• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I leave for a couple hours after we've devolved into discussing Mallow jiggle physics and come back to a direct announcement and six more pages added! Today is freaking wild!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Wow, I leave for a couple hours after we've devolved into discussing Mallow jiggle physics and come back to a direct announcement and six more pages added! Today is freaking wild!
I know, right? We just broke 1600 pages just last night, now we're almost at 1630!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
We are literally repeating last November. A major leak comes out that's hard to disprove or confirm with people taking sides either as Team Real or Team Fake, Geno potentially suggested and now a very long presentation that people feel is too long to just show off a character and that there must be more to it.

....I can't....not again. Things are lining up just like last year, and that all ended in disappointment (subjective). A big leak was proven wrong, Geno never came and the longer Direct really did just show off Ken, Incineroar and Plant with the rest of the time going to World of Light. Hell, even the characters going in were similar, being a blonde hair red clothing hot blooded character from a major fighting game (people 99% took Ken as a lock, Terry is coming).

I'm actually taken aback how similar these Novembers are going. But is this November the better alternative timeline to last November?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If we don't get reveals on that day (and I'm leaning towards nothing and Terry just having a really long as heck presentation, stowing my hype away for now), then that honestly calls these outfits dropping with Terry into question. I sincerely doubt they'd do that with the Cacodemon hat and nothing else to show for it. Unless Doom Marine is also a costume (which seems a bit farfetched to me, going to Bethesda JUST for two costumes and not a rep), these costumes are likely saved for a later date if both are being tested at the same time.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Aww man :( no new reveals in the terry showcase according to the translation of the JP Youtube Video. Any thoughts Fatman? 45 minutes is so long for just terry

EDIT: sorry i was late, this thread moves fast, saw his response

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I assumed he might have meant that faking something like this would be the act of someone who hates Geno and likes to see Geno fans squirm, which I agree.

In defense of that argument, Geno is the most hated character in speculation right now.
Fair enough

HaloOfTheSun

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I figured after lurking for so long and with all the stuff going on right now, I might as well join the battle, too. I've wanted Geno ever since Melee so I'm incredibly excited and hopeful that this is finally our moment!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hello all. I figured after lurking for so long and with all the stuff going on right now, I might as well join the battle, too. I've wanted Geno ever since Melee so I'm incredibly excited and hopeful that this is finally our moment!
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
And to think people try to tell us that no one has ever wanted Geno since Melee. :p Welcome aboard, you and all the other folk gathering!

Griselda

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone. I've been watching this thread for some time, now, almost since the beginning of the year, I think - and I've been a Geno supporter since I was very young. But I felt that now more than ever would be a good time to actually join up and get in here with all of you. It's certainly an exciting time for Smash even if we don't get Geno or Doom content with Terry.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I call BS on the video translation claiming there won't be any fighters beyond Terry. Even the last Direct prior to the release of Ultimate didn't have that much padding, and they focused a great deal on the Spirits!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, everyone. I've been watching this thread for some time, now, almost since the beginning of the year, I think - and I've been a Geno supporter since I was very young. But I felt that now more than ever would be a good time to actually join up and get in here with all of you. It's certainly an exciting time for Smash even if we don't get Geno or Doom content with Terry.
Welcome aboard!

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hmm, if they're not to include character announcements on Wednesday, what else could fill those 45 minutes? Sigran101 Sigran101 's idea that Terry would come with other characters from the KoF universe would certainly answer that, but I do have to question why they wouldn't have advertised that in his reveal trailer since, you know, it'd be kind of an important thing about him. On top of that, it just seems a bit excessive to me. Hero having so much crazy **** in his Down B was already pushing it, but developing 3 completely different characters and charging the same price for just one too? Not putting much stock in that.

I won't discard the possibility either, but what else could be there to show? New modes (even though Sakurai stated Home Run Contest was "pretty much the final new mode"? New, free to download DLC stages like Miiverse or Mario Maker back in Smash 4? A tsunami of Mii Costumes? I think we could spitball this subject this a lil more here

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Guys there has to be more than just terry, I just can’t fathom having 45 minutes dedicated to just one character’s moveset, even if he has the team mechanic and is the most complicated smash character in history.

45 minutes is too long for just a single character demonstration.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I highly doubt Terry is that complicated of a character. And I doubt any new game mode is going to require that long to talk about. But whatever I guess. Game Awards it is.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Maybe they just read off of the Japanese translation, maybe it could still be a mistranslation. Or maybe that is just me hoping.
I sincerely doubt that lol

With that said, though, I do wonder why the presentation is so hecking large.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Welcome y'all!! Always super happy to see more supporters coming. Please enjoy your stay! :)

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
ok so from what I understand the no announcements thing was a post on the Nintendo vs page, yeah that's even more suspicious why bother doing that now when none of the others had it's own post to disclaim that and when were also in such coincidental circumstances right now?

Last edited:

HaloOfTheSun

Smash Rookie
And to think people try to tell us that no one has ever wanted Geno since Melee. :p
Isn't it crazy? This is only anecdotal, but at that time most of my friends and I wanted Geno in Smash. He was a more popular character than people will try to claim these days. People talk about how Final Fantasy 7 introduced people to RPGs, but for a lot of my friends, it was SMRPG. So it may have only been my social circle, but Geno was definitely wanted in Smash to some extent way back then.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Me if Doom Slayer and Geno get added:
00E2C28D-EEBE-4E6D-8A49-0067C2731596.jpeg

Frogger if he makes it in, if the leak is to be believed:
114FC76B-7E46-45AD-B255-528FC5FF3D98.jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, the fact they're claiming no new fighters seems more like a damage control attempt. I seriously doubt the update could be that big, even with that leaked new mode from a while back which is basically Squad Strike with online functionality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, maybe they were wrong, and the video is NOT 45 minutes long, but shorter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom