• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hmm... y'know, I just thought of something. Geno's probably the most pro-american, anti-communist character in the Mario universe.
  • Typically wears bright blue colors, augmented to a Stars and Stripes-esque design via the Star Cape, his best armor.
  • Uses guns and fireworks/bright flashy light as his weapons.
  • Wants to democratize wishes again, believes everyone's wishes should come true, and despises when people try to force their will onto others.
  • Fights against evil invading forces who brandish bladed weapons and hammers.
  • Wholesome christian boy.
  • He and Liberty Prime are never in the same place at the same time.
Change my mind.

Okay, I've got a question for you guys, when was the first time you experienced Super Mario RPG and or learned about Geno? My first experience playing Super Mario RPG was a neighbors house when I lived in a small town called Ruthton many years ago as a kid. I never got to play the game fully or own my own copy until late 2007 or so because I distinctly remember beating the game for the first time the night before Brawl released. That, and I learned of Geno primarily thanks to Smash Kingdom.
Newgrounds circa 2006-2007, Smash Kingdom and Rawest Forest.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So I thought of a cute little trailer if Geno is revealed:

The opening scene, instead of being CG, is live-action. It shows a boy, with his face hidden, playing with dolls of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, and Bowser. Offscreen, the mom calls the boy for dinner but he protests and says “In a minute, Mom!” She angrily repeats herself one more time. The boy sighs, picks up Mario to look at it, and walks away.

When the boy walks out the room, the dolls of the previously named characters start waking up! Mario and the gang begin running and jumping around the room while Bowser trips and falls on his face. Rubbing his nose, he looks up find them drawn to a blue box. Looking up, they see a falling, glimmering star from down from the ceiling and into the toy box. They look uncertainly at each other when, suddenly, a light explodes out from the chest which knocks them off the box and onto the floor. Mario rubs his head and looks up as, ascending in an almost holy manner is, Geno. Cue Geno splash.

Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi all look excited to see their old friend while Luigi is left in confusion of who this is.
That would be a rather comforting/heartwarming trailer to see. That or something with Rosalina would definitely work with him

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I do want Gaz involved with Geno somehow. Having him in one of the victory screens ala Robin/Chrom would be great but I'm all but sure if any other SMRPG character gets a cameo, it'll be Mallow. They gave Joker Morgana and Hero Slime so I can easily see that degree of fan service for Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I do want Gaz involved with Geno somehow. Having him in one of the victory screens ala Robin/Chrom would be great but I'm all but sure if any other SMRPG character gets a cameo, it'll be Mallow. They gave Joker Morgana and Hero Slime so I can easily see that degree of fan service for Geno.
I can see that. It would also make sense for one of Geno's victory quotes to be "I serve a higher authority"

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
*People from 4Chan and GameFAQS*

There goes Fatman again speculating things. Now he wants Gaz in the game. When does his crap ever stop!?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm not opposed to Lara Croft or 2B at all, I'm just thinking of how Square would prioritize their business model, and unfortunately Lara's fallen on hard times given how her last game performed, though her crossover in Brawlhalla certainly gives her a bit of a comeback. That, and the timing of 2B's inclusion in Soul Calibur 6 makes me question if she still has a shot. She's not impossible by any means, but I think knowing that Sakurai's been wanting to put Geno in the game for over 10 years since Brawl gives me the impression Geno's going to be higher priority.
Higher priority from a higher authority to be exact

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Okay, I've got a question for you guys, when was the first time you experienced Super Mario RPG and or learned about Geno? My first experience playing Super Mario RPG was a neighbors house when I lived in a small town called Ruthton many years ago as a kid. I never got to play the game fully or own my own copy until late 2007 or so because I distinctly remember beating the game for the first time the night before Brawl released. That, and I learned of Geno primarily thanks to Smash Kingdom.
I'm not sure. It was around the time of the ballot or the Mii costume being revealed. Even though I was on Newgrounds (well, 2013, also I'm embarrassed about my username), I didn't hear of Geno at all then. I first played SMRPG on a phone emulator in Summer 2018, then I got a SNES classic for Christmas.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's 5:00 PM Eastern and nothing. Guess we'll be waiting on that March Direct, if there is one.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There almost assuredly is given how Amiibo theory has been on the mark so far.
No kidding! If there isn't a Direct next month and there has to be one in April, when those Amiibos are releasing, I don't think this would be good for Nintendo.

MattX20

Smash Hero
...I just realized that the next 4 posts after this one I make is...a not desirable number to have

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...if they ever did a full blown remake of Super Mario RPG for the Switch, would they go with 3D models like the original or something more like Mario and Luigi's art direction? I imagine Geno would look fine either way.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Topic: SMRPG2 happens, or there’s a SMRPG remake with creative liberties. Either way, Geno gets an updated redesign. You are in charge of said redesign, and you can make whatever changes to Geno that you want.

If given the opportunity to redesign Geno, what would you change about Geno to improve his design IYO?
Gonna have to agree with popped collar, doing something about the wooden man boobs, and a sort of creator signature. Beyond that, most new designs make Geno taller and slimmer than he really is in SMRPG and I'd definitely go in that direction.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So ... we must wait some more for a direct.

Oye. Still holding off on the pass until we get something.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sweet, another month we can agonize over before hoping for April.
Don't be down. I am sure that we will get a Direct soon in March. Nintendo is not dumb enough to not release a Direct later than that and make it close to E3.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Don't be down. I am sure that we will get a Direct soon in March. Nintendo is not dumb enough to not release a Direct later than that and make it close to E3.
Exactly. I doubt Nintendo is going to tolerate the complaints about a lack of a direct for too much longer either.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With PAX 2020 happening this week. It makes sense that a General Direct wouldn't be making an appearence this month

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
So those Geno figures are looking like they're progressing well, it seems. I bought some DKC2 Kremcoins from him not too long ago and they were high-quality, so I hope we see similar results here:

https://twitter.com/cutemonsterprop/status/1232768790758379522

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I've always wanted to get a Geno plush like that one that was commissioned off of facebook years ago, but a statue is very welcome too. Obviously, would still get an Amiibo for Geno (several) should he make it, but at this point if there's any merch for SMRPG, fanmade or otherwise, I'm getting it.

D

Deleted member

I was in a summer camp that my parents took me to due to them working. They had a computer with a SNES emulator and Mario RPG was one of the games on it. I played through the entire thing. It was awesome cause everyone was watching the final battle and when I beat it everyone popped off.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I was in a summer camp that my parents took me to due to them working. They had a computer with a SNES emulator and Mario RPG was one of the games on it. I played through the entire thing. It was awesome cause everyone was watching the final battle and when I beat it everyone popped off.
Never really got to use emulators beyond DOSBOX

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, here is something fun for discussion. What does each music track in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars make you think about or imagine? For me...

Midas River Theme: Makes me think of a countryside area near a waterfall and river where people are mining for gold, possibly on the waterfall itself.

Smithy's Theme Part 2: A guy going crazy and shooting and throwing everything he has, literally, while the heroes move fast to try and stop him.

Smithy's Theme Part 1: A bad guy feeling he is going to win when he takes on heroes and already celebrating his win somehow.

Culex's Theme: A mage casting spells, enough said.

Bandit's Way: A crazy search for something, and not just the bandit itself.

And My Name Is Booster: Playtime at a cards game with someone dealing the cards as the players play.

Here's Some Weapons: Trouble brewing in town, but the heroes don't know what the source is or what is happening, yet.

MInecart Minigame Music: A country themed area, possibly somewhere in the Southern US, where people are moving their feet to get some gold while others take their gold in a hurry to exchange it for cash.

Nimbus Land: People playing on the clouds feeling that today will be a great day full of promise.

Barrel Volcano: People moving quickly as they walk barefoot on hot coals.

Bowser's Keep: Something ominous is going to happen, and near the end of the music, you are running out of time, and at the end of the music, a great disaster quickly happens.

Mushroom Kingdom: Walking around a royal town full of citizens as you and they, later in the music, praise the ruler of the kingdom.
Marrymore: People having the happiest time of their lives.

Star Hill: Wishes being sent around waiting to come true, and as the bells ring, they come true.

Booster Hill: People scrambling through a place to get the last desired item of its kind for themselves, sometimes fighting over it.

Factory: People working hard in the darkness in a not so happy area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom