• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Can I just say that, in my opinion, good Sony reps are Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Parappa, Sackboy, and ... I don't remember his name? The guy from Ape Escape.
Watch as Sakurai bias strikes and we inexplicably get Kat, the gravity-defier from the heavily underrated, practically abandoned Gravity Rush series... that Sakurai himself apparently really, really likes. I wouldn’t even be mad, she’s great.

He’s also mentioned Horizon: Zero Dawn positively before, but while that game’s pretty fun, I doubt Aloy would be notable enough to make it.

Ape Escape tho

... man. It makes me sad we’ll never see that or PaRappa or Patapon or most of SCEA’s more creative stuff again...
There’s been rumblings of a new Ape Escape for a while now, I’d expect it on PS5. Also, if you’re looking for Playstation creativity, Concrete Genie and Astro Bot are both amazing.

Last edited:

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say that, in my opinion, good Sony reps are Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Parappa, Sackboy, and ... I don't remember his name? The guy from Ape Escape.
Spike. Or that was the one from PS All Stars

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious about that statement earlier, I assume this was about Scott's NDA Voice work?
Yeah, he hasn't said anything about the project yet, but from a previous post he made right before the nda tweet about loving to voice act in video games it seems the two are most likely connected. Doesn't confirm anything, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
With all this talk of a sony rep how many of the ones being discussed are fully owned by Sony? I dont wanna be a naysayer but I think the door is closed on those ones, at least for now. Sony really hasnt been playing nice with either microsoft or nintendo this generation. I believe Ape Escape is fully owned by them but I dont think Kratos is? He may be a viable pick
Edit: Nope they do own Kratos my bad

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I see that a Teen Titans Movie has recently come out, but why would he tweet something like that for something that's like his current job? That NDA tweet makes me think something else asides Teen Titan Go stuff. Why would he even tweet that, or be excited/cryptic?

Oh yes, erm-hm, Go Geno! Gen4Life.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Man, this thread moves fast.
You're too slow! ... sorry had to do that with your Sonic photo.

Anyway, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , there has been some, but very little discussion in comparison to the other big names that's been going around ... but what about lloyd irving. Has anything been mumbled due to the patent filings and Scott's NDA tweet?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Heard the Lloyd Voice actor thing might be for a New Batman Arkham Game. There are heavy Rumors circulating about New Batman

yes

MisterMike

Smash Champion
GenoWoman.png

Ah, there we go! Finally, this website let me post this!
... wait, why did I want to post this?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Scott Menville only voices Teen Titans/Go Robin, he doesn't even voice DCAU Nightwing.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 242999
Ah, there we go! Finally, this website let me post this!
... wait, why did I want to post this?
There's a reason for everything, though I cannot begin to imagine what it may have been in this particular case. I am, as they say, stumped.

In the meanwhile, before I noticed that it was supposed to be a fan in his hands, I thought it was just a big ol' carton of milk.

Gotta keep that wooden skeleton full of that there Calcium,

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There's a reason for everything, though I cannot begin to imagine what it may have been in this particular case. I am, as they say, stumped.

In the meanwhile, before I noticed that it was supposed to be a fan in his hands, I thought it was just a big ol' carton of milk.

Gotta keep that wooden skeleton full of that there Calcium,
I thought it was a carton of milk, too.

Geno's going to be the next 'Got Milk?' mascot. That's why his entry into Smash had been delayed and he'd been relegated to a spirit.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I will provide this one too if you guys are curious. I reached out to PapaGenos. The thoughts of his inner circle are consistent with Fatman's regarding the Mii Costume Leak.

1571701933841.png

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a carton of milk, too.

Geno's going to be the next 'Got Milk?' mascot. That's why his entry into Smash had been delayed and he'd been relegated to a spirit.
Egads - You're right. There is milk in Smash Bros., after all. It was the clue we needed all along.

Attachments

Grumbo

Smash Ace
You're too slow! ... sorry had to do that with your Sonic photo.

Anyway, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , there has been some, but very little discussion in comparison to the other big names that's been going around ... but what about lloyd irving. Has anything been mumbled due to the patent filings and Scott's NDA tweet?
This is something iv been wanting to ask him but im afraid (or hoping?) he’s one of the characters he cant talk about

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
This is something iv been wanting to ask him but im afraid (or hoping?) he’s one of the characters he cant talk about
To be fair, that wasn’t a fair question since he said he will only talk about the current big name discssion. I don’t expect an answer, but hey, hey can always just give his own personal vote on things. Just like I think he has a shot based on the patent filing!

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to prove that Mii costume leak actually was posted in July? Is it a public Discord post we can go check out for ourselves?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Not trying to get my hopes up too much or jinx it, but... Geno seems so likely right now like what the heck.
That is how I am feeling! Lets say, the list is 100% legit...what does this mean? It means we are getting Chocobo, Smithy/Mallow costumes. Why would we get those? Geno must be a fighter. "Well, yes that seems right, but I can't see them as FP5. Post Pass makes sense."

I disagree with this notion. Why do we sell our boy short? One big thing to consider is if we will even get Mii Costumes after the pass. Yes, very unlikely, but it could happen. So if we do not get costumes pass the FP....why do we have this list with Chocobo and Mallow/Smithy then?

- Geno could be the last fighter on the pass.
Unexpected, talked about behind closed doors and an interesting way to finish the fighters pass leading to the post dlc. Why does the pass matter who the last fighter is if we are getting more fighters? Just wanting to know.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
That can be doctored, though. It's suspicious that nobody talked about this until now isn't it?
Well papa did not show it until the crash video. Also papa most likely had this on him for a long time. I doubt this is edited or he is lying to us

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Well papa did not show it until the crash video. Also papa most likely had this on him for a long time. I doubt this is edited or he is lying to us
I don't think PapaGenos is the kind of dude who would lie about it, but I'm just trying to come at this from the perspective of finding out how it can be airtight.

There's so much leak talk going on lately that I'm just totally lost.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I don't think PapaGenos is the kind of dude who would lie about it, but I'm just trying to come at this from the perspective of finding out how it can be airtight.

There's so much leak talk going on lately that I'm just totally lost.
Like I said papa did not show the list till the crash video. I feel like the reason he did not show it till now is because one nothing was proven right until 2mouths after the leak or 2 he was trying to get his other sources to back the leak to see if this could be legit. I personally believe its the second one.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

So, uh, that whole thing about Xander Mobus voicing Geno...

We have this fan VA for Joker who made this in response to my headcanon, and I am kinda sorta very dying with glee.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
That can be doctored, though. It's suspicious that nobody talked about this until now isn't it?
Well, when our resident cap-wearin', video-postin', smash-speculatin', Geno-supportin', rumor-discussin', amiibo-huntin', Ninja-Gaiden-playin', Dreamworks-face-usin', Beware-The-Forest's-Mushrooms-playin', oxygen-breathin', Discord-usin', Sabi-interactin', Smashboards-postin', beatnik-lookin' Smash fan says that that's when it was posted, I kind of believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom