• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No one be dissing my wife Bayonetta in here :mad088:

Also I just realized that I like Groudon least out of the weather trio. I think this may pose a problem... :drwtf:
The best Gen 3 legendary is Jirachi and I will protecc it with my life.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really don’t think Ryu is going to be FP5. It seems the overall consensus is that he’s probably coming but not until later on. Going by the mii costume leak lists and videos I’d still put my money on a Doomguy for 5 followed by Geno. Nothing that’s been said or done in terms of modding has proven the video to be fake. It’s too good to fake according to most people in the mod community and the ones claiming it’s fake for clout are giving pretty weak reasons or proof that just ends up bringing up more characteristics of the leak that make it less likely to have been faked. Realistically Doomguy could be 5 and the fighters for the second wave of DLC could be hinted at overtly or shown off the end of his trailer which would technically still have Ryu revealed in 2019.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I believe so.

Okay so I just watched the video again and when Ken KOs Cacodemon Mii his symbol does a little swooshy glow thing. That's supposed to happen in a Timed Match when you KO a dude right? I've never done one before.

Unfortunately the screen is cut off at the bottom so we can't see if there are any Stock icons.
You can see if there aren't stocks tho, look at the end, 0:06 and on, underneath Ken's icon.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just want to know, if these costumes were not made by some modder, how did the leaker get these costumes before they were even revealed? Any possible explanation?

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
It seems that Ken doesn't have any stocks, unless I forgot how far underneath the fighter's name the stocks were placed, so it seems like it's just a timed match.

The timer could be edited, but it could also be frozen, so we're 50/50 there.
You're correct. Ken doesn't have any stocks, but then there's also the possibility of this being an infinite timed match with the stopped timer pasted on.

D

Deleted member

I just want to know, if these costumes were not made by some modder, how did the leaker get these costumes before they were even revealed? Any possible explanation?
To this day, we still don't know how the Ken leaker got his photo. Doubt we have an actually correct answer for you

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Probably someone who is working on the costumes. Maybe some freelance programmer that got tired of doing this and decided "Ya know, why keep this a secret!?"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's what I find odd about the timer argument: it's also possible to mod it, which we knew already, so it's just another thing on the pile of arguments that keeps the leak being 50/50. I honestly find it strange that, if it's a mod, he wouldn't have just modded the timer, and there's no proof that he actually did edit the timer in post-production. The two videos were about the same length, and the second one didn't even have anything headed towards the timer, so (if real) the leaker likely just cut the videos to keep them short in the time he had.

You're correct. Ken doesn't have any stocks, but then there's also the possibility of this being an infinite timed match with the stopped timer pasted on.
Heh, I forgot that was a thing.

Why the frick is a frozen timer even in debug mode (based on the Ken leak) :ohwell:

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Okay now I might for real be onto something. When Ken KOs Cacodemon Mii he doesn't get a +1 that he'd get in a timer match, and as we've discussed Ken has no stocks. You can't make a match with infinite stocks unlike the endless timer.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Okay now I might for real be onto something. When Ken KOs Cacodemon Mii he doesn't get a +1 that he'd get in a timer match, and as we've discussed Ken has no stocks. You can't make a match with infinite stocks unlike the endless timer.
Does that show up in replay mode?

I've never used it.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Well, here's an interesting development:

View attachment 245714

Brew thinks the Mii leak is fake but believes Geno and Doom Guy are still safe bets. Still insists that Ryu's still going to be announced this year too.
I would personally love Hayabusa to be in smash, I loved him since the nes triology days. He would be a good 5th dlc character since we are getting more. I don’t care if people think he’s Ryu with a ninja suit, that’s my Ryu in a ninja suit! I hope his chance is good

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I would personally love Hayabusa to be in smash, I loved him since the nes triology days. He would be a good 5th dlc character since we are getting more. I don’t care if people think he’s Ryu with a ninja suit, that’s my Ryu in a ninja suit! I hope his chance is good
Not gonna lie, Ryu Hayabusa would be a pretty cool choice

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
If Doom Slayer/Doom Guy gets added, hopefully this track gets added so I can take stocks while battling it out with my favorite characters. :demon:

D

Deleted member

View attachment 245448
Mallow/Smithy leak might've taken a hit. There's a second part of it that PapaGeno's was sent a few days ago that had a Geese costume on it (which we obviously would've received in this presentation). There's a small chance that they're still seperate, though
I'm seeing the costume leaker taking a hit because of this screenshot saying Geese is in. Has it been proved that it was the same person?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I'm seeing the costume leaker taking a hit because of this screenshot saying Geese is in. Has it been proved that it was the same person?
Papa said it can still be real. He says the leaker can get wrong info as well. Thats why he did not reveal the list until he made sure he talked to other people about it. The mallow/smithy one not the snk one.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Why do people say Ken doesn’t have a stock? Towards the end of the video when the “camera” moves down you see the top of his stock. This was shown on the sabi or papa discord, don’t remember which one but it was blown up and shown.

D

Deleted member

Papa said it can still be real. He says the leaker can get wrong info as well. Thats why he did not reveal the list until he made sure he talked to other people about it.
Well if he got info wrong, that means the Mallow/Smithy info can be wrong. That's why I'm asking if this is the same guy who posted the original list. In the image, you see Papa asking if it's the same person, implying a different discord account.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Why do people say Ken doesn’t have a stock? Towards the end of the video when the “camera” moves down you see the top of his stock. This was shown on the sabi or papa discord, don’t remember which one but it was blown up and shown.
I think that's the scenery, but I'm judging pixels at that point.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Oh people who have played Ninja Gaiden, Dead Or Alive or Warriors Orochi know, that Ryu Hayabusa plays nothing like Ryu from Street Fighter and he plays nothing like Sheik and Greninja. Ryu Hayabusa is a walking armory. His weapons consist of scythes, spears, shurikens, spiked bo staffs, claws, bows, kusarigamas, ninjitsu spells, and finally his dragon sword. Any of these weapons can be included in his move set. And of course he would have his Izuna drop where he grabs someone and spins around and slams them into the ground.

Ryu Hayabusa like Terry Bogard is foreign to many Smash fans, especially younger fans. That’s why many think he wouldn’t be interesting, however the truth is he has a lot to offer. And I think once he hopefully appears in Smash, many people will start liking him.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It didn't seem to be visible in the video last page.

I guess that was just how they uploaded it, though, because I can definitely see Ken's stock in PapaGenos's video.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 245448
Mallow/Smithy leak might've taken a hit. There's a second part of it that PapaGeno's was sent a few days ago that had a Geese costume on it (which we obviously would've received in this presentation). There's a small chance that they're still seperate, though
There's a lot to keep track of atm; what has this leaker gotten correct in the past?

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about anyone else, but I still can't replicate that camera angle, even in replay mode. Maybe there's features of replay mode I don't know about? You can make the camera go semi-overhead in one of the Special Smash modes. But in the Yggdrasil stage the highest I can go is just like, slightly higher an angle than default, then you get the yellow on the top of the screen indicating you can't go any further. You can't infinitely zoom out either.

There's nothing weird about anyone's stocks from what I can tell. It's a 3 stock match with 3 humans. The only strange thing is the timer is frozen.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

I guess that was just how they uploaded it, though, because I can definitely see Ken's stock in PapaGenos's video.
I don't, and in the second clip there's no stocks for Ken.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

Just looked back on that, your right. He has 1 stock left (In PapaGenos's Upload)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

The picture has the stocks, but the videos definitely does not have the stock icon. If you look very carefully at Ken's portrait when he gets the kill, the screen lifts up a bit.

EDIT: NVM! I saw Ken's final stock. It is not really noticeable without really looking for it.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
n3on thats the guy who predicted gomoun and Rocket grunt miis before banjos showcase. Also in past pages of this thread there are screenshots for papa genos explaining why he still believes the mallow smithy thing. He got a lot of people to see if they heard the same thing as the list. Thats why he took so long to reveal it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Here is something I think is interesting. Found the Ultimate Social Thread.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's a lot to keep track of atm; what has this leaker gotten correct in the past?
The leaker in question made a list of mii costumes:
  • Goemon
  • Protoman
  • Zero
  • Rocket Grunt
  • Smithy/Mallow
  • Chocobo
They also predicted Luminary would be the main candidate for DQ and BK. He's also predicting Crash as Fighter #5.

This new list then said Geese Howard would be a costume. I however, am unsure if it's the same guy because PapaGenos didn't even recognize the account that sent it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't, and in the second clip there's no stocks for Ken.
The picture has the stocks, but the videos definitely does not have the stock icon. If you look very carefully at Ken's portrait when he gets the kill, the screen lifts up a bit.
In PapaGenos's video over the leak, you can see the top part of Ken's last stock in the clip that has all three of them fighting. In the next clip, however, Ken has already been KO'd.

edit:
ken's stock in mii leak.PNG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here is something I think is interesting. Found the Ultimate Social Thread.
Doesn't mean anything as producers and people working on stuff like that always say that they have a secret project which doesn't mean much. Just look at what happened with the VA of Shantae (IIRC). People blow things out of proportion.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
In PapaGenos's video over the leak, you can see the top part of Ken's last stock in the clip that has all three of them fighting. In the next clip, however, Ken has already been KO'd.
I corrected myself. His tiny little head pops up just enough to notice it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Doesn't mean anything as producers and people working on stuff like that always say that they have a secret project which doesn't mean much. Just look at what happened with the VA of Shantae (IIRC). People blow things out of proportion.
Oh, come on! Don't be pessimistic! So what if this doesn't turn out true? Let people hope and speculate!

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I thought it was established that it was uncertain if the leaker who posted the costume list was the same one who said Crash is coming, or has that changed?

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

edit:
View attachment 245725
In the 2nd clip he shows where Ken is dead, the stock isn't there. He isn't KO'd before hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom