• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Firox

Smash Master
That 2B tweet by NoA is old news, have y'all seen that they straight up CONFIRMED ****ING CACOMALLOW?!?!?!

We did it lads! It's real!
Malo Mart, you're awesome, but you really can't screw with my heart strings like this, dude. I'm still trying to get my BPM down.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I'll do a direct information dump here.
CREDIT TO FOREST MAZE. -OSCAR

Everything pointing to a direct. Jeff Grubb-

Retweets- BOTH BY CREDIBLE INSIDERS!

FPv2 Card releasing March 23rd-

Zippo saying Paper Mario reveal soon-

Jeffery Grubb comments on possible games-

Listing for what games are being announced soon-
https://nintendoeverything.com/catherine-full-body-rated-for-switch/
https://nintendoeverything.com/xcom-2-collection-seemingly-coming-to-switch/
Xenoblade Soon: Xenoblade Rated In Korea:
Xenoblade Rated By ESRB:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
New rumored Action game-
Xenoblade DE and NMH3 appeared on the eshop
Theres more but this is most of it.
Thank you have a nice day.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So ... if Volume 2 disk is out on the 23rd ... the first fighter HAS to be announced either that day OR before. Right?

Firox

Smash Master
So ... if Volume 2 disk is out on the 23rd ... the first fighter HAS to be announced either that day OR before. Right?
Logically? Yes, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. Logic has nothing to do with them.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
There is that, which we know is very valid.

The other thought ... during Indie direct? That would be unprecedented ... but we are in unprecedented times.

... Indie Rep?

Granted, that's if the whole Indie and General direct time table is accurate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoping for the best for next week.

and of course the following week.

That Nintendo Direct we wants it we needs it!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
My family has been worried about it and my university classes are also going online. (Except for one but I'm not going to commute and be around a bunch of people for one class) I actually have been sick this past week but I'm pretty sure it is a standard cold since it has been progressing like a previous one and that one went away.
A lot of employers are also sending workers home for weeks/month(s). Some people will get paid while they're off because of the coronavirus and can't help it, but unfortunately a lot of people that are being sent home won't be getting paid by their employers, ugh...

I'm hoping Tom Hanks and his wife are doing well as well because they both recently got the coronavirus. I hope the virus doesn't kill them... no more people deserve to die from this virus.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
A lot of employers are also sending workers home for weeks/month(s). Some people will get paid while they're off because of the coronavirus and can't help it, but unfortunately a lot of people that are being sent home won't be getting paid by their employers, ugh...

I'm hoping Tom Hanks and his wife are doing well as well because they both recently got the coronavirus. I hope the virus doesn't kill them... no more people deserve to die from this virus.
Yeah sadly there are now confirmed cases in my city. I work for the Canadian government and we are being asked to work from home starting next week... interesting times we live in...

D

Deleted member

Wait, is this Direct (should it happen next week) going to be the explosion that Fatman speculated?

Good gracious, I'm not ready.
I think the guy who said it said. Indie Presentation next week possibly on the 18th The Direct on the 26th.

So it’d be the Indie Presentation first then the General Direct!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Paraspikey Paraspikey Wow, thanks for that post! Really praying the Indie thing doesn't happen because ffs what a TEEEEEASE!!!

Still hoping we can get a direct on the 19th: "AC COMING OUT TONIGHT! PRE-PURCHASE TO PLAY AT MIDNIGHT!... oh also here's Geno, PM3, and Metroid 5 k w/e". Best Direct *EVER* if I get those 3 things.

If that Paper Mario 3 rumour isn't real I swear..
****ing seriously. I'll find everyone backing it, fly to their houses, and just stare at them as they sleep, then call them a piece of **** when they wake to go to the bathroom and leave.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
At this point in my gaming life I don’t care about anything, just reveal us Geno as #77 and I won’t be asking or speculating for anything ever again.

Geno descends from the stars!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hoping for the best for next week.

and of course the following week.

That Nintendo Direct we wants it we needs it!
I WANT, I NEED IT, NEED IT TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED
SHAKE IT, CAN'T TAKE IT, MUST BREAK IT
BREAK IT OFF, YEAH, WHAT'D I SAY
IsabelleGunGeno.png

D

Deleted member

Man, I’ve seen quite a number of Geno detractors today. Saying he’ll never make it and he’s too irrelevant and a one off side character and all that. But hey, if Geno gets in, maybe some will understand? Someone may make a video on why Geno deserves his inclusion. Geno may not be the most prominent among Mario characters but there’s no deny that he and Mario RPG are like some sort of lost relic in Nintendo’s history. The game was the first RPG in the franchise and also the first Mario game with 3D graphics. And the earliest games if not first with characters having full personality, an actual story, and humor. Smash Bros is a game that is basically a history book not only Nintendo but many consider Smash Ultimate gaming history. If you want a roster that celebrates history, you might as well add in some obscure characters. Having the mentality that only recent, relevant, and popular characters should be allowed, kinda contradicts that and kinda feels less offering with choices. New reps like Joker, old reps like Banjo, and legacy reps like Hero would be the perfect balance. Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
As much as having Geno and Reimu would be kinda neat, these 2 fanbases can't get along and they should focus on their character. I went to their server and let me tell you that I saw the true face of some fans and for the first time, the wish I had for a character decreased because of people. Reimuposters hate every character that isn't Touhou (or Kos-mos because of a leak that linked her to Reimu Xenosaga is objectively the biggest series ever of course). Of course they also hate Geno... or as he is called "irrelevant puppet" wanted by "westies who worship their god called Fatman"
What I'm trying to say is, don't unite with them, ever.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As much as having Geno and Reimu would be kinda neat, these 2 fanbases can't get along and they should focus on their character. I went to their server and let me tell you that I saw the true face of some fans and for the first time, the wish I had for a character decreased because of people. Reimuposters hate every character that isn't Touhou (or Kos-mos because of a leak that linked her to Reimu Xenosaga is objectively the biggest series ever of course). Of course they also hate Geno... or as he is called "irrelevant puppet" wanted by "westies who worship their god called Fatman"
Ew, screw them (the toxic ones, not all the Reimu fans) then, that's really gross. Any groups that are crapping on other characters should just piss off. There's plenty of characters I'm actively against (Sora, Master Chief, and another FF7 rep [especially Sephiroth] being at the top of my list), but I don't crap on them publicly like that, ever. Hell I've even said it'd be kinda insane if Sora or MC got in because that would show the reach that Sakurai has and is willing to go to make the fans happy. I'd even be happy for their fans even though I don't want them in (I did the same during SwSh, which I'm super against). During E3, I was really pissed at some (NOT ALL) Steve fans because they kept going on and on about "irrelevant bear" and they were ultra-salty when the duo got in over him, even going as far as being angry at Sakurai, the man who is literally sacrificing his health to make this game even better than it already was (and it was quite amazing at launch), just to make us, the fans, happier.

All that said, speculation is ultimately just for fun. Sakurai and Nintendo have picked their 6 and nothing any of us do will change who those 6 are. I don't get why you need to be an ass for the sake of fun speculation. To everyone here, don't crap on other groups, even the asshats in the Reimu fans that are crapping on Geno. Crap on individual people if they deserve it, but not characters. The characters haven't done anything to deserve it.

Someone may make a video on why Geno deserves his inclusion
That's been done by a handful of people, PapaGenos and TerminalMontage especially.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ew, screw them (the toxic ones, not all the Reimu fans) then, that's really gross. Any groups that are crapping on other characters should just piss off. There's plenty of characters I'm actively against (Sora, Master Chief, and another FF7 rep [especially Sephiroth] being at the top of my list), but I don't crap on them publicly like that, ever. Hell I've even said it'd be kinda insane if Sora or MC got in because that would show the reach that Sakurai has and is willing to go to make the fans happy. I'd even be happy for their fans even though I don't want them in (I did the same during SwSh, which I'm super against). During E3, I was really pissed at some (NOT ALL) Steve fans because they kept going on and on about "irrelevant bear" and they were ultra-salty when the duo got in over him, even going as far as being angry at Sakurai, the man who is literally sacrificing his health to make this game even better than it already was (and it was quite amazing at launch), just to make us, the fans, happier.

All that said, speculation is ultimately just for fun. Sakurai and Nintendo have picked their 6 and nothing any of us do will change who those 6 are. I don't get why you need to be an ass for the sake of fun speculation. To everyone here, don't crap on other groups, even the asshats in the Reimu fans that are crapping on Geno. Crap on individual people if they deserve it, but not characters. The characters haven't done anything to deserve it.

That's been done by a handful of people, PapaGenos and TerminalMontage especially.
I forgot about that. I’m hoping YouTuber Siiroth would do it. He made a ton of significance videos on the newcomers.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine wanting a tiny shrine girl over a puppet filled with guns possessed by an angelic warrior.

Says a lot more about their character as people than I ever needed to know.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
even after leaving this thread for so long it still continues to grow, i still can't keep up with this thread on everything.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I'll drop this theory off here for the night.
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...ear-your-requests-for-waluigi-and-geno-in-sma

This interview was posted in late 2018, when Fighters Pass 1 fighters were already finalized.
Before I continue, I'll like to address who we're listening too here.
"J.C. Rodrigo".
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jcrodrigo

Rodrigo is a Manger of Product Marketing at Nintendo.
Why is this important? Well, if Nintendo knew about demand, he'll be a guy that would absolutely KNOW about if they're listening.
Being Manager of Product Marketing isn't something to sneeze at, but anyways, but on the point.

He addresses Nintendo is widely aware about the fan-demand of Waluigi and Geno.
And if you look at the date when this happened, it was November 2018.
Right when the characters in FPV1 was being finalized and production already started.

Now, lets go to to the Byleth Presentation.
"1 or 2"
2 bonuses were likely being planned around the time insider Imran gave detail on when they decided to make more DLC, which was around E3 2019.

Now, with proof that Nintendo is listening to fan demand, 2 bonuses were planned, but they said "**** it", and made a whole pass, and everything lining up for Geno's inclusion currently.
I feel like its, more possible now.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

That's how I feel about Doom supporters (of course, not all of them)

"Doom is grandfather of fps!!"
But, Cloud got in before Hero, what's wrong with the same thing happening to fps rep?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Like what, don't mind me asking?
Honestly I was just memeing about people wanting a tiny girl in a cute outfit into Smash. I was trying to hit both the making fun of weebs and the whole 'Hello Police' anime gag in one go without being specific enough to get mods breathing down my neck any more than normal.

Now, want some good news about Geno?

Aaronitmar made another Character Want video and the first on in line is the blue puppet boy himself. He also comes out the gate slapping haters, though I disagree with Geno being obscure depending on what level you are speaking on. In Smash talk, he's basically the most talked about; in general gamer talk, he falls under that label of obscure a lot better.

Here is the video, skipped to him starting talking about Geno.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see? Here are mine.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
Among Mii costume/Spirit characters? Mine would be:

1. Goemon
2. Dixie Kong
3. Tron Bonne
4. Shantae
5. Geno

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That shouldn't be the mentality we carry around. I understand the angst some people may have towards Geno but I think it is always better to be the more open minded party when it comes to individual characters. No doubt Touhou has a ton of popularity and I think there can definitely be some cross between the two fandoms. Nothing wrong if anyone wants both. My first exposure to Touhou has been through the likes of Ronald McDonald Insanity and those Medic TF2 videos (Such a bizarre concept but one I revisit every 1st of each month)

I wouldn't really look to burn any bridges just quite yet. I've already burned one of them years ago and I don't plan on burning another one.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Now, with proof that Nintendo is listening to fan demand, 2 bonuses were planned, but they said "**** it", and made a whole pass, and everything lining up for Geno's inclusion currently.
uwu~ Added your post (and a TL;DR) to the compilation post.

Also, my brain is terrible. I only remember that thing being about Waluigi after he was shown as an AT, not Geno also. Just... Hot damn, if Geno's chances weren't high enough in my mind, this boosted it even further. Also gives Waluigi a bit of a better chance since I thought it was just a "we hear you, please stop asking" kind of article and not a "hey, I know what I'm talking about. They hear you, and we're listening". That's like, as close to a low-key, unofficial, confirmation as you can get, though of course anything is possible and it's entirely possible (but improbable) that neither character is coming. I'm telling you all, it's 100% on Square to not cuck Geno at this point. There's little to no doubt in my mind anymore that Nintendo would greenlight Geno if Square plays ball. Here's hoping!

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...ear-your-requests-for-waluigi-and-geno-in-sma

This interview was posted in late 2018, when Fighters Pass 1 fighters were already finalized.
"J.C. Rodrigo".

Why is this important? Well, if Nintendo knew about demand, he'll be a guy that would absolutely KNOW about if they're listening.
Being Manager of Product Marketing isn't something to sneeze at, but anyways, but on the point.

Right when the characters in FPV1 was being finalized and production already started.

"1 or 2"
2 bonuses were likely being planned around the time insider Imran gave detail on when they decided to make more DLC, which was around E3 2019.

Now THIS could be interesting... Very solid points and observations.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
As a Dragonborn supporter I feel the same pain.
It's funny when it comes to Master Chief...

"Minecraft is the best selling game of all time!! Influential!! He has so much better chance!!"

But when it comes to Dovahkin...

"Doom is so influential!!"

They forget Skyrim is just as influential in its own right. Hell, it influenced even Breath of the Wild. It sold way more than Doom just like Minecraft vs Halo.

Nicnac

Smash Ace

"Minecraft is the best selling game of all time!! Influential!! He has so much better chance!!"

They forget Skyrim is just as influential in its own right. Hell, it influenced even Breath of the Wild. It sold way more than Doom just like Minecraft vs Halo.
This is the Geno thread. I get it, you hate Doom Slayer, and want Dragonborn but this conversation has literally nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

While I'm at it, can we not try and **** on other fanbases? It sucks when it happens to us- be better.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Man, I’ve seen quite a number of Geno detractors today. Saying he’ll never make it
The funny thing is I used to be one of the people who believed Geno had absolutely no chance. I also thought the same of a no-cut scenario (let alone never even remotely entertaining the notion of every veteran returning) and two child Links being in the same game. Then E3 2018 happened and I was absolutely caught off-guard with how wrong I was and this caused me to reevaluate what I thought I knew.

Whilst I am neither a Geno supporter nor particularly confident in his prospect of being playable, I do acknowledge he has at the very least a realistic chance and trying to constantly argue based on the notion he doesn’t isn’t very wise.

And on a slightly different topic, who really expected :ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultsnake::ultpokemontrainer::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool: all to end up being part of the base roster for this game when it was first announced, particularly in comparison to characters deemed "safer" for the base roster pre-Ultimate announcement like Spring Man and Rex?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Imagine wanting a tiny shrine girl over a puppet filled with guns possessed by an angelic warrior.

Says a lot more about their character as people than I ever needed to know.

It's not a good idea to try and pit fanbases against each other, particularly when every fanbase is going to have its toxic elements. (even among Geno fans, there are people who will try to tear down other Square-Enix characters if it makes his chances seem better) I'm not familiar with Touhou, or Skyrim (I should sit down and play it, but I have a tough time getting into open world games - I'm paralyzed with choice at times), but it seems hypocritical to mock Touhou fans for supporting KOS-MOS because of a leak that included her and Reimu when plenty of us Geno fans have been guilty of the exact same sort of thing with Doomguy and the Cacomallow pictures/video.

I get it when it was something like Steve vs. Banjo, where the future of DLC was uncertain at the time, it seemed like there was only enough room for one Microsoft character, and both sides had valid points, but even then, it's something that should be avoided. In this case, Geno and Reimu have nothing to do with each other (aside from a projectile-heavy moveset, but a lot of potential characters have that, including Doomguy), so I'm not sure where the animosity is coming from.

Last edited:

AshPeer

Smash Cadet

"J.C. Rodrigo".

"1 or 2"

Great find!

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792

"J.C. Rodrigo".

"1 or 2"

I’m always down for more Geno news but question: where do they actually reference Geno and Waluigi in the article? It almost seems like the writer used specific character mentions and applied them to JC’s broad statement of “We hear you”.

Or are we just insinuating that the Geno and the Waluigi fan bases are the loudest, so by default Nintendo knows about us?

just trying to get clarity!

zferolie

Smash Hero

"J.C. Rodrigo".

"1 or 2"

Interesting. If maybe this whole pass is about upgrading Spirits, Mii costumes, and AT's that people want playable, I can see the pass looking like this.

1. Shantae
2. Isaac
3. Rayman
4. Waluigi
5. Rex and Pyra
6. Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom