• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Another possibility with costumes is not knowing about Geno's. This person nailed a lot... except for the star of the Mii show, Sans. This could be another case of that if the leak is legit. Like, "Hey, we couldn't make Geno a fighter, so here are more costumes to make up for it."
But would that make sense considering the SMRPG songs were pulled from YouTube by Nintendo much like Megalovania was? Would SE really be cool with giving a costume 2 pieces of music for 75 cents when they could sell a full character plus 2 tracks for 5 dollars?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
That is a whole lot of lies and you now it.
It’s... literally the logic he was using, though. According to him, Hero was Japan’s most wanted Smash character, even though “DQ in Smash” wasn’t really even a blip on the radar until the rumors. His proof is that DQ’s trailer has been viewed many more times than other characters, but that could just as well be because DQ is such a massive franchise in Japan, it doesn’t automatically mean that everyone in Japan secretly wanted him in Smash and just never said anything.

I used the Fortnite comparison because Steve actually has a sizable recent history of being requested in Smash, so it isn’t quite as comparable. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to compare the quality of either franchise, or the legacy, etc. Both are just franchises that are massively popular, but despite their popularity don’t have all that many Smash requests.

Hero was a promotional character that went over really, really well in his home market, you don’t have to also try to retroactively claim that he was a massive Smash fanservice pick as well.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 242659
Not the best artistry, but I think you'll get the picture.
Wow did you just make that? If so, thank you so much! That actually helps a lot. The Smithy one looks great and while the Mallow one looks a little strange with Mii fighter proportions, it definitely doesn't look as weird as I imagined. I would love it if these were the Mii costumes we get when Geno becomes a character.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So the leak just says Mallow and Smithy miis in regards to Geno? That blank Geno shaped space is concerning. Could he be a character, or just a mii?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So the leak just says Mallow and Smithy miis in regards to Geno? That blank Geno shaped space is concerning. Could he be a character, or just a mii?
Omitting his costume while Mallow and Smithy get costumes is pretty suspicious...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Another possibility with costumes is not knowing about Geno's. This person nailed a lot... except for the star of the Mii show, Sans. This could be another case of that if the leak is legit. Like, "Hey, we couldn't make Geno a fighter, so here are more costumes to make up for it."
It's possible, but if the Geno costume is returning from Smash 4, how would a leaker not know about it when they know about a brand new Mallow and Smithy costumes, as well as the returning Chocobo Hat? That sounds like the kind of info you wouldn't really miss. I go a lot more in-depth in this post: https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...i-discord-poll.446378/page-1513#post-23603763
Wow did you just make that? If so, thank you so much! That actually helps a lot. The Smithy one looks great and while the Mallow one looks a little strange with Mii fighter proportions, it definitely doesn't look as weird as I imagined. I would love it if these were the Mii costumes we get when Geno becomes a character.
Thanks! Trust me though, the Mallow costume would probably look better than this. You think the Toad Mii's face is something? Just imagine a big 'ol cloud with a big 'ol BUP face.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It’s... literally the logic he was using, though. According to him, Hero was Japan’s most wanted Smash character, even though “DQ in Smash” wasn’t really even a blip on the radar until the rumors. His proof is that DQ’s trailer has been viewed many more times than other characters, but that could just as well be because DQ is such a massive franchise in Japan, it doesn’t automatically mean that everyone in Japan secretly wanted him in Smash and just never said anything.

I used the Fortnite comparison because Steve actually has a sizable recent history of being requested in Smash, so it isn’t quite as comparable. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to compare the quality of either franchise, or the legacy, etc. Both are just franchises that are massively popular, but despite their popularity don’t have all that many Smash requests.

Hero was a promotional character that went over really, really well in his home market, you don’t have to also try to retroactively claim that he was a massive Smash fanservice pick as well.
i was only saying that for fortnite, no one has requested for jonesy.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
i was only saying that for fortnite, no one has requested for jonesy.
Ah, fair enough. It appears that I misinterpreted your message as regarding the DQ point as a whole, apologies for the confusion.

Anyway, back on topic...

True, but I fear of the chance where his source might not have all the info and didn't get info on Geno, like how people knew Simon but not Richter.
I honestly think they’ve “gone too far” at this point to have Geno’s costume back. The best time to announce it would have been literally any time before the announcement that extra characters were in development, but it would feel terrible to get so close to the “end” and get kneecapped by a random costume drop coming with Terry or #5.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Everybody says the Sans costume is a problem but how do we know the Sans costume wasn't something decided later down the line after Sakurai hung out with Toby? We don't have a time stamp on when that happened, so it could've been after this guy revealed these costumes. He posted that stuff in July and the Sans costume came out two months later. It could have EASILY been chosen later down the line, closer to Banjo's release, since Toby is a much more independent developer compared to other companies.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
True, but I fear of the chance where his source might not have all the info and didn't get info on Geno, like how people knew Simon but not Richter.
But then why even make a Mallow AND Smithy costume if you were also going to bring back the Geno costume? I could accept it if it was coming back with a new Mallow costume alone, but the inclusion of a Smithy costume as well just seems... odd. But before that, why even make two new costumes to pair up with the old, returning one in the first place? You'd figure the Geno costume on it's own would've been enough on that front. Super odd.

Also, perhaps I'm misremembering this, but I think Richter WAS leaked, it's just that all the leakers thought it was leakbait?
Everybody says the Sans costume is a problem but how do we know the Sans costume wasn't something decided later down the line after Sakurai hung out with Toby? We don't have a time stamp on when that happened, so it could've been after this guy revealed these costumes.
To quote my post.
And sure, he didn't leak Sans, but I could imagine something like that would've been a closely guarded secret that no leaker could've possibly known about beforehand. Toby Fox would've been the only person Sakurai would've had to deal with, since Toby had to give permission for him to use Sans and he was also the one to make the remix.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
But then why even make a Mallow AND Smithy costume if you were also going to bring back the Geno costume? I could accept it if it was coming back with a new Mallow costume alone, but the inclusion of a Smithy costume as well just seems... odd. But before that, why even make two new costumes to pair up with the old, returning one in the first place? You'd figure the Geno costume on it's own would've been enough on that front. Super odd.

Also, perhaps I'm misremembering this, but I think Richter WAS leaked, it's just that all the leakers thought it was leakbait?

To quote my post.
Richter was in the "Gardevoir Leak."

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So is no one going to bring up that this guy that was talking to Papa has a source from IGN? (Where he got the info on Crash/ costumes) News outlets like that, I would imagine, gets some pretty juicy info way in advance.

I don't know if what I am saying is true or not, but that could be a big thing to think about as well.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
This leak is juicy as hell.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but Crash with a possible lead-in to Geno? I'd be very happy with that outcome.

D

Deleted member

stand back, I'm gonna make a bold statement:

"Geno is leakbait" is leakbait. Maybe Ryu Hayabusa, too.

Also I'm with MisterMike - thanks to the fact Toby is a one man army, few people knew Sans was happening.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
stand back, I'm gonna make a bold statement:

"Geno is leakbait" is leakbait. Maybe Ryu Hayabusa, too.

Also I'm with MisterMike - thanks to the fact Toby is a one man army, few people knew Sans was happening.
Watch Sakurai was the only one that designed him as well. "No one must know...I shall create sans MYSELF!"

EDIT: Also, the double fake out on leakbait was leakbait...very bold....I like it!

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Since later on you said that you hadn't watched the video, I can forgive the assumption this leaker said to Papa "banjo comes with goemon, proto, zero, and rocket grunt", which I honestly thought he must have from the comments in here. Before I watched it, I wondered why Papa didn't make a video on it before, and I sort of still do, but if you're going to comment on something, at least *know* about it.

Also, Goemon is an extremely hard guess. I love Goemon, have wanted Goemon as a fighter for a long while, and would have never guessed him as a Mii costume. Out of 6 games, Goemon has had 3 released in the west. It's an obscure, challenging action platformer from a company that seems dead set on running their IPs into the ground. His last game wasn't even really him and was on the PS2. It's not proof, and of course could be a lucky guess, but man, if it's from his Banjo source and they're saying Crash, that's funky.

Papa mentions it, but this definitely lines up with color theory. I've been guessing orange since before Terry released. Sort of would line up with my star location theory, too...

Our boy is coming.
I saw the video later on, I can admit getting those Mii Costumes right might mean something, but just like how this leaker didn't say Sans was coming as a costume there's a chance that either the Geno Mii Costume might've been kept more in secret, the SMRPG costume were made up, the leaker deliberately left Geno to mess with PapaGenos & the viewers, or if everything aligns well Geno is actually in Smash Bros.

After watching that video the Mii Costumes & Crash leak were separate leaks, and as we see before sometimes credible leakers get wrong information. We have a couple of maybe credible leakers saying it's Ryu Hayabusa with Sabi backing some of them on that claim. Regardless of whoever is right here a thing to consider is that the Mii Costumes & Crash leak should be treated separate.

Also I would throw Color Theory out after Terry Bogard because Terry & Fatal Fury is more associated with red and/or yellow so they're just choosing colors that compliments them a little better and can always use colors that they're not predominately associated with (like how they use the blue from Terry's pants which most people wouldn't do).

So when would you figure they'd release those costumes then? Because there's really no situation I can see where any of this make a modicum of sense.
They couldn't be released on their own at random, or at least the SMRPG costumes couldn't, because of how awkward that would be. Like, you release a Geno costume alongside one fighter, then a Mallow costume the next, followed by Smithy for the one after that? If it were just the Chocobo Hat on it's own I'd understand, but when you have three costumes all from the same series, why not release them all at once like you did with the Sega and Dragon Quest costumes?

But then this brings up an interesting question: If the Geno costume is returning from Smash 4, how would a leaker not know about it when they know about a Mallow and Smithy costume, as well as the returning Chocobo Hat?
To reiterate, I'm not saying that this guy really is 100% legit, and to be frank I'm actually really glad that you're being as skeptical about this as you are. Friendly, civil disagreements like this are great for driving discussion and all that. But I wouldn't be so quick to just completely write it off, either. There's definitely more going for this than meets the eye, and unless something comes out that either confirms or disconfirms his claims, neither of us shoud be ready to spike the proverbial football just yet.
They can literally release these costumes whenever if they wanted to. Back in Smash 4 they released Mii Costumes without fighters, so why can't they do that again. Not everything has to make sense of why they do these stuff because a good amount of time nothing that Sakurai & his team does make any sense.

Like, why did they save the Shadow Assist Trophy for the very last announcement when they were making Echo Fighters and Shadow is literally the easiest Assist Trophy they made?
Why did they thought ending on Incineroar was a smart choice?
Why did they give the illusion that Dracula is a stage boss for the Castlevania stage and under rare occurrence you get to fight him in multiplayer match?
WHY DIDN'T THEY ANNOUNCE TERRY BLOODY BOGARD AT EVO WHEN THEY WERE THE LAST EVENT AND EVERYONE BEFORE THEM SHOWED SOMETHING OFF!?!?!!!
LIKE, COM ONE! You're at EVO where everyone there are extremely huge fans of the fighting game community and SNK is really freaking big and important to them. They had the PERFECT-no exaggeration-PERFECT trailer for the EVO audience that would've blow their bloody mind with Terry being revealed. The reaction would've been so great that many of the EVO audience might need to be carried out of the building with a stretcher due to the shock that gave them. WHAT WERE YOU BLOODY THINKING NINTENDO & SAKURAI?!?!?!

They do so man questionable things that they do that I wouldn't roll out the possibility that they would attach these costumes to random characters or just release them by themselves.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Yeah tbh I really don’t understand people wanting more “credibility” out of this guy or putting it on the same level as Brew. Brew called Piranha Plant. That’s it. This person leaked Banjo-Kazooie, Luminary (Hero), and the majority of the costumes from the most recent pass. Like, how much more credibility are people honestly looking for at this point? People are writing this off while assuming Ryu Hayabusa is the final FP character because a few people have said it (some with little to no prior genuine leaks or evidence). I don’t get it.
The goal posts are always going to be moved by certain people in this thread. If the dude predicted Sans then they’d be asking why he didn’t know about Terry. If he said Terry they’d be asking why he didn’t know about Joker.

I’ve said from the beginning if Geno’s costume didn’t come with Hero then I feel like he’s inevitable at some point for ultimate and i stick by that.

Outside of like 10 people in the world its near impossible to have all information on this game. The fact that this guy knew about R O C K E T G R U N T is good enough for me. And the other costumes, Hero and Banjo just solidify it.

All the Brew stuff is fishy and weird. The people in here have odd standards for what they choose to believe or not believe.

I’m cautiously optimistic because life is too short to not enjoy the ride here.

He’s in.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I saw the video later on, I can admit getting those Mii Costumes right might mean something, but just like how this leaker didn't say Sans was coming as a costume there's a chance that either the Geno Mii Costume might've been kept more in secret, the SMRPG costume were made up, the leaker deliberately left Geno to mess with PapaGenos & the viewers, or if everything aligns well Geno is actually in Smash Bros.

After watching that video the Mii Costumes & Crash leak were separate leaks, and as we see before sometimes credible leakers get wrong information. We have a couple of maybe credible leakers saying it's Ryu Hayabusa with Sabi backing some of them on that claim. Regardless of whoever is right here a thing to consider is that the Mii Costumes & Crash leak should be treated separate.

Also I would throw Color Theory out after Terry Bogard because Terry & Fatal Fury is more associated with red and/or yellow so they're just choosing colors that compliments them a little better and can always use colors that they're not predominately associated with (like how they use the blue from Terry's pants which most people wouldn't do).

They can literally release these costumes whenever if they wanted to. Back in Smash 4 they released Mii Costumes without fighters, so why can't they do that again. Not everything has to make sense of why they do these stuff because a good amount of time nothing that Sakurai & his team does make any sense.

Like, why did they save the Shadow Assist Trophy for the very last announcement when they were making Echo Fighters and Shadow is literally the easiest Assist Trophy they made?
Why did they give the illusion that Dracula is a stage boss for the Castlevania stage and under rare occurrence you get to fight him in multiplayer match?
WHY DIDN'T THEY ANNOUNCE TERRY BLOODY BOGARD AT EVO WHEN THEY WERE THE LAST EVENT AND EVERYONE BEFORE THEM SHOWED SOMETHING OFF!?!?!!!
LIKE, COM ONE! You're at EVO where everyone there are extremely huge fans of the fighting game community and SNK is really freaking big and important to them. They had the PERFECT-no exaggeration-PERFECT trailer for the EVO audience that would've blow their bloody mind with Terry being revealed. The reaction would've been so great that many of the EVO audience might need to be carried out of the building with a stretcher due to the shock that gave them. WHAT WERE YOU BLOODY THINKING NINTENDO & SAKURAI?!?!?!

They do so man questionable things that they do that I wouldn't roll out the possibility that they would attach these costumes to random characters or just release them by themselves.
For what reason would a person with a solid track record of genuine information who has specifically remained anonymous knowingly give someone like PapaGenos fake information regarding the specific character PapaGenos really wants in the game? Like that just doesn’t line up at all with what this person has done in the past. It’d also completely ruin their credibility and just burn bridges. I feel like the Grinch Leak really ****ed with people’s heads if people are assuming information coming from credible leakers with a consistent track record of genuine information are trolls now.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Someone brought up an idea for Smithy's costume being a sword fighter with Exor has the weapon.

I don't know about any of you...but I love that idea so much! Mallow with the Froggie stick makes sense, but I could see them as a brawler or even just a hat (worst case) but...Why can't Mallow be for all fighter types? (BEST CASE)

Make Mallow a brawler with the Whomp Gloves, sword fighter with Froggie Stick and gunner with Sonic Cymbals.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Ahem.

I'm sorry, what is Nier Automata?

I didn't even know who 2B was before I heard about her in Smash speculation. Sure, I'd seen gameplay of Nier Automata as it received lots of advertising, but to me it was just the game where weird gothic robo-stuff was happening and it looked cool but I was waiting for the next announcement. I knew about the blindfolded skirt girl, but I didn't know who 2B was until Smash speculation.

Now, show me how many people can say the same about FF7. That's right, a whopping .05%! FF7 is so legendary that people like myself who had never played the game until THIS YEAR know who all the characters are and can put names to faces. Before I touched the legendary game, I knew who Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Barrett, Aeris/Aerith and Yuffie were; I knew about the use of materia and Mako and how it was destroying the planet; I knew about how Sephiroth's fall into madness; I knew about Cloud having emotional issues and his history of being manipulated; I knew Tifa was his love-interest and that she was a badass brawling *****; I knew Barret was also a badass and had a gun arm and an attitude to match; I knew Aeris/Aerith died and was killed by Sephiroth and that it was a massive moment in gaming history.

There are many more things I knew about FF7 and it's characters, and why is that? Because of how big that game is in the gaming sphere and basically now in general history. So forgive me if I feel like Tifa has more clout than 2B...but it's because she does! Also, calling her a side character is not only a disservice, but it's practically an insult. She's a titular character up there with Cloud and Sephiroth with her own set of memes and fan dedication and levels of iconic appeal, but I get what you mean.

In that case, yes, a technical side character from one of the most (if not THE most) well-known and iconic games of all time makes WAAAAY more sense then the protagonist from an existing IP that was brought back with pretty decent success. If you had to choose one or the other, the choice is clear that you would pick Tifa.

But as I said before, 2B is already in SC6 so her chances of being in Smash are already down due to that, and I feel like Tifa would be in Tekken if anything as she fits better there. To add to the Squeenix character chances breakdown here, Sephiroth would be better as an AT since being dedicated to him and keeping him balanced would be difficult. Lara Croft is essentially a shoot-mcgun character, really isn't as popular due to the new takes on her games and if you wanted to do a survival mechanic, as EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman mentioned I believe...Resident Evil is the more iconic choice to fit that style. Crono, Neku, and pretty much any other Squeenix character doesn't have enough relevance or pull to be much of a contender. FF and DQ have their big bois already in the arena, so....

That really only leaves Sora and Geno. I can't see any other Square Enix characters making it in other than them.
You're downplaying 2B far too much for just not being as aware of her existence. Nier Automata is a modern hit along the same lines as Persona 5 and actually arguably has the same Sakurai support Persona 5 had as well: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2017/03/15/thinking-outside-the-box-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-526/. He speaks very positively about Nier Automata specifically and the Nier titles as an offshoot of the longer running Drakengard series. It's also developed by Yako Taro, who is a major Japanese personality along the same lines of Suda, Sakurai, and Kojima for having a very distinctive and recognizable style to his products. Nier Automata also recently broke 4 million sales becoming Platinum's best selling game: https://www.pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/neir-automata-sales-figures and was nominated for several game of the year awards in 2017 (which it may have won in a less competitive year, but holy **** we had Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Horizon, Resident Evil 7, Hellblade, and Persona 5 also in that year). Nier: Automata has crossed over with Phantasy Star Online 2, Soulcalibur VI, and Final Fantasy XIV. Nier Automata is the definition of a modern classic that is beloved by a number of current generation gamers, and has a striking number of similarities to how Persona 5 and Joker ended up in Smash.

Of course you know more about Final Fantasy VII, it has been out for two decades and has had time to make a large cultural footprint, whereas titles like Persona 5 and Nier Automata are still in the process of establishing their own. Adding a second Final Fantasy VII character to Smash doesn't really achieve a whole lot and doesn't really bring much new to the title, so I think that hurts Tifa in comparison just from Sakurai's position. I'd also imagine that with the success of Nier Automata, Square Enix would be interested in continue building that brand more (as you can't really build so much on Final Fantasy VII at this point), so they'd be more than happy to license her out. Hell, a Nier Automata port to Switch might very well happen as Platinum and Yako Taro have expressed interest in making it happen if they get the funding.

2B appearing in Soulcalibur VI is a nothing point though. We've seen that characters can appear in multiple crossovers, Terry appeared in Fighting EX Layer at the end of last year (Terry would have already been chosen by then too) and is still coming to Ultimate. There's no inherent non-compete clause with these crossovers and I've been confused as to why people seem to think currently popular characters would be bound by such constraints. Soulcalibur VI is also made by Bandai Namco who co-develops Ultimate, so it's not like it would be some sort of impossible hurdle to figure out (especially when a hypothetical 2B would likely not show up in Smash until well after a year of her appearance in Soulcalibur VI anyway).

I don't think that this is some clear cut situation at all, and I lean heavily towards 2B making more sense overall. They'd largely be chosen for different reasons, but again, Nier Automata is a modern classic that should be respected a bit more.

Honestly this new leaker information makes me incredibly hyped. I am way more into the idea of Crash getting in than Ryu Hyabusa. Crash being the final FP character is perfect for a VGA announcement considering we'd only have one month after Terry's release to get such an announcement. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryu ended up being leakbait which I think I've said before. He's a character that is known and does make a certain amount of sense but not really requested in any significant way. Perfect leakbait imo. And maybe both Crash and Ryu are in. But I doubt it. And holy **** those SE/Specifically SMRPG costumes getting leaked with other costumes that were confirmed 2 whole months later makes me think this is incredibly likely. Either we're getting jebaited hard with a massive fake leak specifically put out there to arouse suspicion of Geno or he's in. There's not really any other way around this. Also the fact that this was the guy that connected PapaGenos to information regarding Banjo-Kazooie a full 8 months before any other significant leaks occurred regarding their getting in SSBU makes me even more hyped.
I don't really agree with the notion that Ryu Hayabusa makes sense as leakbait. He's one of the top options you would pick to make a fake leak seem more credible given that he is a NES icon not currently in Smash and has been in and out of Smash discussion for years before really building up more and more support in the wake of Simon's inclusion, and furthermore with Hero's inclusion. Just because someone doesn't top the requested list doesn't mean they're inherently good leakbait and I'm not sure you would pick leakbait from a company that isn't involved at all like that just out of respect (Koei Tecmo is already in Smash, but still, leakbait makes more sense in the context of IPs you own or with other IPs from companies more involved with the specific characters I would argue). Is there any reason to doubt both Ryu and Crash? They both have a ton of merits for getting in and are both beloved characters from companies that have partnered closely with Nintendo in the past and present. The most sensible scenario to me is to see both regardless of this unverified leak at this point (as are all leaks, but I'm willing to admit this does better at initial glance than a **** ton of leaks).

Don't get me wrong, Crash and Geno are two extremely exciting additions and I'm all here for them if they're included even if Hayabusa doesn't come, but I also don't want to be so quick to throw Hayabusa out when that Koei Tecmo relationship is so strong and Ninja Gaiden is just such a big classic NES franchise that managed to also do well in the modern era.

In what way does Ryu have more evidence than Crash other than “more people have said Ryu is character 5”? One person who said Ryu also called Piranha Plant. That’s it. Other people have heard rumors. One of the “leaks” that was heavily pointing to Ryu and directly pointed to by Sabi was proven fake as soon as we say the Terry trailer. Sabi and others have heard Ryu but that’s it. And it’s not like someone with a proven track record like VR Plant or this anonymous leaker is the one saying it’s Ryu as 5 either.
I think it's mainly been the whole Koei Tecmo relationship I mentioned before. I don't think there's a ton of difference between them in terms of "evidence" (which is to say, both make sense from their respective companies as companies supporting Nintendo, both are classic characters, and both have hearsay from leakers). But it's also really hard to not acknowledge that Koei Tecmo has been extremely buddy-buddy with Nintendo in recent years with the Warriors releases, being selected to develop a Switch exclusive Marvel Ultimate Alliance of all things, and practically doing all of the heavy lifting on Three Houses. It's a little bit weird to consider that they don't have someone playable in Smash at this point with how notable of a Japanese development house they are alongside on that Nintendo stuff (it's circumstantial evidence of course, but that's kind of compelling circumstantial evidence towards Hayabusa joining before it's all said and over).

StarLight42

Smash Lord
As far as Brew goes, I don't find him as credible as this new guy because...well, what has he leaked? Aside from Piranha Plant, and even then, it was an hour before the direct in a string of Petey Piranha trolling.

Getting Luminary as the Hero default is big when most big name leakers (Tansut, Vergeben) were almost unanimously saying Erdrick.

Banjo is pretty big as well I guess? If this guy truly does guess him. (I wish Papa went more in-depth in this leak because he pretty much plays it out like we should take his word for it, even if I still trust him that's alot to ask after the Grinch leak)

And then Goemon on top of Rocket Grunt, lol. Tbh, I could see someone guessing Goemon, but Rocket Grunt? ROCKET GRUNT? That blows my mind.

For what reason would a person with a solid track record of genuine information who has specifically remained anonymous knowingly give someone like PapaGenos fake information regarding the specific character PapaGenos really wants in the game? Like that just doesn’t line up at all with what this person has done in the past. It’d also completely ruin their credibility and just burn bridges. I feel like the Grinch Leak really ****ed with people’s heads if people are assuming information coming from credible leakers with a consistent track record of genuine information are trolls now.
truth is, the Grinch leak did **** with people's heads, a lot, including mine. That's why I can still see this being 100% fake even with this astronomical, insane evidence going for it. Rather stay hopefully optimistic than

And then, there's always the chance that Ryu or Crash are both in, and someone's got their timing wrong. (Although if it is again Shifty, I am going to stop giving him any attention because he's cried wolf too many times)

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
DLC Fighter #5 Crash, and Geno either first extra DLC OR Fighters Pass 2 DLC Fighter #1, AND Ryu Hayabusa, DOOM Slayer, Klonoa (or Heihachi, or Valkyrie), Dante (or Jill, or Leon), and to wrap things up, Lara Croft... would be THE best timeline imo. The roster would be STACKED!

opens can of Kero Kero Cola
takes a sip

Ahhhhhh! This cola... tastes mighty good. :2gud:

link2702

Smash Champion
Im so confused right now....things been moving kinda quick and I’ve not been able to keep up..

We have a leak from a leaker that supposedly predicted everyone but sans right?

Said leak supposedly has crash listed as the 5th dlc, and then a bunch of smrpg mii fighters?

Is that right?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
As you mention the Grinch Leak why would someone go through the process of drawing all those characters, rearrange them, have some great small details like Snake shooting at Banjo while Kazooie freaks out, spent money print out a couple of mural and with other things that professional business do for promotional material and not coming out with an HD scan of that fake mural? Someone put a lot of hours into and is possible a really good artist which rival that Rayman leak, so why hasn't that person come out to showcase their talent?

People will go to a stupid amount of lengths just to mess with people. We even saw that someone was impersonating Brew on 4chan so and saying Jonesy was coming by getting that private facebook message of Piranha Plant. Plus all this guy did was just leak Mii Costumes; for all we know this can be another Xenother who had very little legit info and lied about everything else and people freaking bought it! People don't need reasons on why they do this crap, it's just leaking fake game stuff with little to no repercussions because there's no stake at all to this internet stuff. Got found out you're a fake, oh well I guess you can go back to living your life and still work at your job, there's nothing to lose and everything to gain in these situations.

Remember Star Fox Grand Prix, a game that many people believed and were so sure about (even GameXplain talked about it) only for it to be a huge hoax.

Moral of this story, people can be jerks.

This has been my TedTalk.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Im so confused right now....things been moving kinda quick and I’ve not been able to keep up..

We have a leak from a leaker that supposedly predicted everyone but sans right?

Said leak supposedly has crash listed as the 5th dlc, and then a bunch of smrpg mii fighters?

Is that right?
A bunch of SMRPG Mii costumes minus Geno is the most notable thing

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Getting Luminary as the Hero default is big when most big name leakers (Tansut, Vergeben) were almost unanimously saying Erdrick.
Vergeben wasn't anymore wrong than this guy though. Luminary and Erdrick were the main two picked for Hero from the beginning as Sakurai confirmed during the livestream for Dragon Quest 11 S. Hell, Vergeben said stuff more along the lines of a Dragon Quest Hero in general at first. I don't really see this as evidence against them when they were both right (and you could have gone with either of them as notable picks for a Dragon Quest character only knowing DQ in the first place or trying to jump off of existing leaks).

Tansut was the most wrong though with nothing of a female alt being near Hero. But anybody who said Erdrick or Luminary seems pretty well equally credible in the same ways as they were both with Hero from the beginning of the proposal.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don't really agree with the notion that Ryu Hayabusa makes sense as leakbait. He's one of the top options you would pick to make a fake leak seem more credible given that he is a NES icon not currently in Smash and has been in and out of Smash discussion for years before really building up more and more support in the wake of Simon's inclusion, and furthermore with Hero's inclusion. Just because someone doesn't top the requested list doesn't mean they're inherently good leakbait and I'm not sure you would pick leakbait from a company that isn't involved at all like that just out of respect (Koei Tecmo is already in Smash, but still, leakbait makes more sense in the context of IPs you own or with other IPs from companies more involved with the specific characters I would argue). Is there any reason to doubt both Ryu and Crash? They both have a ton of merits for getting in and are both beloved characters from companies that have partnered closely with Nintendo in the past and present. The most sensible scenario to me is to see both regardless of this unverified leak at this point (as are all leaks, but I'm willing to admit this does better at initial glance than a **** ton of leaks).

Don't get me wrong, Crash and Geno are two extremely exciting additions and I'm all here for them if they're included even if Hayabusa doesn't come, but I also don't want to be so quick to throw Hayabusa out when that Koei Tecmo relationship is so strong and Ninja Gaiden is just such a big classic NES franchise that managed to also do well in the modern era.
I don't think respect has anything to do with leakbait lol. It's not like SE didn't respect Sephiroth, Sora, Slime, and Crono when they sent those names out as a list of 7 possible SE reps. At the end of the day it's "What sounds believable enough to be true." And that is Ryu Hyabusa to a T. You yourself listed off reasons why he makes sense. But he is not a character that lots of people were putting in their fake leaks nor would they. And you're not going to put a name out there that everyone and their mom is assuming is going to be in the game. The only reason I doubt both is because people are being absolutely sure that Ryu is 5 even after the things that have popped up in the past (on 4chan) listing him as 5 have been disproven. If anything I'll throw out the possibility that his being leakbait is specifically why his name has come up so often especially as the final FP character. The reason I see Crash as more likely is that this specific leaker has a lot more going for him than pretty much anyone else at this point other than Vergeben who has really been a non-entity to outright being wrong as far as DLC is concerned.

I think it's mainly been the whole Koei Tecmo relationship I mentioned before. I don't think there's a ton of difference between them in terms of "evidence" (which is to say, both make sense from their respective companies as companies supporting Nintendo, both are classic characters, and both have hearsay from leakers). But it's also really hard to not acknowledge that Koei Tecmo has been extremely buddy-buddy with Nintendo in recent years with the Warriors releases, being selected to develop a Switch exclusive Marvel Ultimate Alliance of all things, and practically doing all of the heavy lifting on Three Houses. It's a little bit weird to consider that they don't have someone playable in Smash at this point with how notable of a Japanese development house they are alongside on that Nintendo stuff (it's circumstantial evidence of course, but that's kind of compelling circumstantial evidence towards Hayabusa joining before it's all said and over).
I really disagree that they're on even grounds. Ryu has appeared on a couple of leaks that were paraded around as having credibility and then in time have been proven false. Yet people are still "hearing Ryu". On the flipside Crash hasn't been heard of as much though he is highly requested and is being brought up by someone that has now been revealed to have a very solid track record. I don't think a company being buddy buddy with Nintendo is evidence of any kind. Ubisoft is buddy buddy with Nintendo and look at what that got Rayman. The evidence here is an individual with a track record of legit leaks months before said things ended up even being rumored by other people much less confirmed. That to me puts Crash on a different level than Ryu being in a couple of fake leaks and being talked about by questionable sources like Brew and IAmShifty.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The fact that this guy is apparently sourced from an IGN employee makes this very interesting to me. I still won't trust any leaks fully, never ever, but it's pretty tough to discount this. I'm not all in, but I am keeping this in the back of my mind.

I'm feeling a little more on the up-and-up on Geno's chances. I was at 50/50, but I'd say I'm a little more 60/40, maybe even 65/35. Even in my huge amount of salt grains and skepticism, it's pretty tough to deny that his chances are pretty bright.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Vergeben wasn't anymore wrong than this guy though. Luminary and Erdrick were the main two picked for Hero from the beginning as Sakurai confirmed during the livestream for Dragon Quest 11 S. Hell, Vergeben said stuff more along the lines of a Dragon Quest Hero in general at first. I don't really see this as evidence against them when they were both right (and you could have gone with either of them as notable picks for a Dragon Quest character only knowing DQ in the first place or trying to jump off of existing leaks).

Tansut was the most wrong though with nothing of a female alt being near Hero. But anybody who said Erdrick or Luminary seems pretty well equally credible in the same ways as they were both with Hero from the beginning of the proposal.
Un sure about that, because in the end, Luminary is Alt 1 and Erdrick is alt 2. Sure, they may have both been planned upon the character's inception, but getting which order the alts go in (essentially) suggests deeper inside knowledge to me, whether Vergeben and Tansut were right or wrong in the end.

Also papagenos papagenos Sorry to tag you man, but do you think you could reach out to this guy and ask him what's up with this SMRPG content?
Is the Mallow/Smithy thing meaning both of them or one or the other?
Has he heard anything about Geno being a fighter?
How did he not predict Sans?
Any new Mii fighter's he's heard? (Probably some fighting game ones for Terry's pack)

I'm assuming he probably is a middle man and doesn't know the answer to most of this stuff himself, but this leak is really interesting and if we went so deep into the Brew stuff, I think this warrants some investigation as well.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
If this new "leak" comes to fruition, then I could see this being how this all gets revealed.

-BIG BOLD CLAIM- November Direct will happen with a release window for Terry and followed by Crash reveal. Terry's breakdown video will be shown after the presentation.

Towards the end we will get Round 4 of Mii Costumes. We get some SNK costumes plus Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo hat return....suspicions rise. Sakurai pauses..."Wait....something is missing" thats right...DOUBLE REVEAL. Geno is revealed to be the first fighter in the next batch of DLC (whether it is a new pass or individual)

'They won't do a double reveal, that would take away from Crash being announced" Oh? *Looks at Hero and Banjo* Nothing is impossible.

D

Deleted member

Only papagenos papagenos can answer this, and maybe he isn't able to, but this leaker seems to be the same source that very confidently told him Banjo is coming back in November after the Grinch leak stole our Christmas. If it's the same guy, do you really think he played the long game with a youtuber who, at the time, was a nobody (as far as big youtubers go, he still is), just to come to him basically a year later and troll him on his favorite character? Who wins from that situation?! Where we don't know all of the details, we have to take the Occam's Razor approach. There's a difference between Brew, Shifty and this guy, in that the former two quite honestly crawled out of the woodwork with "information", while this potential leaker has been around, getting multiple things right.

If Sabi can back people who say "Ryu", what does that really mean? If a bunch of people can say "I've heard Ryu", great. See my previous post about how Ryu Hayabusa could have very easily been leakbait because he actually fits the criteria, mostly because he hasn't been a staple of every fake leak since the Brawl days, or even since Smash 4. I honestly never saw the guy mentioned in Smash speculation outside of one or two big fans, and then in those obviously fake dream rosters that have 400 something characters on them and he's just thrown in next to the likes of Ichigo Kurosaki and Goku.

Several things about this. First, Incineroar's color is yellow. You're right, most characters have their most prominent color as their character color, but Incineroar and Joker break that trend. It does not, however, break the trend that the color is somewhere on the character. Not to shill my own crackpot theory, but go find my posts on Color Theory as it relates to the seven stars in Mario RPG - so far, it isn't actually wrong. Terry's background being light blue wasn't necessarily called by me, but light blue was one of the colors we needed, and we got it. Orange is all that's left.

Right? They can still release Mii costumes separately, but that requires patching them into the game, which requires releasing a patch. If Mii Costume packs weren't a big seller in Smash 4, why would they continue to make them standalone, or tie them to balance patches, when they can make balance patches, character patches, and mii costume patches all one item?

Here we go...
How do you know he's the easiest?
For one, he's probably pretty big with the kids. It's a Pokemon announcement, for God's sake. They ended on a commercially successful franchise. Two? They didn't end on Incineroar. They ended on DLC.
They wanted us to know there were boss fights, but didn't want to give us the context yet. He technically does appear there.
Because Nintendo didn't want to? Maybe that requires paying EVO for the advertising time? Maybe they just don't want to use a fighting game event as an advertisement platform? Maybe they want to pad their Nintendo directs with as much diverse content as possible. Banjo wasn't even out yet, there was no reason for them to drop the Terry trailer? There's tons of reasons, and just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. Make sense?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't think respect has anything to do with leakbait lol. It's not like SE didn't respect Sephiroth, Sora, Slime, and Crono when they sent those names out as a list of 7 possible SE reps. At the end of the day it's "What sounds believable enough to be true." And that is Ryu Hyabusa to a T. You yourself listed off reasons why he makes sense. But he is not a character that lots of people were putting in their fake leaks nor would they. And you're not going to put a name out there that everyone and their mom is assuming is going to be in the game. The only reason I doubt both is because people are being absolutely sure that Ryu is 5 even after the things that have popped up in the past (on 4chan) listing him as 5 have been disproven. If anything I'll throw out the possibility that his being leakbait is specifically why his name has come up so often especially as the final FP character. The reason I see Crash as more likely is that this specific leaker has a lot more going for him than pretty much anyone else at this point other than Vergeben who has really been a non-entity to outright being wrong as far as DLC is concerned.

I really disagree that they're on even grounds. Ryu has appeared on a couple of leaks that were paraded around as having credibility and then in time have been proven false. Yet people are still "hearing Ryu". On the flipside Crash hasn't been heard of as much though he is highly requested and is being brought up by someone that has now been revealed to have a very solid track record. I don't think a company being buddy buddy with Nintendo is evidence of any kind. Ubisoft is buddy buddy with Nintendo and look at what that got Rayman. The evidence here is an individual with a track record of legit leaks months before said things ended up even being rumored by other people much less confirmed. That to me puts Crash on a different level than Ryu being in a couple of fake leaks and being talked about by questionable sources like Brew and IAmShifty.
But Square Enix was already involved in Ultimate heavily through Cloud and Hero, and thus would have a reason to be more willing to sign off on the idea of "leakbait" (They would want to protect they're upcoming surprise as an involved party in a playable character... and this is assuming Smash has ever actually used leak bait, and I've seen no convincing evidence of this phenomenon besides Vergeben trying to backpedal out of his Steve comments). I'd take it as a sign of disrespect if a company was just parading around my IP to trip other people up while I'm minimally involved with the product to begin with. I just don't think it's a good look when you've been close partners to said company to trot their name out in order to leak bait some "Smash Bros leakers" like that's the priority in this situation. Maybe it's just me, but that just doesn't seem worth the risk to involve Koei Tecmo out of nowhere like that. And again, Ryu Hayabusa has appeared on a lot of leaks since last year, and people have used that to argue against Geno's validity as leak bait, so I see no difference here. Either they both make sense or neither do as leakbait. I do not see a big enough difference between the two to argue those semantics in terms of how much sense they make as "leak bait."

And I'll be fair, I'm entirely operating from the point of view that "leakers" are not evidence one way or the other. The involvement companies have with Nintendo speaks volumes more to me as substantiated evidence than any schmuck online will ever do without further proof. I always mentioned Cuphead and Banjo & Kazooie as a tipping point here, and that's the sort of thing I will actually assign value to. Koei Tecmo has been one of the closest partners to Nintendo in recent years and even stuck with them through the Wii U era. Fatal Frame already has content in Smash. Some proven false leaks don't effect Ryu's credibility than any leaks with Geno on them would hurt his credibility as an inclusion. I don't know how legit this new leaker is because we've got a couple of things from them. Luminary as the option still doesn't convince me as anything special, and I don't the extent of their Banjo & Kazooie knowledge or if there's any legitimacy to it beyond just having said it earlier on. The most interesting thing of this leak is definitely the Mii costumes, but Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo is where things go sideways for me. We've seen correct information (accidental or intentional) mixed in with false information before. Again, we don't know the specifics beyond the list and they're not going in on Geno yet despite those Mii costumes, which seems odd (also, the miss of Sans, Terry's inclusion, and any additional Mii costumes that would be coming with Crash also feels off). It's interesting, but I value it exactly as much as I value Shifty pushing for Hayabusa as they both end up in "leaker" territory. It especially doesn't help when this person just steps out form the shadows and their previous "leaks" have not been public and are thus even more difficult to verify.

Again, don't get me wrong about the leak. Crash and Geno is a ****ing awesome reality I want to see, I'm just not counting Hayabusa out yet and I'm definitely not going to jump on to these specific leakers anymore than I would most other leakers. I go by what makes sense outside of leaks, because the overwhelming majority are bull****. And I especially do not want to see people jumping on Crash if he is Fighter #5 as somehow confirming Geno.

Un sure about that, because in the end, Luminary is Alt 1 and Erdrick is alt 2. Sure, they may have both been planned upon the character's inception, but getting which order the alts go in (essentially) suggests deeper inside knowledge to me, whether Vergeben and Tansut were right or wrong in the end.
Again, there's so little known here that I can't really say I trust a person who says Luminary over Erdrick when in fact both were right. I don't assign more weight to Luminary because that's clearly not how Hero was designed. Yes, Dragon Quest 11 comprises the surrounding content, but Erdrick and Luminary were equal from day one and we don't know the point at time in which this particular individual went in on Luminary and Dragon Quest (there were 8 months between Vergeben's Dragon Quest content post and Hero's reveal, that's a long damn window).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If this new "leak" comes to fruition, then I could see this being how this all gets revealed.

-BIG BOLD CLAIM- November Direct will happen with a release window for Terry and followed by Crash reveal. Terry's breakdown video will be shown after the presentation.

Towards the end we will get Round 4 of Mii Costumes. We get some SNK costumes plus Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo hat return....suspicions rise. Sakurai pauses..."Wait....something is missing" thats right...DOUBLE REVEAL. Geno is revealed to be the first fighter in the next batch of DLC (whether it is a new pass or individual)

'They won't do a double reveal, that would take away from Crash being announced" Oh? *Looks at Hero and Banjo* Nothing is impossible.
I standby the idea of us getting two before the year is over personally. The last of the Fighter’s Pass with Terry, and the first after to keep the hype up. I always figured it would be #5 with Terry and DLC #7 at The Game Awards haha, but things could change depending on what makes makes sense (like Crash would make more sense at TGAs than Geno, so I don’t I know about that).

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I standby the idea of us getting two before the year is over personally. The last of the Fighter’s Pass with Terry, and the first after to keep the hype up. I always figured it would be #5 with Terry and DLC #7 at The Game Awards haha, but things could change depending on what makes makes sense (like Crash would make more sense at TGAs than Geno, so I don’t I know about that).
I am not sure if we will get another VGA reveal. Joker was a great reveal for the WOW factor. Crash certainly makes sense...but we should know by now that 'sense' should never be figured into how Nintendo and Sakurai reveal things. If that were the case, Terry at EVO would have been done.

I'd argue Geno could work for a VGA reveal, but...maybe not by himself. Perhaps a SMRPG remake reveal plus Geno or, my favorite, Mortal Kombat XI style that just shows us all the other fighters coming. Geno, of course, being one of them.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
But Square Enix was already involved in Ultimate heavily through Cloud and Hero, and thus would have a reason to be more willing to sign off on the idea of "leakbait" (They would want to protect they're upcoming surprise as an involved party in a playable character... and this is assuming Smash has ever actually used leak bait, and I've seen no convincing evidence of this phenomenon besides Vergeben trying to backpedal out of his Steve comments). I'd take it as a sign of disrespect if a company was just parading around my IP to trip other people up while I'm minimally involved with the product to begin with. I just don't think it's a good look when you've been close partners to said company to trot their name out in order to leak bait some "Smash Bros leakers" like that's the priority in this situation. Maybe it's just me, but that just doesn't seem worth the risk to involve Koei Tecmo out of nowhere like that. And again, Ryu Hayabusa has appeared on a lot of leaks since last year, and people have used that to argue against Geno's validity as leak bait, so I see no difference here. Either they both make sense or neither do as leakbait. I do not see a big enough difference between the two to argue those semantics in terms of how much sense they make as "leak bait."

And I'll be fair, I'm entirely operating from the point of view that "leakers" are not evidence one way or the other. The involvement companies have with Nintendo speaks volumes more to me as substantiated evidence than any schmuck online will ever do without further proof. I always mentioned Cuphead and Banjo & Kazooie as a tipping point here, and that's the sort of thing I will actually assign value to. Koei Tecmo has been one of the closest partners to Nintendo in recent years and even stuck with them through the Wii U era. Fatal Frame already has content in Smash. Some proven false leaks don't effect Ryu's credibility than any leaks with Geno on them would hurt his credibility as an inclusion. I don't know how legit this new leaker is because we've got a couple of things from them. Luminary as the option still doesn't convince me as anything special, and I don't the extent of their Banjo & Kazooie knowledge or if there's any legitimacy to it beyond just having said it earlier on. The most interesting thing of this leak is definitely the Mii costumes, but Mallow/Smithy/Chocobo is where things go sideways for me. We've seen correct information (accidental or intentional) mixed in with false information before. Again, we don't know the specifics beyond the list and they're not going in on Geno yet despite those Mii costumes, which seems odd (also, the miss of Sans, Terry's inclusion, and any additional Mii costumes that would be coming with Crash also feels off). It's interesting, but I value it exactly as much as I value Shifty pushing for Hayabusa as they both end up in "leaker" territory. It especially doesn't help when this person just steps out form the shadows and their previous "leaks" have not been public and are thus even more difficult to verify.

Again, don't get me wrong about the leak. Crash and Geno is a ****ing awesome reality I want to see, I'm just not counting Hayabusa out yet and I'm definitely not going to jump on to these specific leakers anymore than I would most other leakers. I go by what makes sense outside of leaks, because the overwhelming majority are bull****. And I especially do not want to see people jumping on Crash if he is Fighter #5 as somehow confirming Geno.

Again, there's so little known here that I can't really say I trust a person who says Luminary over Erdrick when in fact both were right. I don't assign more weight to Luminary because that's clearly not how Hero was designed. Yes, Dragon Quest 11 comprises the surrounding content, but Erdrick and Luminary were equal from day one and we don't know the point at time in which this particular individual went in on Luminary and Dragon Quest (there were 8 months between Vergeben's Dragon Quest content post and Hero's reveal, that's a long damn window).
Where is the risk? If he's leakbait he's leakbait and not in the game at least for the time being. I don't think companies see this as the huge sign of disrespect that you seem to.

Nintendo is most definitely using leakbait when it comes to their titles (Star Fox Grand Prix) and Katsuhiro Harada who works for Bandai-Namco has been explicit as to their use of leakbait. Smash would be no different.

EHKoOB_X4AAthxv.jpg

I don't really see how "Company A works well with Company B" is in any way evidence for a character being in Smash nor do I see how it's better evidence than someone with an actual track record of legitimate information. There are tons of companies that work well with Nintendo that haven't gotten a rep and possibly will never get a playable rep. There's a clear difference between this anonymous leaker and someone like Shifty and Brew in terms of the fact that they have a legit track record and not just one or two things. I'm not sure how you can dismiss their specifically calling Luminary when he was the base form of Hero while also elsewhere in the thread have defended Vergeben as still being correct about Hero even though he specifically went in on Erdrick. Yet you're saying that you can't trust this guy because he specifically said Luminary? This starting to feel a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not sure if we will get another VGA reveal. Joker was a great reveal for the WOW factor. Crash certainly makes sense...but we should know by now that 'sense' should never be figured into how Nintendo and Sakurai reveal things. If that were the case, Terry at EVO would have been done.

I'd argue Geno could work for a VGA reveal, but...maybe not by himself. Perhaps a SMRPG remake reveal plus Geno or, my favorite, Mortal Kombat XI style that just shows us all the other fighters coming. Geno, of course, being one of them.
I don't think Nintendo wants to show us everything that's coming at once, because that ruins the speculation, and as such, ruins the "good TV" that I've been talking about.

That said, it'd be kino af for Geno's reveal trailer to be a remake of the N64 one, except Master Hand plucks Geno out of the toybox and it continues to be the Smash 64 opening, just with Geno somewhere in it. Then the silhouettes of 4 more mystery characters show up, just like a fresh copy of 64.

I'd lose it.

EDIT: just to throw it out there, Koei Tecmo seems pretty close to Nintendo and already has content in Smash. I don't see why it's a long shot to assume they'd allow Nintendo or someone to use Ryu as leakbait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom