• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
So Vergeben is saying Ryu Hayabusa is definetely not character #5.

Geno still alive
Vergeben isn't the first person to say Ryu isn't #5 (the first is of course is Sabi's big source who told him about Terry) but would you mind sharing us his post where he said it?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Guess it's shaping up that Ryu Hayabusa isn't Fighter #5? I was really banking on him being that (even if he isn't considered a huge final pick for the pass. Smash doesn't always always go out with a bang), but with PapaGenos, Sabi, and now Vergeben saying no to this... I guess I'll have to rethink my Fighter #5 prediction.

It sounds like he may come down the line though. Same with Crash. ...with Ryu Hayabusa and Crash possibly out for the time being, I honestly have no idea who Fighter #5 will be though. However, I do think it is odd that Geno hasn't been directly shot down as being Fighter #5 despite him being rumored to be DLC in general a lot. However, I gotta agree with Ms. Positive Vibes Ovaltine Ovaltine (not sarcasm btw) that I really don't think Geno will be Fighter #5, but rather post-pass DLC. Sorry, @Serenade01

However, I suppose since likely candidates like Ryu Hayabusa and Crash have been shot down seemingly, and Geno hasn't directly been deconfirmed to be the final pass fighter, my boy Serenade COULD be onto something. I doubt it, but perhaps... (I will give you major props for always being confident in Geno being Fighter #5.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess it's shaping up that Ryu Hayabusa isn't Fighter #5? I was really banking on him being that (even if he isn't considered a huge final pick for the pass. Smash doesn't always always go out with a bang), but with PapaGenos, Sabi, and now Vergeben saying no to this... I guess I'll have to rethink my Fighter #5 prediction.
The only thing "for sure" in Smash speculation is that vergeben will sooner or later show up riding the coattails of Sabi or some other person with more legitimate ties to insiders.

It sounds like he may come down the line though. Same with Crash. ...I honestly have no idea who it'll be though. However, I do think it is odd that Geno hasn't been directly shot down as being Fighter #5 despite him being rumored to be DLC in general a lot. However, I gotta agree with Ovaltine Ovaltine that I really don't think Geno will be Fighter #5, but rather post-pass DLC. Sorry, @Serenade01

However, I suppose since likely candidates like Ryu Hayabusa and Crash have been shot down seemingly, my boy Serenade COULD be onto something. I doubt it, but perhaps... (I will give you major props for always being confident in Geno being Fighter #5.)
"Confident" probably isn't the word for it, since my confidence in anything regarding Geno is never really high. I just enjoy the thought that with one character, almost every fan rule about this pass (depending on who you are, DLC in general) would be blown away. Hey, if I called it, I'll be just as thrilled as everyone else.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
"Confident" probably isn't the word for it, since my confidence in anything regarding Geno is never really high. I just enjoy the thought that with one character, almost every fan rule about this pass (depending on who you are, DLC in general) would be blown away. Hey, if I called it, I'll be just as thrilled as everyone else.
Okay, gotcha. So what you're saying is...

that you're an insider and you're saying Geno is 100% confirmed?

Time to party Geno fans!

D

Deleted member

Okay, gotcha. So what you're saying is...

that you're an insider and you're saying Geno is 100% confirmed?

Time to party Geno fans!
if Geno turns out to be Character Pack 5 then... Yeah, I was an insider all along and I expect my word to be gospel among Smash speculators.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
if Geno turns out to be Character Pack 5 then... Yeah, I was an insider all along and I expect my word to be gospel among Smash speculators.
Nah, you've actually been the western incarnation of Sakurai all along (aka Sakurai's Alolan Form... or I guess American From in this case).

Do me a favor and put Bandana Dee in.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Guys, I'm going to make a prediction on #5. I'm going to say three characters that may it. Interested to see what you guys think.

Geno- little bits keep bubbling to the surface and I'm confident he'll be here sooner than later. Not guaranteed for #5, probably the least likely for this but I still think he has a chance to end of the Pass as a big fan favorite.
Rayman- I think Rayman has that level of oddity from the left field to be surprising yet understandable. Ubisoft has been playing ball with Nintendo quite a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if that causes him to join the roster.
Kratos- I feel like this would have a major surprise factor to it for many people and could be viable, though you'd have to wonder if they'd go with classic or new Kratos...

I actually disregarded the Doom Slayer because there's too many large signs pointing towards him. It feels like he should be the answer but he most likely won't be, simply because the last time the signs pointed to a character, well... you get the idea.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if the grinch leak was actually real...

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I'm going to make a prediction on #5. I'm going to say three characters that may it. Interested to see what you guys think.

Geno- little bits keep bubbling to the surface and I'm confident he'll be here sooner than later. Not guaranteed for #5, probably the least likely for this but I still think he has a chance to end of the Pass as a big fan favorite.
Rayman- I think Rayman has that level of oddity from the left field to be surprising yet understandable. Ubisoft has been playing ball with Nintendo quite a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if that causes him to join the roster.
Kratos- I feel like this would have a major surprise factor to it for many people and could be viable, though you'd have to wonder if they'd go with classic or new Kratos...

I actually disregarded the Doom Slayer because there's too many large signs pointing towards him. It feels like he should be the answer but he most likely won't be, simply because the last time the signs pointed to a character, well... you get the idea.
Geno & Rayman are already Spirits so they're not going to be the Fifth DLC Fighter.

Kratos is never going to happen, not even for the surprise factor since Sakurai says he doesn't care about that or see how fans react to that. We're not going to get a pure Sony rep like Kratos.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
We're not getting Geno. He's not going to be the fifth DLC fighter and if the next wave of DLC was decided long ago before the game release then Geno's chances aren't looking good.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Yay, more hate comments towards Piranha Plant for the billionth time.

Now all we need are some Corrin and Bayonetta haters and the trifecta of crap will be complete!

(Yes, you can be disappointed with characters and I get that. But people don't need to incessantly beat already dead horses.)

D

Deleted member

Now all we need are some Corrin and Bayonetta haters and the trifecta of crap will be complete!

(Yes, you can be disappointed with characters and I get that. But people don't need to incessantly beat already dead horses.)
Can you believe they put tremendous shill Corrin into the game and were so lazy they didn't even give him shoes? I'm so mad that I will absolutely never recover. Fates wasn't even good! Fire Emblem isn't even good! Advance Wars died for this?!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Yeah, no one is allowed to dislike something here. Keep all negative opinions to yourself because you need to love EVERY character that is in Smash Bros. Praise be to Piranha Plant, thou shall not insult thy glory.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Can you believe they put tremendous shill Corrin into the game and were so lazy they didn't even give him shoes? I'm so mad that I will absolutely never recover. Fates wasn't even good! Fire Emblem isn't even good! Advance Wars died for this?!
There it is. Sad thing is, there are legitimately people like that out there (some may lie in this chat...).

As an aside, yeah, Corrin isn't may favorite either, but it is kinda hard to be that disappointed when we have over 80 characters and growing.

Heoj

Smash Ace
How many people here play piranha plant at all, at least for me I haven't touched PP in months.
(I don't hate PP I was just extremely underwhelmed about him)

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Yeah, no one is allowed to dislike something here. Keep all negative opinions to yourself because you need to love EVERY character that is in Smash Bros. Praise be to Piranha Plant, thou shall not insult thy glory.
"...you can be disappointed with characters..."

"...you can criticize Sakurai..."

I've said these comments many times, even in the quote of mine you just quoted.

You have a real knack for ignoring evidence, arguments, and comments that fit your echo chamber pov! Make you sure you actually read someone's response properly before responding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I rather have other characters than Plant, but I like him for being a completely unexpected pick and his creative move set.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
How many people here play piranha plant at all, at least for me I haven't touched PP in months.
(I don't hate PP I was just extremely underwhelmed about him)
I don't play PP, but I have a friend that does and plays very well with PP.

D

Deleted member

One year.

Never forget.
To be honest I don't think I've completely gotten over this leak it seemed so real with the sheer abundance of coincidences going for it and the story behind it making it seem so real yet it obviously wasn't. Each and every character would've been interesting to see and it was the most fun I've had within the Smash hype cycle with how crazy it got even if the fallout wasn't fun at all.

I miss those days and I had so much fun but it was never meant to be and in hindsight it's completely crazy I thought we'd get 7 characters in one direct. Still one of the best possible rosters and I'm shocked we didn't end up getting Shadow even if this leak was fake which it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom