• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, so I just thought of something.
So, if there's a Smithy costume, it's probably going to come with a full beard, right?
Well, you know what other costume has a full beard?
IT'S VINCENT!
SSBU_Vince's_Hat.jpg

THIS IS HOW ALPHARAD IS GOING TO BRING VINCENT BACK TO THE CPUCS!
HE'S GONNA USE THE SMITHY COSTUME AS AN EXCUSE TO BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE SOMEHOW!
HE PLANNED IT! HE PLANNED IT ALL ALONG!
GENO AND CRASH?!

Is this Real Life?...

Or is just a Fantasy?..
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That new Papa video is giving me hope. Crash makes a lot of sense to end off the fighters pass compared to who else is on there.

He mentions that this source told him about Banjo way back when...Was it THAT guy after the Grinch hoax?! If so, that is a hell of a source to have!

D

Deleted member

Crash as #5 and Geno being in the Post-FP DLC sounds absolutely fantastic to me if true. Having Crash Bandicoot in Smash alongside Mario, Sonic and Banjo-Kazooie would represent the biggest/most well known game developers (Nintendo, SEGA, Microsoft and Sony) within Video Games and that would be amazing and Crash would have a really distinct charm in Smash.

And Geno? He's Geno! He's awesome and if he did get in it would be absolutely amazing! We've been over this a million times by now but his moveset would be fun/interesting, His charm would be fantastic, The potential songs he would bring would be glorious, etc.

Though if this leak is true and Mallow is a Mii Costume I hope he still gets a bigger role like appearing in Geno's taunts/final smash like Morgana.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly this new leaker information makes me incredibly hyped. I am way more into the idea of Crash getting in than Ryu Hyabusa. Crash being the final FP character is perfect for a VGA announcement considering we'd only have one month after Terry's release to get such an announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu ended up being leakbait which I think I've said before. He's a character that is known and does make a certain amount of sense but not really requested in any significant way. Perfect leakbait imo. And maybe both Crash and Ryu are in. But I doubt it. And holy **** those SE/Specifically SMRPG costumes getting leaked with other costumes that were confirmed 2 whole months later makes me think this is incredibly likely. Either we're getting jebaited hard with a massive fake leak specifically put out there to arouse suspicion of Geno or he's in. There's not really any other way around this. Also the fact that this was the guy that connected PapaGenos to information regarding Banjo-Kazooie a full 8 months before any other significant leaks occurred regarding their getting in SSBU makes me even more hyped.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
OK...So who is the 5th character Ryu or Crash one has to be right and the other wrong? Plus this Geno info is pretty good but I'll keep my expectations in check.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Really hoping this is a legit lead for Geno… crossing fingers for you all guys

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I have a good feeling about this one. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for Crash (something I never thought I'd say)

D

Deleted member

Honestly this new leaker information makes me incredibly hyped. I am way more into the idea of Crash getting in than Ryu Hyabusa. Crash being the final FP character is perfect for a VGA announcement considering we'd only have one month after Terry's release to get such an announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu ended up being leakbait which I think I've said before. He's a character that is known and does make a certain amount of sense but not really requested in any significant way. Perfect leakbait imo. And maybe both Crash and Ryu are in. But I doubt it. And holy **** those SE/Specifically SMRPG costumes getting leaked with other costumes that were confirmed 2 whole months later makes me think this is incredibly likely. Either we're getting jebaited hard with a massive fake leak specifically put out there to arouse suspicion of Geno or he's in. There's not really any other way around this. Also the fact that this was the guy that connected PapaGenos to information regarding Banjo-Kazooie a full 8 months before any other significant leaks occurred regarding their getting in SSBU makes me even more hyped.
Also, the leaker stood with Luminary unlike Vergeben and Tansut stood with Erdrick.

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I think we can get both Ryu and Crash, we're getting DLC for who knows how long. Both have a pretty good foot in gaming history so I can see both joining. Question is, in what order they would be revealed

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
That new Papa video is giving me hope. Crash makes a lot of sense to end off the fighters pass compared to who else is on there.

He mentions that this source told him about Banjo way back when...Was it THAT guy after the Grinch hoax?! If so, that is a hell of a source to have!
From what papa said it seems like this is the guy. Lets hope this means something good for our boy.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So right now the only thing this leaker has going for them is getting Geomon, Protoman, and Zero right; two of which were returning Mii Costume that people knew were going to return. I don't buy it at all. Had this guy predicted the Sans Mii Costume then maybe we got some legitimacy here, but guessing Protoman and Zero coming back were no brainers. I have a great feeling that Heihachi & the Virtua Fighter Costumes are returning with Terry Bogard, doesn't make me a guy who had insider info if I turn out right.

Plus I wouldn't say that Geomon is that much of a surprise seeing how it had a lot of games and there were request for him in Smash Bros. It really wasn't that out there from what I've seen, unlike Sans.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
So right now the only thing this leaker has going for them is getting Geomon, Protoman, and Zero right; two of which were returning Mii Costume that people knew were going to return. I don't buy it at all. Had this guy predicted the Sans Mii Costume then maybe we got some legitimacy here, but guessing Protoman and Zero coming back were no brainers. I have a great feeling that Heihachi & the Virtua Fighter Costumes are returning with Terry Bogard, doesn't make me a guy who had insider info if I turn out right.

Plus I wouldn't say that Geomon is that much of a surprise seeing how it had a lot of games and there were request for him in Smash Bros. It really wasn't that out there from what I've seen, unlike Sans.
He also guessed the Rocket Grunt but don't let that stop you from your usual act of raining on everyone else's parade

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

He also got the luminary alt, and banjo prior to E3 according to Papa. Have hope!

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Even disregarding Goemon, I think the odds of randomly predicting Rocket Grunt are astronomical

Not saying this leak is real, but if it isn’t this guy is a hell of a guesser

On the topic of the leak itself, Smithy and Mallow costumes sound ****ing awesome, and Crash is cool too. Hope this one’s real but not getting my hopes up.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It would have helped if he knew about the costumes coming with Terry. Then we have something to measure his credibility with.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
It would have helped if he knew about the costumes coming with Terry. Then we have something to view his credibility on.
I'm pretty sure knowing the exact lineup of costumes coming with Banjo (except Sans which i imagine as few people knew about as possible) is all the credibility necessary

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure knowing the exact lineup of costumes coming with Banjo (except Sans which i imagine as few people knew about as possible) is all the credibility necessary
Piggybacking on this, especially when a lot of people were expecting some Microsoft mii costumes coming with Banjo and we got none.

I think it is good to keep this in mind and wait for the 5th FP reveal. If Ryu H, expected. If Crash...expected and hype slowly building.

EDIT: How crazy would it be if Crash gets revealed and following Terry's breakdown video...we see Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo Hat as some of the mii costumes for Round 4....BIG HMMM

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
He also guessed the Rocket Grunt but don't let that stop you from your usual act of raining on everyone else's parade
Didn't watch the video, but I guess that's something. Eh.
He also got the luminary alt, and banjo prior to E3 according to Papa. Have hope!
That one doesn't matter. I remember everyone kept saying it was going to be Erdrick and I always thought it made more sense for it to be Luminary instead.

Might be good chance for Geno, or he just left out how the Geno Mii Costume is actually coming back with Mallow and Smithy included. If they knew about all those then why didn't they mention Sans?

Personally I rather the Ryu Hayabusa leak be true cause I can't stand Crash's design... this ought to go well.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Might be good chance for Geno, or he just left out how the Geno Mii Costume is actually coming back with Mallow and Smithy included. If they knew about all those then why didn't they mention Sans?
Sans was one of the most kept-under-wraps Smash announcements ever. Toby Fox is a one man production so it's not like a low level employee on his end could have leaked anything. I imagine such a small group of people knew about him that leaking a Sans costume would be immediately traceable to half a dozen people. It's a terrible thing to leak for personal security

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That one doesn't matter. I remember everyone kept saying it was going to be Erdrick and I always thought it made more sense for it to be Luminary instead.

Personally I rather the Ryu Hayabusa leak be true cause I can't stand Crash's design... this ought to go well.
Listen I don't entirely trust this leak either hell I'm taking this with a massive grain of salt but why would they add and make entirely new SMRPG mii costumes for a character that may not have anything to do with SMRPG?

Maybe something to do with Square sure but they could easily use 2B, The other FF7 characters, Chrono, Lara Croft, Riku, Sora and hell even Gex before making Smithy and Mallow Mii costumes for some other potential Square rep that just seems unlikely and the best fit for those mii costumes would be for Geno.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
We're gonna get Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo with Terry and be subjected to the equivalent of a 60-day long K. Rool trailer of Dedede laughing hysterically

StarLight42

Smash Lord
ALSO predicting no Microsoft Mii costumes on top of that. Jeez...

I don’t think Steve or Chief costumes were too out of question

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We're gonna get Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo with Terry and be subjected to the equivalent of a 60-day long K. Rool trailer of Dedede laughing hysterically
Wouldn't even be mad.

EDIT: I love the fact that those costumes appearing with someone else doesn't even seem impossible.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I just remembered that sometimes even the most credible sometime gives bull crap info and sometime people fool others into thinking they have legit stuff with some truth.

Remember how Vergeben just copied Jon from GameXplain prediction for the February Direct then say that Link's Awakening Remake wasn't happening? Also saying that Star Fox Grand Prix was the worse kept secret when that game never existed.

There was also xenother who literally came out of nowhere and proclaim themselves to be an extremely credible leaker who said Persona 5R was going to be on Switch amd Steve getting in over Banjo, and for some reason people just believed him. He got one thing right by leaking Persona 5 announcement date.

Sometimes people just want to screw with others.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys... if Crash DOES end up being Fighter #5, and if he gets revealed during the VGA's... it's going to be hard NOT to speculate that Nintendo/Sakurai had planned for the long-con all this time. In last year's VGA, we had Crash Bandicoot drop in to announce Crash Team Racing. We had Joker's reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the first DLC fighter AND Reggie appearing soon after to tell Geoff what everyone could expect from the Fighters Pass. Some month ago or two, there were subtle tweets between Geoff and Reggie alluding to perhaps Geoff inviting Reggie to the 2019 VGAs.

IMAGINE if during the 2019 VGAs, Geoff calls forth Reggie, or goes over to talk to him for being a special guest during the awards. In the middle of the conversation, Crash Bandicoot walks up to the two. At that very moment everyone there and watching will probably start losing their **** just seeing that. Crash'll be like, "yo Regginator, how's it going my man?", as both Reggie and Geoff look at each other puzzled.

Geoff: "Whoa whoa whoa, Crash, what are you doing here? Reggie?"
Crash: "Come on, I'm here for the party. They told me I had to come to pick up something?"
Geoff about to LITERALLY lose his ****
Reggie:
"Oh, I think I know what you mean."
Reggie reaches into his suit's pocket and pulls out a white envelope
Reggie:
"This is what you came to pick up, right?"
Add some light conversation while Geoff and everyone continues to lose their ****, and then they roll the reveal trailer.

As for out star-sent messenger... boy... things will be looking spicy by then. :2gud:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Guys... if Crash DOES end up being Fighter #5, and if he gets revealed during the VGA's... it's going to be hard NOT to speculate that Nintendo/Sakurai had planned for the long-con all this time. In last year's VGA, we had Crash Bandicoot drop in to announce Crash Team Racing. We had Joker's reveal for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the first DLC fighter AND Reggie appearing soon after to tell Geoff what everyone could expect from the Fighters Pass. Some month ago or two, there were subtle tweets between Geoff and Reggie alluding to perhaps Geoff inviting Reggie to the 2019 VGAs.

IMAGINE if during the 2019 VGAs, Geoff calls forth Reggie, or goes over to talk to him for being a special guest during the awards. In the middle of the conversation, Crash Bandicoot walks up to the two. At that very moment everyone there and watching will probably start losing their **** just seeing that. Crash'll be like, "yo Regginator, how's it going my man?", as both Reggie and Geoff look at each other puzzled.

Geoff: "Whoa whoa whoa, Crash, what are you doing here? Reggie?"
Crash: "Come on, I'm here for the party. They told me I had to come to pick up something?"
Geoff about to LITERALLY lose his ****
Reggie:
"Oh, I think I know what you mean."
Reggie reaches into his suit's pocket and pulls out a white envelope
Reggie:
"This is what you came to pick up, right?"
Add some light conversation while Geoff and everyone continues to lose their ****, and then they roll the reveal trailer.

As for out star-sent messenger... boy... things will be looking spicy by then. :2gud:
I love this idea...but Reggie isn't with Nintendo any longer :urg:

It would be kind of funny if Crash was presenting an award and before he opens the envelope...he sees the red Smash wax logo....
"Ohhh This is for me!"

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Listen I don't entirely trust this leak either hell I'm taking this with a massive grain of salt but why would they add and make entirely new SMRPG mii costumes for a character that may not have anything to do with SMRPG?

Maybe something to do with Square sure but they could easily use 2B, The other FF7 characters, Chrono, Lara Croft, Riku, Sora and hell even Gex before making Smithy and Mallow Mii costumes for some other potential Square rep that just seems unlikely and the best fit for those mii costumes would be for Geno.
Who says a Costume from a third party has to release with the characters from the same company? We got Banjo with Konami, Capcom, Nintendo and Undertale costumes. We still have some missing Namco, Capcom, and SEGA costume as well and I doubt that the fifth fighter is going to be Reiji Arisu who would tie them together.

We don't need a Square Enix character to have Super Mario RPG costumes added in.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I just remembered that sometimes even the most credible sometime gives bull crap info and sometime people fool others into thinking they have legit stuff with some truth.

Remember how Vergeben just copied Jon from GameXplain prediction for the February Direct then say that Link's Awakening Remake wasn't happening? Also saying that Star Fox Grand Prix was the worse kept secret when that game never existed.

There was also xenother who literally came out of nowhere and proclaim themselves to be an extremely credible leaker who said Persona 5R was going to be on Switch amd Steve getting in over Banjo, and for some reason people just believed him. He got one thing right by leaking Persona 5 announcement date.

Sometimes people just want to screw with others.
Right, but this isn’t that. This isn’t a vergeben or xenother attention ***** leaker. This person is specifically staying anonymous. Unlike vergeben this person isn’t piggy backing off of someone else’s leak. His costume leak and BK leak way predated their announcement and no one else was claiming those characters on any other leak. Unlike xenother this person also has a track record of correct information. It’s not a one-off fluke that he’s using to spread misinformation.

We don't need a Square Enix character to have Super Mario RPG costumes added in.
To have several characters from a game where a specific and highly requested character appears but not get that character’s costume or have them be playable is incredibly suspicious.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In all this speculative excitement, I'd just like to remind you all to screencap any posts of people ****ting on Geno's chances so we can use them for a potential image macro or video.
Who says a Costume from a third party has to release with the characters from the same company? We got Banjo with Konami, Capcom, Nintendo and Undertale costumes. We still have some missing Namco, Capcom, and SEGA costume as well and I doubt that the fifth fighter is going to be Reiji Arisu who would tie them together.

True, but even you'd have to admit it'd be pretty weird for Terry to release and rather than get any SNK costumes or a random grab bag of costumes from disparate franchises, we get three SquareEnix costumes, two of which are from Super Mario RPG, and neither of them are of the incredibly popular, fan favorite character Geno, which was in the last game.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Im not sure how to tag but we should probably ask papa if this was the same guy who told him Banjo way back when

Also maybe its a bit early but

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
In all this speculative excitement, I'd just like to remind you all to screencap any posts of people ****ting on Geno's chances so we can use them for a potential image macro or video.

True, but even you'd have to admit it'd be pretty weird for Terry to release and rather than get any SNK costumes or a random grab bag of costumes from disparate franchises, we get three SquareEnix costumes, two of which are from Super Mario RPG, and neither of them are of the incredibly popular, fan favorite character Geno, which was in the last game.
I state that when Terry release we're going to see the return of Heihachi and Virtua Fighter Mii Costumes. We might get some SNK Costumes, but I'm extremely positive on that. Also it's entire possible that this leaker might be withholding the Geno Mii Costume info, just like how many leakers said they didn't knew who the fourth fighter is but were quick to say it was Terry. We know that people can be jerks (just look at how Vergeben revealed Isaac as being an Assist Trophy post), so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I'm putting no stock into it, especially the Crash part.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
ALSO predicting no Microsoft Mii costumes on top of that. Jeez...

I don’t think Steve or Chief costumes were too out of question
Now thinking about it. What if we aren't getting Microsoft Costumes because they want to leave the door open for more Microsoft characters in Smash?

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Exactly I dont see any reason to make more costumes for a character who is only a spirit as of right now. If it was just Mallow maybe I could see it but its also Smithy which is interesting. While I dont want to say this leak is 100 percent legit I am going to look at it just in case.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
The leak’s not perfect but I think there’s far more to back it up than the Shifty/Brew/Ryu leak.
Now thinking about it. What if we aren't getting Microsoft Costumes because they want to leave the door open for more Microsoft characters in Smash?
Man I hope thats the case. Chief would be awesome. Im not a huge steve fan but i love minecraft, he’d come with good music and a guaranteed cool stage.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
what do you guys think the Mallow and Smithy Mii Costumes could look if real? to me i believe they might both be Mii Swordsmen Outfits. Mallow with his stick and Smithy with his head from his 2nd phase battle and Hammer.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
what do you guys think the Mallow and Smithy Mii Costumes could look if real? to me i believe they might both be Mii Swordsmen Outfits. Mallow with his stick and Smithy with his head from his 2nd phase battle and Hammer.
I think Smithy may be able to work as a gunner too if they used his tank for as his gun
(That’d be funny but unlikely)
I think mallow may be one of those costumes with the large head but a hole in the middle for the mii’s face, kinda like the kk slider or flying man ones.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Here's a thought. If we believe Geno is coming based on this Mii Costume leak, he can't be that far off. The remaining Mii Costumes, Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo, seem something that would be lumped in with a Geno fighter. So why were they on the same list as the Mii Costumes that were coming 2 months after? Like I don't think they would be shared together on the same list if they were so far off from one other

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom