• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Actually, there's something fishy with Sakurai's announcement tweet.

The tweet was done in English:

Apparently, the same thing's been done when he added in a Western Favorite character, like Banjo-Kazooie. This could make a case for all our cases, but he also used the term "oracle", which is what the Covenants in Halo call Monitors, like 343 Guilty Spark or 2041 Penitent Tangent.

Though it could also mean the same for Geno, as he's been requested a lot from the Americas, it could also mean Shantae, but this is something of a startling development to me.
It is fishy and interesting....

I have another thing to my crazy last fighter being shantae and geno bonus theory. So we all know Daisy theory, as everyone is assuming Daisy is a stand in for a character... but what if Mario is also a stand in? Daisy is for the orange color, and a tom boy like character, shantae, and then Mario is repping a character mario shared a game with... Geno.

PASS ME A TIN HAT GUYS!!!!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This might piss off a ton of people but I think the 4chan curse is actually a thing. Since I joined here in 2006, I don't think there's ever been a character addition that 4chan or /v/ has hard backed that ever got in. Ironically, plenty of super hated characters by 4chan have gotten in the last 14 years. Something, something, cautionary tale.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I think Hayabusa being revealed tomorrow would be one of the most chaotic timelines. The fighter that almost everyone assumed it was gonna be but was then written off months ago by leakers would just lead to a ****storm

D

Deleted member

Actually, there's something fishy with Sakurai's announcement tweet.

The tweet was done in English:

Apparently, the same thing's been done when he added in a Western Favorite character, like Banjo-Kazooie. This could make a case for all our cases, but he also used the term "oracle", which is what the Covenants in Halo call Monitors, like 343 Guilty Spark or 2041 Penitent Tangent.

Though it could also mean the same for Geno, as he's been requested a lot from the Americas, it could also mean Shantae, but this is something of a startling development to me.
Just to maybe calm the "oracle" argument, in the original Japanese, he uses the kanji "予言者" - "prophet". Obviously, oracle is a synonym and a good choice when translating, but I think if he were making a statement about someone or something called "oracle", he would have used katakana to phonetically say it (as オラクル) rather than use the kanji. To simplify it, it's just Sakurai's somewhat dramatic word choice.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
This might piss off a ton of people but I think the 4chan curse is actually a thing. Since I joined here in 2006, I don't think there's ever been a character addition that 4chan or /v/ has hard backed that ever got in. Ironically, plenty of super hated characters by 4chan have gotten in the last 14 years. Something, something, cautionary tale.
That's because no characters from obscure, risque anime games have made it in, despite how familiar the average 4channer may be.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Like what, you mean 4chan leaking a character or just a character alot of people wanted? Because I feel like your assumming the site only wants a select few characters, which is silly. /v/ was filled with Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, and plenty of fans of literally every character, its just like every other site.

D

Deleted member

Like what, you mean 4chan leaking a character or just a character alot of people wanted? Because I feel like your assumming the site only wants a select few characters, which is silly. /v/ was filled with Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, and plenty of fans of literally every character, its just like every other site.
No, he's echoing a sentiment of mine - no character so railed against and so hated as Geno has failed to make it into Smash. The curse he's speaking of is honestly a blessing for the hated characters.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Let's just say, that the stars are aligning.

Been a lurker here since this page was behind the 1000's, thought I'd finally register & show off my Geno swag https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Oss3_Bbn5/?igshid=91ls3517ui6k excited for tmrw!
Welcome to the thread fellow Genobro!

Firox

Smash Master
Someone already beat me to it, but whatever.
View attachment 257778
Ooooh, this one has special effects! Got the whole "Hollywood" fiery explosion and everything. And holy ****! Sakurai's NEO GEOs are multiplying!

It's a well documented fact that Skaurai's Neo Geo's reproduce through mitosis.
"Here we see the illustrious NEO GEO in its natural habitat....Sakurai's closet. Ah, look! See that one shaking its Joystick in the air? That's a male getting ready to perform the mating ritual...or as we like to call it, the 'Mai Shiranui'....."

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Has Doomguy been ruled out for Fighter 5? I'd be explosive if Doomguy were revealed tomorrow, and if the Cacodemon Mii hat is real? Thumbs up Ken best leaker 2k20

OffBi

Smash Ace
Has Doomguy been ruled out for Fighter 5? I'd be explosive if Doomguy were revealed tomorrow, and if the Cacodemon Mii hat is real? Thumbs up Ken best leaker 2k20
We do need to hold a funeral for him since the nintenjas probably got him by now.

D

Deleted member

Depends on who you believe at this point. If you trust no soothsayer then Doom Guy is as likely as anyone else, and if you trust the pixels on Sakurai, Doom Guy is a strong contender.

We do need to hold a funeral for him since the nintenjas probably got him by now.
Presentation starts without a trailer, Sakurai looks dead into the camera.

"We thought it was a great idea when we added him, what with him being the original echo fighter, and all... But we've had to remove Ken Masters from the game. He's broken his contract several times, as you may all know by now... They tell me he won't be in the next Street Fighter, either."

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well that all depends.
If you take Sasparilla and Bittersweet Symphony's info seriously, then yeah he's out of the running since Doomguy was specifically on the list for FP5. Of course he could still come later.
If you're ignoring those two and their takes, then he's still possible. CacoMallow Post hasn't been disconfirmed at all yet, and Artifact Theory is still holding strong.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Everyone I think I just cracked the code

So Sakurai holding three fingers AND there being three question marks is obviously meant to imply that we're getting three reveals... except that's exactly what he WANTS you to believe. Rather, the presentation will only be one character, but it has to do with the number three.

Now consider the following:
  • How many mainline Madagascar films are there? Three.
  • What character from the Madagascar series has three trusted allies?
  • What Madagascar character in the Nickelodeon flash game Super Brawl 2 throws three shurikens for his special attacks and summons three bombs for his super attack?
  • What Madagascar character uses the catchphrase "Cute and cuddly", which just so happens to have three words?
  • How many seasons did The Penguins of Madagascar get? Three.
  • What Madagascar character has an ally named Kowalski, a name that has three syllables?
  • What year did the first Madagascar come out? 2005, which is just two off from 2003.
1579122930090.png

OffBi

Smash Ace
Well that all depends.
If you take Sasparilla and Bittersweet Symphony's info seriously, then yeah he's out of the running since Doomguy was specifically on the list for FP5. Of course he could still come later.
If you're ignoring those two and their takes, then he's still possible. CacoMallow Post hasn't been disconfirmed at all yet, and Artifact Theory is still holding strong.
Artifact theory?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, guys, look! I'm pickin' out my plot for my funeral tommorow! Any volunteers for pallbearers?.

View attachment 257744
Hope you don't die tomorrow, but never take off those sunglasses. You're not cool without them.

Gruntilda: Revisionist the ones at GameFaqs and 4chan be. Sorry souls they must be to waste their time on lies they must.

-Video-
More like....

Gruntildia: Those GameFAQs fools are quite revisionists for sure. But wasting time on lies makes them bad and impure!

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Artifact theory?
Yeah, we've been talking about it since yesterday. I'll let MonkeyDLenny MonkeyDLenny explain:
Well, the basis of this theory comes from this:
View attachment 257548

A simple zoom in will show that the crop job on Sakurai for the thumbnail was rather sloppy. He's standing in front of something brown, with hints of dark green near the top of his head

He's always sitting in front of the character poster in his presentations so it's not too far of a reach to assume that perhaps this is also the case, and dark brown and green well...

Is this an out there theory? Yeah
Is it a reach? I honestly don't think so

It's no more outlandish then things like Daisy theory and analyzing the meaning of Sakurai holding up three fingers anyway

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
;-; poor reimu...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh i know that, i didn't know that that's what it was named
Yeah, we've kind of haven't come up with a super solid name yet. I've suggested Sakurai Theory and Pixel Theory, but Artifact Theory is pretty good too.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, we've kind of haven't come up with a super solid name yet. I've suggested Sakurai Theory and Pixel Theory, but Artifact Theory is pretty good too.
artifact theory sounds like Indiana Geno was out in Egypt digging up some proof from 2000 years ago that Doom Guy will be in Smash on January 16, 2020

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
It's part of why I started getting really hopeful when 4chan started to rail hardcore again Doomguy and Geno, calling him "green Samus" and "irrelevant" and the like.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm going to guess that character 5 will be placed on the banner where Mii Brawler is located. Or at the very least, Brawler will be moved down to the bottom to be next to Gunner and Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom