• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I think none of us can say anything about this. Remember: no one can tell that something was delayed if that wasn't even announced to begin with. They said they are on schedule (both Nintendo and Sakurai), so I will believe them for now.
You don´t put a December 2021 one date as an end date if you want to "rush them out" or however you want to call it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know how Byleth was revealed and released in January just barely before the February 2020 deadline for Fighters Pass 1? I think the December 2021 deadline for Fighters Pass 2 is essentially a "breathing room" date given to specifically avoid another situation like that. I doubt we're gonna see Fighter 11 revealed and released as late as November 2021, more likely they and the entire Pass will be finished and released some time before then, with the late deadline being just in case there's any serious delays.

Honestly, I think people who are predicting that Fighters Pass 2 will be stretched out all the way to December 2021 are being way too pessimistic... and while I don't necessarily blame them after the long wait for Min Min (and also just the long wait for some big Nintendo news in general), Sakurai and the developers have made it clear that development is going smoothly so far with little to no hiccups from Covid, and I see no other reason for them to keep having these long stretches of nothing between fighters.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The more that I have been thinking about it, the more I think that the inclusion of Geno would benefit both Nintendo and Square greatly. Think about it.

I know Geno is an irrelevant character that Nintendo or Square are doing absolutely nothing with, but everything sorta falls in line perfectly. This year is Mario's 35th anniversary and I guarantee we will be in for at least some Mario related announcement at this July Direct. I know some may think that Waluigi would be more logical since he is more iconic, BUT one of the big Mario anniversary titles that we know of as of right now is Paper Mario: The Origami King. Paper Mario is an RPG franchise starring Mario. Wouldn't it make sense to include some sort of character from a Mario RPG? Geno would make sense because he is a highly demanded character that has caught the attention of Sakurai. I can easily see Sakurai explaining the history of Super Mario RPG in a Mr. Sakurai Presents talking about how Super Mario RPG paved the way for Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. Everything just fits so well.

Now, about how this could be beneficial for Square. Their have been quite some many rumors of Square Enix games coming to the Switch like the Tomb Raider Collection and that Kingdom Hearts spin-off, and I believe one of these two games will be shown off at this July Direct. Also, don't forget we also have Bravely Default II coming out soon and (I believe?) it is a Switch exclusive game. AND combine the fact that our two latest Spirit Events both come from Square Enix properties, which to me, all but confirms Square isn't done with Smash just yet.

Basically what I'm saying is, Geno would be very beneficial for both Nintendo and Square because their is a damn good chance that this July Direct we are going to have will have a huge focus on both Mario and Square Enix. As such, revealing a Square Enix-owned Mario character would tie everything up perfectly and would fit really well for this Direct. Thats why I am so damn confident in Geno being playable, because not only do we have all this circumstantial evidence in his favor, but everything just lines up so perfectly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The more that I have been thinking about it, the more I think that the inclusion of Geno would benefit both Nintendo and Square greatly. Think about it.

I know Geno is an irrelevant character that Nintendo or Square are doing absolutely nothing with, but everything sorta falls in line perfectly. This year is Mario's 35th anniversary and I guarantee we will be in for at least some Mario related announcement at this July Direct. I know some may think that Waluigi would be more logical since he is more iconic, BUT one of the big Mario anniversary titles that we know of as of right now is Paper Mario: The Origami King. Paper Mario is an RPG franchise starring Mario. Wouldn't it make sense to include some sort of character from a Mario RPG? Geno would make sense because he is a highly demanded character that has caught the attention of Sakurai. I can easily see Sakurai explaining the history of Super Mario RPG in a Mr. Sakurai Presents talking about how Super Mario RPG paved the way for Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. Everything just fits so well.

Now, about how this could be beneficial for Square. Their have been quite some many rumors of Square Enix games coming to the Switch like the Tomb Raider Collection and that Kingdom Hearts spin-off, and I believe one of these two games will be shown off at this July Direct. Also, don't forget we also have Bravely Default II coming out soon and (I believe?) it is a Switch exclusive game. AND combine the fact that our two latest Spirit Events both come from Square Enix properties, which to me, all but confirms Square isn't done with Smash just yet.

Basically what I'm saying is, Geno would be very beneficial for both Nintendo and Square because their is a damn good chance that this July Direct we are going to have will have a huge focus on both Mario and Square Enix. As such, revealing a Square Enix-owned Mario character would tie everything up perfectly and would fit really well for this Direct. Thats why I am so damn confident in Geno being playable, because not only do we have all this circumstantial evidence in his favor, but everything just lines up so perfectly.
Exactly! The stars are aligning for our star boi.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Call me pessimistic, but I don't necessarily think Geno is next.

That is to say, Geno could likely still be in this pass, but I don't think he is FP7, and that is not me being on the safe side. I think it is going to be someone rather unexpected, or not predicted.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Call me pessimistic, but I don't necessarily think Geno is next.

That is to say, Geno could likely still be in this pass, but I don't think he is FP7, and that is not me being on the safe side. I think it is going to be someone rather unexpected, or not predicted.
Keep in mind that FP7 and FP8 were very likely originally intended to be E3 reveals before the event got cancelled. Nintendo always reveals big fish at E3 whether it's icons or very popular requested characters. I don't think a curveball that no one was expecting was intended to be a E3 reveal. Crash and Geno fit perfectly as E3 reveals especially Crash due to how big of a gaming icon he is.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
How hard is it to understand that December 2021 is a placeholder? Seriously people, the largest gap we've had between character releases in Pass 1, was what, 3 months between Joker and Hero? I suppose there was 5 months between Byleth and Min Min, but even then it's clear she was delayed from April to June so we should be right back on track now. Even if we stick to them having 3 months between each character release (which seems a little unreasonable based on how Pass 1 went, but still plausible), that still only puts us at September 2021 for an end date. Seriously, we aren't waiting until December 2021 for #6 people, christ.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Keep in mind that FP7 and FP8 were very likely originally intended to be E3 reveals before the event got cancelled. Nintendo always reveals big fish at E3 whether it's icons or very popular requested characters. I don't think a curveball that no one was expecting was intended to be a E3 reveal. Crash and Geno fit perfectly as E3 reveals especially Crash due to how big of a gaming icon he is.
I don't recall saying anything about E3. I understand Banjo, but Hero from last year was not even that popular in the west. Hence kinda what I mean by unexpected here.

Anyways, what non-Super Mario RPG music do you guys think would fit in with Geno? I personally would say this.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Agreed. I don´t get the whole "he has to be next" mentality. He could be last for what we know

Nintendo always reveals big fish at E3 whether it's icons or very popular requested characters.
Cloud would like to have a word with you about his Smash4 introduction

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Agreed. I don´t get the whole "he has to be next" mentality. He could be last for what we know

*High fives Icewilff92* Exactly what I was thinking? I do think Geno would be better as a later-in-the-pass character, myself.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't recall saying anything about E3. I understand Banjo, but Hero from last year was not even that popular in the west. Hence kinda what I mean by unexpected here.

Anyways, what non-Super Mario RPG music do you guys think would fit in with Geno? I personally would say this.

Again, it's very likely FP7 and FP8 were going to be E3 reveals before Covid-19 messed up the development lineup schedule. Plus, Dragon Quest is HUGE in Japan with over almost 90 million copies sold for games in the franchise. Dragon Quest's Japanese popularity alone give it enough brownie points to be considered a E3 level reveal.

Sherlock do your research. Cloud was revealed in a November Direct not at E3.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Again, it's very likely FP7 and FP8 were going to be E3 reveals before Covid-19 messed up the development lineup schedule. Plus, Dragon Quest is HUGE in Japan with over almost 90 million copies sold for games in the franchise. Dragon Quest's Japanese popularity alone give it enough brownie points to be considered a E3 level reveal.
But...how does that mean Geno will be revealed next? For all we know, it could be a second Microsoft rep., like Steve or Master Chief.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sherlock do your research. Cloud was revealed in a November Direct not at E3.
That´s was exactly my point. You said "Nintendo always show big fish" at E3, yet they waited for Cloud to be one of the last in a random direct. and no offense to Lucas, Roy and Ryu but Cloud was a way bigger deal then all three together

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But...how does that mean Geno will be revealed next? For all we know, it could be a second Microsoft rep., like Steve or Master Chief.
Yet Banjo & Kazooie was chosen first over Steve and Chief because of their popularity despite Minecraft and Halo being so much more iconic than Banjo-Kazooie. Popularity is enough to get you that E3 announcement and Geno has that level of popularity.

That´s was exactly my point. You said "Nintendo always show big fish" at E3, yet they waited for Cloud to be one of the last in a random direct. and no offense to Lucas, Roy and Ryu but Cloud was a way bigger deal then all three together
All I'm saying is they don't reveal small fish at E3. The smallest so far was Palutena, but she had quite a noticeable fanbase though so she wasn't a niche pick though she isn't iconic.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yet Banjo & Kazooie was chosen first over Steve and Chief because of their popularity despite Minecraft and Halo being so much more iconic than Banjo-Kazooie. Popularity is enough to get you that E3 announcement and Geno has that level of popularity.
I said second rep., not alongside the bear and bird duo. I meant that a second Microsoft rep (as an example, as it could be anyone else but Geno) could be next, or anyone else for that matter.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman

If I had to be biased...I am really hoping for least ONE Paper Mario song to make it, and it’s this one.
I’m sorry but this song is just too good to pass over, along with Closing Battle.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I had to be biased...I am really hoping for least ONE Paper Mario song to make it, and it’s this one.
I’m sorry but this song is just too good to pass over, along with Closing Battle.
That works too, actually. I'd welcome it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
As much as I love the doll, I would not compare him to Banjo Kazooie. Banjo was released worldwide when it was released. Geno on the other hand, It was only a US and Japan only. People like myself only know about him because of the Virtual Console. and I found the game at random when I searched for Mario Party 2 (I live in Sweden)

That does not mean he is not popular within the smash community... But I would not compare him to Banjo due to their origins so to speak

pinshadow

Smash Lord

The argument isn't "they ONLY ever reveal big characters at E3", it's "they tend to reveal big characters". Yea, obviously characters like Cloud or K.Rool got revealed outside of E3, but that doesn't change the fact pretty much every E3 with Smash reveals something big. E3 2006 was the massive blowout along with the first third party in Snake, 2013 had Mega Man plus Villager and Wii Fit, 2014 had Pac Man plus the Mii Fighters, Palutena, and amiibo, 2015 had Ryu plus Roy and they were shadowdropped, 2018 had Ridley, Everyone is Here, and Daisy, and 2019 had Hero and Banjo. Smash DOES tend to go big at E3.

As for Geno being later in the pass, I stand by the idea that all of the evidence and theorycrafting we have to go off of supports the idea that Geno is coming sooner rather than later.
  • The fact that the mii costume was already missing with Hero last year in July before more DLC was even announced and what we know seems to imply real discussions/negotiations for Pass 2 started or atleast picked up around E3.
  • The fact that Square already has content in Smash Ultimate, and the pattern that Smash 4 DLC , Pass 1, and seemingly Pass 2 are following where it's Nintendo content first, than third parties already present in the game, than new third parties, due to how easy/difficult it would take to work out negotiations respectively. The fact that Square has gotten Spirit events for both Trials of Mana and Octopath Traveler despite their seeming reluctance to having a large amount of presence in Smash seems to imply they aren't done yet either.
  • The song takedowns and the Mii costume list both happened around July last year, if either of those are plausible than I highly doubt Geno would be coming in the second half of the Pass next year.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As much as I love the doll, I would not compare him to Banjo Kazooie. Banjo was released worldwide when it was released. Geno on the other hand, It was only a US and Japan only. People like myself only know about him because of the Virtual Console. and I found the game at random when I searched for Mario Party 2 (I live in Sweden)

That does not mean he is not popular within the smash community... But I would not compare him to Banjo due to their origins so to speak
Heck! I wouldn't personally compare Geno with K. Rool and Ridley, who are not only Nintendo characters (even if that is irrelevant), but are possibly much well known than Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I'm not comparing Geno to Banjo & Kazooie, I'm just saying Geno is popular enough to be a E3 reveal.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman

I would like to think that given the recent Mana and Octopath Traveler Spirits showing Square getting a little more comfortable with Smash, they would be cool with allowing someone like Geno who realistically isn’t the biggest financial pick for them. Obviously they’re going to make money off whoever character they let in, but as of right now, Geno isn’t promoting much else besides maybe the Mario RPGs in general (not to say promotional picks are bad thing).

My thought process is kind of thinking that while Dragon Quest is obviously a very iconic and important series, it kinda felt like Hero was a bit promotional. With how hard Nintendo pushed Dragon Quest 11 S in 2019, and how they would keep saying the full name of the Definitive Edition instead of just “Dragon Quest 11”. So I’m hoping that since Square kinda got their promotional fill last Pass, they would be fine if Nintendo wanted to use someone like Geno.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not comparing Geno to Banjo & Kazooie, I'm just saying Geno is popular enough to be a E3 reveal.
Maybe to us Smash fans, but I can still imagine other people saying "Who is Geno?" I mean, he is still an obscure character, rather, compared to those like Banjo-Kazooie, who at least appeared in more than one game. I could be wrong, at least in terms of how Smash fans alone could view him, but I am not sure if an obscure character from one game could make for an E3 reveal; maybe barely?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe to us Smash fans, but I can still imagine other people saying "Who is Geno?" I mean, he is still an obscure character, rather, compared to those like Banjo-Kazooie, who at least appeared in more than one game. I could be wrong, at least in terms of how Smash fans alone could view him, but I am not sure if an obscure character from one game could make for an E3 reveal; maybe barely?
Does Palutena answer your question? I don't know what else to say. We'll talk later.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
For the community standpoint, sure. But from a "casual" gamer perspective, I argue he is not due to the game not releasing worldwide. Banjo however had his games released worldwide. As I said, if I only got the knowledge of the game because I randomly found it on VC while scrolling, how many do you think missed it too?

And don´t forget that SMRPG never released in Europe.. Why the game was not, I have no clue. Sure, it was meant to make US get a taste for RPG, with Europe already into that genre already, so why not just distribute it here as well then?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Does Palutena answer your question? I don't know what else to say. We'll talk later.
On a serious note, kinda like Geno, Palutena is not the most important character in the games she is in. Sure, Kid Icarus: Uprising may seem like a popular game, but that was still the first installment in the Kid Icarus series for a long time. Like Palutena, as I have said, Geno is not the most important character. I'd say Palutena is behind Pac-Man in terms of surprising, even though Pac-Man was initially revealed behind closed doors, but still at E3.

And don´t forget that SMRPG never released in Europe.. Why the game was not, I have no clue. Sure, it was meant to make US get a taste for RPG, with Europe already into that genre already, so why not just distribute it here as well then?
Yeah, that too. That is important to note.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I would like to think that given the recent Mana and Octopath Traveler Spirits showing Square getting a little more comfortable with Smash, they would be cool with allowing someone like Geno who realistically isn’t the biggest financial pick for them. Obviously they’re going to make money off whoever character they let in, but as of right now, Geno isn’t promoting much else besides maybe the Mario RPGs in general (not to say promotional picks are bad thing).

My thought process is kind of thinking that while Dragon Quest is obviously a very iconic and important series, it kinda felt like Hero was a bit promotional. With how hard Nintendo pushed Dragon Quest 11 S in 2019, and how they would keep saying the full name of the Definitive Edition instead of just “Dragon Quest 11”. So I’m hoping that since Square kinda got their promotional fill last Pass, they would be fine if Nintendo wanted to use someone like Geno.
Yeah I think Hero was kinda a mis-mash of both promotional but at the same time, iconic enough to get in to Smash. Final Fantasy is to Square as Dragon Quest is to Enix and those franchises make up the entire company, and the rest of Square's franchises are just sorta their imo. Luminary was represented entirely because of promotion, but Erdrick, Solo and Eight were include because they come from the most popular DQ games and are pretty iconic even here in the West.

But yeah, now that we have both Cloud and Hero, I see no reason at all why they can't include Geno at this point.
But I feel like that is why Geno makes sense to include as DLC. This is why we have these Sakurai Presentations. Sakurai is well aware that some characters are obscure and every presentation always starts with "What is" or "Who is". These Sakurai presentations aren't just about showing off a new Smash character, but also teaching people the history behind these characters and franchises that many people are out of the loop about.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I think Hero was kinda a mis-mash of both promotional but at the same time, iconic enough to get in to Smash. Final Fantasy is to Square as Dragon Quest is to Enix and those franchises make up the entire company, and the rest of Square's franchises are just sorta their imo. Luminary was represented entirely because of promotion, but Erdrick, Solo and Eight were include because they come from the most popular DQ games and are pretty iconic even here in the West.

But yeah, now that we have both Cloud and Hero, I see no reason at all why they can't include Geno at this point.

But I feel like that is why Geno makes sense to include as DLC. This is why we have these Sakurai Presentations. Sakurai is well aware that some characters are obscure and every presentation always starts with "What is" or "Who is". These Sakurai presentations aren't just about showing off a new Smash character, but also teaching people the history behind these characters and franchises that many people are out of the loop about.
I wasn't talking about Geno not being DLC or Sakurai's presentations.

I will admit, though, now that I think about it, Geno being revealed in a Sakurai presentation would probably be a better surprise overall than in an E3 trailer. I can see Smash fans being surprised in a good way that way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Isn’t Geno being a big fan demand enough of a reason why he could be an E3 reveal? Why does it have to be a super-huge 3rd-party when we’ve already gotten less than those sorts of characters at E3, but still big fan demands and well-known characters (even Wii Fit and Miis) and even less-known characters (Palutena and sort-of Dark Pit)?

Last edited:

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really sure how relevancy is much of an argument anymore after King K. Rool tbh. The first character of allegedly the last fighter pass was a character who was from ARMS, a game from 2017, not released with an ad for a sequel / DLC or anything, and also the 5th over on the character select screen in her home game. She's not even on the cover. Pretty much anyone can get in as long as they originate from a video game. I don't see why Geno can't be next.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Isn’t Geno being a big fan demand enough of a reason why he could be an E3 reveal?
I am not opposed to that. I just don't think he could be next.

Assuming there is a double reveal, I do think he could be more likely Fighter 8 rather than Fighter 7. Just my opinion.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Lol the current convo is making me laugh.

Relevancy is coming up again? I had no idea how relevant Banjo was at E3 last year. I’m clearly out of the loop.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The discussion was not about Geno being a DLC or not (granted you all know my stance on that I think we shouldn´t wave the victory flag yet, but that´s beside the point) but if Geno is "E3 material or not".

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet

The Mario franchise could benefit from bringing back more obscure characters. Odyssey did a great job reviving Pauline; I know she made appearances in the Mario vs Donkey Kong series, but her appearance in Odyssey made her stand out a lot more. Instead of a typical damsel in distress, she was given so much love and more personality. I personally just don't like how they shove in characters like baby forms or metal variations of existing characters when there's a huge backlog of obscure Mario characters they can easily use. Heck, Daisy was actually MIA for about 7 years and she only got in Mario Tennis because they needed a female partner for Peach. And now she's a staple of Mario spinoffs.

Wishful thinking, but I do hope one day Square allows Nintendo to use Geno more; I believe Diddy, Dixie, and Funky were a similar case where they were technically properties of Rare but now belong to Nintendo. Heck, Geno can easily be a counterpart character for Rosalina.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not really sure how relevancy is much of an argument anymore after King K. Rool tbh. The first character of allegedly the last fighter pass was a character who was from ARMS, a game from 2017, not released with an ad for a sequel / DLC or anything, and also the 5th over on the character select screen in her home game. She's not even on the cover. Pretty much anyone can get in as long as they originate from a video game. I don't see why Geno can't be next.
K. Rool is still a different case, having appeared in more games, being in more mainstream games as opposed to Geno being in a spinoff and so on. No one said no one from a video game can't get in Smash, by the way. ARMS is also a different case. It is more recent, and it is not in the same area as Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Lol the current convo is making me laugh.

Relevancy is coming up again? I had no idea how relevant Banjo was at E3 last year. I’m clearly out of the loop.
It is more than just relevancy. Geno's case, as said before, is different from other characters that are in Smash and were considered irrelevant.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
The discussion was not about Geno being a DLC or not (granted you all know my stance on that I think we shouldn´t wave the victory flag yet, but that´s beside the point) but if Geno is "E3 material or not".
Oh I see. Anyways, I guess I will give my take on this.

Personally, I do believe Geno is an E3-tier character. I know he only had one major game appearance and isn't iconic in the slightest, but he is still a highly requested character in his own right and he would make headlines as is just because its Geno and his long years of lasting fan demand would definitely be something to get hyped over.

Now, I do see where you are coming from on how SMRPG didn't release in Europe until the Wii VC, HOWEVER, since then I feel like support for Geno in Europe has gradually increased. Not only that, but E3 is an American event, meaning most things that will get revealed at E3 will mostly pander towards Western audiences. Thats why Banjo was shown off at E3. He is not necessarily popular in Japan, but since he was a highly requested character that originated from the West, it made perfect sense to reveal the duo at E3, and same case for Geno. Geno mostly has a Western fan following, meaning revealing a character that is highly demanded at a Western event makes a lot of sense imo, but thats just me.

Anyways, I see where you and CannonStreak CannonStreak are coming from, but I don't personally agree

Kalomaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicmarioguy
I don't think they necessarily planned to drag out this fighter's pass, but current events change a lot of the speed that smash work can get done especially when you need who the next characters are going to be kept secret.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh I see. Anyways, I guess I will give my take on this.

Personally, I do believe Geno is an E3-tier character. I know he only had one major game appearance and isn't iconic in the slightest, but he is still a highly requested character in his own right and he would make headlines as is just because its Geno and his long years of lasting fan demand would definitely be something to get hyped over.

Now, I do see where you are coming from on how SMRPG didn't release in Europe until the Wii VC, HOWEVER, since then I feel like support for Geno in Europe has gradually increased. Not only that, but E3 is an American event, meaning most things that will get revealed at E3 will mostly pander towards Western audiences. Thats why Banjo was shown off at E3. He is not necessarily popular in Japan, but since he was a highly requested character that originated from the West, it made perfect sense to reveal the duo at E3, and same case for Geno. Geno mostly has a Western fan following, meaning revealing a character that is highly demanded at a Western event makes a lot of sense imo, but thats just me.

Anyways, I see where you and CannonStreak CannonStreak are coming from, but I don't personally agree
Very well, you can suit yourself. No harm in that.

Though I must take into account that I could be wrong about the E3 thing. I know I said Banjo and Kazooie are a different case from Geno, but I don't think many knew much about them outside of Smash compared to Steve and Master Chief. They were still a big reveal with a big response. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You will be surprised by how popular Banjo is in Japan. The duo even over shined Hero in terms of "hype" on Japanese twitter for a good chunk of time

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Palutena only has three games and is more major in one of them, and she was revealed at E3. AFAIK the Kid Icarus games didn’t sell as well as SMRPG, either, even Uprising despite Pit being in Brawl. From what I could find real quick, the original NES game sold decently (after some years) but still less than SMRPG, while Uprising was selling poorly after release, not reaching one million until after its release year (not sure when it hit decent figures).

Heck, apparently Of Myths and Monsters didn’t even get released in Japan until 2012 on the 3DS VC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom