• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Whatever happens guys, do not let your disappointment get to you and be angry because of it. There will still be more DLC characters. No need to be upset.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
IMG_20200115_223805.jpg

Final Sakurai Pic of the Day before Fighter #5. Seems like a kid is playing with a little toy and his mother is mad about something...

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So it turns out that the big DMC news that would fall on the same day as the Smash announcement (And everyone was certain this meant Dante would join the fight) turned out to be Style Mode Change being added to DMC3

So, there goes a potential competitor. I'm putting all my chips on Doomslayer right now bringing our boy home

1579146633333.png

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So it turns out that the big DMC news that would fall on the same day as the Smash announcement (And everyone was certain this meant Dante would join the fight) turned out to be Style Mode Change being added to DMC3

So, there goes a potential competitor. I'm putting all my chips on Doomslayer right now bringing our boy home

View attachment 257863
Oh my god, wow. It's almost like DMC3 for Switch Announcement ≠ Dante for Smash. Who coulda guessed that? :ultpacman: I really wish people weren't so shallow and desperate in this fandom sometimes.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

View attachment 257863
This is the best thing ever

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Don't fall into a trap that Sakurai's picture of the day is a reference/hint.

Remember what happened to the Rathalos pic.

Just a few more hours guys. We can do this!

MisterMike

Smash Champion

View attachment 257863
Wow, so you're telling me that the new info for an upcoming game release that falls on the same date as something Smash related had nothing to do with Smash whatsoever?
ImagineMyShockGeno.png

T2by4

Smash Lord
Wow, so you're telling me that the new info for an upcoming game release that falls on the same date as something Smash related had nothing to do with Smash whatsoever?
View attachment 257864
Funnily enough, there's actually going to be more news about ESO and the new dlc with it being set in skyrim tomorrow, would be a good way to reveal dragonborn for smash and tie the games like that. Probably not gonna happen, but something to keep in mind.

Attachments

Droodle

Smash Lord
Funnily enough, there's actually going to be more news about ESO and the new dlc with it being set in skyrim tomorrow, would be a good way to reveal dragonborn for smash and tie the games like that. Probably not gonna happen, but something to keep in mind.
OMG, DMC 3 info coincides with Dante reveal in Smash?

Sakurai is on some 5D tier Chess currently. Direct tomorrow will start with him spoiling Fighter Pass 3; which will be followed by a fighter pass 1 remaster.

Paul Cesar

Smash Rookie
Pics of the day never mean anything and I'm not trying to get my hopes up but of course the last one just HOURS before the next fighter reveal just had to be an exact replica of Geno's first appearance in Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It's too weird, but Sakurai normally hates hinting or spoiling surprises.

I'm tempted to, but I am not going to put any stock into this one.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
View attachment 257860
Final Sakurai Pic of the Day before Fighter #5. Seems like a kid is playing with a little toy and his mother is mad about something...
Let's take this a bit further.
Zelda is pointing. Phoenix Wright confirmed!
Villager is from AC. Tom Nook confirmed!
Zelda is from Zelda. Skull Kid confirmed!
There is grass in the image. Plant 2 confirmed!
The sky is blue. Cookie Monster confirmed!

zferolie

Smash Hero
I really felt Pic of the day meant nothing. Only picture that matter was the anniversery picture with all the DLC, plus Mario and Daisy. That was hinting/having placeholders for the DLC. Daisy is the obvious pic, but I want to beleive Mario is also a placeholder.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
It's really hard to tell if this is supposed to be a hint or not. My better judgement says no, because for all we know Sakurai has hundreds of photos in the backburner and is posting them and random. And if by some chance Geno IS revealed tomorrow then I'll never be able to tell if this is a legitimate hint or not. It's like Sakurai's "red eyes" comment a week before King K. Rool's reveal, we've never been able to decipher if that was a hint towards him or if it was just a random comment that just happened to align with the reveal.

I say don't put any stock in this to be on the safe side.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
My thoughts: the image does uncannily look like that one scene in SMRPG but at the same time, these sorts of things typically end up being dead ends and this is probably another case of that. I've discounted pic of the day speculation before so this is probably personal bias that I haven't written this off entirely already, but I guess it's torture fun to speculate.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If you want to really over analyze this image. Just think of all the stuff going on in it that we could just over analyze.
-Mother and Child
-Weaponized Doll in Child's hand
-Dreamland Stage with Giant Star in background and has trees. The kind you would find in a forest area.
-Flower Tabs (that's the biggest stretch of this list)

I'm tempted to call this cyber bullying just based on how close this is to the direct.

D

Deleted member

I wanna talk about the brown in that sakurai pic. That’s mostly the bottom of the poster for the dlc newcomers and as you can see there’s a tiny bit of white on his arm which is the logo on the bottom.
So the brown means nothing like it’s not for dohvahkin. Also it’s mostly black
C0B45496-BA6E-4287-A81B-C712FBC25A46.png

DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Yo, I'm back. Not for long, though. After I'm done sleeping, I'll try my best to stay far away from social media to avoid any parade raining leaks, and that includes Smashboards. But of course, once we have our 35 minutes of papa Sakurai nerding out again, I'll be here again to at least share my thoughts about it.

... but that's later. Right now, what's the concensus on who y'all think is gonna be fighter 5, if there is any? My mind says Arle or Dante, but my heart says Doomguy because that most likely damn near guarantees Geno. Aaaand because Doomguy is just badass in general. Though I'd be pretty happy with the other two.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
'Twas the night before "???" ,
and all cross the boards,
the users would blabber,
and gather in hoards.
The fat man was dancing,
and prancing on ice,
in hopes that the Genobros heed his advice:
To sit back, relax, and enjoy what they see,
and know Geno's mii costume's not guaranteed!
And Sabi was fuming,
and checking their list,
"If one of these characters come they''ll be pissed!"
The admins keep reading, and twiddle their thumbs,
Assuring we all keep our heads out our bums.
The memes kept on coming,
and flooded the site!
And though theories were plenty,
Only one could be right!
I don't mean to be shallow, so I've kept my lips sealed.
But I'll say this just once...
CacoMallow is real.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I'm about to get my camera and audio all setup for tomorrow to record my reaction before getting some decent sleep so I'm not blinking a ton throughout the entire thing like I did pretty hard with Terry. So, I want to leave you with two things, the latter of which I would love to hold onto until moments before the Smash Reveal but I cannot guarantee when I wake up and I want to have time to explain my thoughts just before the video goes live...soo, here they are now.

The first one is that I BEG OF YOU to record your reactions just on the off chance the show goes off the rails and Geno shows up. Now I understand none of us are really expecting him but even so, I'd rather have us be ready in case it does happen then miss out on the chance to have a once in a lifetime opportunity to record our genuine live reactions to Geno finally coming to Smash. I know some people may be nervous about the idea of recording themselves but hell, you don't even have to show your face if you don't want to. Just place and image or maybe just nothing but record your audio with a microphone.

I say this as someone who records and livestreams content on a toaster of a PC that still has Windows 7 and is over 15 years old with no hardware updates at all. Anyone at all can get OBS to download to their computer for free from the OBS site and very easily (even if you need a video guide or two) set it up to record your main audio and your microphone audio and to record what is currently displayed on your browser of choice. Don't waste this opportunity, especially when we've all talked about making a collab video of our reactions to send to Sakurai as a big thank you. I say this as someone who missed the cutoff for the book of wishes we sent to Nintendo...it really sucks to miss out on stuff like this.

Secondly, and I know this is gonna sound cheesy and maybe a bit bossy or telling you how to think or something like that, but I'm also begging you guys to be chill with whoever the last fighter is. This comes from someone who would actively take that stance even if it ends up being Tracer. I say this because the Smash fandom has devolved into an absolute horrid sludge in the very short time since the November Smash Direct of 2018. You remember when no one thought Smash was coming until THIS year or later? You remember how just the Inklings, a burning logo, some cool silhouettes, an unfinished titles and a release year drove us to the incredible levels of hype because there was NO WAY Smash was coming and now they pressed the button? Do you remember how everyone was just so goddamn happy when it was revealed that "Everyone Is Here!" and that we also got Daisy and Ridley and we figured that was ALL we were getting for new characters? Do you remember how we pretty much all agreed that the reveal of Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and that bombshell King K Rool made Ultimate the best Smash in existence?

I remember those days, and since then the Smash fandom have sunk to crazy lows about attacking character requests and tearing down each other and demanding more from Sakurai and his team after they delivered such an amazing game and EVEN AFTER JOKER, HERO, BANJO & KAZOOIE and TERRY BOGARD people just want more and more and more rather than being happy with what we've been given?

For the end of the Fighter's Pass with Fighter #5, regardless of who it is, I would love for us to be appreciative as much as possible that we even got all this extra content and that Ultimate even exists. It's fine to want more, but tomorrow as we see what could EASILY have been the last big content to ever hit Ultimate, let us be thankful that Sakurai, his team, and Nintendo have given us one of the best games ever made and that they have decided to listen offer more when they could have easily stopped. Let us just soak that in and let our appreciation be known tomorrow, regardless if the character we want gets in or we have to wait even longer.

It's been a long road that has been spent looking for what is to come without really looking to see where we've been or to appreciate where we currently are. You know, they say that the destination you desire to get to is not what matters most, but the journey you had on your way. Let us appreciate the Fighter's Pass journey tomorrow as it comes to it's end, then after we can look forward to our next journey on our way to wherever Sakurai's wild ride takes us next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom