• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Well, that was a waste of 50 minutes. Seriously, why did Ubisoft even do this? Literally the only thing they actually revealed was Far Cry 6, otherwise, it was all stuff we already saw last year like Watch Dogs or small updates to games already out. And they end it by just saying "oh by the way we are actually saving new games for our NEXT Ubisoft event later this year". Why? We haven't seen stuff like Skull and Bones or Beyond Good and Evil 2 since 2018, what are they even doing?

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Man, it's been awhile since I've been here, but with all these rumors going around, figured it'd be a pretty good chance to check in, and I'm pretty glad I did. Pretty confident that Geno has a really good chance within the next character or two!

I'm still confused. Why are people expecting a direct soon?
People who have leaked directs correctly in the past have been saying that there's one coming very soon, likely on the 20th.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still confused. Why are people expecting a direct soon?
A major source that got one of the last Nintendo Direct dates correct implied the next one will be on the 20th and PushDustin is saying the guy's legit, and PushDustin doesn't talk leaks/direct dates unless he has confidence in the source

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I think a Direct is happening soon, but I think hoping for 3 character reveals is way too much, in my opinion.

I'm not gonna tell people what to think or feel, but personally, I'm just gonna expect at least Fighter #7, and if we get more, great! If not, oh well. Nintendo has been so all over the map with news that I'm not gonna get my hopes up in expecting #8 to be revealed too, let alone #9.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I think a Direct is happening soon, but I think hoping for 3 character reveals is way too much, in my opinion.
Wait, people are discussing three reveals? I can't think of a single time we got more than two non echo reveals at once, let along during dlc time.
E: It definitely happened, carry on.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Man, it's been awhile since I've been here, but with all these rumors going around, figured it'd be a pretty good chance to check in, and I'm pretty glad I did. Pretty confident that Geno has a really good chance within the next character or two!

People who have leaked directs correctly in the past have been saying that there's one coming very soon, likely on the 20th.
A major source that got one of the last Nintendo Direct dates correct implied the next one will be on the 20th and PushDustin is saying the guy's legit, and PushDustin doesn't talk leaks/direct dates unless he has confidence in the source
NateDrake and a leaker who knew about the Mini in March are saying a direct will be coming on the 20th.
Wow, that's really legit! I figured it was probably another general "insiders" like Sabi and Imran who are wrong half the time situation. NateDrake has a great track record, and PushDustin vouching for it is huge considering he's almost always arguing against leaks. This might really be happening!

D

Deleted member

In terms of reveals on the possible Direct, I only think one character is being revealed and will be slated for a release sometime in August. And I'm really hoping that character is Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wow, that's really legit! I figured it was probably another general "insiders" like Sabi and Imran who are wrong half the time situation. NateDrake has a great track record, and PushDustin vouching for it is huge considering he's almost always arguing against leaks. This might really be happening!
Yep, and that's why we should keep our eyes open on the social media for Nintendo throughout the week for any announcements

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, people are discussing three reveals? I can't think of a single time we got more than two non echo reveals at once, let along during dlc time.
There's this:

Otherwise, nothing like that comes to mind; I think the only times that we've gotten three or more reveals were Ken/Incineroar/Piranha Plant (three characters, but one was an echo fighter), the E3 where Ryu was revealed (three characters, but two were veterans and clones), and the direct that revealed K. Rool and Simon (five characters, but three were echo fighters), and every single one of those were Smash-specific presentations.

I figure we're going to get a Direct in the next week or so (otherwise, we know absolutely nothing about the rest of Nintendo's 2020 line-up), but three new unique characters in one Direct seems implausible. I could see two getting revealed if we do get a Direct, since I'd assume that the reveals would have been intended for E3, but three seems like a bit too much, especially if it's a general Direct as opposed to a Smash-specific one.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's this:

Otherwise, nothing like that comes to mind; I think the only times that we've gotten three or more reveals were Ken/Incineroar/Piranha Plant (where one was an echo fighter), the E3 where Ryu was revealed (where two were veterans and clones), and the direct that revealed K. Rool and Simon (where three were echo fighters), and every single one of those were Smash-specific presentations.

I figure we're going to get a Direct in the next week or so (otherwise, we know absolutely nothing about the rest of Nintendo's 2020 line-up), but three new unique characters in one Direct seems implausible. I could see two getting revealed if we do get a Direct, since I'd assume that the reveals would have been intended for E3, but three seems like a bit too much, especially if it's a general Direct as opposed to a Smash-specific one.
It's why I'm expecting only 2 at absolute most rather than 3. I think it's completely fair to expect FP7 without question will be revealed in this direct

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
We got Palutena, Dark Pit, Miis, and Pac-Man all revealed at the same E3

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It's why I'm expecting only 2 at absolute most rather than 3. I think it's completely fair to expect FP7 without question will be revealed in this direct
Oh absolutely. The only time three characters have been known before release was during Smash 4, and even then we knew Lucas would be released prior. We're in that Lucas situation right now. We knew an ARMS character was coming before it was Min Min, and based on traditions for Smash, 2 new DLC character reveals would be realistic this time around.

TBF, though, that was for Smash 4's base game, not the DLC.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I would assume that if this is a combination between the E3 Direct and maybe a 1/2 half of year direct, 2 reveals wouldn’t be that strange. 3 I suppose, but it would be a “Coming out in the next year” type thing. If they don’t plan on keeping quarterly updates, maybe dumping all the info now would be a viable option. If we do have a Direct in July and not one in September (and let’s be real, if it’s been a year since a real direct, why would we expect one in 2 months?), 2 reveals would be what I’d expect, tbh. And if it’s a Mario Direct, I would almost expect one of them to be Mario related.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I highly doubt that we are getting even a double reveal. Sure we have had double and triple reveals... Can´t see them do more than just 3 this year and 3 next year. They put December 2021 for a good reason. Reveal the second one now, for then to have the third one revealed in like September. Would it be nice if we got a double or even triple reveal? Sure, but I don´t hold my breath about it

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Technically E3 2014 had 4 reveals if you want to include :4darkpit:
Yeah, you're right. But really no one was thinking about that until the ESRB leak dropped. I was one of the very few people that took notice of this at the time and I was one of the very few people predicting Dark Pit before the ESRB leak dropped.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm pretty sure E3 was going to be at least a double because there's never been a character big enough to carry the whole show by themselves. To put this in perspective, Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Ridley, and Banjo were not considered big enough reveals to be completely by themselves at E3.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll see 3 reveals. DLC 9 is too far off, especially since we don't even know who 7 & 8 are. 2 reveals should be more than enough to hold everyone over till December at least. Even 1 reveal would tie everyone over till a hypothetical Fall Direct. Also we did just get Min Min not too long ago. I think we're looking at 2 at most

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty sure E3 was going to be at least a double because there's never been a character big enough to carry the whole show by themselves. To put this in perspective, Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Ridley, and Banjo were not considered big enough reveals to be completely by themselves at E3.
The only way I ever see one Smash reveal happening at a E3 is if a ******* 4th party character like Goku get's in which I believe will never happen

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
There's this:

Otherwise, nothing like that comes to mind; I think the only times that we've gotten three or more reveals were Ken/Incineroar/Piranha Plant (three characters, but one was an echo fighter), the E3 where Ryu was revealed (three characters, but two were veterans and clones), and the direct that revealed K. Rool and Simon (five characters, but three were echo fighters), and every single one of those were Smash-specific presentations.

E3 2014: Miis, :4palutena:, :4pacman:

E3 2015: :4lucas:, :4feroy:, :4ryu:
RIP Me

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I don't doubt 3 reveals if the concept of Bonus exists and is more like Extra Packs. In terms of Pass 2, expecting 2 reveals is reasonable considering it's "E3", but no more than that. As always, hype responsibly: don't be annoying with people that are expecting 4 characters, nor act entitled when you don't get what you expected. Just don't go ruining someone else's fun, alright? Be respectful. Though a single Smash reveal would already be miles better than the entire Ubisoft Forward

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear guys, Dixie Kong and Geno would seal the deal for me in this game. I wouldn't ask for anything else after getting K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wasn't thinking it would be three reveals. I was instead excited for the idea that the pass would have Geno, Dixie and Crash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dunno about Geno, Dixie and Crash. Maybe it’s just me, but I am expecting at least one; if there are multiple reveals; to be someone unexpected.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I definitely think a double reveal is likely. This would be like the equivalent to E3, and double reveals are the standard for that. 3 reveals I doubt. But can we stop pretending they are actually planning on releasing CP11 in December 2021? It was confirmed via the Japanese website ages ago that that is a placeholder date. It's just like how on Amazon games with unannounced release dates are listed as December 31st.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think people are thinking about it too literally too. They said they were going to release everyone by New Year's 2022 which means they could release everyone tomorrow and fulfill that promise. Even if you don't entertain more than the remaining 5, there's nothing says that they HAVE to drag development until January 2022.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think people are thinking about it too literally too. They said they were going to release everyone by New Year's 2022 which means they could release everyone tomorrow and fulfill that promise. Even if you don't entertain more than the remaining 5, there's nothing says that they HAVE to drag development until January 2022.
Plus, we're all but guaranteed to get at least 3 revealed/released by the end of this year, and I doubt it would take to December to get the remaining 3 released

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kind of don't see how it would take December of 2021 to finish all the FP2 fighters when it took a year to finish Plant and FP1. This date was decided before Covid-19 came to the fold so I think there is more content this just 6 Challenger Packs. Could Covid-19 delay the DLC? Yes and it has. But I think Sakurai and co want to finish this up as fast as possible. I'm with Fatman on FP2 being all wrapped up by next Summer.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sure, but even if its a placeholder, I highly doubt we get more then just three characters this year, double reveal or not. The fact that they could not even announce Min-Min in March should just prove that the wheels have slowed down for them.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Sure, but even if its a placeholder, I highly doubt we get more then just three characters this year, double reveal or not. The fact that they could not even announce Min-Min in March should just prove that the wheels have slowed down for them.
However, according to Nintendo at their recent investor's meetings, the holiday season releases are still coming out on time/schedule, implying it didn't affect the DLC much if at all

MisterMike

Smash Champion
And while I can't speak for everyone, I don't believe any of us are saying that. Personally, I think it's more likely that they'll release them all by June or September next year. If the next fighter is revealed during this potential Direct for release in September, it'll be about two months between reveal and release, which is rather typical for these fighters. If each one is spaced out like this as well, we'll be done with Fighters Pass Vol. 2 by around that time, well within the deadline but not in a big dump in 8 days like you're theorizing.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
However, according to Nintendo at their recent investor's meetings, the holiday season releases are still coming out on time/schedule, implying it didn't affect the DLC much if at all
""According to a printout from the company's investor call covering the company's fourth quarter, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa has formally stated that the spread of COVID-19 has begun to delay Switch and game production due to a multiple of factors impacting the company at different levels. "

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...tch_production_might_hit_game_development.php

Your saying?

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
""According to a printout from the company's investor call covering the company's fourth quarter, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa has formally stated that the spread of COVID-19 has begun to delay Switch and game production due to a multiple of factors impacting the company at different levels. "

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...tch_production_might_hit_game_development.php

Your saying?
Read the actual article. He's specifically talking about PHYSICAL production of consoles. As for software "Meanwhile, a shift to at-home game development may impact Nintendo's timelines for shipping new titles. However, Furkawa said that for the moment, it's sharing its financial projections with the idea that these games will launch on schedule."

More importantly, that is from May, and in the investors meeting from the end of June they said "While product development is a little behind schedule in some areas due to the impact of COVID-19, game releases planned for this fiscal year are currently not affected. However, if the impact of COVID-19 is prolonged or becomes more severe, we may not be able to release future titles in line with existing plans."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/qa2006e.pdf

Everything seems to be on schedule at this point more or less.

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I think none of us can say anything about this. Remember: no one can tell that something was delayed if that wasn't even announced to begin with. They said they are on schedule (both Nintendo and Sakurai), so I will believe them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom