• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He's the main protagonist of the First Person Shooter series TimeSplitters developed by the same people who worked on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. He travels through time to collect Time Crystals to stop a race called the TimeSplitters from bringing humanity to the brink of extinction. He doesn't have a moveset potential that Doom Guy wouldn't already have but he'd bring along some really good music.

I don't really expect him to join since the series is obscure enough not be known by the majority of Nintendo fans but the Story mode and multiplayer are really good. I just would love to see him appear in the game since there are talks of something happening for TimeSplitters and it would make my day to see him appear as much as Banjo & Kazooie did.
Oh, okay. Yes, I am a bit late in replying, but maybe if I can sometime, I will try the game out myself. Sounds good.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
We must be able to use that for our Geno campaign!
Im currently writing the email! Im also trying to see if my current three semesters of Japanese are enough to get my thoughts across :p

And sent!

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Also just wanted to provide an opportunity to plug a streamer. Jerma985 is playing Super Mario RPG and plans on finishing it tonight! He currently has over 3,000 viewers watching at this time. Feel free to stop by and show your support!

https://www.twitch.tv/jerma985

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So, important question of seriousnessisity:

Where should Geno be on the character banner?
I honestly liked his position on the Grinch leak.

A lot of the characters on the Grinch were placed in good positions. I remember liking Banjo's in particular because it looked like he was dodging Snake's gun. In the real banner he just looks creepy in the background with his teeth

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
So, important question of seriousnessisity:

Where should Geno be on the character banner?
I think he should be right next to Cloud, posing as if the two of them are about to fight someone to the left. He's got his hand on his gun-arm, ready to fire, and Cloud's right behind him.

Isabelle is right between them. She's the healer of the party, lol.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I want all the versions of the banner that have existed just to plaster on my walls. It's such a wonderful image that captures all of Ultimate so incredibly well. I really miss the ends of the videos where characters got placed into the banner to be honest.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I want all the versions of the banner that have existed just to plaster on my walls. It's such a wonderful image that captures all of Ultimate so incredibly well. I really miss the ends of the videos where characters got placed into the banner to be honest.
I think the NintendoVS or Smash Bros. JP twitter still posts those endings, actually! I don't remember which, though...

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think the NintendoVS or Smash Bros. JP twitter still posts those endings, actually! I don't remember which, though...
I know they do, but it was part of the trailers back during base game reveals, and just having it happen as soon as the reveal made it feel more special as opposed to waiting for the Japanese accounts to post the extra stuff.

D

Deleted member

Check the date this dude posted this and it's August 27th. How the hell did they know this? Could it be a lucky guess or could it be something more? It's very interesting even if it may be fake and hell not even Sabi or Verge publicly stated we're getting a Sans Mii Costume or even Home Run contest.

What is going on?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That tweet is probably a lucky guess, but goddammit they cannot play with my heart like this. :mad088:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I fully believe that Geno's missing Mii Costume is a lot better chance for him now especially since more DLC is announced. I know I'm the one who kept saying it can come back, but I can see that Square wants Hero to get in first so they can promote Dragon Quest XI better (they mention Smash Bros almost every time they talk about DQXI) so in return for marketing and getting Dragon Quest series a lot better following in the West they'll probably let Geno join Smash Bros.

Also we need more Mii Costume like Geno and similar to Sans and Team Rocket. I go on my negative view of Mii Costumes, but having costumes of characters like Team Rocket Grunts are a better fit. They're never going to get into Smash Bros and not many people are requesting to play as a Rocket Grunt, so it's a cute idea to customize your Mii to be like Team Rocket... but the real money is in Team Skull so get on that Sakurai.
As for Sans... It looks like Sans. I hate Mii Costumes like Rex and Isaac because they don't look like the character at all, but that Sans Mii Costume is the purest looking costume in this series history. Also I believe that an Undertale character really can't work in Smash Bros. Frisk only has one attack and you can't implement pacifism in a fighting game (maybe they could do something with the color hearts idk), and the way Sans fights doesn't lend itself well to be adapted in fighting games. It's most likely not impossible to do, we got Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, but I think the way Undertales play makes it hard to adapt to a Smash Bros Fighter (maybe Delta Rune, I never played it so idk). This Mii Fighter Costume of Sans is the best way to get that character in and just looks so good.

Reserve Mii Costumes for characters that are feasible to be in Smash Bros and make sure they don't really look like Miis. Sans is the first Mii Costume I ever bought in the Smash Bros series, never bought a single one in Smash Bros 4 but I'm happy to buy this one.
I'd really encourage you to look at PokefreakofBacon's Frisk moveset on the Frisk support thread. I also posted one there. Believe me the pacifism thing literally doesn't matter at all.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Check the date this dude posted this and it's August 27th. How the hell did they know this? Could it be a lucky guess or could it be something more? It's very interesting even if it may be fake and hell not even Sabi or Verge publicly stated we're getting a Sans Mii Costume or even Home Run contest.

What is going on?
Okay.. that's messed up. I mean.. obviously the date was wrong, so it immediately raises a flag. But that is a specific amount of stuff he got right...

AugustusB

Smash Champion

What is going on?
.....What!? This could mean something. I won't put to much faith in this, since now that more fighters are coming after the pass.
Also the date, but even then.......Big HMMMMMM

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Crazy **** happens. Remember the guy that accidentally predicted the first three characters on the pass, down to the specific Hero costumes?

TBone06

Smash Ace
.....What!? This could mean something. I won't put to much faith in this, since now that more fighters are coming after the pass.
Also the date, but even then.......Big HMMMMMM
Does anyone know who this guy is?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hello Geno Bros. Like I've said a few times before, I'm 100% confident Geno's coming as a fighter to Smash. Bold claim:

Around March 2020, Nintendo will announce/release SMRPG for the SNES NSO, and simultaneously will announce/release Geno for Smash Bros. Ultimate (could be announced along SMRPG, to release the same day, or the following week; regardless It'll be within March 2020).:2gud:

EDIT: Geno could end up being in this scenario the first DLC fighter of the second "Fighters Pass" or wave of new fighters. wink wink Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Hello Geno Bros. Like I've said a few times before, I'm 100% confident Geno's coming as a fighter to Smash. Bold claim:

Around March 2020, Nintendo will announce/release SMRPG for the SNES NSO, and simultaneously will announce/release Geno for Smash Bros. Ultimate (could be announced along SMRPG, to release the same day, or the following week; regardless It'll be within March 2020).:2gud:
Even if the first additional fighter is in development now, March sounds a bit ambitious when we're probably going to end up close to February with the Fighter's Pass characters, so an announcement is about the best we could hope for (though I'm actually inclined to say that we'll get a Smash Direct in like December if there isn't a reveal at The Game Awards and another character could be revealed there in addition to #5).

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman

What is going on?
Definitely more likely that he saw the presentation early and just threw in Geno for trolling material. If there was a datamined character like Brave/Hero it would be found by now I think.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'd really encourage you to look at PokefreakofBacon's Frisk moveset on the Frisk support thread. I also posted one there. Believe me the pacifism thing literally doesn't matter at all.
:D Thanks for the shoutout, lol.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
True that March 2020 would sound too soon for a potential Geno reveal. I mean, he could be announced within that month, yet mention that he's still in development.

Or...

What if... he's been in development since as early as... June 2019? :nifty: (Just speculating here.)

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
True that March 2020 would sound too soon for a potential Geno reveal. I mean, he could be announced within that month, yet mention that he's still in development.

Or...

What if... he's been in development since as early as... June 2019? :nifty: (Just speculating here.)
I feel that Geno is a pretty safe bet for season 2. I'm honestly about as confident in him being in the game than I was of Erdrick in the old Square 7 thread (which I was pretty confident back then). Sure he doesn't have all the Infinity Leakers like Erdrick had but there's just so much going on what with the megalovania remix being flagged by Nintendo (like the 2 SMRPG songs) and his costume missing. I think he's gonna be an E3 reveal, probably to kick off season 2.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
But remember when data miners kept Brave and Jack hidden for like 2 months?
That's true, but I'm pretty sure Fatmanonice wouldn't be able to keep it hidden from us (he'd certainly try, but I feel like that wouldn't last) if there was direct, hard evidence that Geno was in the game haha.

I feel that Geno is a pretty safe bet for season 2. I'm honestly about as confident in him being in the game than I was of Erdrick in the old Square 7 thread (which I was pretty confident back then). Sure he doesn't have all the Infinity Leakers like Erdrick had but there's just so much going on what with the megalovania remix being flagged by Nintendo (like the 2 SMRPG songs) and his costume missing. I think he's gonna be an E3 reveal, probably to kick off season 2.
Well, they said more DLC characters were in development, which implies in development now, so I really doubt that we'd be waiting until June of next year to see the first one unless Sakurai takes a break in between Season 1 and "Season 2 (because who knows if it'll be structured like a season)" and the translation from yesterday was incorrect.

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
What "Starling" means?

Ok guys, hear me out, we get forest maze and battle against a armed boss, with more Mario music for other games; and a Mallow Costume, and we get Break the targets.

Geno its revealed on the Game Awards, like joker.

Release date is 28 of January.

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
A
t-posing in the middle
Asserting his dominance

Ok guys, hear me out, we get forest maze and battle against a armed boss, with more Mario music for other games; and a Mallow Costume, and we get Break the targets.

Geno its revealed on the Game Awards, like joker.

Release date is 28 of January.
If this become true, i gonna be so freaked out

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Guys, Sakurai said something like "adding new characters after the pass will be opportunities to satisfy the fans"
With Banjo, Ridley, K. Rool, etc added to the game, Geno is definitely the most wanted smash fans character now.

Idk but perhaps this means something

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
That's true, but I'm pretty sure Fatmanonice wouldn't be able to keep it hidden from us (he'd certainly try, but I feel like that wouldn't last) if there was direct, hard evidence that Geno was in the game haha.

Well, they said more DLC characters were in development, which implies in development now, so I really doubt that we'd be waiting until June of next year to see the first one unless Sakurai takes a break in between Season 1 and "Season 2 (because who knows if it'll be structured like a season)" and the translation from yesterday was incorrect.
Well, I'd think that when it comes to thinking about whose in as Smash DLC Part 2, I think they've solidified the positions of the newest DLC characters, sort of like how after Piranha Plant was announced, Sakurai stated that they already thought up of Smash DLC for Part 1. It may be a bluff, or it may not be.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, I'd think that when it comes to thinking about whose in as Smash DLC Part 2, I think they've solidified the positions of the newest DLC characters, sort of like how after Piranha Plant was announced, Sakurai stated that they already thought up of Smash DLC for Part 1. It may be a bluff, or it may not be.
Even in the case that they're now just solidifying characters and the "now in development" was a mistranslation/lie, this is coming in early September compared to the case where we got confirmation of the Fighter's Pass in early November last year and still got Joker by April. If they're confirming more characters now and had just solidified them now, they'd still get one out before E3, especially considering it seems like we won't be getting any more extra new modes so development will be focused on fighters (and potentially stages, but that will remain to be seen depending on how they handle non Fighter's Pass characters).

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I hope that my presence has made you reconsider your signature :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom