• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I'll be watching it on my commute as I head in to work. Hope I can still stream YouTube okay

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Why, thank you. Glad that everyone loves my memes.
A question: Why aren't you using the new Joker for your PFP?

Where are y'all watching the stream?

I may finally need to hop in the Geno Discord.
I'm planning on catching it live, but if I happen to miss it, I want one of your guys to DM me a link to it so I can download it and avoid spoilers.

I'm probably going to watch it unfold on Twitch
After the first Direct of 2019 froze for me constantly when I was watching it, I always record my Direct reactions via their Twitch stream.

D

Deleted member

A question: Why aren't you using the new Joker for your PFP?

I'm planning on catching it live, but if I happen to miss it, I want one of your guys to DM me a link to it so I can download it and avoid spoilers.

After the first Direct of 2019 froze for me constantly when I was watching it, I always record my Direct reactions via their Twitch stream.
I think Joaquin was awesome, but Heath Ledger is always going to be my favorite.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
The real question is, is Fighter 5 hype enough for me to call in sick tomorrow? Or at least tell them I'll be working from home.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Bethesda's rep will be a buggy unfinished Fallout character, and they'll take the 76th slot. :bobomb:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey all just stopping in to wish you all luck in Geno getting in.

Remember even if he isn't FP5 there's still hope as an potential free Bonus character or post-Pass DLC.

Keep up on your dream guys!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I usually watch on YouTube. I will have it on and I will be tuning in before going to work. Morning times are perfect for me.

Looking forward to seeing who it is and hoping for anything that helps our cause.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I have a meeting at work right when the presentation starts tomorrow haha. I’ll have to do my usual technique of pausing the stream right before the meeting and starting it after

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have to work 6am to 2pm tomorrow.

I'm either gonna have to steer clear of the internet and watch the show after or find a way to watch it on break or something.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Well, congratulations to...

Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer
Malo Mart Malo Mart
MisterMike MisterMike
ActualGarbage ActualGarbage

surpise! You ALL win the "ok boomer" pass for all being the only ones to participate in my meaningless profile picture "race" you all probably forgot about...

Anyways, as a young zoomer, I now bestow upon you older folk the power to say "ok boomer;" whether it be to defend yourself, or shrug off someone, you must use it wisely. As I told OffBi OffBi , with this power comes great responsibility.

(:ultpacman:)

P.S.: Double congratulations to Malo Mart, your submission is my new profile picture!

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_01-10-03.35.36.jpg

13 more hours. Cheers to everyone. Also, cheers to the Ninteninjas lurking this thread for keeping the new fighter a secret. Been lurking for the past few days and it seems like there isn't any concrete answers.

My guess is gonna be

1. Waluigi (based on paragon leak)
2. Arle (papa genos analysis makes sense)
3. Dovahkiin (wasn't ruled out like doomguy was for fp5, can also bring the cacodemon costume)

I don't think it'll be Dante. If I'm wrong and it's none of those characters then Bravo to Nintendo for keeping it on lock. Hopefully we get some answers on our star boi.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I swear to god if Sakurai reveals/revealed Dante and Bayonetta isn't the co-star in his reveal trailer?

What. Was. Even. The. ****ing. Point.

Kamiya would even be happy to see the two of them together.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Well, congratulations to...

Glitch-EGamer Glitch-EGamer
Malo Mart Malo Mart
MisterMike MisterMike
ActualGarbage ActualGarbage

surpise! You ALL win the "ok boomer" pass for all being the only ones to participate in my meaningless profile picture "race" you all probably forgot about...

Anyways, as a young zoomer, I now bestow upon you older folk the power to say "ok boomer;" whether it be to defend yourself, or shrug off someone, you must use it wisely. As I told OffBi OffBi , with this power comes great responsibility.

(:ultpacman:)

P.S.: Double congratulations to Malo Mart, your submission is my new profile picture!
At least I got the people's choice with most likes.
Also assuming my age. Hoho, you'll never know the truth.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Although not a supporter, I wish you all good luck for tomorrow.
May Sakurai drive his divine influence in getting you in.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So I have a question for you guys, what do you think is the chance we will actually see more than one character revealed tomorrow?

I'm feeling super 50/50 on it myself. On one hand, there is clearly going to be another Nintendo Direct relatively soon, likely February, and they can easily save whoever character 6 is to be revealed there. On the other hand, I feel like it would be very weird for Sakurai not to discuss how future DLC is going to work here, since we've known its happenning since September yet have no concrete details otherwise. And given how Sakurai seemed hesitant to show off the Fighter's Pass without showing what was in it, which I think he only did because they had literally no work on any of the characters done at that point, if he's going to talk about how future DLC is going to work here then it's likely he will say who the first character will be, especially since it's extremely likely they have alot of work done on them already.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
So I have a question for you guys, what do you think is the chance we will actually see more than one character revealed tomorrow?
While I'm conflicted (as I always am) I think it could make sense given a theory I saw early in this thread. Basically, it states that the reason they held off on FP5 (which this theory assumes is Doomslayer) is because Cacomallow is very much real and they didn't wanna show off Doomslayer and have everyone knowing Geno was coming later, so they waited until Geno was in a more polished state where he could be shown off to show him with Doomslayer so it wouldn't spoil the surprise. So, I hope it's my pipe dream scenario.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I'm feeling super 50/50 on it myself. On one hand, there is clearly going to be another Nintendo Direct relatively soon, likely February, and they can easily save whoever character 6 is to be revealed there. On the other hand, I feel like it would be very weird for Sakurai not to discuss how future DLC is going to work here, since we've known its happenning since September yet have no concrete details otherwise. And given how Sakurai seemed hesitant to show off the Fighter's Pass without showing what was in it, which I think he only did because they had literally no work on any of the characters done at that point, if he's going to talk about how future DLC is going to work here then it's likely he will say who the first character will be, especially since it's extremely likely they have alot of work done on them already.
I feel, if he talks about future DLC, he is going to show off something. Not sure what, but he likes to do stuff like that. And he did show off how Terry was coming along, so more can be talked about.

I am also wondering if this mystery character is going to be released not too long afterward, considering that has been the case for every Sakurai presentation before this one.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey

I personally subscribe to the ideology that we should expect only one character to be revealed. If we get more than one, awesome! But we've all been too burned out over expecting more than what we thought. Need I remind the massacre that was November 1st, 2018? :p

pinshadow

Smash Lord
While I'm conflicted (as I always am) I think it could make sense given a theory I saw early in this thread. Basically, it states that the reason they held off on FP5 (which this theory assumes is Doomslayer) is because Cacomallow is very much real and they didn't wanna show off Doomslayer and have everyone knowing Geno was coming later, so they waited until Geno was in a more polished state where he could be shown off to show him with Doomslayer so it wouldn't spoil the surprise. So, I hope it's my pipe dream scenario.
That was my theory, and I think it is crackpot at best honestly. It explains a lot of things but also relies on assumptions to make any of it work.

I feel, if he talks about future DLC, he is going to show off something. Not sure what, but he likes to do stuff like that. And he did show off how Terry was coming along, so more can be talked about.

I am also wondering if this mystery character is going to be released not too long afterward, considering that has been the case for every Sakurai presentation before this one.
They're getting dropped on Thursday, 99%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom