• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
As much as its mentioned in this thread to be polite and welcoming to others (sometimes to lecture levels and pages of it despite only 1 or 2 people being at fault), that etiquette rule is a two way street, meaning people entering here should also be mindful of what they say and be polite (and the fact that this, or any character thread, is a support thread, so clearly that indicates the general atmosphere of the room by default). Being a regular does not excuse bad behavior, BUT being a guest does not excuse bad behavior either.

If someone is wrongly seen as being insulting or instigating by others, then that can be chalked up to a misunderstanding and people move on, learning not to rudely jump the gun in response and give the person the benefit of the doubt. But when it happens 3, 4, 8, 14, 23, 79 times, you have to question their actual intent and how much is really just 'misspeaking' or 'being misinterpreted.'

Much like leakers and track records: a couple of instances? Can be coincidences. Occurring many times? That's a pattern.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So are we feeling an August reveal with a late September or October release? Or will it be a September reveal/Sakurai presents double whammy?
If the rumors from Kelios before he stopped leaking things are any indication, it's possible we could see a Smash reveal for FP7 in the next one of these mini directs next week. If not, then it must be August

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So are we feeling an August reveal with a late September or October release? Or will it be a September reveal/Sakurai presents double whammy?
I think it's most likely going to be an early-mid September reveal with a mid-late September release. Nintendo usually has their big Fall Direct in September and while circumstances have changed thanks to The Coof, I'm thinking they can't possibly wait any longer than that to reveal their holiday plans. Also the new amiibo wave is set for release in September, so having the reveal for the character in a Direct earlier in the month followed by a Mr. Sakurai Presents later on in the month would make a lot of sense.

I know it isn't nintendo news, but here is another game trailer to quench your thirst for nintendo. At least for some time.
Oh right, that's still coming out, and pretty soon at that! It looks good, and I like that they've got the whole voice cast from the show to return for this. That said, I don't exactly appreciate them still having Samurai Jack voiced by a black man. I mean, surely they could've gotten an actual ageless wandering samurai to voice Jack, right?! :ultpacman:

Griselda

Smash Lord
ryuko face.jpg

"Hey, Eyebrows. Who's your smash main? I bet it's one of those prim and proper types like Marth."

satsuki tea.gif

"Geno."

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Being honest now that they've established this whole partner direct thing as a constant for the foreseeable future I don't see them doing a normal direct for the rest of the year. Maybe we'll get some Mario direct or something focused on only first parties, but we aren't getting a general. Smash will come and while I can't see them doing another reveal straight into release like Byleth it's still a possibility since if it's out in September they would be doing the reveal SOON, otherwise they would just wait until around the release anyway and do a Smash Presentation.

I think the more annoying issue right now is trying to figure out what the hell the Holiday Title is. Does it even exist? I mean what do we even have that we know/people think is still happening this year?
  • Bravely Default 2
  • 3D World
  • Pikmin 3
  • The 3D Mario Collection (which the longer we go without seeing it makes me think it literally is just suped-up ports and nothing else)
  • Smash/Pokemon DLC
Are they seriously just going to make a bunch of ports, some DLC, and a third-party JRPG their big Holiday Line-Up? Yea, I get it, the ports will sell gangbusters, look at MK8 Deluxe, but...really? Not one NEW first-party game? Something doesn't add up here but I can't figure out what that game could even be.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am really, really hoping they don't go with the approach of Byleth in that the reveal is shown at the Sakurai Presents. That is such a long time in between the "reveal and 'release'" videos. Byleth was understandable since it was the last one of the DLC and were wrapping things up in a ~2 month period after Terry's presentation.

Oh man ... if that is what they will do from now on ... it would be dark times indeed.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I am really, really hoping they don't go with the approach of Byleth in that the reveal is shown at the Sakurai Presents. That is such a long time in between the "reveal and 'release'" videos. Byleth was understandable since it was the last one of the DLC and were wrapping things up in a ~2 month period after Terry's presentation.

Oh man ... if that is what they will do from now on ... it would be dark times indeed.
On one hand, what I don't mind about a reveal + Sakurai Presents is that we then get the character released very soon after the announcement. But on another, it takes a while to know who the character is, which is a pain...

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sakurai made it clear the development of DLC is still on track, MinMin's the only one that was delayed due to developmental difficulties. Geno and any other DLC character will likely be significantly easier to develop and probably won't be delayed much, if at all. Expecting FP7 to be revealed before the end of August is not an unrealistic scenario

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Just skip over this if you don't care about my opinions on "certain users."

On the subject of certain users, I do think that some definitely have a communication issue. In terms of Pumpkaboo, her issue is that she not only doesn't really want Geno, but also can come across as very condescending and "on her high-horse." You don't have to like Geno to be in here, obviously not (since I revealed that I at first didn't like him). But if your concern comes across without much tact, comes across as condescending, and if you don't want Geno... why are you here? That's kind of my question. Some users (like one recently especially) are obviously way too harsh, but I do think if she better communicated why she was here people would be less against her. Like yeah, it is good she plays Animal Crossing with Fatman's wife and Sigran can vouch, but in terms of this thread, usually she never actually discusses Geno and she doesn't want him and seems pretty condescending. Actions speak louder than words and for a good chunk of regulars like me who only go to this thread, our impression her is understandably not the best. Again, I think better communication would go a long way because at the moment I don't understand her intentions.

(And since we're talking about users, we all remember when wynn was in here. And similar to Pumpkaboo, wynn was always asked why he was in here. In wynn's case, it was because he didn't think Geno was gonna happen and was always 100% pessimistic. Eventually he left. I wouldn't mind if he stayed if he just was clear with his intentions and wasn't so at odds with being here.)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. This new approach could be cool if they do it right. Weekly updates over the course of a month? That's actually kind of a great idea. 10 minute videos every 4-6 weeks? Yeah, the fanbase will go feral in no time. I'm of the mind that they're going with the first option. The remaining three videos of this "Direct" will be spread out over the next three weeks. I can accept that but if the gaps between these bite sized news videos are significant, everyone's patience is going to evaporate.

Firox

Smash Master
I dunno. This new approach could be cool if they do it right. Weekly updates over the course of a month? That's actually kind of a great idea. 10 minute videos every 4-6 weeks? Yeah, the fanbase will go feral in no time. I'm of the mind that they're going with the first option. The remaining three videos of this "Direct" will be spread out over the next three weeks. I can accept that but if the gaps between these bite sized news videos are significant, everyone's patience is going to evaporate.
Do we have any indication that the updates would be weekly? Based on Nintendo’s current track record, I’m betting on long waits and garbo minidirects until the fans finally snap and raid Nintendo headquarters. Sorry to sound so cynical about it but I’m only basing this on historic fact

MattX20

Smash Hero
It would be to Nintendo's detriment with both consumers and their investors if they did only 10 minute or less videos every 4-6 weeks. Doing so every week for the next month or two would inspire a lot more confidence, and a lot less dislikes. Yesterday's direct was the lowest ever received apart from Pokemon Unite

Terry Badguy

Smash Cadet
Wow look at the nintendo community doing miracles again ! True gentlemen

Kelios won't leak anything anymore now :o) Maybe for the best...He could have gotten into trouble

That's what you get when you don't make any new game in a whole year and decide that Animal Crossing "is enough" based on the sales

And people still defend this kek

I swear nintendo fans are nowadays version of the kids who cried because their mother wouldn't buy them ice cream

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’d be totally okay with that if it really is weekly. The maintenance schedule does seem to indicate that’s possible at the very least...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
... 10 minute videos every 4-6 weeks? Yeah, the fanbase will go feral in no time. I'm of the mind that they're going with the first option. The remaining three videos of this "Direct" will be spread out over the next three weeks. I can accept that but if the gaps between these bite sized news videos are significant, everyone's patience is going to evaporate.
Man ... this Meme describes Nintendo so well lately:

Unknown.jpeg

I mean, Nintendo has more than just screwed the pooch lately. It impregnated the pooch and when the pooch had the puppies Nintendo has thrown them in the river.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I mean, Nintendo has more than just screwed the pooch lately. It impregnated the pooch and when the pooch had the puppies Nintendo has thrown them in the river.
beeping noise
What are Entertaining and Effective, Yet Still Cursed Analogies, Alex?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Here is something that just came in to my mind that I have never actually heard brought up nor have I realized this myself. You know how Mario's 35th anniversary is this year? Well, that actually isn't the only anniversary pertaining to the Mario franchise. Next year will be 2021, which will be the 25th anniversary of Super Mario RPG, and the 20th anniversary of Paper Mario. This may give credibility to the fact that if they wanna choose a Mario character for the 35th anniversary, they could include one from a Mario RPG, since both SMRPG and Paper Mario are going to have anniversaries next year.

Full disclosure, I am aware Nintendo never looks at anniversaries when choosing characters, but since another Mario character seems pretty likely rn, I could very well see Sakurai do this to tie all those anniversaries together. Meaning, if this is right, our next Mario character could either be Paper Mario or Geno.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So here's what I'm wondering. With 17 months left until the end of 2021, the supposed end / placeholder date, that leaves an average of 3.4 months between releases from now until the FP11 would be completed.

The first option could be that 3.4 month time frame could start from right now and make releases every 3.4 months. That would put us at latest mid November for FP7, but then would mean that FP8 - FP11 would all be in 2021. Now, we don't know the original intention as to whether December 2021 was the planned final date for FP11, but it always seemed like an arbitrary placeholder, so the planned final date could be sooner. To me, cranking out 4 FP in under a year seems like a lot given their current release schedule.

So that leaves the other option, if they're going to try to release 3 sets in 2020 and 3 sets in 2021. Splitting them up logically, that would be something like FP7 in mid/late September (which lines up with the Joker / Hero amiibo, not that that's a rule or anything), and then one December/January. That would leave 3 more that could very roughly be Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Fall 2021 (or Holiday 2021). That timeline to me makes the most sense, but it's hard to say what kind of delays COVID might have brought, or if we're being honest, what Nintendo is really doing these days.

I guess until we hear something about 2021 no longer being the targeted end date, I would expect some sort of release by October. Could it be a Byleth situation and announced and presented at the same time? Could be, though I hope not. While Nintendo did say that there is a series of Partner Directs this year, they didn't say it was only Partner Directs. I'm guessing because there are at least two more (can't really have a Series of 2), the chances of a full fledged Direct probably isn't high, but I do expect the equivalent of a First Party Mini Direct that will have something Mario / Animal Crossing / Zelda / Smash related strewn in there too.

It's really hard to say given that the old "4 months or so between Directs" has been very different since last year, but I have to think that Nintendo does want to give some sort of roadmap as to what they're doing at somepoint soon. They might not be as into marketing as Sony and Microsoft are, but they've been around for quite a while, I'm still going to put my trust in them.

Also, I never really fully jumped the bandwagon yet, but I'll put my good luck and faith into this board and don the bear and the bird with Geno hats until we hear news, one way or another.

Hang in there guys!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
And its even worse since the patience cup is empty right off the bat. If this is the start of Nintendo's new plan, they need to realize (and fix) that they are already working at a disadvantage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And its even worse since the patience cup is empty right off the bat. If this is the start of Nintendo's new plan, they need to realize (and fix) that they are already working at a disadvantage.
To some degree, given what's supposedly waiting in the wings, I do wonder if it's intentional. Starve the fanbase for almost a year, make super questionable decisions, and then start dropping bombs when they least expect it. It's cynical and a bit unhinged but... It's weirdly smart if this really is their plan. We'll call it Bungie Cord Theory: seemingly nose diving to your death, only to safely bounce up to a height you wouldn't have been able to without taking the plunge.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day Genobros. Time for a quick recap of notable Nintendo news (mostly uploads) that have occurred since June (the month in which E3 2020 would have taken place).

June 1
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted - Gameplay Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
  • PAC-MAN Comes to Minecraft! trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
June 12
  • A Closer Look at Paper Mario: The Origami King video is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. In this video is where they first revealed how the battle system works, as well as revealed for the first time three of the bosses found in the game. The video is 5:43 minutes.
June 15
  • Captain Tsubasa: Rise of the New Champions - Release Date Announcement Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
  • Prinny 1 - 2: Exploded and Reloaded - Prinny 1 Spotlight Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
June 16
  • 8 NEW LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets! video is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. More merch celebrating Super Mario's 35th Anniversary.
June 17
  • Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath - Kollection Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. The Kollection bundles the base game + the DLC characters + the Aftermath campaign.
June 21
  • The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & Splatoon 2 - North American Online Open June 2020 Finals is streamed live. In recent previous E3s, Nintendo would hold a tournament of sorts for Smash, Splatoon, or that one time they brought back the Nintendo World Championship.
June 22
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Mr. Sakurai Presents a Fighter from ARMS goes live, in which it is revealed that CP 6 would be Min Min. Were her reveal had been the first footage shown during the E3 2020 Nintendo Direct, the Mr. Sakurai Presents video would have followed later like the Direct from back in September 4, 2019.
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Celebrate These June Activities! trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube Channel
June 23
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory - Title Announcement Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube Channel (albeit already revealed on a separate Kingdom Hearts Phase 2 trailer prior).
  • Star Wars Episode 1: Racer - Launch Trailer gets uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - Announcement Trailer is uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. Now this one personally, was a pretty big deal. I'm an Ys fan and the moment I opened up YouTube and saw this notification, it caught me off guard. HUGE announcement (again, imo).
  • Tetris 99 - 14th MAXIMUS CUP Gameplay Trailer (Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered themed) uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. Promoting the recent release of Xenoblade Chronicles RE.
June 24
  • Fairy Tail - Release Date Trailer uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
  • Ninjala - Launch Trailer uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel.
June 25
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons Free Summer Update - Wave 1 video uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel. SWIMMING!
  • Mr. Driller DrillLand - Launch Trailer. The game had previously been announced, but on that day Mr. Driller finally makes his comeback (along with the fam!).
  • Minecraft: Nether Update Trailer.
June 30
  • Trails of Cold Steel III - Launch Trailer. Another Falcom hit title that gets localized.
July 1
  • Minecraft Dungeons: Jungle Awakens - DLC Launch Trailer.
July 7
  • Catherine: Full Body - Launch Trailer.
  • NES & Super NES - July Game Updates. DONKEY ************* KONG COUNTRY!!!
July 10
  • Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - Launch Trailer. Another awesome game by Inti Creates.
  • Nintendo Treehouse: Live - July 2020 stream.
July 14
  • LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System video goes live. Yet another piece of merch to celebrate Super Mario's 35th Anniversary. LEGO + NES... it just makes SENSE.
July 16
  • STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town - Launch Trailer
July 20
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase - July 2020. Shin Megami Tensei III and V get announced, plus Cadence of Hyrule DLC (3 packs).
July 21 (Today)
  • Panzer Paladin - Launch Trailer. This game is out NOW. If you like what you see (I sure did), get it.

There may have been some announcements I missed on that list but nonetheless, Nintendo's been announcing and shelling out games for approximately two months. The idea some have shared that perhaps Nintendo has taken to episodic or sporadic announcements throughout the span of the coming months due to the current situation in the World seems very plausible. Not only would they maintain a stream of game news (albeit light), but it would also give their dev teams working on their main IPs some breathing room (as well as flexibility to their other operational teams). I now think that perhaps Paper Mario: The Origami King was released within this time not only because it was going to release anyway, but it would perhaps serve as a buffer while bigger game announcements are being worked on. Potentially these may come up late July (pretty much at the end), or during August (since by then we'd be a month away from Mario's 35th Anniversary).

As for Smash, for what remains of the year, I'm locking down to the thought that we'll be getting three more CPs revealed, and two of those will release before the year's done. The rest of course would release within 2021. A safe bet but due to circumstances I'd say this is what may most likely play out.

That said, for the moment let's enjoy the games we got now, stay safe during these virulent times, and thank the game devs for working hard on the upcoming games. For me, games have been carrying 2020 thus far in the sense of psycho-emotional support (imo). During the first couple of months when many jurisdictions imposed lockdowns, games were (and still are) one of the main sources of entertainment and relief. Animal Crossing: New Horizons released at an impeccable time (almost as if way back then it might have been known that the World would see itself in the midst of a pandemic).

Finally, chins up lads, the Star Messenger cometh. ;)

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Something I was thinking about recently was that, yes, Nintendo's competitors seem to be just doing whatever they're able to moreso than Nintendo is, but it begs the question of whether A: They aren't being held back by difficulties with the virus, or B: They're forging ahead despite the risks and deadliness of the virus and that's why they're appearing 'more productive'. Because, I'll be honest, especially with a lot of the businesses where I live, people are still not taking this as seriously as they absolutely need to, and what we're seeing regarding the Big 3 may not be a case of "Sony and MS got their stuff together, and Nintendo doesn't", but moreso "Sony and MS are putting their collective workforce and services at risk in order to meet promised deadlines at the cost and expense of the workers involved".

Truly, there is a lot that we collectively, as general consumers, do not know about what's going on behind the curtain, but I certainly don't think even Nintendo is capable of willingly shooting themselves in the foot so badly after the success of the Switch thus far. This isn't saying that Nintendo cannot make mistakes, and they are exempt from the consequences of making bad decisions, but rather, I feel like a lot of us may struggle to comprehend just how complex and complicated that the current worldwide issue really is, and we need to consider the possibility that there are those able to forge ahead because they would much rather meet demand instead of hunkering down to focus on long term safety and health for people working these big projects.

It's very hard for me to ignore this growing air of 'I deserve my product and I need it now' in the face of something incredibly unprecedented such as this, and not to mention, the fact that, unfortunately, sometimes big corporations just do not have their employee's best interests at heart, and if it means bowling them over to make sure the schedule is not disrupted, they are very capable of doing this! We've seen it happen before with big companies, even prior to the pandemic putting a huge wrench into everything.

I guess I'm just saying, it doesn't feel right to me to keep lambasting Nintendo for "the worst year ever", when in all actuality, this is the worst year for a lot of people, and in some of the cases where it isn't, the people in question may be pulling some strings and pushing some buttons that they shouldn't even be trying to push right now. I guess that's all I'm trying to say.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Something I was thinking about recently was that, yes, Nintendo's competitors seem to be just doing whatever they're able to moreso than Nintendo is, but it begs the question of whether A: They aren't being held back by difficulties with the virus, or B: They're forging ahead despite the risks and deadliness of the virus and that's why they're appearing 'more productive'. Because, I'll be honest, especially with a lot of the businesses where I live, people are still not taking this as seriously as they absolutely need to, and what we're seeing regarding the Big 3 may not be a case of "Sony and MS got their stuff together, and Nintendo doesn't", but moreso "Sony and MS are putting their collective workforce and services at risk in order to meet promised deadlines at the cost and expense of the workers involved".

Truly, there is a lot that we collectively, as general consumers, do not know about what's going on behind the curtain, but I certainly don't think even Nintendo is capable of willingly shooting themselves in the foot so badly after the success of the Switch thus far. This isn't saying that Nintendo cannot make mistakes, and they are exempt from the consequences of making bad decisions, but rather, I feel like a lot of us may struggle to comprehend just how complex and complicated that the current worldwide issue really is, and we need to consider the possibility that there are those able to forge ahead because they would much rather meet demand instead of hunkering down to focus on long term safety and health for people working these big projects.

It's very hard for me to ignore this growing air of 'I deserve my product and I need it now' in the face of something incredibly unprecedented such as this, and not to mention, the fact that, unfortunately, sometimes big corporations just do not have their employee's best interests at heart, and if it means bowling them over to make sure the schedule is not disrupted, they are very capable of doing this! We've seen it happen before with big companies, even prior to the pandemic putting a huge wrench into everything.

I guess I'm just saying, it doesn't feel right to me to keep lambasting Nintendo for "the worst year ever", when in all actuality, this is the worst year for a lot of people, and in some of the cases where it isn't, the people in question may be pulling some strings and pushing some buttons that they shouldn't even be trying to push right now. I guess that's all I'm trying to say.
I don't think people want products but rather news. I think people would be fine with hearing even an audio update our interview about the games and statement that they are still working on it but having troubles due to COVID-19.

On this Smash Boards, I think people just want news about the Fighter Pass. They get tired of leaks and want real news. Not to mention the constantly leaks about Geno and the constant characters being added that are not Geno (or even popular characters). Let's be honest, Byleth and Min Min are alright characters but they are not characters that most of the fans want or are excited about. The more of these type of characters we get, the less likely we get characters like Crash, Geno, Doom Guy, Sora, Waluigi, etc. that the fan base wants.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

I dunno maybe this is just me but there's a difference between "I want more product" and "I wanna know what's being worked on so I can be excited for the future. Something to look forward to can be very helpful in situations like this.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Where is this "3 videos" thing coming from? People keep mentioning it, yet I can't find anything about it.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This is a bit random, but would it be unfair to say that Nintendo is an incredibly hit-or-miss company? I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way because no concrete examples are coming to mind as I type this, but I feel outside of Smash, Nintendo can fail pretty hard at listening to the community, and that they can be just as stingy/stubborn as other gaming companies. Don't know why I'm throwing shade at Nintendo, but this recently crossed my mind.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
This is a bit random, but would it be unfair to say that Nintendo is an incredibly hit-or-miss company? I'm not sure why I'm feeling this way because no concrete examples are coming to mind as I type this, but I feel outside of Smash, Nintendo can fail pretty hard at listening to the community, and that they can be just as stingy/stubborn as other gaming companies. Don't know why I'm throwing shade at Nintendo, but this recently crossed my mind.
Its fair and valid. Nintendo has highs and lows. Hit and miss. But probably notably lately is a lack of clear transparency and lack of communicating effectively is certainly their weakness.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Where is this "3 videos" thing coming from? People keep mentioning it, yet I can't find anything about it.
I believe it’s because we’ve got three scheduled maintenances happening on future Mondays. Personally, I can’t imagine us getting another Mini-Mini Direct this month after they just called the last one the July 2020 Direct, but maybe we could get a full Direct on Monday?

Also, hi loves. Took some time away from this place because all this doom and gloom is unhealthy for me. But I wanted to pop in and say, “Don’t lose hope! Geno’s still in the game and I fully believe he’ll be revealed soon.”

a random user

Smash Journeyman
for a few examples outside of smash you have Metroid federation force(blastball), star fox zero, mother 3, and paper Mario being more like sticker star instead of 64/thousand year door, and the wii u's awful name/advertiseing

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Oh no, I've been saying this for years, Nintendo is consistently bipolar on almost everything and it boggles my mind. Yea, "Kings of Left Field" and all, but alot of the time it's less them doing something unexpected and more just doing something that really makes no sense at all.

The Direct Mini playlist had four videos and three were private. Since then it's changed but there were screencaps floating around.
What playlist are you even talking about? The only mini direct playlist I can find is the one they made specifically for this direct, it's named the "Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase: July 2020" and all that's in it are the trailers from the direct. I really think those privated videos were just those.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ah! Found it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SmashPrecede/status/1285205456382767105

Some people are saying they're old videos but in the past Nintendo has taken down old videos in playlists to replace them with new ones and it was noted that this happened shortly after the Mini Direct.
Ah yeah, the URLs for those specific private videos were all old directs, but that doesn’t eliminate the possibility of them being taken out to replace with new ones as you said.

MattX20

Smash Hero
For now, the one thing we can come closer to relying on is the amiibo release dates for the Fighter Pass characters since as mentioned earlier, every wave apart from the first one on December 7th 2018 has tied into a DLC fighter release, whether before or after it. We'll just have to wait and see if the last week of July or August will give us the reveal for FP7 as that one will be almost assuredly due in September

StarLight42

Smash Lord
While we’re on the subject, any reason why they removed the “new” tab from Min Min?

I thought it would’ve pointed to an impending Smash reveal. I mean, why leave it up for Byleth?

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
Let's talk about Geno's personality. What do you like about him? I love how calm, polite, and considerate he is. He makes a great straight man for the silly, exuberant Mario world and it makes him come across as heavenly.

7NATOR

Smash Master
While we’re on the subject, any reason why they removed the “new” tab from Min Min?

I thought it would’ve pointed to an impending Smash reveal. I mean, why leave it up for Byleth?
They are gonna reveal 3rd party Character. Pretty soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom