• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
According to that same link it isn't any of them. Two are reimu and somebody else.
The other character was Hayabusa. There's definitely room for Geno still, all things considered.

This is PapaGenos's predicted 2nd pass. I'm curious how you folks in the Geno thread would take to this?
Untitled.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, if Geno is in, how will you all celebrate?

EDIT: 2000 pages, everyone!

Last edited:

BoyMan

Smash Cadet
2,000 pages. Nearly 80,000 posts. Well done on keeping the excitement alive for so long, everyone. Hopefully the dedication ends up paying off!

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Woo! Happy 2,000 pages everyone! What a hecking cool milestone. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer now before Geno makes his debut.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
GenoHappyShout.png
2000 PAGES BAYBEE!!
GenoHappyShout.png

Okay guys, Geno discussion time.

Geno has a CGI trailer, it heavily features two other base game characters in a major role within the video. They are not be Mario-series characters, and they can, but preferably are not, from the same series as each other either.

Who does Geno's video feature, and what's the plotline that leads up to his reveal?
Kirby and Samus. Samus is flying around in her ship, but crashes in a forest after taking on enemy fire (Read: Arrows). At the same time, a small star is flying towards the forest area. After a bit of searching around, Samus hears a crash off in the distance. She goes to investigate and finds Kirby, who crash landed just like her. Suddenly, the duo are attacked by a team of Young Links. They try their best to fight them off, but find themselves overwhelmed by their superior force. But just before they're hit with a volley of arrows, a mysterious figure jumps in front and deflects all of the arrows. It's Geno. Cue splash screen.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I remember back in 2017 Sakurai said "If the Geno community can get 2000 pages worth of posts in a support thread I'll add your ****ing puppet to Smash!"

Your move, Sakurai.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
The other character was Hayabusa. There's definitely room for Geno still, all things considered.

This is PapaGenos's predicted 2nd pass. I'm curious how you folks in the Geno thread would take to this?
This is actually looks good. I like this.

And wow congrats on 2000 pages everyone!

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaaat the heck, I turn away for an hour or so, and we've already breached 2K?? This is craaaazy, ya'll. Congratulations, everybody!!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Okay guys, Geno discussion time.

Geno has a CGI trailer, it heavily features two other base game characters in a major role within the video. They are not be Mario-series characters, and they can, but preferably are not, from the same series as each other either.

Who does Geno's video feature, and what's the plotline that leads up to his reveal?
Kirby is a shoe-in. As for the other, I'd say Meta Knight, but for the sake of variety, let's go with Fox.

Kirby's on his Warpstar and Fox is on his Arwing. Both are soaring through space on their own and end up meeting each other. Kirby waves his hand to Fox and he smiles back. All's well until a falling star passes by them and directs itself to a nearby planet. Curious, they descend into the planet. Fox succesfully lands and jumps out of his ship and Kirby crashes into the ground and bounces off the floor until he stops face first on the floor. He looks up to see a house with a beam of light emanating from it going up towards the skies. He gets up and enters the house along with Fox. Inside there, the two of them look in awe at the source of light as it descends slowly into an inanimate wooden doll and a familiar theme plays. A blinding flash obstructs the doll from view until it gradually shines dimmer and dimmer. Once the light is finally dim enough, we finally see what that was and...

GENO
STARS AGAIN!

Cue the gameplay montage and a musical transition to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms.

EDIT: WOOOO 2000 PAGES HYPE!!!!! Just as Y2K meant the end of the world, our 2K pages should mean the end of our wait. :4pacman:

EDIT 2: Grammar.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, if Geno is in, how will you all celebrate?
Well...
- First I'd make some posts in this thread celebrating his arrival.
- Next, I'd edit and upload my reaction to my YouTube channel. (As you all should do.)
- After that, I'll probably spend the rest of the day and some of the following day watching other people's reactions to the news.
- And once I'm done with that, I'll begin work on a video in the vein of BestGuyEver celebrating Geno's arrival. I already have a video title and song choice for it.
- And after that...? I'll be here, waiting for Geno's release with the rest of you all.
Blessed post.

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I have literally nothing to contribute anymore I just want to be in this page for posterity.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Kirby is a shoe-in. As for the other, I'd say Meta Knight, but for the sake of variety, let's go with Fox.

Kirby's on his Warpstar and Fox is on his Arwing. Both are soaring through space on their own and end up meeting each other. Kirby waves his hand to Fox and he smiles back. All's well until a falling star passes by them and directs itself to a nearby planet. Curious, they descend into the planet. Fox succesfully land and jumps out of his ship and Kirby crashes into the ground and bounces off the floor until he stops face first. He looks up to see a house with a beam of light emanating from it towards the skies. He gets up and enters the house along with Fox. Inside there, the two of them look in awe at the source of light as it descends slowly into an inanimate wooden doll and a familiar theme plays. A blinding flash obstructs the doll from view until it gradually shines dimmer and dimmer. Once the light is finally dim enough, we finally see what that was and...

GENO
STARS AGAIN!

Cue the gameplay montage and a musical transition to Beware the Forest's Mushrooms.
Amazing.

Also, I've been forever cursed, I cannot listen to the original BtFM without expecting I'm going into a PapaGenos video now.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
HOLY FREAK, 2000 pages!? Let's gooooo.

Anyways, anyone mind catching me up with recnt speculation and leaks? It's been like three or so days since I've been here and it's been moving soooo quick.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Amazing.

Also, I've been forever cursed, I cannot listen to the original BtFM without expecting I'm going into a PapaGenos video now.
Thank you, haha. It's been a while since I've written anything like this.

And I can just about hear Papa's voice as well when that song plays, lol.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Thank you, haha. It's been a while since I've written anything like this.

And I can just about hear Papa's voice as well when that song plays, lol.
It's why I brought it up! We're in that weird 1990's-2019 stretch of thread where it kind of is bleeding into IRL somewhat with general nostalgia, so it's the time to be creative and think outside the box in my mind, so imagining new takes on how Geno could be presented to us is cool. I'm sure everybody expects an SMRPG reunion, or something to do with Rosalina, or even a PAC-MAN style montage of all the DLC characters up to that point being arranged a la the Seven Stars. But Smash has never been one for coming out of the gate with what's expected every time.

EDIT: AND I LITERALLY CAN HEAR HIS VOICE, GOSH

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Over 2000 pages and still growing! To celebrate such a momentous occasion I would like to make a toast! To all of my Geno friends from Ovaltine Ovaltine to ForsakenM ForsakenM to countless others I thank you all for being on this amazing and wonderful roller coaster we call the Geno thread we've certainly seen great time and truly some dark times (Grinch Leak, The thread borderline being dead while Hero was still speculated, etc.) but I think we've come out better because of it. Our love for the blue cladded star warrior himself knows no bounds even if your name is wynn728 wynn728 we all love Geno in our own unique way and it wouldn't have been possible without such love pushing us to strive towards such milestones.

Even in the darkest of times we've guided our way through and kept the spirit of Geno (no pun intended) alive leading to where we are today and I can safely say I am proud of all of you and I am thankful to you all my friends no matter how loosely or solid I use the word. Thank you for being on this wild journey of speculation with me.

While some people may never get what we see in Geno that's alright cause there really is no way to describe what we all feel for our boy as it's not about "oh this character is from this really rich and expansive franchise dating back to [insert year here]" All you need is a history with the character no matter how big or small which of course you couldn't explain and let others get it's up to personal interpretation and our personal histories as to why we love Geno.

In a sense we all carry a piece of Geno within us so from now onwards let's try and be a little bit kinder, more patient and make Geno proud cause we carry the soul of the character on our shoulders as if Nintendo and Square won't we sure as hell will. To this crazy journey and all the memories we've had along the way, To our personal love and care for Geno, To us, To Geno and to the future! Cheers!

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

I Agree with this, all these recent leaks seem to link up into one whole set of characters. Most of which include Geno in some form!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, who's excited for the Game Awards?

EDIT: 80,000 post here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom