• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
They could still be hiding the fact that cacodemon costume is still in. Even if doomguy isn't in, they never outright said that cacodemon wasn't a costume either. It may be possible we have an entirely different bethesda rep like dovahkiin.
If they never were serious about Doom for Smash.. why would they grab Cacademon as a costume? Having Dovakhin as a fighter with Fault Boy as a costume makes more sense now if Bethesda gets a rep. PS... I get that CacaMallow was a sign towards Geno, but it certainly was not a end all be all, like some of you seem to think

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Imagine acting overly rude just because someone disagrees with your irrelevant niche most-wanted (not the first time either!)
When was Heihachi added to the taunt? Before season 2 was even decided! Stated by Sakurai in the livestream! Season 2 wasn't planned from the start! At least Heihachi got an acknowledgement in some form! What did Lloyd get? Nothing! Because he's a literal nobody! He wasn't saved for being repped either as Byleth was #5. Sakurai was ok with Lloyd not being in the game at all when no further DLC was planned! Let that sink in! Your argument took a 180° against you now!
Also same could be said for Lloyd: why make him a character when you can just port over his costume with less effort, lmao.
And that comment qbout Heihachi havimg a difficult moveset originates from 2014, before Ryu was even included. Six years ago. Sakurai has far more expertise in implementinf Fighting Game characters now
I dont agree with everything forsaken says but calling Lloyd "a literal nobody" aint it, chief.
guy eating with a geno hat.png

Ps:added a geno hat

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
That interview reminds me of that Brawl Capcom interview why MegaMan wasn’t added. They were no plans. Like this interview implying that weren’t serious discussions and plans for Doomguy like their being honest about it.
This is also a good point. How do we know the interview isn't some hardcore misdirection? It's not like we've ever had a dev outright admit that their character is coming.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Come on peeps, I only lurk in here, but this thread was just locked not too long ago. Let's not start arguments that'll get it locked again right after.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ehm, if they were never serious about the Doom talk, why would we get Cacademon costumes? This if anything kills CacaMallow leak. But it certainly doesn't kill Genos chances.
If they never were serious about Doom for Smash.. why would they grab Cacademon as a costume? Having Dovakhin as a fighter with Fault Boy as a costume makes more sense now if Bethesda gets a rep. PS... I get that CacaMallow was a sign towards Geno, but it certainly was not a end all be all, like some of you seem to think
Well, why would they be against having costumes in the game when they not only do that for most other characters that they don't end up adding as a fighter, but also would have little trouble adding such in? I mean, they recently added an Assassin's Creed character as a costume despite his game being both a western IP and pretty violent, so I don't think either of those would stop them from adding in a DOOM costume or two.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I want a DLC assist trophy to come out with Geno: Untitled Goose.
Untitled Goose honks, steals your held item, uses it against you, and then honks again.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Warning Issued
If you have something to share, share it.

You aren't the thread's dad (or mom) :ultpacman:
Hmmm....I guess I could, but that would mean rewarding people for something bad, and living with young nephews and nieces has taught me that you don't do that unless you want to further that bad behavior, which I would love for this thread to stop doing. Thus...

Firox

Smash Master
Well, why would they be against having costumes in the game when they not only do that for most other characters that they don't end up adding as a fighter, but also would have little trouble adding such in? I mean, they recently added an Assassin's Creed character as a costume despite his game being both a western IP and pretty violent, so I don't think either of those would stop them from adding in a DOOM costume or two.
Exactly. I think people are reading too far into the interview. Assuming that the comments were 100% legit, the only statement being made is that Doomslayer was not seriously considered as a playable character....but what does "seriously" mean? As in, straight-up no? Or as a costume? An easter egg via Cacodemon? Just because the dev says "No Doomslayer" (which they didn't) that doesn't automatically = No Bethesda rep, thus = FaKe CaCoMalLoW. The interview is still a useful piece of evidence against Cacomallow but it hardly stands as a perfect kill.

Rip the CacoMallow Leak, more specifically the Playable Doom Slayer part
A couple important points to remember:

A) Cacomallow is a video leak that depicts a Cacodemon costume. Nowhere in it did it ever say or propose that Doomslayer was ever going to be playable. This is an assumption made by fans under the pretense that it was real.

B) "Never being approached" by Nintendo about Doomslayer is not the same as saying that Bethesda didn't approach Nintendo. Or that Nintendo didn't approach them for Dragonborn, etc. Did Ubisoft ever say anything about being approached for Assassin's Creed? No. And they didn't have to any more than Bethesda has to about any of their IPs.

C) Think about this from the dev's perspective. If a journalist outright asks you if your character is in Smash, but you're under NDA not to publicize the truth, what do you do? Playing coy or choosing not to answer is the same as a confirmation, thus the easiest solution is to either lie or tell a half-truth. Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure unless you're actually an exec for Bethesda or Nintendo. We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
How do you guys imagine a hypothetical Geno trailer would play out? My personal basic rough idea at this point is that it's a WOL trailer with Galeem sending out minions against the Mario cast and Geno's spirit repossesses the body and comes in for the save.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For myself, I did misread it as basically talks falling through in general, but I was skeptical of the leak for a while now.

I'm leaning towards fake myself with that in mind(used to lean towards real).

Regardless, we'll see what happens. If it's fake, it was a really damn good one an we could see cool mods akin to that in the future~

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine acting overly rude just because someone disagrees with your irrelevant niche most-wanted (not the first time either!)
When was Heihachi added to the taunt? Before season 2 was even decided! Stated by Sakurai in the livestream! Season 2 wasn't planned from the start! At least Heihachi got an acknowledgement in some form! What did Lloyd get? Nothing! Because he's a literal nobody! He wasn't saved for being repped either as Byleth was #5. Sakurai was ok with Lloyd not being in the game at all when no further DLC was planned! Let that sink in! Your argument took a 180° against you now!
Also same could be said for Lloyd: why make him a character when you can just port over his costume with less effort, lmao.
And that comment about Heihachi having a difficult moveset originates from 2014, before Ryu was even included. Six years ago. Sakurai has far more expertise in implementinf Fighting Game characters now
Did you forget to read the part when I said that the most likely scenario to doomsday about is that both are Mii Costumes with a different Namco rep? May have just been your rage blinding you when I chose to point out that, in the Geno thread, you are goading about Lloyd having something minuscule go against him in favor of Heihachi.

Facts are still facts, and Tekken is one of them most complex fighting games out there. Characters have huge-ass move pools and stances and inputs that require crazy directions and even letting the direction hit neutral just briefly before inputting another direction. Sorry, but to dumb all that down to Smash AND only pick 4-5 special moves out of all that Heihachi has? I don't see it. It's infinitely more likely we would get a Soul Calibur rep before Heihachi. Also, keep in mind that Terry Bogard not only has obvious and few iconic moves BUT his reveal made the stupid fanbase we revel with get the same opinion of fighting game characters in Smash as they do with Fire Emblem despite there only being three of the former.

Oh, and Lloyd is more popular in the Smash fandom than any other Tales Of rep or Heihachi. Been that was since after Melee. If Sakurai wanted to cater to fans, he'd pick Lloyd over Heihachi, that's just how it is.

Also, why are you even here if you aren't talking about Geno? Mods are here crapping on Geno fans being off topic but not people coming in here to talk about literally NOTHING about Geno? Hey Megadoomer Megadoomer you helped that Crash guy with his link, can you get this man his Heihachi link? If you are wondering why I'm rude when I'm usually really polite and thoughtful it's because of a number of things but mainly because you are somehow allowed to come in the GENO thread and talk about HEIHACHI and LLOYD IRVING with no repercussions but when GENO FANS talk about anything that goes REMOTELY off topic we are getting hit with warnings and bans and locked topics left and right. And that's just a piece of the puzzle that leads to my anger that all stems from this site and how people, both users and mods, act on it.

Basically, I've fallen into what I like to call Datboigeno/KCCHIEF territory where I don't sugarcoat things to people who are being ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Did Doomguy died in endgame? Will he be playable? Will it be Dragonborn instead? Will Cacodemon be playable himself? Find out next time at Super Smash Bros Z!

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did Doomguy died in endgame? Will he be playable? Will it be Dragonborn instead? Will Cacodemon be playable himself? Find out next time at Super Smash Bros Z!
Okay, I laughed.

Though there's enough rumors that we should get something within this month or the next anyway. e3 is doubtful for FP6.

I also finally found a usable DLC template, though it's not the one I've seen around here. I just have to understand spirits better, since that's the hard part to work with.

D

Deleted member

I dont agree with everything forsaken says but calling Lloyd "a literal nobody" aint it, chief.
View attachment 259230
yeah, imagine, someone coming into the Geno thread and being rude and never getting hit for it.

The last few days have really proven to me that this website, or at least some key players holding weapons, despise Geno, and any opportunity to **** on this bastion of support is taken to its extremes. I know fights not worth fighting when I see them so I'm going to just leave it at that - my days of input here are on life support and I'm really just coming in to drop some theories and disappear until I read something that I feel the absolute need to chime in on, none of this friendly back and forth banter, since it's clearly frowned upon. You all know where to find me in the future.

As for my theories given the Doom situation - we're no better or worse off on the Mallowdemon leak, to be honest. The quality of the models still reeks of some sort of official development or a modder living in 2025, so it's not off the table just because an interview makes it seem like Doom Guy is. I've long said he's probably a mii costume and I'll stick to that, because Mii costume is synonymous with "nothing serious". Just for reference, the Cacodemon is something of a mascot for the Doom franchise, so take that as you will.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I do not believe there was any switching of characters from Fighters Pass and Volume 2 that ended up giving us Byleth. Byleth was planned to be #5 from the word go, and the theory falls apart entirely when you consider that, if you're trying to convince people that Byleth was in a playable state from Volume 2, that means he was either #6 or #7 - imagine the marketing disaster that would be starting your next DLC season off with Fire Emblem. Looking back on it, though, I am more inclined to believe the theories that Nintendo was afraid to show the character off. Sakurai and Nintendo both knew it wasn't going to go over well and it's obvious in how much Sakurai tried to joke and keep the mood light through the presentation. I'll also stand by, until I'm proven wrong, the belief that Ryu Hayabusa was leakbait for Byleth due to Koei Tecmo co-developing Three Houses.

I will agree with the theory that, while not a "swap", insiders who heard Crash and assumed he may be #5 (Mii costume leaker) are in a good spot if Crash is 6, given how much secrecy surrounded Byleth, and by extension, Geno is in a good spot, too. To draw it out, if the Mii costume leaker and the Crash leaker are the same guy, and he's right about both, then the Mallowdemon leak goes up in value simply because Mallow is a costume. We could end up with a Palutena Smash 3DS leak, but I think the odds of someone making a video showcasing a fake Mallow costume when a real one is in the works are pretty low.

I think that's about it but my thoughts aren't necessarily all together.

Firox

Smash Master
Last time, on Super Smash Bros Z, the fighters just stood around for 8 hours (5 in-show minutes) glaring at each other. After a few pithy insults, they popped a squat and yelled until their muscles tripled in size. What will happen next!?

....lol Yeah, I watched waaaay to much DBZ as a kid....

Last edited:

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
Did you forget to read the part when I said that the most likely scenario to doomsday about is that both are Mii Costumes with a different Namco rep? May have just been your rage blinding you when I chose to point out that, in the Geno thread, you are goading about Lloyd having something minuscule go against him in favor of Heihachi.

Facts are still facts, and Tekken is one of them most complex fighting games out there. Characters have huge-ass move pools and stances and inputs that require crazy directions and even letting the direction hit neutral just briefly before inputting another direction. Sorry, but to dumb all that down to Smash AND only pick 4-5 special moves out of all that Heihachi has? I don't see it. It's infinitely more likely we would get a Soul Calibur rep before Heihachi. Also, keep in mind that Terry Bogard not only has obvious and few iconic moves BUT his reveal made the stupid fanbase we revel with get the same opinion of fighting game characters in Smash as they do with Fire Emblem despite there only being three of the former.

Oh, and Lloyd is more popular in the Smash fandom than any other Tales Of rep or Heihachi. Been that was since after Melee. If Sakurai wanted to cater to fans, he'd pick Lloyd over Heihachi, that's just how it is.

Also, why are you even here if you aren't talking about Geno? Mods are here crapping on Geno fans being off topic but not people coming in here to talk about literally NOTHING about Geno? Hey Megadoomer Megadoomer you helped that Crash guy with his link, can you get this man his Heihachi link? If you are wondering why I'm rude when I'm usually really polite and thoughtful it's because of a number of things but mainly because you are somehow allowed to come in the GENO thread and talk about HEIHACHI and LLOYD IRVING with no repercussions but when GENO FANS talk about anything that goes REMOTELY off topic we are getting hit with warnings and bans and locked topics left and right. And that's just a piece of the puzzle that leads to my anger that all stems from this site and how people, both users and mods, act on it.

Basically, I've fallen into what I like to call Datboigeno/KCCHIEF territory where I don't sugarcoat things to people who are being ridiculous.
Didn't you see my post you quoted first? I came into the thread talking about mii costumes and saying Geno or a general Square rep still have quite good chances. It was rather your reply that only talked about my Lloyd side-note in the post. If anyone went completely off-topic it was you.
And the reason why i'm still salty about you, is after i made my first pot in this thread in November because Fatmanonice quoted my theory and i felt the need to made some corrections about it, you just came in here, called my theory dumb, despite your friend using it before and in general showed no hospitality but just hostility:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-2-speculation.446378/page-1738#post-23655748

And also Lloyd is not more popular as stated by Harada himself when he said Tekken characters were more requested for Smash than Tales characters, (also lol at Lloyd being a popular request for Melee, Melee is from 2001 and Lloyd's ToS is from 2003, unless you are a time-traveller, btw Tekken was extremely popular even back then when nobody outaide of Japan knew Tales)

"The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that," he says. "We're not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros., maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn't want, so I've been pulling back on that a bit. But I don't know."

https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/10/harada-pulling-back-on-idea-of-tekken-characters-in-new-smash/

D

Deleted member

The interview with Bethseda’s Marty Stratton is interesting. Does deconfirm DOOM slayer maybe. Darn shame which might also hurt Geno’s. handed. I ain’t giving up on Geno though still 50/50 on his chances. If he doesn’t happen I will still support him. But I won’t give up on him.

MandyCan seems cool and Crash would be mondo cool! But I’m not sure Hope it happens but got to keep a close eye on him!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

This really isn't helping the situation at all. Please move on already.

Everyone else in this chat has. We are here to talk Geno, Smash etc and that is what I would like for it to stay on topic for.

Sorry for soft modding. I will stop now....

To answer someone else's question, I would much rather have the opening of Geno's trailer being Mario and Cloud fighting Galleon before Geno joins them and together they face off with an armed boss.

That or Geno and Mario vs every sword in the game. (That man hates swords more than anyone else lol)

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Free at last, free at last.

Regarding that Doom interview, I don’t think that changes much. The consensus with cacomallow believers for a while now has not been that Doomguy will be playable. For a while it was believed that it was a Dragonborn playable character because Doomguy has never been heard by insiders in a meaningful way. Ever since the Byleth presentation showed that companies can just randomly get mii costumes added without a playable character like Ubisoft just did, the idea shifted to Bethesda mii costumes being added as fluff for an unrelated character. So whether you believe Cacomallow or not your stance shouldn’t change based on that interview

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How do you guys imagine a hypothetical Geno trailer would play out? My personal basic rough idea at this point is that it's a WOL trailer with Galeem sending out minions against the Mario cast and Geno's spirit repossesses the body and comes in for the save.
I wouldn't mind rehashing PP's trailer itself. It felt like it really fit.

Maybe a literal continuation, since a pipe maze is part of the area you find Geno.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The fact that this is what kills the cacomallow leak for some people is a bit silly. I'm up in the air about doom guy myself, but even if he wasn't in, this interview wouldn't be the nail in the coffin. And it certainly doesn't take Geno out of the race

Droodle

Smash Lord
[
Free at last, free at last.

Regarding that Doom interview, I don’t think that changes much. The consensus with cacomallow believers for a while now has not been that Doomguy will be playable. For a while it was believed that it was a Dragonborn playable character because Doomguy has never been heard by insiders in a meaningful way. Ever since the Byleth presentation showed that companies can just randomly get mii costumes added without a playable character like Ubisoft just did, the idea shifted to Bethesda mii costumes being added as fluff for an unrelated character. So whether you believe Cacomallow or not your stance shouldn’t change based on that interview
Yeah, but I'd imagine we aren't JUST getting a cacodemon outfit while completely ignoring Doomguy costume.

Have there been any DLC characters that released with 2 costumes from the same unrelated 3rd party series? I can't remember.

D

Deleted member

Hey Heihachi’s pretty cool if he gets in over Lloyd that’s fine. I want Lloyd more but I’m fine with that. Their both cool characters so you never know.

Both deserve it.

Anyway Geno’s cool! Let’s go back to him!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I couldn't even imagine a Boshi costume besides a Hat at best. Then again, I don't know if there's an easy costume of Yoshi's to replace. A Boshi echo would be cool, though? Maybe throws instead of Eggs. Or, as I said at some point, use small bombs like Croco in reference to him.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Sakurai should just say **** it and make a Boshi echo fighter just for the heck of it when Geno gets in.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Beyond the Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Fight Against an Armed Boss tracks, which Mario RPG exclusive tracks would you like to see get added to/remixed for Ultimate since Yoko Shimomura composed most of them and Square is less likely to be stingy about these?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Sakurai should just say **** it and make a Boshi echo fighter just for the heck of it when Geno gets in.
It's ironic. They finally found a way to get Smash fans to accept clones after 5 games and then they dropped the idea after Ken.

They are almost insultingly easy characters that can be echoed. People are more inclined to want bodies in this game as they may never approach this level of characters ever again. To me, I just want the characters, doesn't matter if it's an echo. I wouldn't even mind if full character Geno used Mii Gunner as a foundation. It still doesn't change the fact that he would be in.

D

Deleted member

Beyond the Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Fight Against an Armed Boss tracks, which Mario RPG exclusive tracks would you like to see get added to/remixed for Ultimate since Yoko Shimomura composed most of them and Square is less likely to be stingy about these?
Let’s Play Geno and Goodbye Geno

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The only other songs aside from those two I want include are Nimbus Land, Booster's Tower and a Star Hill/Marrymore Medley. I think those two songs would mesh super well together.

Firox

Smash Master
At very least, a Boshi costume. Or a Croco costume. Either would be pretty sick.

....I just want a blue Yoshi with "bad boy" sunglasses...

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I've mentioned this before, but I think there's a possibility they could use music tracks from the game that were composed by Koji Kondo, such as the song used during the fight against Bowser in the beginning of the game since it's a remix of the SMB3 Bowser fight music. Another good one is probably the Pipe House music which was not only a remix of the main Mario theme, but it was even used in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, so clearly they could use it if they wanted to.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
This post was warned for off-topic/discussing the status of the thread.
You guys clearly want this thread to be locked and removed again, don’cha?

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
This one fits the crazy atmosphere of Smash perfectly:
https://youtu.be/7GwEtbTfmok

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm nervous about saying this but **** it. It's a shame when decent conversations or debates that end up naturally shifting into something relevant to the conversation that is or isn't related to Geno get labeled as being off-topic and against the rules. Then posts with decent points or arguments get pinged with that warning symbol at the top because "it has nothing to do with the topic".

Truth is, I'm now uncomfortable posting in the only place I felt comfortable posting in on these boards. I was gonna make a long winded post but what's the point? It would fall on deaf ears anyway and the staff has clearly demonstrated that they don't really care. I can't totally fault them though. Whatever makes their jobs easier I guess. That is all.
-----
wat shud genos recovery b?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Something I’ve been thinking about is the time period that Sakurai chose the second DLC pass in and how significant that is for Geno. Everything points to this second pass being greenlighted in early to mid 2019 - mere months after the Grinch leak shook the Smash speculation world.

We know that Nintendo was aware of the leak and the fallout from it, but it was too late to do anything about it. They were extremely angry that it created expectations that were impossible to fulfill. The big players in the leak that made it so exciting to so many were Geno, Isaac, Shadow and Banjo. Let’s review the fate of these characters:

Banjo - Part of Fighter’s Pass 1. He made it and was already in production at the time of the Grinch leak, so his fate was already sealed in a wonderful way.

Shadow - Assist Trophy. Already set in stone at the time of the Grinch, nothing they can do about this. This fact combined with overwhelming evidence that DLC echo fighters were shot down means his chances are basically zero.

Isaac - also an Assist Trophy. Nintendo is also painfully aware of the fallout from saving the Isaac AT for last. They were genuinely so out of touch and surprised to find that we aren’t satisfied with a consensus top 5 popular character as a glorified item. Either way, sorry Isaac. I love you but your chances are also next to nothing. The outside loophole for Isaac is if they bring back Golden Sun via remake or 4th installment and decide to add Matthew in his stead (maybe even with an Isaac alt set), who looks and functions essentially the same way. Outside of that unlikely dream scenario, there is not much they can do about his fate at this point.

Geno - this leaves us with Geno. As we know, he was already a spirit and online icon, neither of which we have any reason to believe deconfirms him from coming post Fighter Pass 1.

So Geno is really the only popular Grinch Leak character that they could do anything about at the time. Every other character in the leak had a sealed fate (or weren’t heavily demanded such as Chorus Kids and Mach Rider) already. So this lines up perfectly with the overwhelmingly likely theory that the Geno mii costume was planned to return with Hero originally. By the time Fighter Pass 2 became a thing the Grinch Leak wounds were still fresh, and Geno could be saved. Thus the Geno costume was one of the first removed from the pass and therefore he was likely one of the first characters planned for the second pass.

This also makes sense because it would be much easier to negotiate for a character that they were already given rights to use in another capacity and with a company already heavily involved in the game. They could also use the omitted costume as a rough base for designing a character. Square Enix has gotten a taste of that delicious Smash Bros DLC money and never looked back. My guess, like most, is that he’s going to be one of the first 3. I’m not going so far as to say the Grinch Leak was the driving force for getting Geno in, but it seems like the leak happened at a perfect time to help give him the best shot he’s ever had at being playable.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Didn't you see my post you quoted first? I came into the thread talking about mii costumes and saying Geno or a general Square rep still have quite good chances. It was rather your reply that only talked about my Lloyd side-note in the post. If anyone went completely off-topic it was you.
And the reason why i'm still salty about you, is after i made my first pot in this thread in November because Fatmanonice quoted my theory and i felt the need to made some corrections about it, you just came in here, called my theory dumb, despite your friend using it before and in general showed no hospitality but just hostility:
https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-2-speculation.446378/page-1738#post-23655748

And also Lloyd is not more popular as stated by Harada himself when he said Tekken characters were more requested for Smash than Tales characters, (also lol at Lloyd being a popular request for Melee, Melee is from 2001 and Lloyd's ToS is from 2003, unless you are a time-traveller, btw Tekken was extremely popular even back then when nobody outaide of Japan knew Tales)

"The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that," he says. "We're not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros., maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn't want, so I've been pulling back on that a bit. But I don't know."

https://www.engadget.com/2012/07/10/harada-pulling-back-on-idea-of-tekken-characters-in-new-smash/
uuuuuuuh sir this is a Geno Thread.

Heihachi Thread's that way.

JudgeHeihachi

Smash Apprentice
I'm nervous about saying this but **** it. It's a shame when decent conversations or debates that end up naturally shifting into something relevant to the conversation that is or isn't related to Geno get labeled as being off-topic and against the rules. Then posts with decent points or arguments get pinged with that warning symbol at the top because "it has nothing to do with the topic".

Truth is, I'm now uncomfortable posting in the only place I felt comfortable posting in on these boards. I was gonna make a long winded post but what's the point? It would fall on deaf ears anyway and the staff has clearly demonstrated that they don't really care. I can't totally fault them though. Whatever makes their jobs easier I guess. That is all.
-----
wat shud genos recovery b?
The cannon-tranformation from his strong attack that was used in Project M is the most elegant solution

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
[
Have there been any DLC characters that released with 2 costumes from the same unrelated 3rd party series? I can't remember.
That’s a weak argument though. Last week we could’ve said a company like Ubisoft (who has no playable character in smash) couldn’t randomly get 2 fresh new mii costumes with an unrelated character. Just because it hasn’t happened doesn’t mean we should assume that it is a rule

D

Deleted member

The cannon-tranformation from his strong attack that was used in Project M is the most elegant solution
gud idea

Also, I appreciate the efforts you put into your arguments and I agree with most of what you said. Even though it's not for me to decide, I for one personally welcome your discussions about the examples you brought up that originally stemmed from your original points relating to Geno's Mii costume. It saddens me to see people so quick to dismiss you and direct you to another thread directly related to the examples who happen to be another character. It's unfortunate but I don't see this thread being about civil dialogue anymore so, tread carefully my man. I'm picking up the scent of a lingering Big Brother.

There's only so much we can talk about Geno without boring ourselves and repeating ourselves over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom