• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Honestly I’m totally stoked chief looks likely. My moveset wont be finished by Thursday but if it happens I’ll post it eventually in the Chief board and link it here for those interested.
Dude if Chief gets in, RvB is going to see a massive revival

... Yeah... Come to think of it... Why would a first party game be announced during the Nindies? I have a theory as to why but I don't want to elaborate just yet. I'll just say watch the VGAs and, if it's not there, we'll all pile into my taxi the Ass Kicker Express and show up on his lawn on Friday.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Just wanna say everyone in this thread appreciates you.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Man, Chief and Geno would have all my "most wants." Really hoping that Master Chief happens. I really think that would be a "break the internet" moment, much like Doomslayer would.

As for Geno, I still have hope in him. I never thought he, or Master Chief for that matter, would have a shot. But everything seems to be lining up where these two could totally make it in!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
... Yeah... Come to think of it... Why would a first party game be announced during the Nindies? I have a theory as to why but I don't want to elaborate just yet. I'll just say watch the VGAs and, if it's not there, we'll all pile into my taxi the Ass Kicker Express and show up on his lawn on Friday.
Oooo I love road trips

“Sorry boss I have to call out of work to go beat somebody up for being wrong on the Internet”

That'll definitely work right?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, looking over things. He seems to have issues with "timing" although not egregious so, again, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What particularly caught my interest is that it lines up with a rumor that the NoA source told us back in August so I'm going to wait until the VGAs before I cross exam him on this.

Quick question is this guy the guy who revealed the mii list? Just curious if he is.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
"Fatman and the Gang Commit Assault"

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Master Chief would be awesome and he is one of my most wanted. The big problem though is that he has zero Nintendo presence. And until that supposed rule is broken, I don't see him as very likely. Not to mention he faces extremely tough competition from Steve who has plenty of Nintendo presence for a while now and is also the character of the best selling game of all time.

As for the indie presentation, some of the games seemed cool. Not hyped about any of them, but I might check some of them out.

Also, people over on Rate Their Chances are giving Geno pretty good scores (a lot of 50s and around there). We as a community have really made our voices heard and hopefully it will pay off.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If Steve somehow gets in over master chief, I will s*** a chicken
(I also will not buy Steve. I love Minecraft, but Steve can kindly **** off, with pleasure)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oooo I love road trips

“Sorry boss I have to call out of work to go beat somebody up for being wrong on the Internet”

That'll definitely work right?
Mr. Leaker Man wakes up bright and early, stretches, and greets the morning sun. A smile slowly creeps across his face as he imagines to himself that surely today will be a good day. He puts on his housecoat, walks to the kitchen, turns on the coffee maker, and pops some bread into the toaster. He soon takes his first sip of coffee and thinks to himself, "ah, pure bliss." With coffee mug in hand (adorned with "World's Best Leaker" of course), he steps out onto his front porch to get the morning paper.

As he bends over to reach it, a deafening roar and black smoke fills the air as a taxi barrels through his yard, destroying his mailbox and several decorative shrubs in the process. A man, no less than 7 feet tall and wearing nothing but a distinctive blue hat and cape, steps out of the taxi and is soon joined by no less than 50 people from inside the vehicle. With the smoke burning his eyes, Mr. Leaker Man struggles to read the writing on the side of the vehicle. To his horror, it reads "the Ass Kicker Express" in bold red letters...

In pure terror, the coffee mug falls from his hands and shatters on the pavement, a haunting metaphor for what would soon happen to all his bones. The nightmarishly tall man and his compatriots soon surround Mr. Leaker Man. What soon followed is too terrible to describe here... But... If you were to randomly place chicken bones into a pile of Jell-O, you'd have enough of a mental image to understand what happened that day...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder if a Master Chief trailer would make a sly reference towards Haloid.

NixF

Smash Cadet
I found King Zell post, it's this one from resetera.
And I don't think it's a misspell since he also made this post.

Both posts were made on the general direct speculation thread and not really a Smash one. So expect Halo in some form or another, but it's not known if it's Smash-related or not.

HEY NERDSAUCE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE, HOW YOU BEEN WITH UR NERD SELF :drflip: <3

Unrelated, but your icon is a photo taken just seconds before disaster, and I love it.

Anyway, happy new year, Geno thread! :p Let's hope we get to ring in the new decade with Geno coming home, Smash or not.
lol I actually caught this by a total accident. I paused the game to check the background characters only to find banjo like this... poor soul.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Mr. Leaker Man wakes up bright and early, stretches, and greets the morning sun. A smile slowly creeps across his face as he imagines to himself that surely today will be a good day. He puts on his housecoat, walks to the kitchen, turns on the coffee maker, and pops some bread into the toaster. He soon takes his first sip of coffee and thinks to himself, "ah, pure bliss." With coffee mug in hand (adorned with "World's Best Leaker" of course), he steps out onto his front porch to get the morning paper.

As he bends over to reach it, a deafening roar and black smoke fills the air as a taxi barrels through his yard, destroying his mailbox and several decorative shrubs in the process. A man, no less than 7 feet tall and wearing nothing but a distinctive blue hat and cape, steps out of the taxi and is soon joined by no less than 50 people from inside the vehicle. With the smoke burning his eyes, Mr. Leaker Man struggles to read the writing on the side of the vehicle. To his horror, it reads "the Ass Kicker Express" in bold red letters...

In pure terror, the coffee mug falls from his hands and shatters on the pavement, a haunting metaphor for what would soon happen to all his bones. The nightmarishly tall man and his compatriots soon surround Mr. Leaker Man. What soon followed is too terrible to describe here... But... If you were to randomly place chicken bones into a pile of Jell-O, you'd have enough of a mental image to understand what happened that day...
Imagine being a leaker enjoying your breakfast when you suddenly see the silhouette of a large individual knocking at your door and hear this, what do you do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLyRpGKWXRs

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

See this is the kind of shenanigans that keep me coming back.
The Geno thread waiting for the teacher Fatmanonice Fatmanonice to post his big essay
View attachment 251914
Psst, hey Inawordyes Inawordyes , what’s the answer to #5?

D

Deleted member

I found King Zell post, it's this one from resetera.
And I don't think it's a misspell since he also made this post.

Both posts were made on the general direct speculation thread and not really a Smash one. So expect Halo in some form or another, but it's not known if it's Smash-related or not.

lol I actually caught this by a total accident. I paused the game to check the background characters only to find banjo like this... poor soul.
Is there any chance this guy is full of ****? I know Fatman said he got the February direct right but this is striking me as Vergeben and Minecraft.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Is there any chance this guy is full of ****? I know Fatman said he got the February direct right but this is striking me as Vergeben and Minecraft.
Well, it seems like he has been teasing this stuff for quite a while. TGA is only 2 days from now so let's wait and see.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Unless I'm remembering wrong, I'm pretty sure he was the same guy who said we'd be getting Pikmin and Metroid Prime Trilogy by the end of the year. So I wouldn't say he's completely 100% reliable, though he has gotten some stuff right.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Master Chief over Doomguy... please no, it's like putting Crash over Mario
I might look biased with Chief in my signature, but even as somebody who wants Doomguy a LOT, Master Chief being in Smash would be the kind of megaton announcement that would change gaming history. Nintendo and Microsoft legitimate besties after all this time.

Also, Franco Geno Franco Geno , it feels almost surreal being a part of one of your memes. Much obliged.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I might look biased with Chief in my signature, but even as somebody who wants Doomguy a LOT, Master Chief being in Smash would be the kind of megaton announcement that would change gaming history. Nintendo and Microsoft legitimate besties after all this time.

Also, Franco Geno Franco Geno , it feels almost surreal being a part of one of your memes. Much obliged.
I would prefer Doomguy over Master Chief, but I must admit that Master Chief getting in would be much more internet shattering.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Master Chief over Doomguy... please no, it's like putting Crash over Mario
Not really? Master Chief is much more important to FPS games then Crash is for 2D platformers. It'd be more like Sonic over Mario if anything.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

No problem my friend

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I don't care which shooty dude gets in smash as long as we A. don't get more than 1 and B. doesn't hurt the chances of geno, or any other character I'm rooting for honestly.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'd much rather have Doomguy than Master Chief, mostly because I just kinda... hate Microsoft. Doomguy would at least be a more historical/impactful choice, but I hate FPS's that aren't TF2 so it's not a win for me either way.

Also I really liked the Geno/Doomguy memes lol

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Geno in a mainline Mario game... oh man my heart sings for it.

Mario Odyssey but you can play as Geno, and he throws his cap on things and they get the little Geno hat and his nutcracker-esque mouth.

I require HD Geno more than I require oxygen Miyamoto please make it happen.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Geno in a mainline Mario game... oh man my heart sings for it.

Mario Odyssey but you can play as Geno, and he throws his cap on things and they get the little Geno hat and his nutcracker-esque mouth.

I require HD Geno more than I require oxygen Miyamoto please make it happen.
Honestly, would totally take Geno in the spin-offs at this point. Geno in MK8? New main. Really want to see Geno on Rainbow Road racing. Or Mallow in the cloud level from MK8!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom