As I said the other day, I think it's going to be DK related and, honestly, Dixie would fit this bill pretty well.

Now for the current stopping point, Byleth in probably December or January. Thanks to Imran Khan, we know that Byleth was supposed to be a December 2019 announcement that was delayed for some unknown reason. Based on this, another December announcement (or even release) is totally possible this year. If the new Amiibo release is only one character (both versions of Byleth), I feel this potentially suggests 9 wouldn't have a bonus/promotional character. Because Nintendo already has had it's own pack this Season with Min Min, this suggests to me that this is a Namco rep. Coincidentally, Byleth is a medieval fantasy RPG swordsman and the most likely Namco rep is one too: Lloyd. Beyond this, December is the 25th anniversary of Tales, making it an ideal time to release him.

As of right now, my other predictions for the rest of the pass are, of course, Dante and Crash. If Nintendo were to fill the full four hypothetical remaining dummy slots, this would suggest that both would have a prrrrrrromotionial Nintendo character tied to them as well but I don't think there's enough clues just yet to suggest who they may be or with who. Like I covered the other day, the other three franchises that would potentially have promotional characters under this model are Mother, Kid Icarus, and Kirby but, without more information, we're kind of stuck until Nintendo gets off its ass and actually announces their future plans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just to be clear before I continue. I have no race in the hole "MC vs Steve" thing... Both could get in for all I care. But concidering Microsoft wants to push Xbox in Japan, this is without a doubt a Dragon Quest vs Geno, with Steve likelier ending up as a costume
Alright then, but I still don’t see Microsoft saying no if Nintendo wants Steve and no one else. They didn’t prioritize either over Banjo, and they let Rare approach Nintendo (Craig Duncan met with them at E3 and they thought it was a great opportunity then connected their teams, so it sounds like Nintendo was approached in this situation but idk), so Mojang could do the same. Actually I wonder if this is how both Steve and Chief could get in...?

Anyway, I can’t believe people still think Square wouldn’t allow Geno since he wouldn’t benefit them. Just now a dude said to me he wouldn’t get in because of that, and said DQ getting in was promotional as if that’s the sole reason why, when they still let Sakurai have Cloud over a newer protagonist and all these free spirit events, not to mention Geno’s costume and his and Mallow’s spirits, and DQ was still easy even if promotional (even DQ’s producer thought it would be hard and it wasn’t). Square sure allows a lot of stuff for easy money, so surely Geno is just as possible as their other characters.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
10: Dante (Smash x DMC) (June 2021) (I don't think they'll use the word "Devil", just because they've already censored Fallout and Assassin)
Never thought of this. But we have Devil from Devil World in the game as a spirit and as an assist.

I don't think it should be a problem for DMC or any game with "Devil" in it's title.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Never thought of this. But we have Devil from Devil World in the game as a spirit and as an assist.

I don't think it should be a problem for DMC or any game with "Devil" in it's title.
Oops, forgot about that.

Nintendo: Words like Assassin and Fallout are for bad bois and gurls.

Me: Okay, but what about Devil?

Nintendo:
nope.jpg

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Alright then, but I still don’t see Microsoft saying no if Nintendo wants Steve and no one else. They didn’t prioritize either over Banjo, and they let Rare approach Nintendo (Craig Duncan met with them at E3 and they thought it was a great opportunity then connected their teams, so it sounds like Nintendo was approached in this situation but idk), so Mojang could do the same. Actually I wonder if this is how both Steve and Chief could get in...?

Anyway, I can’t believe people still think Square wouldn’t allow Geno since he wouldn’t benefit them. Just now a dude said to me he wouldn’t get in because of that, and said DQ getting in was promotional as if that’s the sole reason why, when they still let Sakurai have Cloud over a newer protagonist and all these free spirit events, not to mention Geno’s costume and his and Mallow’s spirits, and DQ still be easy even if promotional (even DQ’s producer thought it would be hard and it wasn’t). Square sure allows a lot of stuff for easy money, so surely Geno is just as possible as their other characters.
First of all, when it comes to Square, adding Cloud before Geno is a no brainer no matter if we like it or not. Not adding him first would be like adding Jigglypuff before Pikachu when it comes to Pokemon, or as someone else has pointed out, having a character from a game like Fantasie zone over Sonic if you want to represent Sega.

When it comes to Dragons Quest, that series has prior to the Switch version of DQ11 sold piss poor in the west. Adding Hero in Smash would then be a perfect marketing tool in order to shine some light on the franchise. And thanks to Heros inclusion, Dragon Quest is way more recognizable and popular here. So it made sense why Geno has not arrived yet. But with those two out of the way, there is nothing really that stops him

https://www.videogamer.com/news/dra...western-sales-for-new-entries-to-be-localised

Which brings me to the "Master Chief vs Steve" thing. There is a reason why they chose Banjo first. He is a popular character in both the west and the east (trust me, I was surprised too when I found out) and unless rare replay is ported to Switch, Banjo is a first-party character for Xbox. Why do you think Sakurai mentioned,"if you want to play Banjo Kazooie, you can find him on Xbox One". Now, with series X on the horizon, having a new console releasing, Master Chief is the one that makes the most sense. He is the face of Xbox. and they could easily use him in the poster for the Japanese market, as an "I recognize that guy" and all that jazz. Steve on the other hand is a character that is accessible on every platform. So unless they are having both (which I find even more unlikely) Master Chief is the one that has every card on the table against Steve right now.

If I´m wrong, I´m happy for you. But I cannot see Steve being more than just a Mii Costume at this point.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don’t know why, and hopefully I’m wrong for the fans of him here, but Chief just seems like he’d be pretty out of place, both aesthetically and moveset. Kind of like Snake. (Which I also feel is out of place.)

I’m not against the idea, but if you told me 5 years ago to pick 25 characters I could see fitting into Smash, without any 1st/3rd party restrictions, Chief wouldn’t be one of them.

Again, I know he’s insanely popular, important to XBox, and is as fair game as any, but I would legitimately be surprised. While I don’t think Steve is that much more likely, I can at least picture that. I think either would end up being fun, but yeah.

Maybe I just feel like the more traditional wacky and colorful characters fit into Smash better, but that’s just personal bias.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I find it funny how this has went from a Banjo vs. Steve debate to a Master Chief vs. Steve debate.

Anyways, my take. Personally, I would much rather have Master Chief included over Steve. Master Chief, I feel, is one of those "wow they actually did it" characters, and I am always in for more of those. As for Steve, I will always be of the opinion Steve fits better as a Mii Outfit then an actual playable character honestly. Just to clarify, I'm not against Steve by any means, especially since I got Banjo, but I personally wouldn't feel anything if Steve got included, whereas Master Chief would absolutely blow me away.

In terms of likeliness, however, Steve seems more likely then Master Chief. One of the biggest things going against Master Chief is the lack of Halo on Nintendo systems and while you could say Cloud and Joker, their entire franchises have been on Nintendo systems, whereas Halo has not. Minecraft, on the other hand, is selling gangbusters on the Switch because obviously, Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, so I fully expect some sort of Minecraft content before Smash is over. I still think its more likely that Steve will be a Mii Outfit, but I think Steve has a higher chance of being playable then Master Chief honestly. I would love to be wrong, however, since Master Chief would EASILY be my choice for the next Microsoft rep.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
My take on the Chief vs Steve debate is that Microsoft announced that their Thursday Presentation was going to be focused on Minecraft instead of Halo, people would be more disappointed than we were for the mini-direct. I can picture negotiations for Banjo closing up and Phil Spencer saying something along the lines of, "hang on, you know what else would be cool?" and things developing from there. Given Halo's history as Xbox's killer app, Master Chief sitting alongside console titans Mario, Link, and Sonic in the (now defunct) Walk of Game that used to be outside Sony's Metreon in San Francisco, and the general "we never thought it was possible" aspect of his inclusion, it just seems altogether more compelling on the side of Microsoft to go with Chief instead of Steve.

Phil Spencer's entire philosophy as head of Xbox has been to bridge the gap and eliminate exclusivity whenever possible. I don't think he could resist the appeal of showing the world that the industry has changed by putting their oldest exclusive in Smash Bros. Master Chief on Nintendo would be the industry equivalent of Mario on PlayStation, such a seemingly impossible outcome that it would have way more of a reception than literally anything else Microsoft could offer.

I feel very similarly about Geno. There's no denying that other Square characters have a broader appeal, especially with younger players, but the impact of Geno would be essentially unmatched by anyone else you could feasibly put in the game.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I find it funny how this has went from a Banjo vs. Steve debate to a Master Chief vs. Steve debate.

Anyways, my take. Personally, I would much rather have Master Chief included over Steve. Master Chief, I feel, is one of those "wow they actually did it" characters, and I am always in for more of those. As for Steve, I will always be of the opinion Steve fits better as a Mii Outfit then an actual playable character honestly. Just to clarify, I'm not against Steve by any means, especially since I got Banjo, but I personally wouldn't feel anything if Steve got included, whereas Master Chief would absolutely blow me away.

In terms of likeliness, however, Steve seems more likely then Master Chief. One of the biggest things going against Master Chief is the lack of Halo on Nintendo systems and while you could say Cloud and Joker, their entire franchises have been on Nintendo systems, whereas Halo has not. Minecraft, on the other hand, is selling gangbusters on the Switch because obviously, Minecraft is the best selling game of all time, so I fully expect some sort of Minecraft content before Smash is over. I still think its more likely that Steve will be a Mii Outfit, but I think Steve has a higher chance of being playable then Master Chief honestly. I would love to be wrong, however, since Master Chief would EASILY be my choice for the next Microsoft rep.
Ehm... the mainline Persona franchise has never been on a Nintendo console...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Ehm... the mainline Persona franchise has never been on a Nintendo console...
Like I said, I don't really believe in this "rule" but I just think it could be a simple barrier that could stand in his way.

I've also seen people point out Shin Megami Tensei's history on Nintendo, but to me, if Nintendo really cared about this rule, then I feel they would have chosen a SMT character over a Persona character.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Guys I have been many people speculating this outcome, What if Nintendo watched that everybody was expecting a general Direct on Monday by the words of Zippo, NateDrake, KingZell or Kelios (And also by their words also expecting things like the 3D Mario Collection or Pikmin 3) and then Nintendo said. "Let's make this Partner's showcase, in that way the people won't believe on leaks which are real and in some days they will lauched THE direct? What do you think?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Guys I have been many people speculating this outcome, What if Nintendo watched that everybody was expecting a general Direct on Monday by the words of Zippo, NateDrake, KingZell or Kelios (And also by their words also expecting things like the 3D Mario Collection or Pikmin 3) and then Nintendo said. "Let's make this Partner's showcase, in that way the people won't believe on leaks which are real and in some days they will lauched THE direct? What do you think?
I don't think so since I highly doubt Nintendo would just change their plans at the last second just because of leaks. Nintendo Directs take months to fully produce.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo tried to out leakers or send legal threats at them

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I've also seen people point out Shin Megami Tensei's history on Nintendo, but to me, if Nintendo really cared about this rule, then I feel they would have chosen a SMT character over a Persona character.
I´m with ya. The only rules that Nintendo clearly has are "for good boys and girls", and originated in videogames (aka no Son Goku, Shrek or Spongebob)

QQS

Smash Lord
I think Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was looking for this information earlier. This will be a big help
Amazing pattern. Hope to see about #7 and #8 soon.

Tonight's announcement is a tournament based on Smash 4 https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1285741352702013440
My boy Mega Man. My favorite character and reveal up to date. My all time favorite Third Party boy. Only missing Geno for me and I would have my 3 heroes together: Link, Mega Man and Geno.

QQS

Smash Lord
B07B816F-F21B-4030-B803-6011556EABA3.jpeg

Another Fan Art of the gang together. Art by: 8uwadeta on Twitter.

It will be so amazing to have all the SMRPG Party playable in Ultimate; and Mallow hopefully as a Costume or even Premium Costume. Probably also Mallow as a cameo in Geno’s stage and part of his Final Smash: mixing Geno Flash and Star Rain. Like for example Chrom or Proto Man who also aids their friends. Though I will be happy and done 100% with Geno playable finally (but hopefully Mallow gets some love that he deserves also).

Can’t believe SMRPG is going 25° years in March 9th 2021.

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Oops, forgot about that.

Nintendo: Words like Assassin and Fallout are for bad bois and gurls.

Me: Okay, but what about Devil?

Nintendo: View attachment 279642
Actually, Assassin's Creed and Fallout are totally safe, too:

Before you ask: yes, these are legitimate. These appeared in the European versions of the presentations.

The name changes to Vault Boy and Altair were exclusive to North America and no one really knows why (though there are guesses about licensing or some other crap like that). Go figure.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Actually, Assassin's Creed and Fallout are totally safe, too:

Before you ask: yes, these are legitimate. These appeared in the European versions of the presentations.

The name changes to Vault Boy and Altair were exclusive to North America and no one really knows why. Go figure.
Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure it's probably due to advertisement laws being pretty screwy across countries rather than anything on NoA. That said, I wouldn't put it past them if they wanted to make words as "safe" as possible, for whatever reason.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The name changes to Vault Boy and Altair were exclusive to North America and no one really knows why (though there are guesses about licensing or some other crap like that). Go figure.
But even on US copies of the game, the in-game advertisement for Vault Boy's costume still mentioned the Fallout series by name.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
New PapaGenos video!
So there's an investors meeting in early August? Huh, maybe we won't be waiting until September after all!

Boy, it's palpable how bad this """direct""" screwed us over with how dead this thread is now
What are you talking about? Thread's usually this dead when there isn't anything happening. And honestly, I'm happy it isn't as poppin' off in here. We've blown through 60 pages in about 5 days.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I'm reading that there's a Nintendo investor's meeting coming up in early August? Checking up their Investor Relations (IR) page, they have the Fiscal Year ending March 2021 Three Months Earnings Release Schedule on August 6th (that's about two weeks from now). Some factors investors might feel concerned over in regards to Nintendo include:
  • Stock price decrease since July 7 (being at 51,560 Yen on that day, and presently being at 47,600 on the 22nd). To note, on the day of the Nintendo Direct Mini - Partners Showcase, the stock price dropped a bit more to 47,020 before experiencing a slight increase. To put that price into perspective, the equivalent to the stock's current price (47,600 JPY) in USD is $445.48. On July 7th, the equivalent (51,560 JPY) was $482.55. For a pricey stock a price drop of approximately $40.00 might not seem much to the investors but, forty dollars is forty dollars.
  • Lack of an E3-esque presentation akin to those streamed by competitors (Sony, Microsoft) and some third parties.
  • Lack of first party title announcements for the remainder of the year and most notably for the holiday season.
  • COVID-19 and how is it affecting operations. Furukawa has addressed this matter to investors recently however, if no solid news come up soon, they will certainly pressure the board and top management some explanations.
So far Nintendo's had "Direct" announcements once every week (more or less). This week we got the Partner Showcase Mini so hopefully, we might get some more news (hopefully better ones) by next Monday or sometime next week.

Firox

Smash Master
No it doesn't. He's just sittin' on his lap. Nothing inherently sexual there.
lol My first impression of the picture was completely innocent. Then I saw the other comments and laughed at the more sensual interpretation. Interesting to see how first impressions differ between different observers.

This is probably the best info I've seen in months. Thanks for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom