• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senorite

Smash Rookie
Hi Everyone. None of you will know me, but I've been watching this thread for a long time so I feel like I know a lot of you...

I decided I wanted to finally make a post since I am feeling the same way I am today as I did when I read a leak about Katalina from Grand Blue being the last character to be announced for the base roster.

With the news that apparently KOS-MOS is supposedly fighter 5, I'm feeling the dread that Sakurai has managed to end things once again with a whimper instead of a bang (say what you will, but Inciniroar being the last character revealed was so poorly planned out that I am surprised how good the pass has been since).

That being said, as hyped as I am for the next character, I feel the dread of disapointment rearing it's ugly head again.

I've never been so sure Geno will be in smash bros. I don't care how long I have to wait but I feel in my gut he will come to Ultimate. That being said, **** my life if this leak is true. I not only have not heard of the game this character came from before now, but reading about it has been beyond depressing. If you like this series, I am not trying to diss you, I am a damn Geno fan after all. I know what it's like wanting your character in smash. I shouldn't have to say I respect your perspective in this day in age, but I do. But man, for me, I am beyond not interested in this and it seems like the worst possible character to end the pass with. If this character was announced as fighter 3 or 4, I would still have something to look forward to. Which leads to this.

I have to force myself to look forward to Pass 2 to stay positive right now. The possibilities are endless. If KOS-MOS is fighter 5, my favorites of GENO, DOOM SLAYER, AMATERASU and ISAAC have more chance today than ever before.

Everyone should try and find positivity in life. It's what keeps us sain. And most importantly, happy.

Goodnight, my children of the stars.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Think I'm calling it quits for today too, but it was a damn fun ride getting into the 2000 page mark. Here's to 2000 more!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS just kind of... breaks the overall tone of the Fighters Pass

Joker: Total Sakurai bias, but a beloved game that's a modern masterpiece of a JRPG
Hero: Legacy character with an enormous following in Japan, another master of JRPGs
Banjo-Kazooie: A fan request people thought to be impossible, another character with legacy that perfected the foundation Mario 64 started with
Terry: Sakurai bias strikes again, while something of an unknown to Smash fans, a legacy character nonetheless that helped define the fighting game genre

KOS-MOS... Maybe it's just my unfamiliarity with the Xeno series, but KOS-MOS just kinda 'exists'. She's a lot like Morrigan, her own series is done so she just cameos in other games now. Morrigan though his remembered very fondly; people only seem to remember KOS-MOS when she's cameoing in something

Plus it seems to kind of break Reggie and Sakurai's statement that all of the characters would be from 'new worlds' when we already have a Xeno rep in Shulk; but that's just me being pedantic.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Just gotta say, if KOS-MOS is fighter 5, B-K will really stick out like a sore thumb lol

All these humans (human-looking in KOS-MOS' case) and then just

bear and birb party

cool

oh right 2000 pages congrats i hope you eat a whole pepperoni to celebrate yay :drflip:

i should never post at 1 am after drawing myself to death but i have like negative ****s to give whooHHHHHHhhhI'm tired.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
HOLY FREAK, 2000 pages!? Let's gooooo.

Anyways, anyone mind catching me up with recnt speculation and leaks? It's been like three or so days since I've been here and it's been moving soooo quick.
Okay, so first things first:
- Vergeben and Sabi have been disconfirming characters left and right. Pretty much everyone you can name is out of the running for FP5; Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Reimu Hakurei, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Lloyd, Heihachi, Sora... pretty much everyone and anyone you've ever wanted is out for FP5. The only consistent exception thus far appears to be Waluigi of all characters. There's also KOS-MOS who hasn't been outright disconfirmed yet, which leads us right into...
- There's a post floating around that lists KOS-MOS as FP5, as well as a bunch of other stuff that so far seems to be lining up. I'm a bit skeptical of all this due to how a lot of the stuff in this 4chan post are pretty safe predictions; Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind being in early 2020 (I'm pretty sure it was already confirmed for an early 2020 release, so guessing January isn't all that hard), Shin Megami Tensei V being shown off again (It's been a while, so it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to see, plus a whole lot of people want to see more of it), and Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC (It's been rumored for a while, plus most big console games come to PC nowadays anyways).
4chanTGA.png

- And just a little bit ago, we've hit 2000 pages! Huzzah!
Anyways, that's all the worthwhile stuff that's come up recently. Until next time...
GenoBoomer.png

So, who's excited for the Game Awards?

EDIT: 80,000 post here!
>Four 0s
0000.png

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So wait, why do people fear KOS-MOS would be a blow to Geno's chances? They aren't really related in any way? If anything, we should be all clear for a chance at post pass with her addition.

BZocky

Smash Ace
This thread is an absolute unit. Congrats on 2,001 pages and over 80,000 awe-inspiring posts genolads!
Speaking of, the second installment in the Super Smash Bros. series, Super Smash Bros. Melee was released in 2001. :foxmelee:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So wait, why do people fear KOS-MOS would be a blow to Geno's chances? They aren't really related in any way? If anything, we should be all clear for a chance at post pass with her addition.
I think it was because of some leak that said her, Reimu, Hyabusa, ect would be the last characters so basically counting Geno out if true. I don't have the source to the leak, but it was on 4chan so I wouldn't put any stock in it.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Because another leak with KOS-MOS says that for sure our next two fighters will be Reimu and Hayabusa; therefore, two more spots taken that could have been filled by our puppet boi

D

Deleted member

>Dorito Pope says no leaks for the VGAs are live right now
>believing a text leak on 4chan about the VGAs

I don't know, man.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think it was because of some leak that said her, Reimu, Hyabusa, ect would be the last characters so basically counting Geno out if true. I don't have the source to the leak, but it was on 4chan so I wouldn't put any stock in it.
But the TGA leak also mentioned four more post pass. PapaGenos mentions it lined up with the Reimu/Hayabusa leak to begin with.

That could easily count Geno/Doom before Reimu and Hayabusa as the last characters

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Wow I step back for like an hour and 4 pages go by. I missed the big changeover but no point in getting hung up on the past. Happy 2000 pages everyone. We're creating our own records now and I'm beginning to doubt if they will ever be broken. I'm glad I joined up on this crazy journey and I'm excited to see where it goes.

To 2000 pages on Mr. Sakurai's wild ride! Riding it to the end because this thing has no breaks! I couldn't ask for better companions. Geno fan base is the best one around after all!

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Okay, so first things first:
- Vergeben and Sabi have been disconfirming characters left and right. Pretty much everyone you can name is out of the running for FP5; Geno, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Reimu Hakurei, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Lloyd, Heihachi, Sora... pretty much everyone and anyone you've ever wanted is out for FP5. The only consistent exception thus far appears to be Waluigi of all characters. There's also KOS-MOS who hasn't been outright disconfirmed yet, which leads us right into...
- There's a post floating around that lists KOS-MOS as FP5, as well as a bunch of other stuff that so far seems to be lining up. I'm a bit skeptical of all this due to how a lot of the stuff in this 4chan post are pretty safe predictions; Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind being in early 2020 (I'm pretty sure it was already confirmed for an early 2020 release, so guessing January isn't all that hard), Shin Megami Tensei V being shown off again (It's been a while, so it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary to see, plus a whole lot of people want to see more of it), and Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC (It's been rumored for a while, plus most big console games come to PC nowadays anyways).
View attachment 251463
- And just a little bit ago, we've hit 2000 pages! Huzzah!
Anyways, that's all the worthwhile stuff that's come up recently. Until next time...
View attachment 251465

>Four 0s
View attachment 251467
Might as well post this here as well. Remember this Game Awards leak from last year?

Just because a leak has some stuff correct doesn't mean everything in it is, it can easily miss things or be filled with bogus information.

D

Deleted member

Except there is no way Geoff would ever admit to a leak
Between the insiders not knowing if there's even going to be a Smash character at the VGAs, Geoff talking about how he was the only one who knew Joker was happening, and his statements regarding leaks, I'm not buying leaks regardless if he'd admit there was any leaks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hmm... Should I stay up in case Fatmanonice Fatmanonice posts his big **** essay or should I go to sleep and get some rest? :crazy:

But the TGA leak also mentioned four more post pass. PapaGenos mentions it lined up with the Reimu/Hayabusa leak to begin with.

That could easily count Geno/Doom before Reimu and Hayabusa as the last characters
Yeah, I didn't remember the exact details in that leak. It really isn't anything worth putting stock into anyway.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Might as well post this here as well. Remember this Game Awards leak from last year?

Just because a leak has some stuff correct doesn't mean everything in it is, it can easily miss things or be filled with bogus information.
Right. Also, another thing I forgot to mention in this post is that KOS-MOS, while not being a particularly popular name, is a name that's been speculated regularly enough to be the kind of name someone would throw into a fake leak to make it seem more believable, sort of like with Steve.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Do we have any way to pin Fatman's essay or attach it to the OP or something when it's out?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Wow. So a lot happened huh? I had a feeling something was up with Sabi considering the sheer number of "disconfirmations" that occurred over a short period of time. Not sure if I should believe them anymore and there is a high chance at least some of these are not correct. KOS-MOS would be very underwhelming for me personally, so I'm just going to expect nothing and hope for Doom Slayer is FP5 and that Crash, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Waluigi, and/or Geno will come later.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, even more than the KOS-MOS thing, what makes be disbelieve the 4chan thing is the whole “Horizon on PC” aspect. The only “insider” supposedly leaking it got E3 very wrong, and the “Death Stranding is coming to PC” claim attributed to him was literally known since day one when Kojima Productions announced the project to begin with. Furthermore, it’s not actually being published directly by Sony on the platform, rather 505 Games.

And you might be thinking, “But wait, the Quantic Dream games are all on EGS, so Sony still has precedence of doing that!” ...Well, as it turns out, the QD thing is actually inexplicably more of a Crash situation. A Chinese company bought out QD with the specific intent to make their games multiplatform a few months before all that went down, and the EGS versions of those are actually entirely self-published by QD without Sony’s involvement.

Horizon coming to PC would also be quite counter-intuitive with Sony’s recent huge push of the streaming-based Now service as the main way to play these games on the platform.

The rumor basically reeks of someone who doesn’t really know the situation looking at these “Sony” games coming to EGS and jumping to conclusions that more have to be on the way.

Plus, er, that KH stuff... already happened a few days ago, including the trailer. Why would it be a TGA reveal?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Honestly, even more than the KOS-MOS thing, what makes be disbelieve the 4chan thing is the whole “Horizon on PC” aspect. The only “insider” supposedly leaking it got E3 very wrong, and the “Death Stranding is coming to PC” claim attributed to him was literally known since day one when Kojima Productions announced the project to begin with. Furthermore, it’s not actually being published directly by Sony on the platform, rather 505 Games.

And you might be thinking, “But wait, the Quantic Dream games are all on EGS, so Sony still has precedence of doing that!” ...Well, as it turns out, the QD thing is actually inexplicably more of a Crash situation. A Chinese company bought out QD with the specific intent to make their games multiplatform a few months before all that went down, and the EGS versions of those are actually entirely self-published by QD without Sony’s involvement.

Horizon coming to PC would also be quite counter-intuitive with Sony’s recent huge push of the streaming-based Now service as the main way to play these games on the platform.

The rumor basically reeks of someone who doesn’t really know the situation looking at these “Sony” games coming to EGS and jumping to conclusions that more have to be on the way.

Plus, er, that KH stuff... already happened a few days ago, including the trailer. Why would it be a TGA reveal?
Actually, the KH stuff was a legit leak. That trailer was never supposed to release yet, it was unlisted and someone snatched the link and spread it around. It's since been reuploaded and the secret is blown, but it could easily still be "officially" revealed at the Game Awards

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
KOS-MOS just kind of... breaks the overall tone of the Fighters Pass

Joker: Total Sakurai bias, but a beloved game that's a modern masterpiece of a JRPG
Hero: Legacy character with an enormous following in Japan, another master of JRPGs
Banjo-Kazooie: A fan request people thought to be impossible, another character with legacy that perfected the foundation Mario 64 started with
Terry: Sakurai bias strikes again, while something of an unknown to Smash fans, a legacy character nonetheless that helped define the fighting game genre

KOS-MOS... Maybe it's just my unfamiliarity with the Xeno series, but KOS-MOS just kinda 'exists'. She's a lot like Morrigan, her own series is done so she just cameos in other games now. Morrigan though his remembered very fondly; people only seem to remember KOS-MOS when she's cameoing in something

Plus it seems to kind of break Reggie and Sakurai's statement that all of the characters would be from 'new worlds' when we already have a Xeno rep in Shulk; but that's just me being pedantic.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. She just doesn´t fit in with the rest of the dlc. even less than geno. Anyways,here´s a celeb post for the melee page! That´s still the best intro of the series!

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Actually, the KH stuff was a legit leak. That trailer was never supposed to release yet, it was unlisted and someone snatched the link and spread it around. It's since been reuploaded and the secret is blown, but it could easily still be "officially" revealed at the Game Awards
Ooh, actually, there’s a big question: Did that trailer leak before or after Geoff’s big “no leaks” statement?

It could have easily been prepared for the State of Play presentation tomorrow, as well, Square previously used that for a big FFVIIR infodump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom