• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just on a side note, what do you guys think about the available romhacks for SMRPG? There's few, but they look good. I wanna get the feeling of a "definitive" version, something like this one: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4497/

I've also been looking at SMRPG Plus, it's been updated recently: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3222/

So other than the Mallow hat allegedly having wobble physics, is there anything about the Mii hat leak that points to it being true? It feels like everything about it could point in either direction.
If the camera angle isn't replicable, then that's a solid point. Ken Leak had the same issue, that camera angle is impossible to do in the final game, you'll always get something different.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Just on a side note, what do you guys think about the available romhacks for SMRPG? There's few, but they look good. I wanna get the feeling of a "definitive" version, something like this one: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4497/

I've also been looking at SMRPG Plus, it's been updated recently: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3222/

If the camera angle isn't replicable, then that's a solid point. Ken Leak had the same issue, that camera angle is impossible to do in the final game, you'll always have the same issue.
Can't you angle the camera in Replay? Isn't that what Smash vids on Youtube do?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
So other than the Mallow hat allegedly having wobble physics, is there anything about the Mii hat leak that points to it being true? It feels like everything about it could point in either direction.
I admit I am leaning more towards real, but will not go "all in."

We got one side for the modding scene says "Wow, that's really difficult to pull off and we cannot figure out how to get modded Mii hats due to restrictions x, y and z."
The other side is "Pfft, easy to do/it's doable" .... but there is yet to be even a single, high quality mii hat, regardless if it is a Mallow one.

That's where we are at.

D

Deleted member

Can't you angle the camera in Replay? Isn't that what Smash vids on Youtube do?
Maybe. To be honest, I haven't really tested things for myself. And the Cacodemon hat looks professional, definitely looks like a E10+ version of it.

We got one side for the modding scene says "Wow, that's really difficult to pull off and we cannot figure out how to get modded Mii hats due to restrictions x, y and z."
The other side is "Pfft, easy to do/it's doable" .... but there is yet to be even a single, high quality mii hat, regardless if it is a Mallow one.
Plus the miis are EMOTING. I haven't seen a single Mii hat mod that can pull that off.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If you could press a button and get Geno into smash, but pressing that button meant you could never play as him, would you press the button?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you could press a button and get Geno into smash, but pressing that button meant you could never play as him, would you press the button?
As someone less invested than probably everyone else here, sure. I gotchu guys.

Of course, I'd lord it over everyone forever, but that's a small price to pay for getting your character, innit. I mean I'm already pretty unbearable as it is.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I would.. and it would probably go like this:
The Geno hater army is winning, and they grabbed the button, aiming to destroy it.
The Starfall army does one last push to get it back, but fail, and they are all knocked to the ground.
Gamefaqs smiles, and tries to crush the button so geno NEVER gets in smash.
Suddenly, I come in and try to grab the button from Gamefaqs head on, but fail and get knocked away.
“Geno... is... irrelevant!” Gamefaqs broke the button, but not the right one.
Suddenly, I have the button in my hands, the real one, the one that will open the gate from Star road and free geno.
“And I... am... Plank!”
I push the button

I made this up on the spot sorry if it’s bad
Also I fixed the plot hole

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That said, if someone can prove that this is fake, replicate the hats and get them working in Smash.

With the Miis emoting like they do in the leak.

D

Deleted member

Yes. Even if I could never play him myself I would love to see other competitive players try him out on stream or in tourney like Nairo, Wishes, Etc.

Plus if it means my Geno pals could be happy and play the dude then it's a worthy sacrifice.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno's not dead and I'm 100% serious when I say that most people agree that he's more than likely coming before DLC is over. I've been totally upfront about that.

Hmmm....sounds like code. I think Fatman is hinting at either Geno the puppet or Geno the frozen pizza.

'Geno's Pizza Delivers a Beat-down!'

Nerf tomato, buff cheese.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It would’ve been perfect if you had our profile pics as the other kids but this is great
I had very limited time lmao

Also I didn't wanna leave anyone out so I opted not to put profile pictures. The idea did pop into my head though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, I don't think I can have energy drinks, do to a real life surgery I had. So I'll just settle with lemonade!

BoringName

Smash Rookie
I think I might just do it because I want to see other people happy that he’s in. Plus, there are many other benefits with getting into smash. There’s all the cool fan art and comics people make, you get to see him played competitively, and the character just gets a lot more love and attention in general.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Heck no, why screw myself over when I can just wait a few more months and play him too?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey, everyone. I've been a long time lurker of this thread since last year, and I'd just like to say that all the Geno/Doomguy crossover fan-art is absolutely amazing. They're both my two dream picks I've been clamoring for ever since Ultimate released, and just seeing them interact is just incredible to me.

People are saying how Geno and Doom fans should be happy. Fans of BOTH should be over the moon. I know I am.

Even if the leak does turn out to be fake (which at this point I don't think it is) the fan-art that came from it is just incredible. I saw one with Kirby and the Cacodemon and it was actually kinda cute.
First of all, welcome! Second of all, your avatar is like, one of THE best frames in Nathalie's color key, and it is just so precious. Look at my good boy! He loves his friends!! I love him!! :drflip:

Third... HOOOO BOY. I grew up with DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D. (Imagine tiny, six-year-old little girl Oval smacking at the keyboard to play DOOM. It's great.) I never thought of Doom Marine in Smash, but now that I am, I'd be really jazzed to see it happen. I wouldn't be upset if it didn't, but that sure doesn't stop me from being over the moon with the idea. Him AND Geno, too? I'd never, ever ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
A bit late to the current discussion but,

Well, that pretty much sums it up. With the recent Mii Costume leaks (video + screenshot), the occurrences revolving DOOM during the year; DOOM Slayer's #5 imo.

In regards to the GameXplain video (haven't watched it yet), from what I've gathered on past posts, this is like the "lie" to discourage acknowledging the "truth". Going off from what's been discussed, it's understandable that GameXplain (having some ties, or perhaps being supervised or observed in some way) would try to discourage people from believing the leaks because that would be the best way for Nintendo to deal with said leaks. As Fatmanonice mentioned earlier; if Nintendo were to take action by taking down the leaks from every possible site, and go after the ones responsible for it, that would be the equivalent of them admitting that the Mii Costumes are legit (and consequently soft confirm DOOM Slayer and Geno as upcoming DLC fighters).

D

Deleted member

First of all, welcome! Second of all, your avatar is like, one of THE best frames in Nathalie's color key, and it is just so precious. Look at my good boy! He loves his friends!! I love him!! :drflip:

Third... HOOOO BOY. I grew up with DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D. (Imagine tiny, six-year-old little girl Oval smacking at the keyboard to play DOOM. It's great.) I never thought of Doom Marine in Smash, but now that I am, I'd be really jazzed to see it happen. I wouldn't be upset if it didn't, but that sure doesn't stop me from being over the moon with the idea. Him AND Geno, too? I'd never, ever ask Sakurai for anything ever again.
Thank you! I really like the art, but I'm currently messing around with changing avatars. Seems Smashboards doesn't support avatar gifs, so I can't get the Doomguy/Geno avatars I wanted. Oh well.

I have a similar experience with DOOM. I was more a Halo guy, but when I was younger I would mess around playing a couple of .wads. I even made one of my own in Doombuilder (is that what it's called?) which.. was just a box with a Cyberdemon in it, lol.
One of the first .wads I ever played was NJ_TRAIN.wad. I love that one, it's so well made.

As for Geno, I just loved Rawest Forest when it came out. I remember watching it on either Newgrounds or a YouTube mirror, can't remember which but yeah :p
Obviously I wouldn't be here if I thought Geno wasn't unique. I lurked the Banjo thread for a while too, gradually seeing him become more likely as more people backed him up and the subtle hints here and there from Kirkhope.. then when he was finally revealed, the thread went berserk.
I want that to happen with Geno. After years if not decades of support, he deserves much more than just a Mii costume, no?

D

Deleted member

Why press the button when he's definitely coming to Smash now?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I need you guys to understand something.

Geno is the only character I care about getting into Smash. Others would be cool but he is the only one I care about.

I well up and have to wipe away tears at the thought of him getting in. I get feisty when people discredit his chances. I'll talk up how awesome he is every day of the week. I listen to SMRPG OST and remixes daily. I fell into a bout of depression when I missed my chance to have my email sent to Nintendo and I lost my gourd when I saw we got a response that was clearly more than just an automated message. I hum SMRPG music in my daily life and the tracks I hum are related to how I'm feeling (Here's Some Weapons! when I'm having a melancholy day at work and Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure when I'm having a great day). I can play SMRPG over and over seven different ways to Sunday and still run through again once more. I've had dreams about the character getting into Smash for christ-sake and I could never even ask for a single thing out of Smash ever again should Geno get in. I've been waiting for this for over 14 years in the making.

He is the one and only thing I care about coming to Smash and I would kill for the chance to play him, and I want to let you guys know...

I would hit that button without hesitation.

That's how much Geno means to me, and how much you guys mean to me. Even if I could never play the character, I would hit that button so fast it would be like I was playing Family Feud. I could live my life with simply watching other people play him as long as my action brought him to exist.

I gotchu guys! Also, big-azz post coming up shortly.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Thank you! I really like the art, but I'm currently messing around with changing avatars. Seems Smashboards doesn't support avatar gifs, so I can't get the Doomguy/Geno avatars I wanted. Oh well.

I have a similar experience with DOOM. I was more a Halo guy, but when I was younger I would mess around playing a couple of .wads. I even made one of my own in Doombuilder (is that what it's called?) which.. was just a box with a Cyberdemon in it, lol.
One of the first .wads I ever played was NJ_TRAIN.wad. I love that one, it's so well made.

As for Geno, I just loved Rawest Forest when it came out. I remember watching it on either Newgrounds or a YouTube mirror, can't remember which but yeah :p
Maybe I ought to try my hand at a Geno-related WAD at some point lol. If Doom Marine AND Geno get in, that would be a heck of a way to celebrate. Doom Marine in SMRPG hack, too?! Someone get on that bizz! I don't know how to ROM hack! :drshrug:

Why press the button when he's definitely coming to Smash now?
Again, you are so bold, my dude. I think he's very likely, though... but I keep looking at your signature and sweating. :p

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I think he and Bayonetta would get along, she also slaughtered demons in hell in her sequel.
What do you mean? Like HFIL She did. . . SHE USES THOSE HFILSPAWN FOR HER WICKED BIDDING AND THEY USE HER FOR THEIR SATANIC BIDDING!!! No Way Would someone as GUNG-HO Anti-D3m0n as Doomguy would ever get along with some Shadow Witch who slaughters nuns & priests(I'm talking the ones who AREN'T affliated with Her Chaotic-Entity Corrupted Daddy) and makes deals with D3m0ns!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, you are so bold, my dude. I think he's very likely, though... but I keep looking at your signature and sweating. :p
The only thing I'm worrying about is how long it's going to take before Sakurai reveals him. Lord knows it took a year from the Grinch leak to get to this specific point where now we're getting two ambiguously credible leaks implying him.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
For those who have been diligently following the Cacomallow leak, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Mallow hat jiggles. Probably the weakest link since different people say different things and it apparently only does this during one attack animation instead of constantly like the Slime hat.

2. The angle the screenshot was taken at cannot be replicated in Replay mode. I've been hearing conflicting things and that it was apparently confirmed that the video *was* a replay.

3. The closest anyone has gotten to modding in a full on Mii hat in-game was porting over the Smash For Mallow hat, and that was a glitchy mess. The Miis emoted while wearing the Mallow/Cacodemon hats which is impossible if the hat is ported over as a full helmet, like what Duster did using his Doomslayer helmet.

4. Ken and both Miis did taunts on the same frame, which replicates the visage of the original Ken leak, where everyone did a taunt (side note, maybe the guy who leaked Ken in the first place is the guy who's leaking this now?)

5. The timer (stopped at 2:30 in the video) was confirmed not to be an edit.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
What do you mean? Like HFIL She did. . . SHE USES THOSE HFILSPAWN FOR HER BIDDING AND THEY USE HER FOR THEIR EVIL BIDDING!!! No Way Would someone as GUNGHO Anti-D3m0n as Doomguy would ever get along with some Shadow Witch who slaughters nuns & priests(I'm talking the ones who AREN'T affliated with Her Chaotic-Entity Corrupted Daddy) and makes deals with D3m0ns!!!
... well, you clearly haven't played Bayonetta 2, have you? Otherwise you would know that, yes, she does indeed fight demons because some of them start turning on her. The game's first level even shows her losing control over Gomorrah in a cutscene, leading to a boss fight against it.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
... well, you clearly haven't played Bayonetta 2, have you? Otherwise you would know that, yes, she does indeed fight demons because some of them start turning on her. The game's first level even shows her losing control over Gomorrah in a cutscene, leading to a boss fight against it.
What Can I Say; I Don't give a Dam about that Demonic Witch. . . I forking Hate her!!!! NO way in HFIL will I play as a Protagonist who stands for everything I'm Morally Against; Witchcraft, Demonic Dabblings, Slaughter of innocent Nuns & Priests, No way Would I Support her, nor Her Actions, Her Values, and especially not even give any LPs of her Forking games a Watch!! She's the Sole Character I Refuse to play in SSBU, and refuse to use as an opponent, In fact, the Only Spirits from Her franchise I'd even consider using are the Angels, Because I'm the kind of guy who prefers Angels to Demons!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For those who have been diligently following the Cacomallow leak, please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Mallow hat jiggles. Probably the weakest link since different people say different things and it apparently only does this during one attack animation instead of constantly like the Slime hat.

2. The angle the screenshot was taken at cannot be replicated in Replay mode. I've been hearing conflicting things and that it was apparently confirmed that the video *was* a replay.

3. The closest anyone has gotten to modding in a full on Mii hat in-game was porting over the Smash For Mallow hat, and that was a glitchy mess. The Miis emoted while wearing the Mallow/Cacodemon hats which is impossible if the hat is ported over as a full helmet, like what Duster did using his Doomslayer helmet.

4. Ken and both Miis did taunts on the same frame, which replicates the visage of the original Ken leak, where everyone did a taunt (side note, maybe the guy who leaked Ken in the first place is the guy who's leaking this now?)

5. The timer (stopped at 2:30 in the video) was confirmed not to be an edit.
I guess the thumbs up Ken is the leaker's "signature". As for the Miis taunting, I'm not really sure why the leaker does that either, the leaker (if it is the same person) did the same in the Ken leak. Maybe it's to show off how expressive they can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom