• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Anything happen in the past few hours?
Also I just found out I can directly upload images so
4CA4221C-95FE-4887-9851-50982C3CF24A.png

Edit: Credit to whoever on the board made this. Cant remember who though. Probably Mr Mike

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I guess the thumbs up Ken is the leaker's "signature". As for the Miis taunting, I'm not really sure why the leaker does that either, the leaker (if it is the same person) did the same in the Ken leak. Maybe it's to show off how expressive they can be?
The common consensus I've seen is that Ken was included to piggyback off of the original leak but now I'm wondering if it actually is the same employee.

D

Deleted member

The Prospect of Doom Slayer getting in excites me cause it could point towards the leak being real.

But also He'd be a weapons heavy character with his arsenal at his disposal like the shotgun, chain-gun Rocket launcher chainsaw you get the picture.

Anyway looking forward to the future with Doom Marine and Geno hopefully both in the game!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Iiiii, eeeeehhhh... I dunno. As more time goes by and other inside sources are saying no Ryu, at least not yet, I'm willing to believe them before Brew. Brew doesn't have much credibility at all beyond leaking Plant, let's be real. I'd more trust Sabi's old sources (namely the near-flawless NoA source) and VRPlant.

Not saying Ryu wouldn't happen, of course. I think he'll come, but later rather than sooner.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I need you guys to understand something.

Geno is the only character I care about getting into Smash. Others would be cool but he is the only one I care about.

I well up and have to wipe away tears at the thought of him getting in. I get feisty when people discredit his chances. I'll talk up how awesome he is every day of the week. I listen to SMRPG OST and remixes daily. I fell into a bout of depression when I missed my chance to have my email sent to Nintendo and I lost my gourd when I saw we got a response that was clearly more than just an automated message. I hum SMRPG music in my daily life and the tracks I hum are related to how I'm feeling (Here's Some Weapons! when I'm having a melancholy day at work and Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure when I'm having a great day). I can play SMRPG over and over seven different ways to Sunday and still run through again once more. I've had dreams about the character getting into Smash for christ-sake and I could never even ask for a single thing out of Smash ever again should Geno get in. I've been waiting for this for over 14 years in the making.

He is the one and only thing I care about coming to Smash and I would kill for the chance to play him, and I want to let you guys know...

I would hit that button without hesitation.

That's how much Geno means to me, and how much you guys mean to me. Even if I could never play the character, I would hit that button so fast it would be like I was playing Family Feud. I could live my life with simply watching other people play him as long as my action brought him to exist.

I gotchu guys! Also, big-azz post coming up shortly.
>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Geno so much, I had all the merchandise and game
>I pray to Geno every night before bed, thanking him for repairing the Star Road
>"Geno is love" I say; "Geno is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a boomer
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Geno
>I called him a zoomer
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it's really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It's Geno
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear "Come on! Let's get this show on the road."
>He grabs me with his powerful puppet hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I unequip my Lazy Shell for Geno
>He Geno Whirls my body
>It does 9999 damage but I do it for Geno
>I can feel my body aching as I start to pass out
>I hold myself together
>I want to please Geno
>He lets loose a mighty Geno Flash as my body explodes into coins
>My dad walks in
>Geno looks him straight in the eyes and says "Thank you, everyone! The Star Road is back to normal! And..."
>Geno leaves his puppet body and returns to the Star Road
>Geno is love. Geno is life.
Anything happen in the past few hours?
Also I just found out I can directly upload images so
View attachment 245712
Edit: Credit to whoever on the board made this. Cant remember who though. Probably Mr Mike
You know it!
GenoDab.png

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Well, here's an interesting development:

View attachment 245714

Brew thinks the Mii leak is fake but believes Geno and Doom Guy are still safe bets. Still insists that Ryu's still going to be announced this year too.
Interesting, but Brew really needs to establish their credibility more. I’ll keep it in mind. Still sounds good if he’s right though. Im sure most of us are willing to wait a bit longer

Ovaltine

Smash Master
>I was only 9 years old
>I loved Geno so much, I had all the merchandise and game
>I pray to Geno every night before bed, thanking him for repairing the Star Road
>"Geno is love" I say; "Geno is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a boomer
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Geno
>I called him a zoomer
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it's really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It's Geno
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear "Come on! Let's get this show on the road."
>He grabs me with his powerful puppet hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I unequip my Lazy Shell for Geno
>He Geno Whirls my body
>It does 9999 damage but I do it for Geno
>I can feel my body aching as I start to pass out
>I hold myself together
>I want to please Geno
>He lets loose a mighty Geno Flash as my body explodes into coins
>My dad walks in
>Geno looks him straight in the eyes and says "Thank you, everyone! The Star Road is back to normal! And..."
>Geno leaves his puppet body and returns to the Star Road
>Geno is love. Geno is life.

You know it!
View attachment 245715
Your sprite work is already cursed enough

What you put under the spoiler warning just solidifies your status in the Geno thread as a completely and utterly cursed man

You need Simon's Holy Water, my friend

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
fatman pretty much said that Geno was in without outright saying it a few pages ago. It's just a matter of time. Doomguy or could definitely be toned down for smash, and would probably be about the second "cruelest" character on the roster, as we already have all of snake's artillery attacks, the chainsaw sword of corrin, two outright guns in bayo and joker's cases, and that's only considering the "realistic" weaponry. If they wanted to find a way to include him, i'm sure they would. I'm just hoping that we get more than the "square" helping of content with Geno when we do.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
fatman pretty much said that Geno was in without outright saying it a few pages ago. It's just a matter of time. Doomguy or could definitely be toned down for smash, and would probably be about the second "cruelest" character on the roster, as we already have all of snake's artillery attacks, the chainsaw sword of corrin, two outright guns in bayo and joker's cases, and that's only considering the "realistic" weaponry. If they wanted to find a way to include him, i'm sure they would. I'm just hoping that we get more than the "square" helping of content with Geno when we do.
I... no he didn't, lol? He thinks his chances are very good, that's all.

D

Deleted member

Iiiii, eeeeehhhh... I dunno. As more time goes by and other inside sources are saying no Ryu, at least not yet, I'm willing to believe them before Brew. Brew doesn't have much credibility at all beyond leaking Plant, let's be real. I'd more trust Sabi's old sources (namely the near-flawless NoA source) and VRPlant.

Not saying Ryu wouldn't happen, of course. I think he'll come, but later rather than sooner.
Pretty much. I wont rest until we have beyond a shadow of a doubt that Geno is in. Shifty's source is someone we should doubt because last they were seen was PPlant. That was a year ago, so things could change.

Teleferix

Smash Rookie
Just came across this, lol

Oh geez that's me. lol

I guess this is my first post then! I've mostly been lurking these past couple of days with the Cacomallow leak and all, but I'm really gunning for Geno now. I'm cautiously hopeful.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
What Can I Say; I Don't give a Dam about that Demonic Witch. . . I forking Hate her!!!! NO way in HFIL will I play as a Protagonist who stands for everything I'm Morally Against; Witchcraft, Demonic Dabblings, Slaughter of innocent Nuns & Priests, No way Would I Support her, or Play as Her Her Actions, Her Values, and especially not even give any LPs of her Forking games a Watch!! She's the Sole Character I Refuse to play in SSBU, and refuse to use as an opponent, In fact, the Only Spirits from Her franchise I'd even consider using are the Angels, Because I'm the kind of guy who prefers Angels to D3m0ns!!
Well aren't you just a ball of sunshine and fun. :rolleyes:

I can tell you know absolutely nothing about Bayonetta just from this post. Actually playing the games or even watching a video on them would show that everything you just said is wrong, but I doubt you're gonna bother doing that. I still suggest you do so, because trust me, Bayonetta is awesome.

Feel free to do what you will though. Me? I'll just be patiently waiting for some info on Bayonetta 3, as well as hoping to see Jeanne as Bayo's Echo Fighter. ;)

The common consensus I've seen is that Ken was included to piggyback off of the original leak but now I'm wondering if it actually is the same employee.
At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy behind both leaks, and this time upping the ante with some video footage.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Okay had it confirmed for me in PapaGenos' discord that, regarding the timer, someone could have played a Stock match and then edited in a stopped timer in post production.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
page 1680 for reference
Geno's not dead and I'm 100% serious when I say that most people agree that he's more than likely coming before DLC is over. I've been totally upfront about that.
Let me put it this way: if we're not playing Geno by this time next year, I'll be very surprised.
and this is after the meme quote of him saying that he can't explicitly state anything because of sabi

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Okay had it confirmed for me in PapaGenos' discord that, regarding the timer, someone could have played a Stock match and then edited in a stopped timer in post production.
I think that's something that's already being considered. Do stocks show up in replay?

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I think that's something that's already being considered. Do stocks show up in replay?
I believe so.

Okay so I just watched the video again and when Ken KOs Cacodemon Mii his symbol does a little swooshy glow thing. That's supposed to happen in a Timed Match when you KO a dude right? I've never done one before.

Unfortunately the screen is cut off at the bottom so we can't see if there are any Stock icons.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

God, I can't wait to point and laugh at idiots like this.

Also, these hilarious Sora arguments have been just mind-numbingly stupid. People really don't know how to debate.

Example: in one of these tweets, someone was like 'I don't get Geno. Why would you want him?' To which a brave Geno bro says 'Because we want him back in games and he would have a unique moveset.

Response? 'That can apply to any character though.' Wow, great job with that debate there, bud! What a cop-out response.

Oh gee, idk, maybe something to do with the fact that he combines HEAVENLY STAR MAGIC with FINGER BULLET AND ELBOW CANNONS?!

Someone show me where I missed that Samus or Megaman shot specifically out of their fingers or shot muthafreaking stars out of their wrists.

People are pathetic and desperate. And worst is, when Geno makes it, they will all turn and be fake as hell.
Back when I wanted to see King K. Rool in Smash, I remember when people were hating on him when he was requested at the time, and I even remember seeing one comment saying "Nobody wants your fat googly-eyed Bowser in Smash" (LOL, still cracks me up), and ever since he got in, I haven't seen anybody hating on K. Rool since. It seems like whenever a character gets into Smash, nobody will hate on them because they're in and are backed up by the entire Smash community. I'm getting really tired of people hating on other people's characters they want in Smash. You can want Shadow in Smash, Rayman in Smash, Doomguy in Smash, Sora in Smash, or whoever. Just please respect everyone's choices of who they want. You can even want or dream of the blue man group even joining Smash as well, I don't mind and will respect that. By the way, props to that one brave bro who stuck up for Geno.
Also people are doing that whole 'But Samus and Megaman have a gun for an arm AND we have Mii Gunner, so how could Geno bring anything unique?'
That's like saying the same thing to a character who uses fists/melee or swords to fight, literally saying 'But Link/Marth/Cloud/Shulk have swords as a weapon and we already have a Mii Swordfighter, so how could [Whoever] bring anything unique?'

Erdrick/the other Dragon Quest protagonists and Geno are basically in the same position; one being a sword fighter that brings something unique to the table, and the other being a gunner/projectile fighter that also brings something unique to the table. Geno probably has one of the most interesting moves to bring to the table when it comes to being a projectile user; he can literally send rainbows down from the heavens and turn into a cannon that fires an exploding sun, and can even fire his own arms/fists.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

View attachment 245714

Brew thinks the Mii leak is fake but believes Geno and Doom Guy are still safe bets. Still insists that Ryu's still going to be announced this year too.
A Koei Tecmo rep makes a lot of sense. Especially considering their close ties to Nintendo. Ryu Hayabusa is two birds one stone. He represents a classic game from the NES era (Ninja Gaiden) and he also represents one of the bigger fighting game franchises (Dead or Alive). Not to mention he is the poster boy of Tecmo, while Zhao Yun is the poster boy of Koei. Zhao Yun wouldn’t work as he is based on the real life Zhao Yun from the Three Kingdoms period of China (Later Han Dynasty). So Ryu Hayabusa is the most logical choice. The fact that Brew has heard talks of Ryu is not that surprising, considering Koei Tecmo is already listed in Smash Ultimate’s credits and they already have an Assist trophy. And unlike Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo’s mascot is not a spirit. So it does make sense that Ryu Hayabusa will happen soon or in future DLC.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, about those hating on Geno, I bet they will have to eat their own words for saying that. Or some words in general anyway, like "I was dumb" and "Why did I doubt him", especially if Geno gets in. (no offense to Geno haters reading this)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No one be dissing my wife Bayonetta in here :mad088:

Also I just realized that I like Groudon least out of the weather trio. I think this may pose a problem... :drwtf:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
But, at the same time, I'd still rate him at like 75%. It's looking really good but I also don't want to get too ahead of myself. Murphy's Law and all that.
Murphy's law? As in "What can go wrong will go wrong"? Hey, like a certain bobcat said, what could possibly go wrong?

...I am quoting a bad example of a character, am I?

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 245714

I personally doubt ryu is going to be announced this year. Not saying hes not getting in but there is no way he is getting announced in 2019. So all and all I dont believe brew.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
But, at the same time, I'd still rate him at like 75%. It's looking really good but I also don't want to get too ahead of myself. Murphy's Law and all that.
my apologies Fatmanonice, I did not mean to put words in your mouth... this is the first time i've seen his chances get so close in a long time, and I'm jumping the gun. Man I almost wish Geno would leak now...

fun fact, supposedly Murphy of Murphy's law was an optimist, the idea behind it is more of a "The worst case scenario will happen, so if nothing happens, then nothing could go wrong in that case." a bit backwards thinking, but I guess that's the purpose in preparation??

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, Sabi and Verge did say Ryu H. wasn't coming, and maybe that extends to not being the first post-FIghters' pass character too. So I doubt Ryu H. would be revealed soon after Doomguy, especially before Geno at this rate, if you know what I mean.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Okay y'all, I booted up the game to test it myself. I'm sure everyone but me knew this already but whatever.

In a battle with 3 or more characters in any VS. mode (Timed, Stock, and Timed Stock) the character who knocks out an opponent will get a little fiery swoosh effect. So it's totally possible (not that I'd know how) that the guy who leaked Cacomallow pasted a stopped timer on the screen.

D

Deleted member

How come you're confident? It's been a while since I checked this thread so I'm not updated

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Okay y'all, I booted up the game to test it myself. I'm sure everyone but me knew this already but whatever.

In a battle with 3 or more characters in any VS. mode (Timed, Stock, and Timed Stock) the character who knocks out an opponent will get a little fiery swoosh effect. So it's totally possible (not that I'd know how) that the guy who leaked Cacomallow pasted a stopped timer on the screen.
Either I'm not understanding what you mean, or that doesn't make sense, I'm watching the video and all the relevant effects appear to be present.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I believe so.

Okay so I just watched the video again and when Ken KOs Cacodemon Mii his symbol does a little swooshy glow thing. That's supposed to happen in a Timed Match when you KO a dude right? I've never done one before.

Unfortunately the screen is cut off at the bottom so we can't see if there are any Stock icons.
It seems that Ken doesn't have any stocks, unless I forgot how far underneath the fighter's name the stocks were placed, so it seems like it's just a timed match.

The timer could be edited, but it could also be frozen, so we're 50/50 there.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323

That "swooshy glow" thing ALWAYS happens when you KO an opponent, regardless if it's timed, a stock battle or even stamina.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I personally do not think we are getting more then 2 reveals at the game awards. If this was a direct then maybe but no its an event. Its really likely that they are going to save the 5th guy till the end of the show. Kinda like joker. So i doubt if ryu is in he would be announced in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom