• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I love how fake leakers think associating themselves with Piranha Plant imagery makes them more credible lmao.

VR Plant is the only foliage I trust.
Feels kind of like that guy vanished back into the bushes. Wonder if the big boys have heard from him and can't tell us about it...

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Really, "fighters you wouldn't expect" is another one of those things that makes me think Doom guy isn't getting in. Thanks to all these interviews and ports, everyone expects this guy.
People said the same thing about Banjo. You've gotta remember that the Smash Bubble is extremely small compared to the actual Smash playerbase. Sure, Doomguy wouldn't be surprising to the ten thousand or so people who intently follow Smash leaks, but for the MILLIONS of people who play Ultimate and DON'T scroll through Smashboards/4chan every day?

Sakurai would have to be as evil and stupid as wynn sometimes portrays him for the 2nd pass to be that awful

LDGno97

Smash Cadet

The only reason that I enter to 4chan is to see al the hate that recieves Geno. Since mi first time in that forum, i was making a collage of all the Geno-hate. The first one I missed it (new computer came, I lost the file).
Now I'm making a new one (I began since the announce of more fighters for DLC). But I will only releasing it, when, and IF, Geno gets announced and revealed for Smash
Some of you maybe think this is stupid, some others may like the idea.
I know I should ignore these people, and even make a collage of hopes and dreams to Geno (And happens that I have made one too), but I'll make the collage of hate just for fun. I mean ¿How come a single doll can make people go madly insane? It's hillarious

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm just anxious to hear from VR Plant, Sabi, and ESPECIALLY Vergeben again. Vergeben is still the most credible leaker to me, and I pretty much believe whatever he says lol.

Heoj

Smash Ace
the papagenos discord server is on fire because almost everyone is losing their **** over this jonesy leak and geno being leakbait...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
The only reason that I enter to 4chan is to see al the hate that recieves Geno. Since mi first time in that forum, i was making a collage of all the Geno-hate. The first one I missed it (new computer came, I lost the file).
Now I'm making a new one (I began since the announce of more fighters for DLC). But I will only releasing it, when, and IF, Geno gets announced and revealed for Smash
I know I should ignore these people, and even make a collage of hopes and dreams to Geno (And happens that I have made one too), but I'll make the collage of hate just for fun. I mean ¿How come a single doll can make people go madly insane? It's hillarious
Ooh? You are making a Geno collab? I have plenty of juicy Geno denial posts saved, I would love to help out <3

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I know Sabi is saying this might be true, but she also thought that that one 4chan leak that said Terry's trailer was a continuation of Incineroar trailer could've been true as well.
Ryu Hayabusa might be the fifth fighter but I doubt that these leaks are true, especially when it took this long to know about Terry Bogard and now we just happen to know the next four fighters in one leak.
This reminds me of that 5ch leak with Steve, Ryu and Doomguy. Because it had Erdrick and the datamine said Brave was in everyone thought that leak was true. Now that some leakers are backing Ryu Hayabusa (like that one guy that PapaGenos was talking to) a lot of other fake leaks are going to have Ryu Hayabusa in them to make themselves look credible and trick people.

Also I would say that if it's true and Geno was leakbait... kind of a prick move on the Smash Bros team part. At that point you're just treating the fans like crap.
Also Scribblenauts as DLC? I understand Terry Bogard, but really... Scribblenauts as a DLC character over everything else? It's hard to imagine that the character from Scribblenauts being playable while Namco only has one character and Bomberman remaining as an Assist Trophy. That and no first party characters at all is very suspicious.

Edit: I forgot that Dark Souls was part of that leak, but my point still stands.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So I know Geno and Sora seem like the two most likely Square Enix representatives, but if Sora or Geno don't get in, I'd love if Sephiroth got in.

I know some people find Sephiroth boring, but honestly, having another iconic villain with such interesting moveset potential would be a treat (I have no idea how they'll make his Masamune work though).

Also, as a plus, if Sephiroth got in, we may get more Final Fantasy music (probably only two though...)! I would love to hear One-Winged Angel, and maybe something like Birth of a God, J-E-N-O-V-A, etc., in Smash. (I wonder what his victory fanfare would be, maybe a One-Winged Angel remix?)

Would you guys mind Sephiroth? I know people always want more villains, but I know he isn't as requested as Geno and Sora. But honestly, I could see Square wanting him due to the FFVII Remake.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord

(Smh get your **** together smashboards)

https://i.imgtc.ws/F1XvRyh.jpg
Here’s some context from a pinned message on the leaks and spec channel from Sabi’s discord

Tldr; definitely fake, but may actually lead more credence to the Genybusa rumor

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

(Smh get your **** together smashboards)

https://i.imgtc.ws/F1XvRyh.jpg
Here’s some context from a pinned message on the leaks and spec channel from Sabi’s discord

Tldr; definitely fake, but may actually lead more credence to the Genybusa rumor
Honestly, this one is the one that I feel is worth paying attention to. That other stuff with Jonesy SUSPICIOUSLY around the time people started ****posting about Jonesy in Smash and fearing the 'black hole' would become a Smash Ball? I sincerely feel like that's the smoking gun to say that it's a fake.

If this other thing is true, though, it does at least mean that Geno's name, along with Ryu's, are going around insider circles. I still feel insanely confident in Ryu's inclusion, and I doubt Geno would be leakbait. If anything, him being cited as leakbait in that obviously fake leak hearkens back to fake leaks that called Erdrick leakbait rofl.

I dunno. I'm feeling 90/10 on Ryu and 50/50 on Geno myself.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
It really isn't any better than PapaGenos' discord tbh. And by that I mean you are going to get ridiculed if you even ponder the possibility of Geno getting into the game...Despite the server being about Geno.
Are we talking Slender's server? I've not had any such trouble there besides a certain someone who is no longer there...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Is that the same Facebook link Papagenos saw?
He has stated in his Discord that, yes, it is the same link. However, now that he's posted about it in our very own Geno thread and Jonesy's been trash-posted with Geno wojaks, all of a sudden, we have someone sharing the link and saying, "Geno is leakbait, Jonesy is in!"? He addresses this point, as well. It's all incredibly suspicious and makes me think this is a bunch of bull. My guess is someone searched FB for the post, managed to find it, and used it to craft an overly-elaborate leak.

Remember Grinch? Remember 5ch Stevedoomryu leak? Remember how many characters got 'leaked' and how elaborate it all was? Remember that these were fake?

Yeah. Nah.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the most heavily demanded character of the last 15 years out of who still has yet to be added to the game is LEAKBAIT.

There are 100 Geno leak threads posted per day.

Y’all the point of leakbait is to pass around a semi-obscure name that isn’t heavily discussed, to make it easier to trace who is doing the leaking.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Any reason Sabi is humoring the “leak”?
She said that she cannot confirm anything beyond the fact that the FB post is, as Papa has also confirmed, the same one Papa was given. My personal guess is this is the only reason she's humoring the leak at this time.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I can't imagine sakurai and nintendo adding joker hero banjo and terry and then going for a fortnite character, it just doesn't add up at all. And the fact that it claims to know characters waaaaaay into the future is just obviously fake.

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
I just read the 4chan leak a half hour ago (I was snoozing haha) and right when I begin typing y'all seem to have hit it on the nail.
I said to some pals on Discord that the leak was off and wasn't surprised when I later learned this 4chan leak is based off an existing leak made by a seemingly reliable source.

There is tons of red flags present here. Fortnite posting's at a all-time high because of the black hole so it's a perfect time to capitalize on the meme potential. Claire being chosen instead of Jill or Leon for RE is fishy and need I say how this fella managed to spell Scribblenauts wrong?
All of these combine themselves to become a smoking gun to kill this silly leak off.

Brew's post relating to Ryu H. being DLC 5, no 1st parties in wave 2 and Geno being brought up (which matches a similar leak Papagenos had weeks prior) is probably the way to go speculation-wise. Someone deliberately happened upon the FB post (and may be aware of Brew's discord post) and used it to make a 4chan leak to stir the pot hence "Geno is leakbait" and "Fortnite is IN".

Looma

Smash Journeyman
"Claire Redfield"

I've become a huge advocate for Claire, but are you out of your goddamn mind? Claire's not getting in if she's not tagging along with somebody ala Richter (Jill please...). Not even gonna humor the uh... Bart Night bit. This was made to tease paranoid Smash fans who look at any circle and think it's obviously lining up for a Smash reveal, and what better time than when a certain meme game is having a mysterious event about a hole?

Phew, it's been a stretch since I peeked in here!

D

Deleted member

Is there any thing credible or worth paying attention about this “Brew” fellow?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It's fairly obvious the 4Chan thing is fake, as 99.9% of them are and specifically this one is clearly piggybacking on the post/video PapaGenos showed.

As for the original post/start of this whole thing ... It is at least more credible than this 4chan crap, but I no longer support any "leaks" until real proof is shown ... such as the SNK "whoops" back in September before the Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

Besides plant? And who is “BigFake” and the 8 other people?

Edit: Nevermind I understand

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
That may be the worst text leak I’ve ever read, and ive seen some bad text leak before. Yeah no way in h*ll thats true.
Edit: my god I thought that was the latest post. The board has exploded since then
Edit #2: If anything this was probably someone who tracked down the facebook post (violating his privacy) and then used it as “evidence”

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, I don't believe the rumor because this doesn't really sound like something Nintendo or Sakurai would shoot for for this game. They aren't here to capitalize on a dying trend or use a lesser iconic main protagonist as the first entry for a respected series with more iconic protagonists to open the door, and they surely don't intend on making the DLC down right regrettable. The fact so many of the people on the 4chan thread doubt Sakurai's work disgusts me to an all time high.

This Globox I drew early describes how I feel rn. Glockbox.

[Edit] Fixed the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It appears the Facebook page may be legit since it is a "live" page and there are comments back during that time. Unless it is some elaborate hack by the russians who like to toy with Smash fans .... it is at least interesting.

However, that is also saying the person is the user of that facebook account AND what he is saying is true regarding his claim about Ryu, then Geno.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So according to Sabi discord, PapaGenos hasn't heard back from Brew yet if it was him who posted the Jonesy leak, and Papa himself is making a video on the leak right now

D

Deleted member

I just read the 4chan leak a half hour ago (I was snoozing haha) and right when I begin typing y'all seem to have hit it on the nail.
I said to some pals on Discord that the leak was off and wasn't surprised when I later learned this 4chan leak is based off an existing leak made by a seemingly reliable source.

There is tons of red flags present here. Fortnite posting's at a all-time high because of the black hole so it's a perfect time to capitalize on the meme potential. Claire being chosen instead of Jill or Leon for RE is fishy and need I say how this fella managed to spell Scribblenauts wrong?
All of these combine themselves to become a smoking gun to kill this silly leak off.

Brew's post relating to Ryu H. being DLC 5, no 1st parties in wave 2 and Geno being brought up (which matches a similar leak Papagenos had weeks prior) is probably the way to go speculation-wise. Someone deliberately happened upon the FB post (and may be aware of Brew's discord post) and used it to make a 4chan leak to stir the pot hence "Geno is leakbait" and "Fortnite is IN".
Is there any reason why we should look at this Brew fellow? Does he have connections to Sabi?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
I have some Ñ posts who say the same xD, people become mad if you say anything about geno

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Is there any reason why we should look at this Brew fellow? Does he have connections to Sabi?
For me, as I mentioned earlier, I take all "leaks" as fake until there is some tangible evidence after all the years of so much fake crap. For example, Terry for KOF/FF I believed after the SNK leak from Nintendo's website.

As for this, granted, take everything with a grain of salt. Large ones. The only interesting thing is the facebook post the "leaked" PPlant prior to the Smash Direct back in November. It is a live page with comments.

However, does that really mean anything? P Plant rumors were everywhere. Also, could have simply been a lucky guess ... lot's of 4chan, reddit, etc. have made partial correct "guesses" on at least partial things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom