• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
You know if this direct happens to NOT be tomorrow, then everyone is gonna wait til the next day, and the next day, until we feel like the french narrator from Spongebob...

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Umm, y'all. Not to freak out or anything, but take a look at this:

Here's another one for the Grubb moment collection also:

*ahem* To put it "intellectually" for all, I think I speak for most of the thread when I say...
20200630_231542.jpg

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?! Like I just felt worry that maybe we wouldn't get a Smash character but now more people are talking about Geno?! I thought last night was great for Geno then I thought that was shot down?! I don't want my hype going overboard by what the hell is happening with Geno?! AHHH, SAKURAI GET ME OFF THIS ROLLERCOASTER MY HEART IS CLOSE TO BURSTING!"

(This is my general mood right now)
IMG_20200308_134306.png

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Imo the Jeff Grubb SMRPG references most likely mean nothing, he had said that Geno is his most wanted, Khan and Andre are most likely joking
At this rate we're going to get a CGI Geno reveal tomorrow and people in this thread are going to say that it means nothing

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Kelios is saying we'll get an announcement on the same day as the direct (depending on your time zone). For reference, someone else in the thread said 6am CET is midnight EDT.

6amcet.png

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
If you all get Geno announced (either tomorrow or for a future character slot), then I believe anything if this crazy world is possible lmao. And I would very happy for all of you!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Here's a scenario for you all. What if, instead of these leakers teasing a Direct for tomorrow, what if instead, they meant that the Direct will be announced tomorrow and will be ready to air on the 21? I think this is possible since its been very unprecedented for Directs to happen on Mondays, and I can't really think of a Direct that ever aired on a Monday. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays seem to be the norm for Direct dates, so I think its possible this could happen. What are your guy's thoughts?

D

Deleted member

Since we're bound for a character reveal, time to post this video again:
PS: I had made this video a while back, before Min Min was revealed, hence it being named "ARMS rep" still and the presence of Heihachi and Vault Boy in the cast.
This is the best video I've seen in a long time.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
still we would say it means nothing even after the sakurai presents video.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice don’t explode if we are so close.
Me in 2040, having mained Geno for the past 20 years: "There's no way Sakurai's actually adding my boi. Those insiders are just teasing!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Interesting development. Still not deadlocked on anything yet, I'm always anticipating a last-second turnaround. He's all but confirmed at this point.

I won't hype up for you guys until that Smash trailer starts and I see this ****

1595197637341.png

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I don't think we're gonna get a third iteration of the K Rool Trailer with Geno. Since he has very little to do with DK in the first place.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I mean, I am Im more worried that you are gonna get too obsessed with this no news and stress yallselves sick
With multiple posts about how worried you are, it's hilarious you think others are gonna get sick from worrying, when you seem to be the one stressed. What weird and pointless concern trolling.

EmeraldNate

Smash Rookie
Since we're bound for a character reveal, time to post this video again:
PS: I had made this video a while back, before Min Min was revealed, hence it being named "ARMS rep" still and the presence of Heihachi and Vault Boy in the cast.
I really love this video

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't think we're gonna get a third iteration of the K Rool Trailer with Geno. Since he has very little to do with DK in the first place.
Worked with Banjo. I get it's the Rareware association but seeing Banjo and K. Rool go ****ing wild would be pretty cool.

Otherwise I'd assume they go the Hero route and have Geno show up to beat up Dharkon-possessed dudes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I must say: everyone should calm down and stay level headed until this possible Direct comes. Whatever happens, it is not the end of the world, or Geno's chances in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
With multiple posts about how worried you are, it's hilarious you think others are gonna get sick from worrying, when you seem to be the one stressed. What weird and pointless concern trolling.
Yeah no, its not trolling. Dont you dare say my legit worry of others wellbeing is trolling.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Fatman, c'mon. There's plenty of reason to be on edge. First of all, Naz said they weren't trying to say anything at all other than that a direct may be close based on Amiibo dates, and then we have Rummy saying "Naz knows its Geno" and then you, telling us it was like waiting for a kid to open their presents. At some point, at least one of the three of you knew what you were going to stir up by telling us these things in lieu of people claiming a direct was on the 20th with all the gamestop tomfoolery. I think if there's any blame here it isn't that WE went crazy. It's that YOU GUYS did. Naz I can forgive somewhat as it was easy to misread their intentions, but all of you should have been quiet if there was nothing on that level of hype to get excited about, or at least been more careful with your words.
Dude what are you even talking about? Why are you projecting your inability to regulate your emotions on to other people? Sit back and relax this is FUN AS ****

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I know the whole 'Geno serving Rosalina' is fan headcanon stuff, but I wouldn't mind if Geno's trailer was a redux of Rosalina's from Smash 4, at least the beginning. I'd like the end to be just Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Geno.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
if this is all fake then this will definitely go down in history as one of the biggest bamboozlements in smash history

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
If Geno gets announced for this pass (wether he’s #7 or #11) I’ll be happy for sure. Don’t have any history with him, but he’s the last never-ever pick. Planning on picking up the Banjo amiibo and Geno amiibo if he gets announced! Also, I’m planning on making a machinima about Geno getting in if he does. The general premise would be that Geno is kinda bitter that it took so long to get into smash and Ridley teases him or something

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Imagine if there is no Direct or announcement tomorrow. Gamexplain and Nate Drake are gonna get so much backlash fro this.

domriver

Smash Lord
if this is all fake then this will definitely go down in history as one of the biggest bamboozlements in smash history
Grinch leak level?
Imagine if there is no Direct or announcement tomorrow. Gamexplain and Nate Drake are gonna get so much backlash fro this.
The first tweet Nintendo puts is gonna get backlash as well. LOL

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a few things to ask of you. Its alright and understandable if you can answer them but I need to get something off my chest privately
Just did, because it rings hollow as hell.
Then I guess you dont know me well. Get to know me first because assuming Im somthing Im not

glad we got that covered and have a good day

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
A fun reveal would be Ridley, K Rool and Banjo involved in the trailer for long time Smash fans as the Impossibles being in it.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Me catching up with the thread: "Oh, so the teases were all some misunderstanding. Time to adjust my expectations again for the 5th time this week lol"

sees Jeff Grubbs/Imran Kahn/Andre Segers Mario RPG tweets

"Make that 6 times"

Anyways, it's been an absolute rollarcoster the past week. Hopefully the tweets mean something but I don't want to count my chickens again just yet. But if they mean something, I would be ecstatic

I wouldn't be so worried about the direct tomorrow. Even if it is a mini (which I have doubts it will be) we're sure to get some 1st party game announcements tomorrow. The rest of the year is a blank slate. I highly doubt they would announce one or 2 things and call it a day. I think there's a good chance the direct will do enough to hold us over

Powerman293

Smash Ace
To be honest I stopped liking GameXplain after the Grinch fiasco. The mask came off and it made everything Smash related they did after feel extremely hollow and soulless. So the Direct not happening would be a long-overdue end of the trust of them.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Flaming/harassment
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I have a few things to ask of you. Its alright and understandable if you can answer them but I need to get something off my chest privately

Then I guess you dont know me well. Get to know me first because assuming Im somthing Im not

glad we got that covered and have a good day
You do understand how communication works, right? I came to a conclusion based off the messages you sent in this thread. That's how communication works - this is fundamental. So you're saying to ignore your posts, until I cross some magical threshold of knowledge of you? **** off. You come in here concern trolling, I'm going to call it concern trolling, whether or not you donated to charity and posted about it 5 years ago or some ****.

cheeseseatbelt

Smash Cadet
I know the whole 'Geno serving Rosalina' is fan headcanon stuff, but I wouldn't mind if Geno's trailer was a redux of Rosalina's from Smash 4, at least the beginning. I'd like the end to be just Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Geno.
I hope it's either this or something involving the forest maze. then again we've already been in the forest tons for reveal trailers...

all I really wish for is that mallow makes an appearance along with his friend geno in CGI :seuss:

Last edited:

MrMemeGod

Smash Rookie
If a direct is actually announced at 6am CET, man. I don't know what to think about 2020 anymore.

Here's to optimism regardless of what happens.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Great, a Nintendo direct hasn't even been announced and now there are people who think we're getting a direct tomorrow with a Golden Sun remake, a new F-Zero game, a Mario 3D collection, and Geno as FP7

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
You know what would be hilarious? If we do get an iteration of that trailer, but it has Mario, Bowser and Peach hanging out together at Mario's Pad. Mario is louging and watching TV like DK, Bowser is fast asleep like K.Rool, and Peach is sipping tea. Suddenly a shooting star crashes outside and they all rush to the window to see Geno's sillouite rise from the crater, only for it to be the Mii Gunner in his costume, laughing and mocking them until she gets blasted off the screen by the real Geno, and Mario and Co. start cheering.

That would be the most hilarious trailer they could go with, to keep the joke going. But I can also envision a trailer similar to DQ Hero's reveal, that I have in mind.

OffBi

Smash Ace
idk about you guys, but this **** is getting ****ing exciting!!!
LET'S WISH FOR UPON THE STAR AND FINALLY GET OUR BOY IN SMASH!!!!
LET'S
****ING
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom