• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
"...you can be disappointed with characters..."

"...you can criticize Sakurai..."

I've said these comments many times, even in the quote of mine you just quoted.

You have a real knack for ignoring evidence, arguments, and comments that fit your echo chamber pov! Make you sure you actually read someone's response properly before responding.
And yet any time someone says something bad about Piranha Plant you come in and tell us that we should stop complaining since we're beating a dead horse.

D

Deleted member

And yet any time someone says something bad about Piranha Plant you come in and tell us that we should stop complaining since we're beating a dead horse.
To be fair, my dude, when you can't go 3 pages in a 1550 page thread without seeing some form of pissing about Piranha Plant, it is definitely a dead horse well on his way to becoming ground meat.

It's not like if someone keeps complaining about Plant, Sakurai's gonna come here himself and say "yeah, my bad, I should have put in Geno, let me fix that".

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Any point you make is out the window now that I know you hastily post "rebuttals" and don't properly read responses and ignore arguments.

That point I made about likes before you, of course, misconstrued to fit your argument. My point was that over 20 people now seem to agree with me that your behavior is worth calling out, meanwhile no one really seems to like your comments.

I know you'll continue to revel in your own self-pity and ignore logical points.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
To be fair, my dude, when you can't go 3 pages in a 1550 page thread without seeing some form of pissing about Piranha Plant, it is definitely a dead horse well on his way to becoming ground meat.

It's not like if someone keeps complaining about Plant, Sakurai's gonna come here himself and say "yeah, my bad, I should have put in Geno, let me fix that".
Thanks for actually being logical and understanding my points (also properly reading things). As I SAID ABOVE, you can be disappointed and I understand that completely!

It is the constant beating of the dead horse that I'm sick of.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Any point you make is out the window now that I know you hastily post "rebuttals" and don't properly read responses and ignore arguments.

That point I made about likes before you, of course, misconstrued to fit your argument. My point was that over 20 people now seem to agree with me that your behavior is worth calling out, meanwhile no one really seems to like your comments.

I know you'll continue to revel in your own self-pity and ignore logical points.
Holy crap, are you still using Likes as a way to say you're right? That's pretty pathetic.

But you are coming up and say "you're allowed to not like it, but don't talk about." You get upset that someone talk bad about Piranha Plant and call people out on that. That's not allowing people to feel disappointed, that's just you saying you don't want people to actually express themselves here because you had enough of it.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, are you still using Likes as a way to say you're right? That's pretty pathetic.

But you are coming up and say "you're allowed to not like it, but don't talk about." You get upset that someone talk bad about Piranha Plant and call people out on that. That's not allowing people to feel disappointed, that's just you saying you don't want people to actually express themselves here because you had enough of it.

To be fair when you say the same thing over and over about how Sakurai hates us and how he thinks AT are garbage it gets pretty old. Like it’s quite literally the same argument over and over again.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
There is a difference between being disappointing and complaining nonstop about something. It's ok to dislike some characters, I dislike Isabelle and Bayo myself, but constantly complaining and acting as if their inclusion is terrible and they never should have been added is another issue.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If the Mii Costume Leak is 100% real, I’m willing to bet the next fighter is Geno. I can’t see it being anyone other than Geno unless he’s a costume too, or the leaker got info that’s for after the pass and mixed it with the mii costumes that came with Banjo.

D

Deleted member

If the Mii Costume Leak is 100% real, I’m willing to bet the next fighter is Geno. I can’t see it being anyone other than Geno unless he’s a costume too, or the leaker got info that’s for after the pass and mixed it with the mii costumes that came with Banjo.
I appreciate that this post is about Geno and his chances.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I see the sexual tension in here is as wild as ever. It's like one of mom's soap operas.

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
The 39 guests are smash's development team laughing at our collective anxiety because they all know Geno is coming and we're all worried and oblivious.:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's been my feeling too. If the SMRPG costumes part of that leak is real, then I'm thinking Geno is either #5 or, perhaps more likely, one of the headliners for wave 2.

D

Deleted member

The 39 guests are smash's development team laughing at our collective anxiety because they all know Geno is coming and we're all worried and oblivious.:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
they're actually trying to figure out who I am since I called Geno the 5th character back before Terry was revealed.

The anxiety is on them.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
To be fair when you say the same thing over and over about how Sakurai hates us and how he thinks AT are garbage it gets pretty old. Like it’s quite literally the same argument over and over again.
I never said Sakurai hated us, I say that Sakurai probably hated that Fighter Ballot seeing how we only got Ridley, Simon, K Rool, and Banjo while majority of the other fan requested characters from that ballot got turned into Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. Considering that only 25% of newcomers where chosen based on fan request is kind of telling.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I've got this feeling in my gut that we're going to be due for something particularly soon. Maybe within the next week or so. This buzzing hive of activity and speculation ramping up in the past few days has got me wondering about what may be coming up soon.

I'll also say 'Don't quote me on this', but... I wager we got about 7-10 days before something happens. That's my inner Toto talking. :ultduckhunt:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Papagenos got the mii costume thing in july i think and the same guy said crash is in, however papagenos believes the mii costumes and crash are from 2 different sources.

I often hear ppl outside the geno support thread mentioning how the mii costume leaker is known for making fake leaks and ****posting but they never provide evidence like screenshots.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Checking out the DLC section of the SSBU official site, and seeing Joker through Terry, and lastly the still yet unannounced 5th DLC fighter, it got me thinking. Excluding Piranha Plant, the background color I see missing among the four characters already revealed/released is Green. Sure, there's color theory with it having the color orange missing, but putting that theory aside, I strongly feel that the missing background color in the current Fighters Pass is green. I remember last week or so, someone had inspected the Fighters section of the official SSBU site, and by removing the question space of the yet-to-be-revealed 5th DLC fighter, the background color was green (a green similar to Piranha Plant's). Sure it may be a placeholder color, but I thought, "what third party characters could go with a green-ish background?" Considering the leaks and information we've known up until now, I started checking off the following:

The following is just my opinion; please do not take it seriously, etc., etc. I'm only saying here, ok?

- Not Ryu Hayabusa due to leaker sources saying not to expect him as DLC #5, in addition his background color would be more either an azure, or black color (imo).
- Not DOOM Slayer because his background color would be orange (like most of the DOOM box arts).
- Not Lara Croft because we already have a Square Enix rep in the Pass (though two reps of a same third-party could still be a possibility), and her background color would most likely be either light orange, or sand color (like her early game title font colors).
- Not Lloyd Irving because his background color would most likely be a sky blue (or similar blue to Terry's) to contrast with his outfit, and in reference to the Tales of Symphonia box art (background color).
- Not Heihachi Mishima since his background color would be more of an intense/red-ish orange (like the series kanji logo).
- Not Crash Bandi... actually... not sure since some of the box arts have had a good amount of green, but the most consistent colors I've seen around him are yellow and orange (color of his game titles), and blue (to contrast somewhat with his fur color).
- A Resident Evil character neither since colors prominent on their box arts quite varied (although, Cris Redfield's uniform, and Leon Kennedy's shirt due come close to a similar hue of green so... either could be the one).
- Not Dante since his background color indubitably would have to be red (his coat is red, the early game titles are red), or to contrast with his own prominent color, background could be blue.
- Not Geno (this is hard to say) since his background color would be either yellow, or blue to match either of his colors, and also he's yet another Square Enix rep.

This just to give an idea in regards to characters that have been speculated the most for the 5th spot in the Pass. I decided to check then images of Rayman box arts and... bingo. Rayman 2, Rayman Origins, and Rayman Legends; all three have box arts in which the most prominent color is a hue of green similar to the one currently present behind the 5th DLC fighter's question mark (if removing it via inspect element). Sure, Rayman is a Spirit, but again, the fact he's a spirit in the base game doesn't not rule him out as a possible newcomer (yet). As another well known platform game character, he just fits into the roster. Quite some time ago, I thought that the fact that they added the Sukapon assist trophy (which imo is the most random of them all) perhaps was made to test out a possible base model for Rayman (since Sukapon is also a limbless character). Heck, in the Rayman Spirit battle, they added Sukapon to reference him.

Dunno, maybe I'm over-thinking things but, Rayman can't be left as a simple spirit. Maybe not DLC #5 but, he's gotta make it in.

D

Deleted member

Papagenos got the mii costume thing in july i think and the same guy said crash is in, however papagenos believes the mii costumes and crash are from 2 different sources.

I often hear ppl outside the geno support thread mentioning how the mii costume leaker is known for making fake leaks and ****posting but they never provide evidence like screenshots.
One of Sabi's discord server mods was saying how that guy got banned for his trolling and funposting so I'm willing to believe it. I'd love to know what he's gotten right in the past and the exact circumstances he's gotten it right, though, as Papagenos seems to trust him.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I like how this thread is currently the largest and most active of any character support thread:drflip:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I never said Sakurai hated us, I say that Sakurai probably hated that Fighter Ballot seeing how we only got Ridley, Simon, K Rool, and Banjo while majority of the other fan requested characters from that ballot got turned into Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes. Considering that only 25% of newcomers where chosen based on fan request is kind of telling.
The Castlevania characters were also from the ballot, so was the cut veterans from previous games. "Everyone is here" was because of the ballot. Safe to say a good chunk of Ultimate's roster was due to the ballot. And in fairness, we have no clue what the actual results are. There is polling, but polling results haven't been entirely consistent. Polling doesn't even take into account the more casual fans. Castlevania for example was picked from the ballot, but no where in any poll have I've seen before hand that Simon consistently ranked in the top 5

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Checking out the DLC section of the SSBU official site, and seeing Joker through Terry, and lastly the still yet unannounced 5th DLC fighter, it got me thinking. Excluding Piranha Plant, the background color I see missing among the four characters already revealed/released is Green. Sure, there's color theory with it having the color orange missing, but putting that theory aside, I strongly feel that the missing background color in the current Fighters Pass is green. I remember last week or so, someone had inspected the Fighters section of the official SSBU site, and by removing the question space of the yet-to-be-revealed 5th DLC fighter, the background color was green (a green similar to Piranha Plant's). Sure it may be a placeholder color, but I thought, "what third party characters could go with a green-ish background?" Considering the leaks and information we've known up until now, I started checking off the following:

The following is just my opinion; please do not take it seriously, etc., etc. I'm only saying here, ok?

- Not Ryu Hayabusa due to leaker sources saying not to expect him as DLC #5, in addition his background color would be more either an azure, or black color (imo).
- Not DOOM Slayer because his background color would be orange (like most of the DOOM box arts).
- Not Lara Croft because we already have a Square Enix rep in the Pass (though two reps of a same third-party could still be a possibility), and her background color would most likely be either light orange, or sand color (like her early game title font colors).
- Not Lloyd Irving because his background color would most likely be a sky blue (or similar blue to Terry's) to contrast with his outfit, and in reference to the Tales of Symphonia box art (background color).
- Not Heihachi Mishima since his background color would be more of an intense/red-ish orange (like the series kanji logo).
- Not Crash Bandi... actually... not sure since some of the box arts have had a good amount of green, but the most consistent colors I've seen around him are yellow and orange (color of his game titles), and blue (to contrast somewhat with his fur color).
- A Resident Evil character neither since colors prominent on their box arts quite varied (although, Cris Redfield's uniform, and Leon Kennedy's shirt due come close to a similar hue of green so... either could be the one).
- Not Dante since his background color indubitably would have to be red (his coat is red, the early game titles are red), or to contrast with his own prominent color, background could be blue.
- Not Geno (this is hard to say) since his background color would be either yellow, or blue to match either of his colors, and also he's yet another Square Enix rep.

This just to give an idea in regards to characters that have been speculated the most for the 5th spot in the Pass. I decided to check then images of Rayman box arts and... bingo. Rayman 2, Rayman Origins, and Rayman Legends; all three have box arts in which the most prominent color is a hue of green similar to the one currently present behind the 5th DLC fighter's question mark (if removing it via inspect element). Sure, Rayman is a Spirit, but again, the fact he's a spirit in the base game doesn't not rule him out as a possible newcomer (yet). As another well known platform game character, he just fits into the roster. Quite some time ago, I thought that the fact that they added the Sukapon assist trophy (which imo is the most random of them all) perhaps was made to test out a possible base model for Rayman (since Sukapon is also a limbless character). Heck, in the Rayman Spirit battle, they added Sukapon to reference him.

Dunno, maybe I'm over-thinking things but, Rayman can't be left as a simple spirit. Maybe not DLC #5 but, he's gotta make it in.
Eh if it's anything it's Orange. Piranha Plant already occupied the green spot and then they may start using colours that are variants of already existing ones

Nicnac

Smash Ace
we only got Ridley, Simon, K Rool, and Banjo
Three of the biggest smash reveals of all time, characters viewed as impossible, Ridley and Banjo closing out the biggest gaming conference on the planet, is an "only" to you. Cloud ****ing Strife, who was chosen because of a FF presence in the ballot, is an "only" to you. Bayonetta was probably rigged, but she's still cool in my books. Simon Belmont returning to his classic look and bringing along another Belmont (the one most popular with the core Castlevania community), which is explicitly stated to be because of the ballot, is an "only" to you. You're not even mentioning the return of ALL veterans, including Solid Snake (which is just as big as the newcomers to me), which was again because of the ballot. You're coming off as super entitled because a character you hate is in and one you want isn't.

D

Deleted member

*takes it seriously*
Character colors are not colors "associated" with the character, but colors that are physically a part of the character. I mentioned this before, but Incineroar's background color is yellow, which makes absolutely no sense until you note that his eyes are yellow. If the colors were chosen to complement a character's outfit or color scheme, Simon wouldn't have red, Snake wouldn't have red, Ridley wouldn't have dusky purple, etc. I also don't believe any character will ever have white, because it won't stand out on an Amiibo box - Snake and Wolf's grey is the closest we'll get. The green is almost 100% just a placeholder to be sure that in case the web designer flubs it, they don't end up breaking the website. Geno's possible colors are Blue, Yellow, Brown, Orange, and red. Despite the fact that I said the colors aren't picked to "pop" with the fighter render, I very much believe Geno's will be Orange (blue and orange being the most well known power-couple in design theory), mostly because I think they'll want something surprising for the background color.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Talking about this elsewhere. We still haven't seen the original Discord post calling the Mii costumes in July have we?

PapaGenos isn't a liar but he only saw it recently. It could be faked is what I'm worried bout.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Talking about this elsewhere. We still haven't seen the original Discord post calling the Mii costumes in July have we?

PapaGenos isn't a liar but he only saw it recently. It could be faked is what I'm worried bout.
But what makes it credible, is that PapaGenos talked with several other people he trusts and they all told him that they saw the list before hand

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

We wouldn't be able to see it if it were in pms, now would we?

Heoj

Smash Ace
I feel like papagenos knows something about geno that we don't, this isn't based off of anything, its just a feeling i have...:drohmy:

andree123

Smash Ace
Irving means green water, so Lloyd's background should be green but also it best fits with the Tales of Symphonia Japanese box art.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like papagenos knows something about geno that we don't, this isn't based off of anything, its just a feeling i have...:drohmy:
Poor guy can barely even mention Geno, it feels like. It's like he hates to bring him up, or something. I've just blamed the fact that everyone and his grandma hates Geno nowadays, but you could be onto something tinfoil hat-like.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
PapaGenos had this look in his eyes and his mouth was slightly curled at the ends when he was referring to the Mii costume list.
This could easily just be because of the possibility of Geno being playable...

or he knows:ultpacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We wouldn't be able to see it if it were in pms, now would we?
Screenshot.JPG

Poor guy can barely even mention Geno, it feels like. It's like he hates to bring him up, or something. I've just blamed the fact that everyone and his grandma hates Geno nowadays, but you could be onto something tinfoil hat-like.
I think majority of people like Geno more than hate him. If Geno was despised, he wouldn't have this much buzz/excitement over every mention of his name. Geno doesn't come close to being as polarizing love/hate ratio as many other characters in speculation like Steve, Sora, insert FE character etc

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I mean gamefaqs is filled with geno haters and people keep ****ting on papagenos because he "just wants geno in".
I'm aware I'm being very tinfoilhatty here i do kind of have a feeling that papagenos might be aware of genos fate wether it be playable or mii costume...

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Do we know who those sources are? Is there any chance they could be lying?
We don't know, but both PapaGenos and Sabi seem to agree that the leak might be legit. Knowing them and the connections they seem to have, I don't think they'd both be saying that if there's a high chance it's fabricated

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean gamefaqs is filled with geno haters and people keep ****ting on papagenos because he "just wants geno in".
I'm aware I'm being very tinfoilhatty here i do kind of have a feeling that papagenos might be aware of genos fate wether it be playable or mii costume...
I mean, consider the fact that Fatmanonice and others know what the Starling means, including if it meant anything. They're keeping their mouth shut, either way. I'm not sure how Papagenos would act if he knew Geno was coming like 95% - 100% certainty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom