• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So I know Geno and Sora seem like the two most likely Square Enix representatives, but if Sora or Geno don't get in, I'd love if Sephiroth got in.

I know some people find Sephiroth boring, but honestly, having another iconic villain with such interesting moveset potential would be a treat (I have no idea how they'll make his Masamune work though).

Also, as a plus, if Sephiroth got in, we may get more Final Fantasy music (probably only two though...)! I would love to hear One-Winged Angel, and maybe something like Birth of a God, J-E-N-O-V-A, etc., in Smash. (I wonder what his victory fanfare would be, maybe a One-Winged Angel remix?)

Would you guys mind Sephiroth? I know people always want more villains, but I know he isn't as requested as Geno and Sora. But honestly, I could see Square wanting him due to the FFVII Remake.
I'm clearly biased.
He is my number 1 most wanted character, and I agree with basically every word you said.
Masamune can be done like the original game, so pretty much the same range as the Monado.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Where are my Ñ Bros?

Geno must have some love in Latin America
Not from Latin America, alas, but, uh... I have seen quite a nice groundswell of support for Geno on Twitter from there, if that counts for something?

Also, if Brew would reach out to Sabi and Papa privately, why would they suddenly go to 4chan with an update to their leak? I sincerely doubt it's them.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
hold on I thought the plant predictor was the one attached to the ryu/geno thing papaG was sent on discord not this new post? Could someone straighten this out for me?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Leakbait is functionally useless if 9/10 of fake leaks contain it. There'd be no way to see who's actually giving away information when you use someone as ubiquitous as Geno. Leakbait would be like saying a Million Arthur character is going to be in Smash or Star Fox Grand Prix exists. Something so unique is easily traceable to the person you told it to. No one in the world is getting traced back to a Geno leak thread on 4chan, considering there are close to a dozen of them daily

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
hold on I thought the plant predictor was the one attached to the ryu/geno thing papaG was sent on discord not this new post? Could someone straighten this out for me?
This plant predictor is connected to them. However, it seems this 4chan poster, after the Genobasa leak became more public, searched for the plant person's post on FB, found it, and made a fake leak of their own using that post. It's really not that out there. People will go far and use all kinds of dumb connecting points to make a leak that may, on the outset, seem convincing to the very naive. See: Grinch leak.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
The "proof" they gave me was a link to a facebook post from november 1st saying piranha plant. They claim this is a post from their friend who is now saying Ryu Hayabusa as DLC5 and then Geno at some point later. I have no way of knowing for sure the post is actually from their friend but it does exist, I have a link to it. They claim their friend hasn't been wrong yet. They want to keep themselves and their friend anonymous so I can't really share the facebook post publicly. im also unsure if FB posts can be easily edited so again im wary of trusting it outright but thought it was note worthy enough to mention in a video.

I could share the Facebook post link with @PolarPanda and we could both look further into this one if people would like me to, that would help at least give what I'm saying some back up here. I basically haven't yet done a lot of digging further into this one simply because I've been really busy lately.
A bit late, but they predicted Piranha Plant like the morning of. The closer you get to the release of something (namely that direct), wider and wider groups of people start to get a hold of it and the likelihood if it leaking gets greater. Almost everything leaks once you get within the 1-day mark. Having information about a direction the day the direct airs != knowing the DLC plans for months out in advance. It's totally meaningless.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Something about all this just doesnt sit right with me. We’re basically going by hearsay with minimal evidence at this point. This exact same situation happened with Loz18 over on gamefaqs. The guy leaked the entire August direct including K Rool the day before and was then heralded as a hero, the next Vergeben. He then stated the Isaac and Skull Kid were next, and we can see how that ended up. I really cannot trust these “day before” leaks, especially when its not even the one who leaked plant who is making these new leaks

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine thinking that saying a character from a 23 year old game that was never seen again yet is a fan-favorite pick for Smash is leakbait and that the Steve of Fortnite is really coming to Smash.

Now imagine thinking this makes your leak CREDIBLE!

I'm sad this is even being talked about in the slightest. Also hey guys, I've been gone for a while because work and also depression about not being a part of the really cool book of wishes we whipped up. I have a lot to say but I'll leave it to another post. Just wanted to express how stupid the whole situation is.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I'm dying. I just got done explaining the situation to my cousin and then I check SmashBoards and the thing is already over. Ha! Ha I say! Can't a guy just share speculation without it all being blown over, lol.:ultpacman:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the most heavily demanded character of the last 15 years out of who still has yet to be added to the game is LEAKBAIT.

There are 100 Geno leak threads posted per day.

Y’all the point of leakbait is to pass around a semi-obscure name that isn’t heavily discussed, to make it easier to trace who is doing the leaking.
Tbh this is why I never bought the "Geno is leakbait" stuff from when Vergeben listed out the 7 possible Square characters. Leakbait doesn't work if it's a character that everyone and their mom is speculating about at the time. Ryu Hyabusa would actually be an example pretty good leakbait considering he was never brought up for Smash in a significant way before the various 4chan "leaks" but is a character that has enough history in the world of video games that people would shrug and accept it as being a surprising Sakurai pick. Geno is not that.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Seeing how Ryu Hayabusa might be the fifth character makes me think back how both he and Doomguy were mostly together for all the leaks like 5ch & Google Theory.

Kind of sad that out of the two who happening is Ryu and not Doomguy. It would be great to get some western characters added into Smash Bros after Banjo finally happen. Guess the one character was too much for the team and they really want to keep it to Japanese made characters.

But then again it could all be fake.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Where are my Ñ Bros?

Geno must have some love in Latin America
clears throat
switching to Spanish (Puerto Rico)

Viene viene, VAMO PUÑE** que Geno viene pa' Smash!!!!:smash::awesome::seuss::colorful:

switching back to English (United States)

Once again GenoBros, gotta hold on to that faith. All of ye who have remained steadfast; ya'll shall receive the blessing from ye Holy Star Road, and the Messenger shall decendeth to spread the Gospel of the Seven Stars, and the mystery of SMRPG speedrunning tech. :starman:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
clears throat

Viene viene, VAMO PUÑE** que Geno viene pa' Smash!!!!:smash::awesome::seuss::colorful:

Once again GenoBros, gotta hold on to that faith. All of ye who have remained steadfast; ya'll shall receive the blessing from ye Holy Star Road, and the Messenger shall decendeth to spread the Gospel of the Seven Stars, and the mystery of SMRPG speedrunning tech. :starman:
Fellow Puerto Rican?! WHOO!! (I wasn't born and raised there, though...)

That said, what the hell? lol I often trust Sabi's word but this is looking a little ridiculous now.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
I see Sabi posting here a lot. I remember back in January Sabis said they heard a Lloyd Irving leak but couldn't fully verify it.

I was wondering if there's any word on Lloyd Irving or Tales of content for Smash in terms of leaks? After the Scott Menville tweet and the Tales of Trademark + logo being filed makes me question if any rumors have been circulating around in regards to Tales of and Smash.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
For those who haven’t seen, papagenos papagenos posted an update on his video saying someone is impersonating Brew, so the Jonesy leak is fake.

The one with Geno/Ryu that he posted about first is still up in the air.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Been a while since I posted, but remained in the shadows. Hope everyone is doing well! Until another slip up happens from Nintendo (seriously...it will happen) I would only humor text stuff.

Also... @Zack E. ...glad to hear from you old friend!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait so Brewbird says he was impersonated.

And Sabi says Brew posted it to troll after she already said he was just saying stuff to avoid publicity...

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I was in Sabi’s discord and Sabi herself was being super weird about the leak. Like; as if she was desperately trying to keep it alive. I remember when the Facebook post saying he was impersonated was verified; she immediately started going conspiracy mode talking about how Brew could’ve faked it being fake and we should wait.

I usually trust Sabi with everything, but this was just some odd behavior. Either she’s just a really rabid Fortnite fan or something weird is going on.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was in Sabi’s discord and Sabi herself was being super weird about the leak. Like; as if she was desperately trying to keep it alive. I remember when the Facebook post saying he was impersonated was verified; she immediately started going conspiracy mode talking about how Brew could’ve faked it being fake and we should wait.

I usually trust Sabi with everything, but this was just some odd behavior. Either she’s just a really rabid Fortnite fan or something weird is going on.
Sounds like she could use some help. Not time in the asylum kind of help, not therapy help, but help since she is acting weird about this as you say.

Mudkip97

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Sabi.
Has Sabi ever mentioned anything again about the Lloyd Irving rumor she heard, the one she mentioned in January 2019?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Maybe she's lacking information at the moment and latched onto this leak for relevance sake. Now she's defending her own credibility for getting behind a reeeeeally bad leak?

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
clears throat

Ahuevo un puertorriqueño, yo soy de México :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom