• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
That’s what I’m currently leaning towards. It would certainly make sense to hear that Crash is in active development and just assume it’s #5, especially with how inexplicably secretive(and particularly underwhelming) the real #5 was. As we currently have both a pretty damn credible source(Mii Costume leaker) and a less-credible-yet-particularly-interesting one(MandyCan) saying Crash, I’m pretty inclined to believe it, and Crash getting in would give a lot more relevance to the Mii Costume leak itself.

At the same time, however, as things get further and further away from the leak’s original date without either showing up, Cacomallow becomes less and less likely, especially if an entirely separate character shows up as #6.

Crash would also inexplicably line up with my very weird Mirror Theory in a strange way, being a known “Playstation” character not owned by Sony, which Joker also lines up with. Watch as the rest are a JRPG protagonist, Geno(to cover the same long-awaited request niche that Banjo did), a fighting game character with command inputs, a marketing rep, and... well, who knows for the last one.
PicsArt_01-08-10.36.54.jpg

Woah... Now that you mention it that would line up perfectly. There is the Heihachi mii costume missing still which can be the fighting rep, there can be a new pokemon for a shill rep, and geno/crash will be the fan pick. I really do think it's entirely possible Crash was swapped. You also gotta realize they probably had a lot of mii costumes ready, just because one looks complete doesn't mean they're going to release it right away.

If Crash really is FP6 then we may have a bright future ahead of us, fellas.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Woah... Now that you mention it that would line up perfectly. There is the Heihachi mii costume missing still which can be the fighting rep, there can be a new pokemon for a shill rep, and geno/crash will be the fan pick. I really do think it's entirely possible Crash was swapped. You also gotta realize they probably had a lot of mii costumes ready, just because one looks complete doesn't mean they're going to release it right away.

Heihachi was part of Pacman's taunt, and if we're getting a Tekken character in Smash, it's going to be Jin due to him being the main character. Heihachi's mii fighter costume is the most likely to return of the 3 Bamco ones. That, and the Geno mii costume is probably the most likely to be scrapped if he becomes a full fighter.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
View attachment 259202

I just don’t quite buy that they’d have the costumes for #7 and #8 ready and working in-game in what one would presume to be nine months to a year in advance, if Crash is #6. On the off chance that Doomguy happens anyway, I don’t think it’d have anything to do with that leak.

It’ll absolutely be worth looking out in the next few weeks/months for Crash, though.

Heihachi was part of Pacman's taunt, and if we're getting a Tekken character in Smash, it's going to be Jin due to him being the main character. Heihachi's mii fighter costume is the most likely to return of the 3 Bamco ones. That, and the Geno mii costume is probably the most likely to be scrapped if he becomes a full fighter.
As for the fighting game rep, I think it’s personally more likely to see an Arcsys rep in that slot after the recent RCR spirits, and it could absolutely arrive with the Heihachi costume. Either way, though, it’d be the weirdest goddamn thing if it really turns out that all Smash DLC mirrors the previous set of Smash DLC.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Oh boy, can't wait for the tommorrow to be nothing but "DOOMGUY DECONFIRMED, SUCK IT DOOMFANS" everywhere. People act like it's certain fanbases that are toxic but really it is this general subset of people, regardless of who they want, who see every other character as an "obstacle" to whoever they want in, and take every instance like this and laugh it up.
Heck, I don't think these people even have characters they want added. They just want to hate a potential addition. Then if that character is eventually playable, they just move onto hating the next potential.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Last edited:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I think they could just be baiting... like the Banjo musician being lowkey about Banjo's inclusion, citing that he hopes it happens. Drop expectations to raise hype later. Could be wrong though! I still believe in the Cacomallow leak, if only a little bit.

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Ubisoft has mii costumes in smash now, and they dont have a character in. The cacomallow leak can still be real if doomguy isnt in. Could just be that Bethesda just has mii costumes, and geno is actually in.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Regardless of leaks, I would find it REALLY, REALLY hard to believe Sakurai wouldn't add Crash in due to his legacy and timely revival. Since Banjo-Kazooie, I think he might be more interested in dealing with Western companies.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
So we talking about Crash as possibly number 6? Why do y'all have to get me excited like that? I certainly don't believe Crash is coming mostly because he's actually a character I actually really want. If the fighters pass taught me anything it's expect the unexpected and expect that unexpected thing to be fun even though it's not what I wanted.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So we talking about Crash as possibly number 6? Why do y'all have to get me excited like that? I certainly don't believe Crash is coming mostly because he's actually a character I actually really want. If the fighters pass taught me anything it's expect the unexpected and expect that unexpected thing to be fun even though it's not what I wanted.
I mean we got Banjo, so Crash doesn’t seem so impossible now. I hope we get Geno as number 6 though because it would suck having to wait until E3 or later.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
That’s what I’m currently leaning towards. It would certainly make sense to hear that Crash is in active development and just assume it’s #5, especially with how inexplicably secretive(and particularly underwhelming) the real #5 was. As we currently have both a pretty damn credible source(Mii Costume leaker) and a less-credible-yet-particularly-interesting one(MandyCan) saying Crash, I’m pretty inclined to believe it, and Crash getting in would give a lot more relevance to the Mii Costume leak itself.

At the same time, however, as things get further and further away from the leak’s original date without either showing up, Cacomallow becomes less and less likely, especially if an entirely separate character shows up as #6.

Crash would also inexplicably line up with my very weird Mirror Theory in a strange way, being a known “Playstation” character not owned by Sony, which Joker also lines up with. Watch as the rest are a JRPG protagonist, Geno(to cover the same long-awaited request niche that Banjo did), a fighting game character with command inputs, a marketing rep, and... well, who knows for the last one.
I'm still holding out for Cacomallow being real, however, I think that if Geno doesn't make it within the first three of FP#2 (Fighter 6, 7 or 8) then it's pretty much dead. In fact, I'm gonna be sweating bullets if none of the next three end up as Geno. I know he could still be 9, 10 or 11 but the odds would be getting exponentially worse with each reveal.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

You just described the exact rumor about Ryu hayabusa the byleth and him switched places in fighter packs

But you changed it to crash

But anyway this is infact my big reason for either crash, ryu and master chief for fighter pack 6-8

But I can assure geno will probably be coming too

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
One thing I wanna remind people about, though, is that we should take ANY leak info with a HEAVY grain of salt. Reason being, Byleth is pretty heavy proof that Sakurai has finally found an ironclad way of locking down information. Leakers were almost totally in the dark, and even those that supposedly weren't were so vague you can hardly call them useful. In short, I think info PRIOR to Byleth can still be explored and applied, but until proven otherwise it's probably safe to assume that everything from here on out is pure hearsay. At very least, we'll need to see the next couple of fighters to confirm which rumor paths carry any weight.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
It could be they were testing their secrecy methods with Byleth (A character who didn't really need to remain mysterious) to make sure it works when applied to someone they really want to keep under wraps (i.e. big name/longtime fan request-esque releases).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One thing I wanna remind people about, though, is that we should take ANY leak info with a HEAVY grain of salt. Reason being, Byleth is pretty heavy proof that Sakurai has finally found an ironclad way of locking down information. Leakers were almost totally in the dark, and even those that supposedly weren't were so vague you can hardly call them useful. In short, I think info PRIOR to Byleth can still be explored and applied, but until proven otherwise it's probably safe to assume that everything from here on out is pure hearsay. At very least, we'll need to see the next couple of fighters to confirm which rumor paths carry any weight.
Trying to keep it low due to the moderators

But sabi did know it was byleth but he refused to talk and both him and verge were 100% correct on who FP5 was not.

Firox

Smash Master
It could be they were testing their secrecy methods with Byleth (A character who didn't really need to remain mysterious) to make sure it works when applied to someone they really want to keep under wraps (i.e. big name/longtime fan request-esque releases).
That's very possible. One thing we now know for sure is that the primary leaker contacts are within the corporate distribution/promotion chain, likely within the American and European branches of Nintendo. By delaying Byleth's release, Sakurai was able to shut down the leakers that typically spill the beans within 24-48 hours prior to release as we've seen multiple times before. The unfortunate side effect of this though is that we'll likely never get a same-day reveal/release ever again.

Trying to keep it low due to the moderators

But sabi did know it was byleth but he refused to talk and both him and verge were 100% correct on who FP5 was not.
Sabi, as far as I'm aware, never specifically said Byleth prior to the reveal. They said it would be "related to Nintendo" and gave a list of characters it WOULDN'T be. That said, "related to Nintendo" is incredibly vague and broad. Literally ever third party character in the game thus far has at least SOME relation to Nintendo or its history. As for the list of NOT HAPPENINGS, it's far easier to guess what something isn't than to guess what it is. You are statistically FAR more likely to be right in such a case, especially considering Sakurai's unpredictable nature. Even if Sabi and Verge were 100% right and "knew" all along, they still didn't offer any legitimately useful info for predicting who the next fighter WOULD be. I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you lack the testicular fortitude to make a claim and stand by it, then what good is your info? If they can't name a specific character or offer any obvious clues, then I have no reason to give them credit for their "knowledge".

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, in regards to the stage that Geno comes with, would Mallow be merely a background character or something akin to the summons in the Midgard stage?

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
So, in regards to the stage that Geno comes with, would Mallow be merely a background character or something akin to the summons in the Midgard stage?
I feel like if we got characters who effect the battle it would be Smithy's minions. For example we could get Bowyer shooting arrows from the background, Axem black could throw bombs at certain areas at the stage, Mack could bounce from one side of the stage to the other. If it was Mallow though he would probably use Thunderbolt to do small damage to people on large parts of the stage and Shocker to do massive damage to a small part of the stage.

Firox

Smash Master
Why not both? For all we know, they could make him a kind of stage hazard. He could start crying and cause a flood, or get pissed and start raining down lightning. Then again, he could be like the SNK crew and just strike a pose in the background. It's hard to say for sure, but I'm 100% sure that if Geno gets in, you can bet Mallow will make an appearance.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah... that interview pretty much killed Doomguy & Cacamallow. This is to direct to make a Kirkhope. Does this kill Genos chances though? Heck no

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It depends on his role and what stage. I dont see him in the forest maze compared to a place like Nimbus Land or even Tadpole Pond. That is if Sakurai is deciding on doing a transforming stage.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
In the latest Smash news...

This is certainly an interesting development. I do wonder how this is going to influence Smash speculation now that we know ArkSys is for sure involved, but a rep from them has little influence on Geno's chances, so it ain't worth going into to much detail here.

It does touch back into my weird desire for an ArkSys Mario fighting game though.
Will he be called Kunio or Alex?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Yeah... that interview pretty much killed Doomguy & Cacamallow. This is to direct to make a Kirkhope. Does this kill Genos chances though? Heck no
I really wouldn't be so quick to say it disconfirms the CacoMallow Post. While they said that nothings come up regarding getting Doomguy in Smash, which very well could be as good as a disconfirmation for him, it's still possible that there's DOOM content in general coming to Smash in the form of a Mii Costume or two, perhaps alongside another Bethesda character like Dragonborn or Fallout Boy.

Will he be called Kunio or Alex?
Yes.

Firox

Smash Master
https://nintendoeverything.com/doom...n-smash-bros-but-never-gone-anywhere-serious/

With that said... Over/under 50% that the mii leak (hopefully) is real for the sake of Geno?
This is some good info. Looks like it basically kills Doomslayer more than anything else, though it doesn't outright kill the chances of a different Bethesda rep from getting in with the Cacodemon costume. Still, it does actually hurt Cacomallow a bit. In my personal opinion, the "real factor" of Cacomallow has now dropped from 90% to about 30 or 40%. Definitely looking more fake than real, but there are still a few factors to support it such as the possible "leaker" not coming forward, etc. In short, this doesn't outright hurt Geno, but it certainly isn't helping either.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I really wouldn't be so quick to say it disconfirms the CacoMallow Post. While they said that nothings come up regarding getting Doomguy in Smash, which very well could be as good as a disconfirmation for him, it's still possible that there's DOOM content in general coming to Smash in the form of a Mii Costume or two, perhaps alongside another Bethesda character like Dragonborn or Vault Boy.
I was always uncertain on Sakurai's position regarding putting in DoomGuy into Smash Bros. However, I don't see a reason to deny that Doom could still receive content in the form of just a Mii Costume similar to Assassin's Creed (another overly violent game, out of Nintendo's safe space) game. Especially with how it was dropped in out of the blue.

Either way, I refuse to give judgement either way at this point. I'm split 50/50 on Cacomallow but I still find Geno is fair game until his Mii Costume appears or another Square Enix/Mario character arrives.

D

Deleted member

That interview reminds me of that Brawl Capcom interview why MegaMan wasn’t added. They were no plans. Like this interview implying that weren’t serious discussions and plans for Doomguy like their being honest about it.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about Mii Costumes lately and they seem to just drop them at random now. Cuphead has a strong connection to Microsoft but was shown among a Nintendo character, while Pokemon is a 2nd party of Nintendo but the Rocket Grunt was shown with a Microsoft character.
The Capcom costumes seem to get thrown out at random, so i don't really know anymore if a Capcom character can be expected for season 2.
Also the random Ubisoft costumes came as a surprise.
A Square and Namco rep for season 2 still have good evidence behind them, but they could also always get random-dropped as they don't really follow a pattern anymore. They might even do this intentionally either to not spill the beans prematurely or as a red herring in scenario B. I'd just recommend to always be on the watch during the costume sections in season 2.

Also on a side-note, the Tales Logo Trademarks, which many Lloyd fans took as confirmation for him gettig into Smash as a series symbol there, were now confirmed to be unsurprisingly just used for the 25th anniversary for Tales:

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/ne...logos-revealed-changes-in-game-categorization

Lloyd now has nothing left anymore that would speak in favor of him as the Namco rep. Especially not year old rumors when even Sakurai said additional DLC wasn't planned from the get-go. There was actually nothing that spoke in favor of him before as it was very obvious those logos are just generic stuff not meant for Smash, but now it's finally official!
Imagine thinking that the trademarked symbols being used for something else automatically kills Lloyd's chances. Even worse, imagine thinking that means Heihachi has a chance despite being a taunt for Pac-Man while Sakurai mentioned Tekken is too complex with it's inputs to put into Smash and has an existing Mii Costumes you can just bring over instead.

At most we would get both returning with a different Namco Character.

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net...23527645937675/669337112214110228/unknown.png
It may look like the fighters won’t slowly distribute after all since the specific time frame wasn’t decided.
I mean, wasn't this much obvious? I hate to sound like a prick but due to how fast Team Soccer Guy was popping out characters in 2019 it makes no sense for them to take that long to make more characters and really just felt like they needed to slap a date on it and they had no idea so they just picked an extreme date and said "There!"

Also, I was going to reward you guys with some positive media about Geno that I'm surprised no one has talked about yet, but since you all returned to this thread IMMEDIATELY like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome victims and a sudden interview that is a perfect definition of 'dodging the question' I've seen from someone who isn't a politician is making you all think a Bethesda rep (which never had much pull for it anyway outside CacoMallow, be real with yourselves) and the CacoMallow vid images are all fake and that now Geno is less likely suddenly out of nowhere I don't feel like you deserve it.

So, have this instead.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Zero also talking about how he thinks Geno has a bigger chance of being a fighter and NOT a mii costume. Really is great having all these youtubers have Geno's back. 7:51

https://youtu.be/i1jciAoIDSM

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This is some good info. Looks like it basically kills Doomslayer more than anything else, though it doesn't outright kill the chances of a different Bethesda rep from getting in with the Cacodemon costume. Still, it does actually hurt Cacomallow a bit. In my personal opinion, the "real factor" of Cacomallow has now dropped from 90% to about 30 or 40%. Definitely looking more fake than real, but there are still a few factors to support it such as the possible "leaker" not coming forward, etc. In short, this doesn't outright hurt Geno, but it certainly isn't helping either.
Ehm, if they were never serious about the Doom talk, why would we get Cacademon costumes? This if anything kills CacaMallow leak. But it certainly doesn¨t kill Genos chances.

T2by4

Smash Lord
They could still be hiding the fact that cacodemon costume is still in. Even if doomguy isn't in, they never outright said that cacodemon wasn't a costume either. It may be possible we have an entirely different bethesda rep like dovahkiin.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also, I was going to reward you guys with some positive media about Geno that I'm surprised no one has talked about yet, but since you all returned to this thread IMMEDIATELY like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome victims and a sudden interview that is a perfect definition of 'dodging the question' I've seen from someone who isn't a politician is making you all think a Bethesda rep (which never had much pull for it anyway outside CacoMallow, be real with yourselves) and the CacoMallow vid images are all fake and that now Geno is less likely suddenly out of nowhere I don't feel like you deserve it.

So, have this instead.
If you have something to share, share it.

You aren't the thread's dad (or mom) :ultpacman:

Heoj

Smash Ace
While im doubting doomguy getting in as a full character now im pretty much convinced we will be getting doom content in some degree, and this is where cacomallow comes in, as I think cacomallow is 100% real but it just means that the doom franchise is only getting 1 or 2 miis and a spirit event.
Im still really damn confident in geno though.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Imagine thinking that the trademarked symbols being used for something else automatically kills Lloyd's chances. Even worse, imagine thinking that means Heihachi has a chance despite being a taunt for Pac-Man while Sakurai mentioned Tekken is too complex with it's inputs to put into Smash and has an existing Mii Costumes you can just bring over instead.

At most we would get both returning with a different Namco Character.

I mean, wasn't this much obvious? I hate to sound like a prick but due to how fast Team Soccer Guy was popping out characters in 2019 it makes no sense for them to take that long to make more characters and really just felt like they needed to slap a date on it and they had no idea so they just picked an extreme date and said "There!"

So, have this instead.

Imagine acting overly rude just because someone disagrees with your irrelevant niche most-wanted (not the first time either!)
When was Heihachi added to the taunt? Before season 2 was even decided! Stated by Sakurai in the livestream! Season 2 wasn't planned from the start! At least Heihachi got an acknowledgement in some form! What did Lloyd get? Nothing! Because he's a literal nobody! He wasn't saved for being repped either as Byleth was #5. Sakurai was ok with Lloyd not being in the game at all when no further DLC was planned! Let that sink in! Your argument took a 180° against you now!
Also same could be said for Lloyd: why make him a character when you can just port over his costume with less effort, lmao.
And that comment about Heihachi having a difficult moveset originates from 2014, before Ryu was even included. Six years ago. Sakurai has far more expertise in implementinf Fighting Game characters now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom