• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I don't think they mentioned another fighters pass. They may just be individual DLC instead.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Well, the fan rules are already beginning. Since Sakurai said "new game worlds", everyone's still shoving away the chance of Geno.... sigh... I hate the speculation scene sometimes
Lol I called it. People will die on this hill that there are no new reps from previous series until one actually makes the jump to being playable.

I don't think they mentioned another fighters pass. They may just be individual DLC instead.
It's ""bonus DLC"" basically is what I'm thinking. So now it's confirmed that Plant had its own DLC section for a reason. This was likely planned from the start.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I give Mii Costume a hard time, but Sans is hands down the best right next to Skull Kid's costume. It looks like the character without being a bootleg

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
Coming in here just to say that wow sakurai blew me out of the water with the smash segment.o

Banjo dropping today was something I said "eh, it could happen" and it did, super excited to play around as them and try to make out some combos.
also EXTRA DLC FIGHTERS AND THE GENO MII COSTUME STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP!?! talk about a positive since that gives me the feeling they're adding Geno as extra DLC since there may not be any limitations anymore for who could get in!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Please spread the word about my email campaign all.

Sorry to sound like a broken record. But since DLC is in development ... the sooner the better!

Send me those emails. Give me fan art. Give me stories. Anything support GENO!!

Last edited:

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
Just stopping by to say I WANT GENO and now it feels so possible with more DLC and still no Mii costume!

I honestly would have nothing more to ask for if we got Geno.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Maybe he won't get the whole pass treatment, but if we get him it'll be great regardless
Really Sans set a precedent that they don't have problem with dropping a costume/character and including a single piece of music. I totally could see Geno getting in with Fight against an Armed Boss and Beware the Mushroom Forest included.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Just stopping by to say I WANT GENO and now it feels so possible with more DLC and still no Mii costume!

I honestly would have nothing more to ask for if we got Geno.
If so, please participate in my Geno for DLC writing campaign! Please send me an email with your comments and wish for Geno to smashultimatedlc@gmail.com.

I don't know if I can start a new thread since we have this one for support of Geno. Hmmm.

Firox

Smash Master
So out of the mouth of Sakurai himself, he admitted that we will likely never see a roster this full ever again. That said, he also declared that he's dedicated to making the roster that much bigger for as long as he can. In other words, Geno still has a shot, and if ever there was or ever will be a Smash for him to get in, this is it. One way or another, we're in the endgame now...

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
>Geno Survives The Latest Costume Wave
>More DLC beyond the Fighter Pass

There’s no way we’re gonna get looked over again. There’s just no way.

D

Deleted member

I literally can't believe we live in a timeline where Sans being in Smash Bros in anyway is a reality

D

Deleted member

I can't believe Geno actually has a fighting chance again. This is wonderful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, we need to step up stuff like Project Starfall and other Geno spreading operations. Don't pester Nintendo but we need to show them the demand is there

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Really Sans set a precedent that they don't have problem with dropping a costume/character and including a dingle piece of music. I totally could see Geno getting in with Fight against an Armed Boss and Beware the Mushroom Forest included.
I already main Mii Gunner, I'm okay with this timeline.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
oh boy was that an interesting development. I was not expecting the future dlc announcement this early but in hindsight I think it was the correct move because the leadup to #5 would have been the worst period for speculation yet without it and I don't know how much more we could weather before just imploding. The costumes were really testing though not as much as last time, though now that anything could come with anything it's going to be a roller coaster each reveal. Personally I'm still more or less holding to my original prediction from like june or july that geno was is going to be dlc fighter #7 and I don't really know why people were so convinced that ultimate would have had less dlc than the less successful 4. The rest of the direct was either predicted or largely disappointing tbh xenoblade 1 port felt like a really wierd choice and I'm REALLY not liking that graphical style.

btw that sans costume is crazy cool, probably deconfirms given how much attention sakurai gave it as well as overall polish beyond like anything else they've done so far, hell if it weren't for the blaster I almost see that as a fighter model. Seems like the fans were pulling more for frisk anyway so no biggie.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Id much rather this. The way he mentions it, it sounds like Sakurai believes this a level of crossovers that will NEVER happen again (he basically says this during the banjo stream). It sounds like he really wants to keep making characters to please fans until he and Nintendo lose the drive to.

We may get less than 5 more, we may get more than 5 more. Regardless its amazing its even happening

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Nice to know there is more fighters on the way (Sakurai, please don't overwork yourself), maybe our favorite wooden star puppet has a chance after all. By the way, that Terry trailer is probably the best newcomer trailer simply due to the hilarious homage and shoutout to past SNK titles.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Guys, we need to step up stuff like Project Starfall and other Geno spreading operations. Don't pester Nintendo but we need to show them the demand is there
This is what I've been saying!!! People tried to tell me that visible support for Geno at this point means nothing but there you go. We really need to step it up and show Nintendo that so many of us really love this character.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Nice to know there is more fighters on the way (Sakurai, please don't overwork yourself), maybe our favorite wooden star puppet has a chance after all. By the way, that Terry trailer is probably the best newcomer trailer simply due to the hilarious homage and shoutout to past SNK titles.
I wasn't even hyped for Terry but that trailer was awesome and made me laugh. Especially Geese getting btfo

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Id much rather this. The way he mentions it, it sounds like Sakurai believes this a level of crossovers that will NEVER happen again (he basically says this during the banjo stream). It sounds like he really wants to keep making characters to please fans until he and Nintendo lose the drive to.

We may get less than 5 more, we may get more than 5 more. Regardless its amazing its even happening
We do have the World of Light Dummy slots datamine from a while back to rely on and according to it, Geno should have 10 more chances of making it into the roster.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
They are being very vague about the new fighters after the fighter pass. They added a disclaimer saying they WOULDN"T be part of the current fighter pass. I wonder if they are going to do fighter pass #2 or make us pay $6 for every new fighter released after the fighter pass.

They might actually use all 10 remaining slots.

Last edited:

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Geno just HAS to be #77! oh and an idea J JarBear maybe you can message artists who have posted fanart in this forum directly? I'm actually thinking of going onto IG, and messaging people who post art in under the #geno or #genoforsmash to see if they can email a copy of their art to that email you posted.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I sent an email with my wish for Geno! :)
Thanks!

I already bought this shirt, but I am buying another one to send to Nintendo for this campaign.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 4.45.39 PM.png

SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL YOU KNOW. YOUR FRIENDS. YOU FELLOW SMASH PLAYERS. EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom