• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It could be the team mechanic that some have theorized about. In KoF you pick three characters and play a different one each stock. Mai and Athena were suspiciously absent from the trailer. That could get 45 minutes with no new fighters.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Actually, the presentation will just be Sakurai staring at the camera for 45 minutes
More like 30. At around 30:33 he's going to crawl through your screen like that chick from the ring, grab you by the collar and scream, "Stop spamming me about Frogger! It's Geno, OK??!!"

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It's crazy just thinking this long road to get Geno in Smash might actually come to an end soon. I've been wanting him in Smash since before Brawl came out in 2006, and now 13 years later we're anticipating something truly substantial with all these people talking about Geno behind closed doors, mii costumes, video footage and all that jazz. Here's hoping we get some closure here soon.

Also, I just wanted to share this beautiful piece I found. Imagine a new Smash character trailer opening with this music? Manly tears would be shed.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
hero with all his history, 4 characters and like 12 specials, online mode, and new costumes? 20 minutes

terry with some costumes and a lesson in fighting game inputs? 45 minutes

no freaking way

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
It could be the team mechanic that some have theorized about. In KoF you pick three characters and play a different one each stock. Mai and Athena were suspiciously absent from the trailer. That could get 45 minutes with no new fighters.
I don't see why they wouldn't show that off in the trailer though? That seems like something extremely exciting to not put in the reveal trailer

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, Sakurai is known for trolling, so he may be trolling us by saying that a 45 minute video he hosts is all about Terry when there's more to it.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's damage control. Is it just a coincidence that we got an announcement the day of the video leak? Maybe, but with all the traction this leak has gotten, Nintendo has to know about it and they must be panicking. They don't want to take down videos because it will draw more attention. I'm feeling very rabid, but omg this might actually be real.

Firox

Smash Master
The other thing that makes it suspicious is the fact that no release video in the history of smash has bothered to explicitly say, "We're not showing any other fighters." Usually if they're going to stiff us, they just leave us hanging with the black screen of death and some trademarks. It's GOT to be either a mistranslation or a misinterpretation of their words.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
With the mention of Frogger and Geno being DLC per the strange text leak that managed to guess the 6th for Terry, me and someone else were talking on the side, and I just want to point out that if that part actually ends up being correct, the thought of Geno walking through the door with an actual Frog is very funny to me, considering Mallow's origin story.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So one thing I would like to add is what was up with all that "we have vr plant now we know all directs several days in advance" jargon I kept hearing? Guess that didn't pan out well for them.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"This video will not talk about any unannounced fighters".

OH PLEASE. You think after the one "Fighter" tease we got for E3, we'd know better.

This is clearly misdirect

Kuma_

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5777-1349-3296
Frogger is not in smash
a unholy creature like him cannot be contained in the confines of a switch cartridge,not even Sakurai can do it

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
It's damage control. Is it just a coincidence that we got an announcement the day of the video leak? Maybe, but with all the traction this leak has gotten, Nintendo has to know about it and they must be panicking. They don't want to take down videos because it will draw more attention. I'm feeling very rabid, but omg this might actually be real.
Or a worst case scenario, they put that in there because of the leaks so people can keep their expectations in check. Don't believe this, but just a thought
They didn't have any gameplay at all. Maybe that's why.
Maybe, but having 3 characters would mean having a bunch of animations for each, I don't see how that would work given the time frame

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You must be new to this if you expect the longest smash presentation ever to solely focus one of the least popular DLC additions
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I feel like it's something lost in translation like Terry's going to be the only character that gets a full blown showcase, not that Terry's going to be the only character shown period. It's almost bigger than Banjo and Hero's presentations combined, that's a whole lot of stalling for time if it's just Terry.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
This is very different from the E3 thing. That was just something people inferred. This straight up says it's just Terry.

Firox

Smash Master
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I feel like it's something lost in translation like Terry's going to be the only character that gets a full blown showcase, not that Terry's going to be the only character shown period. It's almost bigger than Banjo and Hero's presentations combined, that's a whole lot of stalling for time if it's just Terry.
My only other theory for the 45 minutes would be to unveil "Fighter's pass #2", though I'm not sure why that would take 10-15 minutes to explain.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The reason Terry's trailer is going to be so long is because Sakurai has to go through every SNK spirit that comes along with him and say
"This is a sad soul"
"This is an even sadder soul"
"Sad soul again"
"This one is slightly happier but still a sad soul"

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
It's not a misinterpretation. Check the official English video, y'all. It states no info on unrevealed fighters there, too.
Terry has to be the most complex character in all of smash history then. 45 minutes. Thats nearly double of Hero's.

Anyways, if we don't get anything during this direct, then it'll be at the Game awards. That's the only way I see it.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
This is crazy, just yesterday we moved a couple pages and hit 1600. Now, we're getting close to creating 30 pages just today

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
so where is this english video that has the no other characters text in it? can't find it anywhere can someone drop a link?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I assumed he might have meant that faking something like this would be the act of someone who hates Geno and likes to see Geno fans squirm, which I agree.

In defense of that argument, Geno is the most hated character in speculation right now.
It's possible that they might make Doomguy's fans squirm as well. I feel like if they were Geno haters, they'd probably only make it involving a fake playable Geno, or would only make it a photoshopped Geno costume to put some of Geno's fans down and make it believe that Geno has been disconfirmed as a playable character. After seeing the video, they would be indirectly doing it because all we see is a Cacodemon and Mallow Mii costume. No Doomguy or Geno in sight, nor do we know if Doomguy or Geno are Mii costumes. I'm hoping the costumes ARE real, and I'm hoping that Doomguy and Geno are playable characters (being part of the DLC).

If Doomguy is the 5th and Geno is also confirmed as a DLC character, I don't think Geno would be part of the fighters pass (as in being a bonus character for the fighters pass), but would possibly be the next starter in the new DLC lineup; what I mean by this is Doomguy is the 5th character, also the ending of the fighters pass. For me, that means Geno won't be instant with the fighters pass, I believe he'll be on his own (so far until new DLC comes) like Piranha Plant is with being solo/not being a part of the fighters pass. It's possible there's a 2nd fighters pass, and if there is, I see Geno being the first of the 2nd fighters pass.

Other than that, if this is fake, props to the person that made it because that Mallow Mii costume looks legit and nicely made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom