• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
As for Doom Slayer's reveal trailer, I'll copy and paste my one YouTube comment.

If we are going by the theory that they will continue to use the World of Light setting to introduce new characters, I can imagine Doom Slayer's reveal trailer being a bunch of the characters being surrounded by the corrupted and then all of a sudden the corrupted characters are being punched, kicked and shot away in close ups. Everyone looks up and sees a humanoid figure jumping and stomping down on one of the corrupted. The camera tilts up with shotgun shells falling down and then it tilts up to Doom Slayer aiming his shotgun with the splash screen saying, "Doom Slayer rips and tears through the battlefield".
I could imagine a similar reveal but for Geno. Just imagine our heroes getting beat by the corrupted, then Geno's spirit possesses his doll and the rest happens from there!
I gotta say, I'm really liking the vibes we're getting from this Doomslayer/Geno alliance we've got going on. Like, most fanbases are usually somewhat hostile towards each other because they think they're competition but because of the costume leak, we figure one = the other. It's kind of refreshing.
Same here! I haven't really met any yet but i'm still getting good vibes. LMK if your a supporter of Doom Slayer in smash so I can say hi! :)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, I hope the next reveal isn't at the Game Awards. I don't want to have to sit through the whole thing waiting for a reveal.

If it is there and there only, they'd better have two reveals, one for the post-pass fighter.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Everyone: "Say the line, Fatman!"

I'm not allowed to openly talk about what I know as requested specifically by Sabi...

Everyone: "HOORAY!"
Lord, the idea that we all have a crook cane on hand just to poke you is really funny to me. You are a trooper sir! *Poke poke*

EDIT: In all seriousness, if/when Geno is revealed, you and the others who have waited and battled for so long, deserve rest.

Last edited:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, making them taunt on the same frame is just sort of an observation rather than something proving anything. It's another thing indicating "Real or fake, this person was imitating the Ken leak". Obviously if you could make those hats, you could do all the other stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If the reveal, or reveals are at the Game Awards, I wonder if, and how they are going to show the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes?

D

Deleted member

So Sabi just posted this on Twitter. While not explicitly confirming she is talking about Smash, let's not be dumb here...

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice This is the second time today Sabi is saying something about this; literally doubling down on whatever is being implied seemingly. Thoughts? Anything we can find out? Is Sabi going to tell us something soon?
Man what's even the point of Sabi telling us they have info and then not tell us the info?

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I've no doubt Nintendo will be revealing stuff at the Game Awards like Breath of the Wild 2, but in regards to anything Smash, I'm more or less 50/50...

On one hand, Joker's reveal there was a "last minute" thing and not planned at all. If they didn't plan it the first time, its entirely possible they'll just save anything Smash-related for a Direct, especially if it's only one character.

On the other hand, considering the reaction to Joker's reveal at the Game Awards, maybe Nintendo will be considering having an announcement there? Especially if it's something big like two character reveals at once.

If the reveal, or reveals are at the Game Awards, I wonder if, and how they are going to show the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes?
They won't. Mii costumes have usually been shown off during fighter presentations. If they're playable, the Mallow and Cacodemon costumes will have to wait for when Geno and Doom Slayer get their presentations.

T2by4

Smash Lord

I'm not allowed to openly talk about what I know as requested specifically by Sabi...

I would hope if Geno was deconfirmed that you would rip the bandaid off and just end our misery if it's true he's not coming. So either you genuinely don't know his fate yet or he is coming and you want to keep it a secret. In which case, I hope you do. I don't want Geno to be leaked, but we can never tell if you know if he's coming next or or later which is good. I just want to get off the train and not get my hopes up if you and many other leakers know that Geno is dead as a doornail. Gotta order that funeral plan early.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Telling us you know something literally tells us nothing if you don't say it. If you're under cease and desist, act like it and quit the ambiguous nonsense.
Agreed. Like the saying goes: If you can't say anything, don't say things at all.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Someone pointed this out, it doesn't really prove anything but it's noteworthy. Apparently in the screenshot the three characters are all taunting on the exact same frame.

Like everyone pressed the taunt button on the same frame. PushDustIn's post there is a pastiche of them all stuck together. It's frame 21 of their taunts. So it's a "frame-1 input" for all three, which is kind of hard to do, but you could do it if you really tried to with 3 controllers. Or, again, with mods. The Ken leak does this same thing.
Would we be able to try this with Ivysaur/Pacman/Inkling image and see if they also have an identical situation as having the same animation/frame? It's oddly specific but it might be a pattern if that is the case.

I really like the idea of Geno or Doomguy just interacting with unlikely characters. I like the idea of a softer side of Doomguy we don't usually see. The guy owns a pet bunny, so he would get on really well with some of the Pokemon, I think. Especially Pichu. Something like Snake and Isabelle. It'd be a good reference to Daisy, too. Even in the reboot we see Doomguy fistbumping his own toy.

Seriously, how can you not like this guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGjA0O-PsI

And for Geno, during the Seven Squares speculation him and Sephiroth were the two frontrunners, and I'd always imagine a fight between them with One-Winged Angel playing. Geno locks on to him and Sephiroth only just missing the shots from his arm cannon.
If Doom gets in with Geno, I need him doing the same thing with a Geno Doll

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would hope if Geno was deconfirmed that you would rip the bandaid off and just end our misery if it's true he's not coming. So either you genuinely don't know his fate yet or he is coming and you want to keep it a secret. In which case, I hope you do. I don't want Geno to be leaked, but we can never tell if you know if he's coming next or or later which is good. I just want to get off the train and not get my hopes up if you and many other leakers know that Geno is dead as a doornail. Gotta order that funeral plan early.
Geno's not dead and I'm 100% serious when I say that most people agree that he's more than likely coming before DLC is over. I've been totally upfront about that.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Geno's not dead and I'm 100% serious when I say that most people agree that he's more than likely coming before DLC is over. I've been totally upfront about that.
If he ever does get deconfirmed tho please let us know so we dont have to suffer through the DLC cycle.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Sorry, I know you're asked a lot. I just find it kind of weird that Sabi was to play things low-key and keep info hush when two posts are made about hinting at Game Award reveals.

The Smash fanbase is rabid, Sabi should know what obviously hinting at things consecutively will do.

T2by4

Smash Lord
>before the dlc is over

The dlc pass or all the dlc in general? That's some pretty high confidence if you're reffering to the pass. I genuinely don't think that'll be the case and that it'll be after but I'm more than willing to take your word for it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sorry, I know you're asked a lot. I just find it kind of weird that Sabi was to play things low-key and keep info hush when two posts are made about hinting at Game Award reveals.

The Smash fanbase is rabid, Sabi should know what obviously hinting at things consecutively will do.
We've already scolded them about that... Trust me on that.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Man, I hope the next reveal isn't at the Game Awards. I don't want to have to sit through the whole thing waiting for a reveal.

If it is there and there only, they'd better have two reveals, one for the post-pass fighter.
What are you talking about? Watching the VGAs is great! If there's a colossal **** up, we'll be able to see it completely uncensored!

D

Deleted member

Replay Theory confirmed?
That may debunk the "Oh smaller dev team means they don't have the same man power as the Ken leak ergo it's from outside of Nintendo ergo it's fake" train of thought but it does show that the angle is possible so this goes both ways. It's pretty much a neutral point.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord
We've already scolded them about that... Trust me on that.
I'm curious, it seems right after Terry got released you all seem to got more information RIGHT after. When did you find out about this supposed new exciting information? Because it seems obvious that sabi knows something, but it's like it appeared right after the Terry direct.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What are you talking about? Watching the VGAs is great! If there's a colossal **** up, we'll be able to see it completely uncensored!
Uh, Mike. I never said the VGAs were bad. I just said it'd be boring to watch it all the way through just for a reveal, which can be applied to me, because just Smash Bros stuff is all what I would be keeping an eye out for.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>before the dlc is over

The dlc pass or all the dlc in general? That's some pretty high confidence if you're reffering to the pass. I genuinely don't think that'll be the case and that it'll be after but I'm more than willing to take your word for it.
Let me put it this way: if we're not playing Geno by this time next year, I'll be very surprised.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
So other than the Mallow hat allegedly having wobble physics, is there anything about the Mii hat leak that points to it being true? It feels like everything about it could point in either direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom