• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
You know the few text leaks from 4chan that actually ended up being correct are ones that barely got any attention right? I'm talking about the e3 2018 one that mentioned Daisy, Ridley, and Inkling and another one that described aspects of both Incineroar and Pirahna Plant. So as of right now, I'm not putting any stock in this KOS-MOS leak.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS definitely has a lot going for her now. GamExplain leaning suspiciously hard in her direction being a factor.

But for a definitive answer? Nothing. Both Sabi and Vergeben can't get a straight answer; Nintendo did that good a job of keeping this one locked down tight
KOS-MOS has a rad design so if she's next no complaints from me.

Though is KOS-MOS owned by a company already in Smash or someone new.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS seems interesting, some wacky looking weapons, I'm down. She'll probably play unique at least!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If they gave me Mother 3 or Banjo-Threeie than I would not give two ***** if FP5 isn't there.
This. Also, more info on Shin Megami Tensei V or at least gameplay or at least a release date, since it’s been over 1,000 years since it was last announced. :mad088:

D

Deleted member

I won't say much today. There's nothing left to say whatever tommorow brings I'm looking forward to it to see who wins and to see what Nintendo announces.

I'm rooting for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Kingdom Hearts III, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I expect Death Stranding to sweep up the awards it deserves it.

Don't know what we'll get but I'm excited should be fun.

I'm thinking what King Zell was taking about was Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Maybe he gets into Smash someday hope so.

Far as the private videos thing probably was just old videos and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You know the few text leaks from 4chan that actually ended up being correct are ones that barely got any attention right? I'm talking about the e3 2018 one that mentioned Daisy, Ridley, and Inkling and another one that described aspects of both Incineroar and Pirahna Plant. So as of right now, I'm not putting any stock in this KOS-MOS leak.
KOS-MOS being “likely” is based solely on people trying to will her into existence by talking about her online and not any actual hard evidence.

Sure, she’s possible. But she is one of many flavor of the week characters.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So if KOS-MOS is our fighter, I question what her gimmick will be? I'm admittedly an outsider to the Xeno series

Joker has Arsene
Hero has the Command Menu and Magic
Banjo has Wonderwing
Terry has his Go moves

Geno's is an easy one: Timed Hits!

So what would hers be?

There, I snuck Geno in there so it's on-topic!

Wish7s

Smash Cadet
Call me crazy but I have a really good feeling about tomorrow, I'm gonna keep my expectations in check but I still feel as if a duel reveal is possible and I'm leaning towards Geno and Doomslayer. Only time will tell though

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So if KOS-MOS is our fighter, I question what her gimmick will be? I'm admittedly an outsider to the Xeno series

Joker has Arsene
Banjo has Wonderwing
Terry has his Go moves

So what would hers be?

With her neutral B, she wields a BIG gun. Take that Joker!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Joker has Arsene
Banjo has Wonderwing
Terry has his Go moves

So what would hers be?

She's a Swiss Army Weapon. She has access to dual cannons, can turn her hands into blades, has a pistol and can fire giant laser beams of death.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Wait if we all just end our posts with "Geno" anything is on topic! :4pacman:
1576088314836.png

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Actually, y'all, I made the Grinch leak.
All the characters in that leak are in my most wanted, except Chorus Kids to throw y'all off.
Sorry

D

Deleted member

Disconfirmed before I even knew it existed. Man, "leaks" are really optimized these days...
One day we might be able to RTA the TAS "deconfirm the leak as you present it" but I just don't see it within the year.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
After taking all the various insider information together and using logic and science, we have conclusively reached the conclusion that fighter 5 uses vowels in their name.
So what you're telling us is that it's Geno? He has TWO vowels in his name. Also, RIP 2B's chances, no vowels there.

Firox

Smash Master
Ok, guys, I think we've finally entered that stage right before an actual reveal when the internet absolutely floods with red herrings and fake leaks. This is always my least favorite part of Smash fandom because the only thing you can do is either cover your ears or let the Sirens' song lure you over the side of the ship. You pretty much can't trust anything at this point unless it comes with CLEAN gampeplay footage or slipped by an official Nintendo outlet.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Ok, guys, I think we've finally entered that stage right before an actual reveal when the internet absolutely floods with red herrings and fake leaks. This is always my least favorite part of Smash fandom because the only thing you can do is either cover your ears or let the Sirens' song lure you over the side of the ship. You pretty much can't trust anything at this point unless it comes with CLEAN gampeplay footage or slipped by an official Nintendo outlet.
Cacodemon and Mallow mii leak seems more real every day honestly. Clear gameplay footage that the internet couldnt pick apart. General population stopped talking about it weeks ago after it couldnt be proven real or fake. Much like the OG Ken leak. But I don’t think they would come with fighter 5, likely the first additional DLC guys. So who knows. Still very open to it being fake of course, but I like the odds

Firox

Smash Master
Cacodemon and Mallow mii leak seems more real every day honestly. Clear gameplay footage that the internet couldnt pick apart. General population stopped talking about it weeks ago after it couldnt be proven real or fake. Much like the OG Ken leak. But I don’t think they would come with fighter 5, likely the first additional DLC guys. So who knows. Still very open to it being fake of course, but I like the odds
My thoughts exactly. I'm banking on either Doomguy for #5 and Geno for #6 or something random for #5 with the other two being 6 and 7. Either way, I'll be overjoyed if I see Doomguy with the Cacodemon costume because it will mean Geno is pretty much in the bag.

D

Deleted member

If nintendo didn't have a smash reveal it would be, frankly, very ****ing stupid.
Well, this is Nintendo we're talking about. 20 dollars a year for the same dismal online service we've had for a decade, let's just offer free video games instead of virtual console Nintendo.

Joker has Arsene
Banjo has Wonderwing
Terry has his Go moves

So what would hers be?

You know, I think this is a ruse pattern. Not that you're throwing it out as a ruse, just that people are taking this "pattern" a bit too seriously. Faithfulness to the original game is first and foremost the only "gimmick" Sakurai seems to be aiming for anymore - the fact that a character comes with a "gimmick" is a byproduct of that. Calling Wonderwing a gimmick is the thing that really brings the pattern into question, because it's not really a character defining gimmick - it's just an abnormally good Flare Blitz with a use limit because otherwise it'd be ****ing broken beyond reason. Banjo's pretty solid without it and it's really just a way to close out stocks super early on an opponent doing predictable things around you. Honestly, the only character so far that isn't totally solid without the feature you've listed here is Joker, who I think many would agree relies on Arsene to not just be another Sheik.

I mean, it sort of carries an implication that the new characters in Smash 4's DLC cycle brought a "gimmick" with them, and that by that logic the new characters in Ultimate brought a gimmick, too, because having a gimmick is just the new design methodology, but really, we don't see that, unless you want to stretch like Inspector Gadget to say that Ridley's gimmick is that he's a frighteningly large midweight and that Isabelle's gimmick is being Villager but with a command grab and Incineroar's gimmick is being the shillmon.

I dunno, I just don't think we're guaranteed to get a fighter who brings something totally new to the table by way of their faithfulness, despite how tempting it is to say otherwise.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
KOS-MOS definitely has a lot going for her now. GamExplain leaning suspiciously hard in her direction being a factor.

But for a definitive answer? Nothing. Both Sabi and Vergeben can't get a straight answer; Nintendo did that good a job of keeping this one locked down tight
We got to stop using GameXplain as a factor for a character inclusion. Jon hates all this insider crap so he's most likely just making guesses. Nothing more and nothing less.

domriver

Smash Lord
Maybe we should just wait its tomorrow LOL. All this guessing and is making me think that Nintendo is purposely feeding false info probably to everyone and it will probably be the most obvious one. :D

D

Deleted member

Maybe we should just wait its tomorrow LOL. All this guessing and is making me think that Nintendo is purposely feeding false info probably to everyone and it will probably be the most obvious one. :D
That's the opposite of speculation, boss.

We have to drive ourselves nearly mad trying to figure out who it could be, or else our souls will be empty.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Anyone else feeling that calm before the storm? It's oddly exciting going into tomorrow not really knowing close to anything.

(Except for that its absolutely gonna be a Doomguy and Geno double reveal :ultpacman:)

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Will

Ya I agree. In fact I made a little mini theory about this leak that could prove it’s real. I feel like if this was fake after the game awards who ever made it would show people that it’s fake. If that does not happen then this could be. A real leak. I know what you all are thinking. BUT CATS THE GRINCH LEAK GUY NEVER SHOWED UP. That’s true but these two leaks are different l. The grinch leak was a huge photoshopped image that probably didn’t not take that much time to make. The miis however(assuming it’s fake for a minute) are actual mods. I feel like if your going to spend that much time making miis that look that good you would want to promote yourself in someway. Kinda like what Omni did with the Rayman leak. So if this mod has not been debunked by someone proving they made it after the game awards this could be a real leak. Buts that’s just a little theory I made. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom