• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like if you are trying to sneak something to leak, you wouldn't take the time to make each character taunt at the same time separately.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
You all realize the pokemon they "cut" aren't gone forever, right...? They're just not in swsh. They'll be in the next game, probably. I think another game like battle revolution is likely to happen soon so battles can happen with every pokemon.
With just how many are gone I cant see all of them coming back this generation. All of my favorites with the exception of Flygon and Quagsire are gone. I think I’m done with pokemon for awhile honestly. Theres plenty of older ones to play in the mean time.
Guys, I have this TGA thing some thought, and I have an idea:
So what if, since the mallow and Cacodemon mii costumes both look complete, which is definitely odd, what if, we get 2 back to back announcements, what do I mean? A mini direct in Dec 7 for Geno being #5 and a Gamer Awards announcement for Doomslayer, it makes so much sense!
Geno would make perfect since for a smash bros mini direct because all of his popularity comes from the smash community, and I think Sakurai will do something for our 1 year anniversary.
Doomslayer makes sense for a game awards announcement because he would make the perfect interruption reveal, like Joker and the Phantom thieves, The Host could be talking to the audience, and the the Huge monitor could start staticing and a computer lady could say “WARNING: THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY”and start the trailer from there, it makes so much sense!
That’d be cool but I just don’t see Geno coming in this pass. All the patterns we’ve seen dont really match up, and I know the spirits arguement is a dead horse, but I think it still applies to the fighters pass

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The leak doesn't seem to have the game paused, though, as you can still see their render portraits and stuff, just like the Ken leak.

Unless you can do this in replay mode, which it seems to be in, so forgive me since I haven't tried the replay stuff though would they have had the mode internally during when the original Ken leak's image was taken...?

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Slayer for sure. He has so many names, including Hell Walker. A nice point of trivia is that it was once canon that he was BJ Blazkowicz III, descendant of Wolfenstein's longtime antagonist.
Wait isnt BJ the protagonist of the new ones? Who did you play as in the original

Firox

Smash Master
Honestly, my biggest gripe with SwSh isn't even the dexit. It's the graphics. It's just Sun and Moon HD. Battle Revolution obliterated it on that front as was mentioned before, but I would argue Colloseum and Gale of Darkness on the gamecube look better too. Especially in battle. Despite the claims of "high quality animations" even colloseum has VASTLY superior animations. Like the pokemon actually run at eachother to attack. They fall down and get back up when hit. They have complex idle animations. Not to mention the special effects for the attacks are infinitely better. It's just such a wasted opportunity to port everything over from the 3ds and give it a new coat of paint.
EXACTLY. I still contend that Battle Revolution had the best graphics of any Pokemon game to date....and that was two console generations ago......with every Pokemon up through Gen 4. There really is no good excuse for why SwSh looks as cheap as it does for a mainline console game when they aren't even using the entire Pokedex in it.

EDIT: Correction, technically Pokken Tournament has the best graphics of any Pokemon game but they only have, what, 20 or so characters in it?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As for Doom Slayer's reveal trailer, I'll copy and paste my one YouTube comment.

If we are going by the theory that they will continue to use the World of Light setting to introduce new characters, I can imagine Doom Slayer's reveal trailer being a bunch of the characters being surrounded by the corrupted and then all of a sudden the corrupted characters are being punched, kicked and shot away in close ups. Everyone looks up and sees a humanoid figure jumping and stomping down on one of the corrupted. The camera tilts up with shotgun shells falling down and then it tilts up to Doom Slayer aiming his shotgun with the splash screen saying, "Doom Slayer rips and tears through the battlefield".

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
The leak doesn't seem to have the game paused, though, as you can still see their render portraits and stuff, just like the Ken leak.

Unless you can do this in replay mode, which it seems to be in, so forgive me since I haven't tried the replay stuff though would they have had the mode internally during when the Ken image was taken...?
The idea is that you start the taunts in camera mode, then quickly unpause and take the picture. Might have to be quick about it, but it's certainly possible.

Replay mode is also definitely possible, even probable. I don't see any reason that replays wouldn't be available in a dev build; that functionality would certainly need testing.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The idea is that you start the taunts in camera mode, then quickly unpause and take the picture. Might have to be quick about it, but it's certainly possible.
Oh, okay.

Gosh, frame-perfect imagery. I wonder how long it'd take to pull off if they were desperate for the same frame as the Ken leak. I guess it's skill, whether real or fake.

Last edited:

AbeSoddus

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4523-2453-0333

Unless you can do this in replay mode, which it seems to be in, so forgive me since I haven't tried the replay stuff though would they have had the mode internally during when the Ken image was taken...?
You could unpause after setting up the taunts, then take a picture.
But yes, after setting up the taunts and recording the replay, you can just take a picture while watching the replay later. That way the in game HUD is there.
I don't see why a feature like that wouldn't be available in a dev version.

edit: Freaky Fast Mutant Man

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Could also be a button that is only available to the testing version of smash ultimate where if you press a button all the characters on screen will perform that action at the same time. Idk why that would be a thing but Im just guessing.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I just want to know if the Ken leak taunts are on frame 21 as well. It would be a hell of a coincidence if it was.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Guys, I have this TGA thing some thought, and I have an idea:
So what if, since the mallow and Cacodemon mii costumes both look complete, which is definitely odd, what if, we get 2 back to back announcements, what do I mean? A mini direct in Dec 7 for Geno being #5 and a Gamer Awards announcement for Doomslayer, it makes so much sense!
Geno would make perfect since for a smash bros mini direct because all of his popularity comes from the smash community, and I think Sakurai will do something for our 1 year anniversary.
Doomslayer makes sense for a game awards announcement because he would make the perfect interruption reveal, like Joker and the Phantom thieves, The Host could be talking to the audience, and the the Huge monitor could start staticing and a computer lady could say “WARNING: THE SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY”and start the trailer from there, it makes so much sense!
As awesome as this would be, I feel that a double reveal is out of the cards for now. 1 Year Anniversary Direct or VGAs, neither strike me as appropriate venues for double reveals. Also, I don't think someone like Geno would be revealed at the VGAs. If Banjo was any indication, I feel they'd be more likely to reveal a character like him either at E3 or the next general Direct, where everyone would be watching. Gotta get those reactions vids, right?

P47

Smash Apprentice
Ngl hearing DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NANANA DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NAAAA~ right after the Smash logo fades away would send chills down my spine even if there wouldn't be much of a surprise factor.

Also wasn't there that one TGA question where the answer was Geno? Not saying a double reveal is likely in the slightest but it's something to chew on

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So Sabi just posted this on Twitter. While not explicitly confirming she is talking about Smash, let's not be dumb here...

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice This is the second time today Sabi is saying something about this; literally doubling down on whatever is being implied seemingly. Thoughts? Anything we can find out? Is Sabi going to tell us something soon?

Attachments

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No. I recognize DOOM as a very iconic and impactful series but I don't think I've ever played a DOOM game except for DOOM 64. For whatever reason, I like the pairing of these two characters in all these recent memes. It's almost like a Groot and Rocket Racoon relationship despite the fact that Geno's hardly like Rocket aside from fire power and I have no clue what Doom Marine's personality is supposed to be like.
People have already given some pretty great showcases of the personality of Doom Marine, but here is some personal favorite videos of mine this analyze his character, which were actually part of the catalyst for me supporting Doom Marine in Smash.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ooh I forgot about Pokemon Revolution. Fifty dollars to see your Diamond and Pearl Pokemon in 3D glory. Worth tbh. I stacked my game with Action Replay pokes from Diamond and that **** was hilarious. My Jiggly Puff knew Roar of Time and Spacial Rend lmao.
LOL Good times. I had a Typhlosion with Drought and Solar Beam.

D

Deleted member

Hey, everyone. I've been a long time lurker of this thread since last year, and I'd just like to say that all the Geno/Doomguy crossover fan-art is absolutely amazing. They're both my two dream picks I've been clamoring for ever since Ultimate released, and just seeing them interact is just incredible to me.

People are saying how Geno and Doom fans should be happy. Fans of BOTH should be over the moon. I know I am.

Even if the leak does turn out to be fake (which at this point I don't think it is) the fan-art that came from it is just incredible. I saw one with Kirby and the Cacodemon and it was actually kinda cute.

What’s the Best name?
Doom Marine, Doomguy, or Doomslayer?
Personally I think Doomslayer sounds the best but Doomguy could be used if Classic doom got a costume
I think Doom Slayer should be the official name for both OG Doomguy and the Doom Slayer, just for convenience. I kinda like Doomguy, but no way is that name getting into Smash :p
I actually like how Quake 3 handled it. They just called Doomguy "DOOM". It's kinda unoriginal, but it'd be a way of getting around the Guy/Marine/Slayer argument.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So Sabi just posted this on Twitter. While not explicitly confirming she is talking about Smash, let's not be dumb here...

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice This is the second time today Sabi is saying something about this; literally doubling down on whatever is being implied seemingly. Thoughts? Anything we can find out? Is Sabi going to tell us something soon?
I think that means the leak is real with how Sabi is teasing it.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
As for Doom Slayer's reveal trailer, I'll copy and paste my one YouTube comment.

If we are going by the theory that they will continue to use the World of Light setting to introduce new characters, I can imagine Doom Slayer's reveal trailer being a bunch of the characters being surrounded by the corrupted and then all of a sudden the corrupted characters are being punched, kicked and shot away in close ups. Everyone looks up and sees a humanoid figure jumping and stomping down on one of the corrupted. The camera tilts up with shotgun shells falling down and then it tilts up to Doom Slayer aiming his shotgun with the splash screen saying, "Doom Slayer rips and tears through the battlefield".
How about "doom slayer lets it rip"?
I think his tagline would either be:
DOOM SLAYER RIPS AND TEARS!
Or:
DOOM SLAYER TEARS IT UP!

Edit: Fixed a mispelling

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

I swear to god if we hear "At Doom´s Gate" i´m screaming

Shigger

Smash Rookie

I've heard a lot about this Sabi guy, but I'm not actually familiar with him. What exactly has he leaked/hinted at in the past?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I don't think there's a tweet that could give someone more leeway than this.

Firox

Smash Master
I gotta say, I'm really liking the vibes we're getting from this Doomslayer/Geno alliance we've got going on. Like, most fanbases are usually somewhat hostile towards each other because they think they're competition but because of the costume leak, we figure one = the other. It's kind of refreshing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I gotta say, I'm really liking the vibes we're getting from this Doomslayer/Geno alliance we've got going on. Like, most fanbases are usually somewhat hostile towards each other because they think they're competition but because of the costume leak, we figure one = the other. It's kind of refreshing.
It is nice. Enjoy it while the leak stays alive.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Everyone: "Say the line, Fatman!"

I'm not allowed to openly talk about what I know as requested specifically by Sabi...

Everyone: "HOORAY!"

D

Deleted member

Yeah, beyond both Geno and Doomguy getting in, this leak being true will forever link the two together as strange and unlikely partners.
I really like the idea of Geno or Doomguy just interacting with unlikely characters. I like the idea of a softer side of Doomguy we don't usually see. The guy owns a pet bunny, so he would get on really well with some of the Pokemon, I think. Especially Pichu. Something like Snake and Isabelle. It'd be a good reference to Daisy, too. Even in the reboot we see Doomguy fistbumping his own toy.

Seriously, how can you not like this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGjA0O-PsI

And for Geno, during the Seven Squares speculation him and Sephiroth were the two frontrunners, and I'd always imagine a fight between them with One-Winged Angel playing. Geno locks on to him and Sephiroth only just missing the shots from his arm cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom