• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Before I post this, I want to preface that Ultimate is an amazing game and I loved Sakurai and his team for everything they have done. However...

I think Nintendo does a very poor job of marketing and understanding their consumer base, especially outside of Japan. This is why in the past, Nintendo is often forgotten in console war culture. The frustration in the fanbase can partially be pointed at Nintendo for how they communicate. FP5 should have been announced in 2019, no question. Nintendo also makes odd decisions on announcements. Take base game Ultimate. You had an amazing E3 announcement with the everyone is here slogan and then an even stronger August 8th announcement. That was followed by a meek side announcement of Isabella in a Nintendo Direct in September (that wasn't too bad but keep it in context) and the somewhat disappointing November Direct. The Final Direct should have been the big one. Personally, they should have kept KRool for November or went ahead and announced Banjo or some popular FP pick to keep the hype train buzzing. In fact, Banjo announced as FP1 thst November would have been the best way to finish out. We have had alright characters in the Fighter Pass but not ones that really excite the video game world. Nothing like a Pacman, Megaman, Cloud, Sonic, Snake, or Sora. Banjo and Hero are the closest to the big 3rd parties we got in the past and they were both announced together. Nintendo hasn't given us anything since around August I believe. Leaving the Smash fan base hanging onto every leak around. Often times the leaked rosters have been more exciting than the actual FP roster.

Let's analyze the actual roster:

Joker - A character that I did not know prior to announcement of DLC and one that has never been on a Nintendo console. Primarily from a Japanese RPG game genre that really isn't popular in the live action centric West.

Hero - Japanese RPG character #2. However, I like this pick since DQ has been a long running franchise on Nintendo consoles.

Banjo - Huge in N64 era and Smash fan request. Good pick but not earth shattering outside Smash Community

Terry - Who? Despite my criticism, he deserves a spot even with the weak showing on Nintendo consoles. However, he would fit better if the FP actually had a HUGE name like Sora, Doomguy, Crash, etc. Once again wrong pick at the time.

Nothing here is going to excite the average Western gamer.

Overall, it has just been a weird ride by Nintendo. It is kind of like the SMB2 story. Nintendo wanted to give US market SMB2 Japan but am American Quality expert pushed back. Ultimate the SMB2 that the US got was a far better pick. Nintendo needs to somewhat study its audience when considering marketing decisions, etc.
To add to this information, the individual characters in the pass don't ruin it themselves, it is just the combination. We should have had one earth shattering Wedtrrn Character. Doom Guy fits the bill. The Western character shouldn't be #5 if it happens to be. #5 should be a character that is universally popular like Sora or Hero. Here is a great FP 5 with even the 4 still in it:

1. Banjo - offset lack of hype in final Nov direct before Ultimate release by announcing Banjo as FP1. This would have gone down the blowback from Grinch Leak not being real

2. Terry/Joker

3. Doomguy or Western character at E3

4. Terry/Joker

5. Hero - or char that appeals/known Universal

Also announce FP5 in early December with also a big splash name like Sora or fan favorite like Geno as FP6. No gaps greater than 3 months between reveals

Droodle

Smash Lord
To add to this information, the individual characters in the pass don't ruin it themselves, it is just the combination. We should have had one earth shattering Wedtrrn Character. Doom Guy fits the bill. The Western character shouldn't be #5 if it happens to be. #5 should be a character that is universally popular like Sora or Hero. Here is a great FP 5 with even the 4 still in it:

1. Banjo - offset lack of hype in final Nov direct before Ultimate release by announcing Banjo as FP1. This would have gone down the blowback from Grinch Leak not being real

2. Terry/Joker

3. Doomguy or Western character at E3

4. Terry/Joker

5. Hero - or char that appeals/known Universal

Also announce FP5 in early December with also a big splash name like Sora or fan favorite like Geno as FP6. No gaps greater than 3 months between reveals
I think you severely underrate Joker's popularity outside Japan; while he may not have been that requested, the guy is from one of the most acclaimed games from 2017.

There's a reason Nintendo felt like they could comfortably reveal Joker at The Game Awards. He is arguably the most universal pick in the Fighter's Pass; even if he's not an earth shattering reveal. Nintendo felt comfortable with him opening the pass; and judging by the response they got, I'd say it worked.

Banjo got in due to Western demand. DQ got in due to Japanese impact and popularity.

Terry is the least popular; but Fatal Fury/KoF undoubtedly has a big legacy on the fighting game genre.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Technically yes. Supposedly two characters recently went into testing (as in the last two weeks), implying that both would likely be out by E3 or one dropped at the event. They said they only knew the identity of one but wanted to keep it to themselves for the sake of the surprise. Their estimate was that this particular character would be out by February or March but that was only an educated guess.
Reposting this because it lines up perfectly with my New Year's Eve theory and, if I'm correct, the "February/March" character is referring to 6. My source's coyness makes me further my theory about 6 and beyond being hard steers back to big fan favorite characters because I don't get why they would tease it otherwise. As noted for almost two months now, I don't believe Geno is 6 but 6 will still be a big deal.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
One thing I'd like to bring up is: If, God forbid, Geno is still an unrevealed Mii costume, then they really dropped the ball on revealing him. A lot of people, me included, were super resigned and had basically accepted that he was going to be a Mii costume that came with Hero. I doubt it would've caused too many ripples because it was treated like it was almost inevitable. Him not appearing as a Mii costume in the Hero presentation only served to breath new life into the Geno fanbase and blossoming Geno fans like me who wanted him but thought he had little chance at that point. Not to mention the fact that they've had 2 more chances since Hero to nip this bud before it kept growing. If Geno is revealed as a Mii costume now, then any disappointment and backlash they garner is kinda deserved.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
A thought occurred to me regarding Geno and his alts. You think his alts would have not just the hat and cape be different, but also the kind of wood Geno is made out of as well?
Maybe a combination of both. Not anything too extreme but lighter or darker shades of wood would also be neat to see. I'm not for the idea of Geno being drastically different hues and colors, but I think having different wood stains for colors would be a neat idea.

wood.jpg

Droodle

Smash Lord
One thing I'd like to bring up is: If, God forbid, Geno is still an unrevealed Mii costume, then they really dropped the ball on revealing him. A lot of people, me included, were super resigned and had basically accepted that he was going to be a Mii costume that came with Hero. I doubt it would've caused too many ripples because it was treated like it was almost inevitable. Him not appearing as a Mii costume in the Hero presentation only served to breath new life into the Geno fanbase and blossoming Geno fans like me who wanted him but thought he had little chance at that point. Not to mention the fact that they've had 2 more chances since Hero to nip this bud before it kept growing. If Geno is revealed as a Mii costume now, then any disappointment and backlash they garner is kinda deserved.
I agree it would suck, but I know that Nintendo/Sakurai expect backlash depending on who ever gets in, or doesn't get in.

At worst, I expect some people here to be upset; but I doubt Nintendo will really care that much. There will definitely be some people that make fun of this thread. Most people will be like "sucks for Geno fans, but I'm happy ___ made it in". Doubly so if Geno's mii costume is revealed alongside another popular fighter like Sora, 2B, Waluigi etc.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Reposting this because it lines up perfectly with my New Year's Eve theory and, if I'm correct, the "February/March" character is referring to 6. My source's coyness makes me further my theory about 6 and beyond being hard steers back to big fan favorite characters because I don't get why they would tease it otherwise. As noted for almost two months now, I don't believe Geno is 6 but 6 will still be a big deal.
Why am I supposed to believe these “rumors” when you are conveniently the only one sharing them?

The two main leakers for Ultimate have been radio silent. I find it very odd that you are the only one that keeps spreading them not just for FP5, but for post pass.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did they really have two more chances after Hero? Or one? Or none?

Costumes and when they appear are predetermined. It's not as simple as "another character, instant costume drop" as is. Banjo could've been a good time, sure. But Terry doesn't remotely fit.

Hero was Dragon Quest specific anyway, so Geno not being shown was a clear and deliberate choice(assuming he's still a costume). It's also possible the costume was not licensed to return and that was it. Being a Spirit might've been the new licensing. Geno could just as well be playable. There's honestly no way to tell what'll happen next at this point. We have zero clues to what FP5 could be(one person speculating based upon insider knowledge, and Sabi and Verge not being allowed to say who it is because their sources won't speak up or are telling them "no"). For all we know, the next FP character could have a Geno and Chocobo costume in it, or maybe they, as I noted, were scrapped for licensing reasons. FF already has less content than before, so that could be a full thing that came to be cause SE didn't agree to license more.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I agree it would suck, but I know that Nintendo/Sakurai expect backlash depending on who ever gets in, or doesn't get in.

At worst, I expect some people here to be upset; but I doubt Nintendo will really care that much. There will definitely be some people that make fun of this thread. Most people will be like "sucks for Geno fans, but I'm happy ___ made it in". Doubly so if Geno's mii costume is revealed alongside another popular fighter like Sora, 2B, Waluigi etc.
I mean same goes if Geno makes it in. People have been compiling screenshots of all the bad faith arguments, flaming, concern trolling, and whatnot that’s been directed at Geno and even specifically at this thread for over a year now. I know plenty of us would hypothetically have a field day with those sorts of things as far as memeing goes the day Geno is revealed.

Why am I supposed to believe these “rumors” when you are conveniently the only one sharing them?

The two main leakers for Ultimate have been radio silent. I find it very odd that you are the only one that keeps spreading them not just for FP5, but for post pass.

You don’t have to believe anything you read on the internet, really. Everyone here including you knows that Fatman has shared screenshots showing he does in fact have contact with people who deal in leaks. As someone so invested in Smash you also know the landscape for leaking has changed significantly over the past few months. vegetable hasn’t presented legit information before anyone else in half a year and Spoopy is completely radio silent after getting btfo with the VGAs and people coming out against them. You really don’t have to believe Fatman but at least realize that things change, people burn bridges, and someone who has leaks one day may run dry a few months later. Completely hitching your beliefs on what is true or not to only what two people on the internet say is an overall bad idea.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

You don't have to. Like I say, I share what I'm allowed to because it's interesting to talk about. I also talk more because, like I demonstrated today, I'm okay with rumors being wrong and I share the ones I believe are credible and likely have things true about them.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Well, I doubt either are really blind to any form of backlash either. I really think they'd at least attempt to try and avoid it as much as possible. Sakurai has at least demonstrated that he has some pity for the Geno fan base and is aware of its size and dedication, so I don't think he wants them to be strung along thinking their most wanted might be in.

Did they really have two more chances after Hero? Or one? Or none?

Costumes and when they appear are predetermined. It's not as simple as "another character, instant costume drop" as is. Banjo could've been a good time, sure. But Terry doesn't remotely fit.

Hero was Dragon Quest specific anyway, so Geno not being shown was a clear and deliberate choice(assuming he's still a costume). It's also possible the costume was not licensed to return and that was it. Being a Spirit might've been the new licensing. Geno could just as well be playable. There's honestly no way to tell what'll happen next at this point. We have zero clues to what FP5 could be(one person speculating based upon insider knowledge, and Sabi and Verge not being allowed to say who it is because their sources won't speak up or are telling them "no"). For all we know, the next FP character could have a Geno and Chocobo costume in it, or maybe they, as I noted, were scrapped for licensing reasons. FF already has less content than before, so that could be a full thing that came to be cause SE didn't agree to license more.
I understand your point. I just think that when predetermining Mii costumes, it would've made sense for a Geno Mii costume to come with another Square RPG character than whoever FP5 is. And yeah, I do think Terry would've been a weird choice to show off Geno's costume with, but if would've made a lot of sense to do it with Banjo (assuming Square actually did enforce the "Only DQ" rule). I doubt Square would've turned down what was essentially free money in the form reusing an old Mii Costume from the last game from a franchise they haven't touched in over 2 decades. But, at the same time, Square Enix makes a lot of baffling decisions in regards to Smash so ehhhhh.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yes, but apart from the added Berkut stuff, it largely follows a more expanded storyline of Gaiden.

FE 6/7 are two games with two DIFFERENT storylines that they would have to combine, without allowing the pacing to deter.

They have to essentially give enough development to the cast of both games through modernized supports; put a time skip in and canonize certain relationships. On top of this, they have to cut out a lot of fluff in both games in order to fit them in together; as well as change gameplay mechanics so post timeskip doesn't get absurdly slow compared to previous timeskip. This isn't even talking about all the stuff they have to add and rewrite in order for the games to fit together.
Outside of adding Lyn for Binding Blade, they don¨t really need to do that much of a rewrite (then again, I haven¨t played Binding Blade for quite some time,, so it might be details that I missed). Heck, Fire Emblem 7 even ends on Zellius sitting on the throne in an end credit picture. The pairings and how pacing I give you. But I argue that you could do sort of an Awakening style. Have the parent's fate the same as you have in the original, but change the stats growth for them depending on who the mother/father is.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
A thought occurred to me regarding Geno and his alts. You think his alts would have not just the hat and cape be different, but also the kind of wood Geno is made out of as well?
Maybe, but to be honest it's gonna be weird seeing a Birch Geno.
Not that I have anything against white wood or anything... >_>;

You don't need to believe him, man. People hear **** all the time, some right, some wrong, and some in between.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
A combination of different wood and the capes/hat from Mario RPG would be pretty neat.

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice

Aren't they silent because they got some backlash and decided to not talk about smash anymore or am I misremembering?

D

Deleted member

Who asked you to believe rumors?

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I understand your point. I just think that when predetermining Mii costumes, it would've made sense for a Geno Mii costume to come with another Square RPG character than whoever FP5 is. And yeah, I do think Terry would've been a weird choice to show off Geno's costume with, but if would've made a lot of sense to do it with Banjo (assuming Square actually did enforce the "Only DQ" rule). I doubt Square would've turned down what was essentially free money in the form reusing an old Mii Costume from the last game from a franchise they haven't touched in over 2 decades. But, at the same time, Square Enix makes a lot of baffling decisions in regards to Smash so ehhhhh.
Nintendo or Sakurai could've made it only DQ as well. Fact of the matter is, it's clear it was DQ-specific anyway. Who or why doesn't matter. So that's why Geno wasn't there(if still a costume). Didn't fit into the pretty blatant decision.

Banjo's costume choices were pretty eh, so they were likely just whatever they can do that weren't fighting game costumes(since those were Terry-related). Likely Microsoft said no to other costumes, so they had little options.

I think any RPG character is a good move for Geno and Chocobo anyway. They both would fit just fine. Banjo is good because it's a mascot option just like them. They were actual Nintendo mascots at one time, after all. Geno is SMRPG's mascot, and Chocobo is one of Final Fantasy's mascots(Cloud is another one, and arguably Moogle is too. Any others is far more up for debate). I think they'd come with another SE character(regardless if RPG or not), but there's been shown to be no clear pattern or rules anyway, so who knows. I was surprised at the Hero bit at first, but then I realized it was clearly DQ-specific and it didn't take me long to wonder when else they could show off a costume... if it's there.

Though it doesn't matter if it's supposedly free money. That's not inherently how licensing works. Remember, they agreed to use him as a Spirit. That could be all they said yes to this time. Nintendo could've been the reason too for all we know. The only actual person/company who is going to say yes to Geno without question is Sakurai. The rest are up in the air and we lack data to come to any real conclusion of what'll happen. Also worth mentioning that it took forever to get SMRPG re-released, so SE probably is hard to work with on that franchise. Maybe not as hard as before, though.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Aren't they silent because they got some backlash and decided to not talk about smash anymore or am I misremembering?
That is not at all what happened.

They have just.... been silent. Thats pretty much all there is to it.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I've barely slipped through the cracks of this thread's drama thus far, but I just have to say -

If you don't believe anything Fatman has to say, then do just that. No one is making you trust him, or is even out here sticking their neck out for his legitimacy.

No need to contest him continuously when you yourself have already deemed his word untrustworthy. Just move on.
That is not at all what happened.

They have just.... been silent. Thats pretty much all there is to it.
Sabi most definetely went through some backlash recently, so. Verge is as silent as he always is...

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Cherrywood Geno for the win, mutha suckahs!

Geno strikes a pose showing off his newly stained finish: "What's up, birches!"

.....hehehehe....I'll see myself out now.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Apparently also one of S***'s big sources got outed on 4chan, at least that's what I gathered from PG's Discord

On an unrelated note

He's saying "One Month" since his last Direct tweet, and he apparently has a very good track record it seems. So maybe the 15th/16th really is the magic day

Heoj

Smash Ace
I can't really imagine finished geno and chocobo miis just sitting in some secret data folder being held off because sakurai and square wanted to "focus on dq" it just seems silly to me.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I can't really imagine finished geno and chocobo miis just sitting in some secret data folder being held off because sakurai and square wanted to "focus on dq" it just seems silly to me.
It's all about negotiation, and if Square felt that having Geno apart of the pack would steal the spotlight from a franchise that they wanted to market the crap out prior to his release, then it makes sense for them to tell Nintendo and Sakurai to wait with them (would Geno still be a costume that is)

Like I said before. Just look with the Terry presentation. The Sans Mii Costume was the talk of the town and not Terry himself

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Nintendo or Sakurai could've made it only DQ as well. Fact of the matter is, it's clear it was DQ-specific anyway. Who or why doesn't matter. So that's why Geno wasn't there(if still a costume). Didn't fit into the pretty blatant decision.

Banjo's costume choices were pretty eh, so they were likely just whatever they can do that weren't fighting game costumes(since those were Terry-related). Likely Microsoft said no to other costumes, so they had little options.

I think any RPG character is a good move for Geno and Chocobo anyway. They both would fit just fine. Banjo is good because it's a mascot option just like them. They were actual Nintendo mascots at one time, after all. Geno is SMRPG's mascot, and Chocobo is one of Final Fantasy's mascots(Cloud is another one, and arguably Moogle is too. Any others is far more up for debate). I think they'd come with another SE character(regardless if RPG or not), but there's been shown to be no clear pattern or rules anyway, so who knows. I was surprised at the Hero bit at first, but then I realized it was clearly DQ-specific and it didn't take me long to wonder when else they could show off a costume... if it's there.

Though it doesn't matter if it's supposedly free money. That's not inherently how licensing works. Remember, they agreed to use him as a Spirit. That could be all they said yes to this time. Nintendo could've been the reason too for all we know. The only actual person/company who is going to say yes to Geno without question is Sakurai. The rest are up in the air and we lack data to come to any real conclusion of what'll happen. Also worth mentioning that it took forever to get SMRPG re-released, so SE probably is hard to work with on that franchise. Maybe not as hard as before, though.
I'm really having trouble with the idea that Hero's presentation was "DQ specific". While I haven't watched it since July, Hero's presentation seemed to focus on DQ no more than Banjo or Terry's presentations focused on their respective series' to me. Banjo's was maybe a bit more focused on other things being added to the game, but that was also tacked on at the end of a direct, so it could be believed that Nintendo requested more be shown off in that presentation for that reason.

Honestly though, all this seems to be built too much on the idea that Square was very demanding about DQ only. Hell, we got Geno's costume in Smash 4 with Cloud, so I don't really see why Square had suddenly got more ornery on characters releasing with content not related to their series. And I honestly just don't see why Nintendo would care. I get that they have stake in wanting DQ to be promoted but I just don't see why they'd hold off the Geno costume because of that.

Also, if that Mii costume list is 100% correct (which I'm inclined to believe that it is), that means Square not only licensed Chocobo to return but also licensed two other Mario RPG costumes to return as well. Meaning that the issue of them never being licensed in the 1st place was never really an issue at all.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Outside of adding Lyn for Binding Blade, they don¨t really need to do that much of a rewrite (then again, I haven¨t played Binding Blade for quite some time,, so it might be details that I missed). Heck, Fire Emblem 7 even ends on Zellius sitting on the throne in an end credit picture. The pairings and how pacing I give you. But I argue that you could do sort of an Awakening style. Have the parent's fate the same as you have in the original, but change the stats growth for them depending on who the mother/father is.
There's something's that need to be changed/explained better. For example Hector wields the Armads in FE 7 on the condition that he'll die on the battlefield; yet he doesn't have it in FE 6 and Armads is just a legendary axe with no attached conditions to it.

There's a lot of things like that, on top of things like I've already mentioned like additional story additions (They would want to give Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn far bigger roles), the problem of managing such a large cast across both games, pacing issues (these are 2 separate stories and they can't really gut either of them), and try to attach these two stories together so there is no huge disconnect between them.

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

First and last post on this matter - believe what you want, but don’t post in a way where you frame your justifications (which in honesty are a poorly veiled attempt at trying to speak on behalf of a nonexistent greater silent majority, as much as you use ‘I’) presuming that you’ll gain the favor of everyone else and doing a service to the community. It comes off as highly arrogant.

On a more relevant note...
I don’t think they’d go too wild with this, but it’s certainly give Geno more costume variety than ‘boots and mitts of the day’ Pac or ‘slightly different shade of blue’ Sonic. :p I feel mahogany might be too strong of a color unless it’s paired with Sailor Cape or a Mallow color though.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm really having trouble with the idea that Hero's presentation was "DQ specific". While I haven't watched it since July, Hero's presentation seemed to focus on DQ no more than Banjo or Terry's presentations focused on their respective series' to me. Banjo's was maybe a bit more focused on other things being added to the game, but that was also tacked on at the end of a direct, so it could be believed that Nintendo requested more be shown off in that presentation for that reason.

Honestly though, all this seems to be built too much on the idea that Square was very demanding about DQ only. Hell, we got Geno's costume in Smash 4 with Cloud, so I don't really see why Square had suddenly got more ornery on characters releasing with content not related to their series. And I honestly just don't see why Nintendo would care. I get that they have stake in wanting DQ to be promoted but I just don't see why they'd hold off the Geno costume because of that.

Also, if that Mii costume list is 100% correct (which I'm inclined to believe that it is), that means Square not only licensed Chocobo to return but also licensed two other Mario RPG costumes to return as well. Meaning that the issue of them never being licensed in the 1st place was never really an issue at all.
These are some really good points. I totally forgot about the fact that the Geno costume originally came with Cloud...and with a SPLASH SCREEN no less! Apparently SE wasn't worried about Geno stealing their #1 franchise's thunder. Why would they be so anal about Hero?

That said, I'm still 99.99% sure that we're going to see at least one more SE rep. Even if the Mii costume list leak was totally bunk and Geno's costume is still out there, the fact that Chocobo is still out there too pretty much clinches it for another SE character.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I mean, isn't that just... delaying disappointment? if they removed the geno and chocobo miis to not let geno steal the show, that means they are aware of genos status as a fan favorite, therefore they probably know that no matter when they bring the mii back hes gonna end up "stealing the show" for another character.

I personally just don't see the whole "focusing on dq" thing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apparently also one of S***'s big sources got outed on 4chan, at least that's what I gathered from PG's Discord

On an unrelated note

He's saying "One Month" since his last Direct tweet, and he apparently has a very good track record it seems. So maybe the 15th/16th really is the magic day
What's the significance of January 2013 tho?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I mean, isn't that just... delaying disappointment? if they removed the geno and chocobo miis to not let geno steal the show, that means they are aware of genos status as a fan favorite, therefore they probably know that no matter when they bring the mii back hes gonna end up "stealing the show" for another character.

I personally just don't see the whole "focusing on dq" thing.
It makes sense for them to focus only on DQ because of thats a franchise that Square (who most likely put the demand if Geno is still a Mii Costume) has tried to push for quite some time. Yes, Geno could easily steal the show depending on who¨s next... Nintendo doesn¨t own Dragon Quest. Square Enix does.

There is a reason why articles like these was written before the release of the Dragon Quest 11 port on Switch
https://www.videogamer.com/news/dra...western-sales-for-new-entries-to-be-localised
to then later have articles like this https://www.thegamer.com/dragon-quest-western-sales/

Had Nintendo owned Geno, the magical doll would have been in the game long ago.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord

On an unrelated note

I don't get why people believe this guy at all... look through his post history and he's pretty much been wildly guessing it at everything.

For example.

States that SMM 2 will be a huge game for Nintendo, and Nintendo will reveal the release date and more info in an April direct.

The SMM 2 direct happened in the middle of May.

We could still get a direct on the 16th, but let's not take random twitter "leakers" with no proven track record as some sort of gospel.

D

Deleted member

I’m back. The Pokémon direct was...alright. Mystery Dungeon remake is cool. Expansion pass is okay. And why are people hating on my boy PapaGenos?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
What's the significance of January 2013 tho?
It's an intentionally incorrect date to hide his real message. That tweet was made on the 15th of December. About an hour ago, he replied to his own post and said this:
"Nearly one month..."
Basically, nearly one month after he posted on the 15th. In other words, January 15th or 16th.

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
These are some really good points. I totally forgot about the fact that the Geno costume originally came with Cloud...and with a SPLASH SCREEN no less! Apparently SE wasn't worried about Geno stealing their #1 franchise's thunder. Why would they be so anal about Hero?

That said, I'm still 99.99% sure that we're going to see at least one more SE rep. Even if the Mii costume list leak was totally bunk and Geno's costume is still out there, the fact that Chocobo is still out there too pretty much clinches it for another SE character.
At the same time though, it’s Cloud Strife, whose waves in the general gaming community would have far outweighed Geno by any measure (and the latter was a bombshell for its own reasons).
Hero and DQ... doesn’t have quite the international recognisability to have this pulled off successfully twice.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why people believe this guy at all... look through his post history and he's pretty much been wildly guessing it at everything.

For example.

States that SMM 2 will be a huge game for Nintendo, and Nintendo will reveal the release date and more info in an April direct.

The SMM 2 direct happened in the middle of May.

We could still get a direct on the 16th, but let's not take random twitter "leakers" with no proven track record as some sort of gospel.
You mean the information that conveniently happens to line up with some of Fatman's information, which he actually has receipts for?

Next you'll be telling me a broken clock is right twice a day.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, what's going on right now?

EDIT: 2200 pages have been reached, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom